PDA

View Full Version : Non-cit weak town roles

Squidypie
July 8th, 2013, 10:22 AM
There's a big jump from citizen to all the "can do something every night" roles. I think maybe there's room for some roles in-between.

All of these would also have the win ties option:
Admin Edit: No.

Community Watch:
-For one night the people who visited a Watcher are automatically put in his last will if he dies.

Escape Artist:
-Survives a lynch but appears dead until next day

Patriot:
-For one night can redirect all attacks on mayor/marshall to self

Angry Civilian: Can have one of two abilities
No Longer A Victim:
Can kill someone else, but dies in the process (maybe only dies if victim is not town?)
Nothing Left To Lose:
Burns his own house down to kill visitors

ika
July 8th, 2013, 10:26 AM
http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/20482-*READ-BEFORE-DEMANDING-CHANGES-TO-CITIZEN*

AppleyNO
July 8th, 2013, 10:30 AM
He is suggesting that we add new roles which have more power than citizen and less that a full on PR. This isn't requesting a change to citizen.

Raptorblaze
July 8th, 2013, 10:35 AM
He is suggesting that we add new roles which have more power than citizen and less that a full on PR. This isn't requesting a change to citizen.

They're de facto cit replacements, since they incorporate the citizen's key ability to win ties.

AppleyNO
July 8th, 2013, 10:37 AM
I like the Patriot, but the other roles seem unnecessary. The Angry Civilian is a one-shot Veteran who dies. I also dislike that.

Ummm I recommend you take out the win ties thing, as that is a citizen only thing.

Raptorblaze
July 8th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Edited OP. We're not adding buffed cits.

Squidypie
July 8th, 2013, 10:38 AM
Pardon, but is there some rule that says only citizen will ever be able to win ties?

Raptorblaze
July 8th, 2013, 10:41 AM
Pardon, but is there some rule that says only citizen will ever be able to win ties?

Yes. The citizen's key ability is that it can win ties with mafia which makes up for it's weakness. Any role that tries to incorporate that with another ability to make it stronger is simply a buffed citizen which is banned. So it was that or tell you no to all your suggestions, and the patriot is kind of a neat concept.

deathworlds
July 8th, 2013, 10:43 AM
Dat Patroit. Its really cool.

Squidypie
July 8th, 2013, 10:46 AM
We can't even have a wins ties on a role with only a single use suicidey ability? I guess some of these are stronger abilities than a vest, but some of them make it a choice between the ability and the tie win :/

Raptorblaze
July 8th, 2013, 10:47 AM
We can't even have a wins ties on a role with only a single use suicidey ability?

Don't make me repeat myself.

Damus_Graves
July 8th, 2013, 10:55 AM
No