PDA

View Full Version : BD swap with target MM

ryan92084
August 2nd, 2013, 06:10 PM
Not sure if this is intended, a limitation of the mechanics, or just an over sight. Bus driver swapped the Survivor (me) with the MM (who targeted self). This resulted as both the Survivor and Bus Driver getting massacred. Maybe because the survivor was the first choice this is intended or because I took the MM's place and stayed home either way it seems... strange. I guess if getting switched always ruins a self target it makes sense but I can't recall if this is the case or not.

I did search/check the forum/wiki and couldn't find anything.

ika
August 2nd, 2013, 07:04 PM
taken from the wiki this is the OoO for busdriver and MM

Target switches and role-blockers

Framer frames someone, Arsonist douses/undouses, and other miscellaneous role actions happen.

Killing roles and suicides act simultaneously
Jailor, Vigilante, Mafioso and Godfather, Serial Killer, Arsonist, Mass Murderer, Jester, Disguiser, and leavers in that order (being killed in a previous event does not matter, however), Bodyguard, Bus Driver, and Witch indirect kills/suicides happen throughout in the applicable areas.

so by this sense the bus driver swap comes into play first meanin MM is now located at survivor. but due to the fact he visited himself the bus driver is still "technacly" visting the mm

i think it worked at intended

another way of looking at it is

MM = location A
survivor = location B

MM located at location A and bus goes to location A, MM attack happens to bus but bus driving still goes through moving MM to location B causing MM to kill survivor. same thign can happen with veterans

Voss
August 2nd, 2013, 10:52 PM
Actually, mm is not supposed to be affected by bus drivers. You shouldn't have died i think

Elixir
August 3rd, 2013, 01:24 AM
Working as intended.

The Mass Murderer intends to perform the spree at his house.

Survivor is now at the Mass Murderer's house.

Bus Driver was at both houses to perform the exchange, so he too gets GG'd.

The Mass Murderer runs on a different set of clockwork when it comes to houses and targets than most other roles, he wont perform the spree at the Survivor's house because you made him target himself and thats where he now is, he targets the house itself.

Duzero
August 12th, 2013, 09:13 AM
Bus Driver must be twice as fast as any other role cause he is the only one who can visit 2 houses in one night....

Or his bus can clone itself and the driver, making it possible for him to visit 2 targets at the exact same time during the night.
This would also explain why bussed targets are not seen as visiting each other and why they dont know who else was bussed during the night, because they are on different busses altogether!

Follow up question: if 2 mass murderers targets themself, and a bus driver swaps them. Will they attack eachother and the bus driver? Leaving bus driver double massacred(because the 2 clones merge together at the end of the night, even if dead, making it seems like he got attacked twice at 2 different places at the same time...)