PDA

View Full Version : Make crier a unique role

eezstreet
July 8th, 2013, 11:12 AM
Title says it all. I'm tired of there being two criers in games. There should only be one, otherwise things get real confusing.

Hypersniper
July 8th, 2013, 11:13 AM
NOOOOO criers are best role in the game my save has 6 crier 1 sheriff 2 cit 1 vig 2 mafioso 1 consort 1 amne 1 sk

kyle1234513
July 8th, 2013, 11:15 AM
NOOOOO criers are best role in the game my save has 6 crier 1 sheriff 2 cit 1 vig 2 mafioso 1 consort 1 amne 1 sk

then the 6 criers role call in their night chat and they easily control the votes and random lynch any non in agreement with crier voters will be lynched on sight.

but I still don't like crier being unique. its not that special or gamebreaking if theres more than 1.

Damus_Graves
July 8th, 2013, 11:15 AM
In a town you can have multiple criers telling you the news. So no

AppleyNO
July 8th, 2013, 11:17 AM
I disagree with Damus. Nothing that Crier was set out to do can happen if there are 2 Criers. Either they troll or we have even more confirmed towns.

I've been thinking about suggesting this for a while. +1

deathworlds
July 8th, 2013, 11:24 AM
I agree. I played a game with THREE criers. Town lost to a fricken arsonist that game.

DeadMG
July 8th, 2013, 11:34 AM
I agree. It also fits more with the other Town Power roles if the Crier is unique.

deathworlds
July 8th, 2013, 11:36 AM
^ Exactly.

kyle1234513
July 8th, 2013, 11:37 AM
then why aren't jailor or veteran unique? ive seen a game with 2 veterans with infinite alerts and pierce immunity.

deathworlds
July 8th, 2013, 11:38 AM
Lol I just had a game like that. I was the veteran along with another dude and we both went alert N1 and We killed off the mafia. (Two mafia that setup) And sherrif called out the serial killer.

Cultists where spreading like wildfire though. Town still won xD

In all seriousness. Two criers actually do more harm to the town then good. They would just be two untrustworthy confirmable. most likely.

Two vets caused a town win. As I explained above.

EDIT: I see. You used magic manipulation powers to combine two posts into one....

eezstreet
July 8th, 2013, 11:52 AM
I just had a game where there were 3 criers and an amn turned crier. Things went from bad to simply apeshit.

Fubby
July 8th, 2013, 01:39 PM
But that would prevent my favorite strategy.

Pretend there are 2 criers when really its only me to hardcore mess with towns head.

deathworlds
July 9th, 2013, 05:42 AM
Why would you ever do that?

MrMostache
July 9th, 2013, 06:43 AM
Crier shouldn't even be a power role. I'm pretty sure anyone can see the gap between Crier role and all other power roles in affecting the game

Fubby
July 9th, 2013, 12:50 PM
I do it n1 then n2 I come out that there is only one. Then I lead the town to a glorious victory. I help them see through the darkness to the light at the end of the tunnel. Etc.