PDA

View Full Version : Dat Role

TheDarkestLight
July 8th, 2013, 11:43 PM
Post the role you think ruins the skill needed to play the game.

Mine is the Sheriff because every game I see something like this...
7: "Herp derp I'm Sheriff 9 is Maf, let's lynch him."
9: "No you're exec."
7: "OMG town you all suck, I'm Sheriff and he's Maf."
4: "Oh herp derp let's all vote him!"
9 is put on trial.
9: "OMG you idiot town he's exec!"
7: "No role, guilty."
9: "I'm doc..."
7: "Obv Maf."
9: "You're all retarded."
9 has been lynched.
9: "Wow wtf."
7: "Maf is so nooby this game."

Sure there is the need to make sure there isn't a Framer, but even if there is a set Framer in the setup the town will still lynch you based on a random Sheriff's lead... They just sheep the first lead they see...

This is why I put in an Invest instead of a Sheriff...

Damus_Graves
July 8th, 2013, 11:47 PM
Inves: This guy has the GF pairing. Lynch him.
***insert above scenario here***

The problem is pubs. Not roles

TheDarkestLight
July 9th, 2013, 12:07 AM
Inves: This guy has the GF pairing. Lynch him.
***insert above scenario here***

The problem is pubs. Not roles

In a sense. But there are a few roles pubs know how to use... Like most Consorts and Consigs I see are typically good, they have fairly easy jobs for a pubby to handle. Block PRs and tell the Maf what role someone is.

Hypersniper
July 9th, 2013, 04:14 AM
im pro at pubs anyway the jester is a easy win just get a maf to lynch you up and abstain easy

Fubby
July 9th, 2013, 01:17 PM
The odds of framer actually doing something with his night ability are pretty low imo. Even if you frame people who act suspicious, most town sherifs just check randomly cause they cant pick up on suspicious activity.

cattack
July 18th, 2013, 03:40 PM
The odds of framer actually doing something with his night ability are pretty low imo. Even if you frame people who act suspicious, most town sherifs just check randomly cause they cant pick up on suspicious activity.
Pugs are not known for their reliability or capability to oversee their actions and consequences. So they just do what ever other people say. Following like sheep, easily to vote guilty on the first person to be trialed. If there is a confirmed Jailor they just lynch as well, not always knowing a jailor cannot jail after some one is lynched that day. A annoying thing I see happening alot is people who do not have the rolelist/graveyard open (something which should be open by default if you ask me).
Anyway, you said some people cannot pick up on suspicious behavior. I've seen plenty of games where there are town members who act more suspicious then mafia self, whether it's voting guilty on some one who is likely to be town or accusing some one is likely to be town. Some do it on purpose and some don't know better.
Don't get me wrong though, I am not saying I don't make mistakes. I've failed where I should have known better. It's just that some people just are just to dumb to play this game as it should be. It's the people that make the mistakes, the roles are fine. There is a variety of ways to play a role (just don't troll).

Slaol
July 18th, 2013, 04:16 PM
There is nothing wrong with Sheriff. Really all investigative roles are built to be the weapon of town, and be tough for scum to get around.
Sheriff- finite answers, but low potential if it checks Towns
Investigator- wider range for claiming, but higher potential since it gets info from friendlies.
Detective- wider range of claiming still, but can lock players to a specific role when matched with feedback.
Lookout- harder to operate and range to claim by scum, but could catch multiple scums in a single night (Godfather+Janitor, for example).
FM Specific: Journalist- infinite room for scum to roam and claim, but if used effectively can net far more information than possible from the others, by delving into the minds of the players to gain buddying, feedback, leads, and role claims.

There is really no issue with any of them individually, the issue is that you get 2-4 of them in any game on Sc2.
Scum Power Roles should match Town Power Roles.
This would mean normal games on Sc2 should be (keeping the ratio of scum the same)
Mafia
Mafia
Mafia
Evil
Evil
Benign
Town PR
Town PR
Town PR
Town PR
Town PR
Citizen
Citizen
Citizen
Citizen

Town has 4 more power roles than they should each game, and odds are that 1 or 2 of them is an investigative.