PDA

View Full Version : End game when it's impossible for town to win

eezstreet
July 5th, 2013, 09:19 AM
Example: Witch and Mayor are only ones left alive after GF is hanged. Next night rolls around. Why? Witch will always win the next day..
I propose that unless there's a killing role left in favor of the town, the town should lose. No need to spend another night like that.

Nick
July 5th, 2013, 09:27 AM
What if Witch decides to suicide?

eezstreet
July 5th, 2013, 11:49 AM
Should have suicided earlier.

powerofdeath
July 5th, 2013, 11:52 AM
What if the last town could somehow kill witch
Even though its just mayor
Just be patience and get through the night

Damus_Graves
July 5th, 2013, 12:11 PM
No. This suggestion is not useful.

Sen
July 6th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Bad suggestion; if the game continues, that would mean town still has a chance to sruvive, so the remaining scum might change their actions based on that (Consider a mafioso vs BD ending, as an example).

Also, there's the whole suicide thing that has been mentioned before. I've had many games where the ending is 3 mafia and a witch and all of us (the mafia) suicide to grant the witch the Forever Alone achievement. Same with other achievements, particularly those who require a specific role to be the last person alive.

inb4 "you gamethrower": It's not gamethrowing if all of your team agrees.

Raptorblaze
July 6th, 2013, 12:27 PM
Bad suggestion; if the game continues, that would mean town still has a chance to sruvive, so the remaining scum might change their actions based on that (Consider a mafioso vs BD ending, as an example).

Also, there's the whole suicide thing that has been mentioned before. I've had many games where the ending is 3 mafia and a witch and all of us (the mafia) suicide to grant the witch the Forever Alone achievement. Same with other achievements, particularly those who require a specific role to be the last person alive.

inb4 "you gamethrower": It's not gamethrowing if all of your team agrees.

Confirming this.

Lazers
July 6th, 2013, 07:01 PM
Admittedly it would be a nice thing to have implemented

But it would be a pain since some roles can win 1v1, and I don't see it being put in because it'd get convoluted as new roles are added, new mechanics, etc.

The counterargument that a witch could force a town win is retarded

Nick
July 6th, 2013, 11:03 PM
Witch vs Vigilante
Witch vs Veteran
Witch vs Town after Jester suicide

etc.

killforfood2
July 7th, 2013, 01:15 AM
But then its not impossible for town to win...

But
vig has no shots left...
vet has no alerts left...
jester doesnt cause suicide...????

I get what op is saying most of the time, its just a waste of time

powerofdeath
July 7th, 2013, 01:30 AM
Confirming this.

Lol this made me remember a game a year ago when I convinced the mafia that if us 3 all visited the vet, something epic will happens, they all agree to it xD we all died n1 by the vet xD
This was so hilarious

Sorry for off topic

DeadMG
July 7th, 2013, 06:05 AM
What I really dislike is where the game ends when the other team could still have won. See: Witch vs Mayor. There's no reason for the Witch to win, because if the game did not end declaring the Witch a winner, the Mayor would lynch Witch during the day and the Mayor would win. So if anything, the existing ending mechanics seem quite trigger-happy to me. Mafioso/BD is another good example of how it ain't over till it's over. Or killing vs Jailor, even without executions.

The game should only end in favour of Team X when there is no way that Team Y could win unless Team X is AFK or deliberately gamethrowing/letting Team Y win. If there is a chance that Team Y could win despite Team X's best efforts, or force a draw, then the game should continue.

Voss
July 7th, 2013, 06:20 AM
witch: mayor
mayor is confirmed cit with extra votes, that are given because hes so respectable in the town, as the leader.
but what scum respects that. so hes just a citizen.

jailor - slavery for the jailor to hold him in his house every night.
same with bd.

TheDarkestLight
July 7th, 2013, 08:08 AM
Witch vs Vigilante
Witch vs Veteran
Witch vs Town after Jester suicide

etc.

The Vigilante one is invalid because he can easily control the Vigilante.
The Veteran one is invalid because the Witch can choose to do nothing.

kyle1234513
July 7th, 2013, 09:07 AM
The Vigilante one is invalid because he can easily control the Vigilante.
The Veteran one is invalid because the Witch can choose to do nothing.

unless witch can not force self targets. or witch doesn't know the last person is a veteran. ie he never alerted all game, and so he thinks hes a citizen.

TheDarkestLight
July 7th, 2013, 09:17 AM
unless witch can not force self targets. or witch doesn't know the last person is a veteran. ie he never alerted all game, and so he thinks hes a citizen.

I have learned that in 1v1 situations at night as Witch, unless I saw Vigilante kills and there is no dead Vigilante, I don't target them.
It saved me in two games vs hidden Veterans.

If he can't force self targets then meh...