PDA

View Full Version : [Neutral - killing] Bomber

Kirdaiht
July 8th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Description: A madman with a thing for explosives
Mechanics: Places a timed bomb on a player. The player dies after # nights.
Set time on bomb using the -time # command.
Goal: be the last man standing
Options: Immune at night (on)
Bombs deactivate on bomber's death (off)
Ignores immunity (on)
Ignores healing (off)

eezstreet
July 8th, 2013, 10:17 AM
This seems like a much weaker Arsonist or MM. No for me.

Kirdaiht
July 8th, 2013, 10:38 AM
This seems like a much weaker Arsonist or MM. No for me.

He's technically stronger then the arsonist, since he doesn't have to spend a night to ignite his targets. Care to explain why you think he's weaker?

eezstreet
July 8th, 2013, 11:03 AM
Actually, he's really more like a delayed SK, since you can specify when people blow up. This makes it no more useful than the SK and weaker in fact.

Hypersniper
July 8th, 2013, 11:10 AM
you can just go -time 1 and turns into strong arso

Kirdaiht
July 8th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Actually, he's really more like a delayed SK, since you can specify when people blow up. This makes it no more useful than the SK and weaker in fact.

Explain the whole "weaker" part please.

deathworlds
July 8th, 2013, 11:29 AM
Its delayed.

Kirdaiht
July 8th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Delaying your kills allows you to stay hidden. Being tracked by a detective or a lookout as serial-killer means you are hung the next day. If your kill is delayed, it won't even make you a suspect.
It also allows you to avoid endgame situations, such as 1v1v1, 2v1, 3v1 and 2v1v1. A serial-killer has to survive one of these in order to win. delaying the kill can avoid these situations if the bomber can anticipate them.
A delayed kill is by no means weaker then an instantaneous kill. Remember that being the neutral killer is not just about killing as much people as possible, you also need to get away with it.

eezstreet
July 8th, 2013, 11:57 AM
Delaying your kills allows you to stay hidden. Being tracked by a detective or a lookout as serial-killer means you are hung the next day. If your kill is delayed, it won't even make you a suspect.
It also allows you to avoid endgame situations, such as 1v1v1, 2v1, 3v1 and 2v1v1. A serial-killer has to survive one of these in order to win. delaying the kill can avoid these situations if the bomber can anticipate them.
A delayed kill is by no means weaker then an instantaneous kill. Remember that being the neutral killer is not just about killing as much people as possible, you also need to get away with it.
By this same token, Arsonist would be the best role in the game.
Except it really isn't.

In practice, you can't actually determine who the sheriff and detective are looking at in a game because most of them go incognito unless they find someone. And they are most certainly not going to announce who they are looking at, because beguilers and witches.

kyle1234513
July 8th, 2013, 12:10 PM
I suggested poisoner a while back, virtually the same except he uses poison instead of bombs. the outlook was that delayed kills cant be implemented with a few amount of players ie 15, would need more like 25 ish for it to really work.

Kirdaiht
July 8th, 2013, 12:13 PM
By this same token, Arsonist would be the best role in the game.
Except it really isn't.

In practice, you can't actually determine who the sheriff and detective are looking at in a game because most of them go incognito unless they find someone. And they are most certainly not going to announce who they are looking at, because beguilers and witches.

The winrates of arsonist and serialkiller are aproximately the same. He's no worse then the serialkiller, and I personally prefer Arsonist over serialkiller.

Also, it looks most of the things you say are unrelated to the things I said. Are you actually reading my posts are should I just stop bothering with you?