PDA

View Full Version : Epilogue - Apocalypse [Game End]

FalseTruth
September 5th, 2011, 08:31 PM
Date: May 8th
Time: 11:23pm

"Rumpel" smiled to himself.

"Claw"'s intestines were the most satisfying of all. Not even "CaressMeTenderly"'s liver, which was rather good, could match "Claw"'s delectable organs. After he had cooked them, they had a sort of pungent taste to them. The taste of victory.

But it was a bittersweet victory.

"Rumpel" chuckled. He had told the nobles his role extremely early on, but they underestimated him and never took him to be a serious threat. Now they see for themselves that he is a force to be reckoned with. It is a pity they did not take him seriously; the fools deserve this punishment.

The Kingdoms were almost more senseless than the Romans. The one named "Yayap" named most of them for "Rumpel" to kill and the Emperor deciphered the codes of the rest.

As the rancid smell of rotten flesh wafted through the street, "Rumpel" set off to check up on "Procyon" and ensure that "Claw" had eliminated him as he had promised.

Sure enough, a few minutes later he found "Procyon"'s lifeless body headfirst in a pool of his own blood. "Rumpel" decided he was too full to waste his time cooking a lowly citizen. They usually tasted salty anyway.

"Rumpel" looked to the sky. His time had come. Rome was now his for the taking.

The Serial Killer has won!

Final Roles List:

Emperor Nero - Illidan
Swiss Guard - Yayap
Swiss Guard - AscendedOne
Royal Investigator - fred
Royal Investigator - Ganondorf
Physician - CaressMeTenderly
Physician - divemaster127
Gunsmith - MrSmarter
Armorsmith - Deolrin
Jailor - Culted - Crimson
Coroner - Elixir
Cardinal - Raiden
Citizen - Culted - MileS
Citizen - deathfire123
Citizen - Procyon
Citizen - Narks
Citizen - Auckmid
Citizen - NorthStar
Citizen - S.A.S.cnl.Alpha
Citizen - SilentShadow
Sicilian King - McPwnage
Sicilian Consigliere - Darth_Sand
Sicilian Janitor - Culted- Claw
Sicilian Mafioso - oops_ur_dead
Napoli King - vornskr
Napoli Consort - chocopaw
Napoli Framer - philie
Napoli Mafioso - Inca_Killa
Illuminati Leader - Monster
Serial Killer - Rumpel
Witch - Zack
Amnesiac - Severn
Jester - Zane

Graveyard:
Pope Puis II (Pope) – Died Day 0 -1st of May, 1776; 6:43PM – Beheaded and branded in an alley.
Raiden (Cardinal) – Died Night 1 – 1st of May, 1776; 11:23 PM – Beaten and then shot once in the head.
Narks (Citizen) - Died Day 2 – 2nd of May, 1776; 2:43 PM – Heart attack and seizures.
NorthStar (Citizen) - Died Night 2 - 2nd of May, 1776; 9:17 PM - Executed by a Jailor.
Yayap (Swiss Guard) - Died Night 2 - 2nd of May, 1776; 11:43 PM - Shot through the heart with multiple bullets after being tortured.
SilentShadow (? ? ?) - ? ? ?
philie (Napoli Framer) - Died Day 3 - 3rd of May, 1776; 3:29 PM - Hung by the nobility of Rome.
Auckmid (Citizen) - Died Night 3 - 3rd of May 1776; 7:54 PM - Shot once after a struggle by a Roman crafted gun.
Deolrin (Armorsmith) - Died Night 3 - 3rd of May 1776; 8:34 PM - Shot once in the head after being beaten.
Elixir (? ? ?) - ? ? ?
CaressMeTenderly (Physician) - Died Night 3 - 3rd of May 1776; 10:07 PM - Mutilated and cut up with knives.
McPwnage (Sicilian Godfather) - Died Day 4 - 4th of May, 1776; 3:47 PM - Hung by Emperor Nero himself.
Severn (Amnesiac) -Died Night 4 - 4th of May, 1776; 7:37 PM - Bled to death due to fractured limbs.
S.A.S.Cnl.Alpha (Citizen) - Died Night 4 - 4th of May, 1776; 8:23 PM - Killed by a gun from Rome after long struggle.
Darth Sand (Sicilian Consigliere) - Died Night 4 - 4th of May, 1776; 8:57 PM - Dismembered and burnt to death.
AscendedOne (Swiss Guard) - Died Night 4 - 4th of May, 1776; 9:24 PM - Shot once in the back of his head while eating his dinner.
Monster (Illuminati Leader) - Died Day 5 - 5th of May, 1776; 2:49 PM - Hung by the nobility of Rome for the murder of the Pope.
Illidan (Emperor Nero) - Died Night 5 - 5th of May, 1776; 11:33 PM - Murdered in cold blood.
MileS (Illuminati) (Citizen) - Died Night 5 - 5th of May, 1776; 12:00 AM - Committed suicide in devotion to his master.
Crimson (Illuminati) (Jailor) - Died Night 5 - 5th of May, 1776; 12:00 AM - Committed suicide in devotion to his master.
divemaster127 (Physician) - Died Night 5 - 5th of May, 1776; 9:43 PM - Heart ripped out of his body.
Inca_Killa (Napoli Mafioso) - Died Night 5 - 5th of May, 1776; 10:36 PM - Shot in the heart.
chocopaw (? ? ?) - ? ? ?
Zack (Witch) - Died Day 6 - 6th of May, 1776; 6:26 PM - Burnt at the stake.
deathfire123 (Citizen) - Died Night 6 - 6th of May, 1776; 8:51 PM - Shot in the head.
MrSmarter (Gunsmith) - Died Night 6 - 6th of May, 1776; 9:37 PM - Beaten while tied to a barrel.
fred (Royal Investigator)- Died Night 6 - 6th of May, 1776; 11:32 PM - Amputated limbs.
vornskr (Napoli King) - Died Day 7 - 7th of May, 1776; 1:12 PM - Hung by the nobility of Rome.
oops_ur_dead (? ? ?) - ? ? ?
Ganondorf (Royal Investigator) - Died Night 7 - 7th of May, 1776; 11:59 PM - Shot once through the heart.
Procyon (Citizen) - Died Night 8 - 8th of May, 1776; 10:24 PM - Shot once in the heart.
Claw (Sicilian Janitor) - Died Night 8 - 8th of May, 1776; 11:23 PM - Stomach cut open.

Rumpel's Last Will For Posterity
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/8/26/abb19265-ff85-4af7-b6a1-09f79b4b29bb.jpg

Survivors:

Jester - Zane
Serial Killer - Rumpel

Awards:

[font=trebuchet ms]Yayap - "The Oracle"

Yayap is the hero of Rome and the genius behind many lynches the city made. Yayap had the Cult leader, all of orange mafia, and a red mafia all on his suspect list by Day 2. None of the people on his suspected list were town. Rome's Nobility, when armed with this valuable information, was able to achieve a successful lynch every single day. For his outstanding achievement in deduction, we award him our highest honor, the Oracle Award.

Yayap's Day 2 Prophecy:

I'm not going to point out all my reasoning for suspecting the following, most of you wouldn't see it even if I explained it. Lets just say I had to connect the dots and read through the lines.
You can use the following list for future days if I die/get lynched.
Note that many of them are all trying to discredit Claw... which I find odd because I understand his reasoning.

Vote: Philie

Other suspects of being anti-town:
Darth Sand
Chocopaw
Inca_Killa
Vornskr
Monster

Still undecided about Claw. He thinks too much like me and is too cunning for me to be able to read him accurately.

I have my reasons for Not suspecting the following people:
Divemaster127
Severn
Rumple
Deolrin
Deathfire
Miles
Zane

Let the discrediting of Yayap begin ...... NOW!

When asked who he believes to be culted in Night 4 Dead Chat:

Hmm... after assuming that Monster might be cult leader rather than Oops and re-reading everything

Monster = Leader
N1 = I think Crimson jailed Monster

Gunsmith, I'm actually town. Ask Monster. He'd know...

I will shoot Darth Sand.

Crimson:n2 I think that was intentional on crimsons part
Miles:n3 safe town role if he read my will

http://f.cl.ly/items/323c2V3G3V1F0X1c3m3h/Final.png

[font=trebuchet ms]Illidan - "Alan Turing"

If Rome could be likened to the Human Body, Yayap would be the brain and Illidan would be the strong-willed legs that steer the City in the right direction. As the Emperor of the Rome, he was the lone voice of reason until his untimely death. He fought for his country and deciphered seemingly unbreakable codes with his cultured intellect. For this, we award him the Alan Turing Award.

http://f.cl.ly/items/0U1l3I211g1e2D452w1K/Codebreaker.png

[font=trebuchet ms]Elixir - "Illuminati Leader"

Elixir was the enigma of the game. Since day 1, many people can be quoted in night chats for believing Elixir the humble coroner to be the one and only evil Illuminati Leader. For this, he was targeted by the witch who assumed he would control a recruiting and was investigated by the Sicilians. Poor Elixir could never get a single examination out and never was able to help the town to the fullest of his ability. For his impeccable neutral acting, we award him the Illuminati Leader Award.

http://withfriendship.com/images/g/32964/coroner-quotpunishment-for.jpg

[font=trebuchet ms]MrSmarter - "Arms Dealer"

Guns are fickle weapons. MrSmarter learned this the hard way. When he gave his guns to the jester, the jester decided to kill citizens. When he gave his guns to town roles, they decided to shoot citizens. When he finally got his act together and tried to give his gun to the mayor, he was witched and punished for his role. For unwittingly creating an extra KPN against town, we award MrSmarter the Arms Dealer Award.

http://f.cl.ly/items/1V0g211R3I1A0I1A422N/Mrsmarter.png

[font=trebuchet ms]Zack - "The Melon Dealer"

Zack was always a wacky fellow. During the days, he spoke of his melons and seemed harmless to most, but at night he engaged in his witchery and wounded the City of Rome in a significant way. MrSmarter was his most unfortunate victim because he enabled Zack to kill every night. As the KPN grew, Zack and his melon stand were finally burned to the ground. For his accomplishments in melon dealing and witchery, we award Zack the Melon Dealer Award.

http://i.imgur.com/bYRo5.png

[font=trebuchet ms]Claw - "Vizzini"

Claw is the master of WIFOM and all that pertains to it. Nearly every day he declared that x,y, and z were probably roles 1,2, and 3 but then quickly changed his mind and stated confidently that x,y, and z were probably 3,2, and 1 respectively. Even in night chat, his confidence seemed overbearing to the rest of the Sicilians. For his ingenuity and flawless WIFOM that never actually got him anywhere, we award Claw our most coveted Vizzini Award.

Where's The Poison? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6wqKb8EUxI#)

"Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line"! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha...
[Vizzini stops suddenly, his smile frozen on his face and falls to the ground dead]

[font=trebuchet ms]oops_ur_dead - "SCIENCE AND OUTER SPACE"

For liberal application of science, oops_ur_dead awards himself the SCIENCE AND OUTER SPACE award.

http://i.imgur.com/w9lUt.png

The Most Valuable Players

Illidan
Yayap

Feel free to check out the Night actions in the attachment below or at this link https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmCuFNxfSmRydDIxOWlDbS0xX2RGUUx4bUVVOVhtd FE. It only has up to Night 5 because beyond that, all actions were self-explanatory. Good Luck in FM IV!

Clawtrocity
September 5th, 2011, 08:41 PM
LOL SUCCESS!! I DON'T EVEN CARE THAT IT TOOK SO LONG THIS MAKES ME HAPPY ENOUGH!

Gratz Rumpel on the win. Yayap and Illidan on the respected member stuff.

If oops were online I'd start stuff for FM4, but alas he is not. It will be started tomorrow.

FalseTruth
September 5th, 2011, 08:43 PM
For some reason DR doesn't allow excel files to be attached anymore...

MileS
September 5th, 2011, 08:44 PM
Congrats Rumpel! Good game guys.

AscendedOne
September 5th, 2011, 08:45 PM
NIIIIICE...

vornksr
September 5th, 2011, 08:47 PM
Good game everyone. :)

Can't believe the serial killer won, even though my team found him on n1.

AscendedOne
September 5th, 2011, 08:49 PM
Love the lil glass ball with all the pictures and names n stuff for the oracle award.

divemaster127
September 5th, 2011, 08:52 PM
Good game guys it was fun. Gl in FM4

FalseTruth
September 5th, 2011, 08:53 PM
Oops made the photoshops. All credit goes to the Ex-King of COMForum until I learn how to photoshop.

FalseTruth
September 5th, 2011, 08:58 PM
Okay I put up the night actions in a rar file. Please let me know if it works. If you don't know how to open a rar file, download winrar and it basically does it for you. I don't know how it all works on a mac, but it should be possible from there as well.

MrSmarter
September 5th, 2011, 09:01 PM
Why dose everyone use my guns to kill citizen. Well come to say, the last two forum mafias, I saw nothing but citizen as invest, so it's almost fitting they all used guns to kill citizens.
Night two, when I gave the gun to Zane, the thought came to me, that if he was jester or witch, that I would probaly end up fucking town over, but I dismissed it, the chances were slim.
Well at least Fred was good, even if he did kill a citizen.

MrSmarter
September 5th, 2011, 09:02 PM
Oh, and
GG

AscendedOne
September 5th, 2011, 09:15 PM
I can't open it, can someone else post the results of them in here?

AscendedOne
September 5th, 2011, 09:21 PM
Or pm them incase it isnt allow to post them.

FalseTruth
September 5th, 2011, 09:23 PM
I can't open it, can someone else post the results of them in here?

Did you download winrar?

Severn
September 5th, 2011, 09:23 PM
GG all.

AscendedOne
September 5th, 2011, 09:24 PM
Nah I'm lazy, had a trial winzip that ran out.

FalseTruth
September 5th, 2011, 09:26 PM
Nah I'm lazy, had a trial winzip that ran out.

Well its too complicated to post on here. Either you lose your laziness and dl winrar(takes 30 seconds) or you sit here waiting indefinitely for someone to write up all the night actions just for you.

CaressMeTenderly
September 5th, 2011, 09:28 PM
7zip dat shit.
homie.

AscendedOne
September 5th, 2011, 09:28 PM
I'm not sure what format you had on the actions taken, but cant they just copy and PM them to me?

Ganondorf
September 5th, 2011, 09:32 PM
MrSmarter, it isn't you: it's the role... just look at NorthStar's performance in FM II. I have decided that gunsmith is the most anti-town town role in the game and anyone who comes up as a gunsmith/mafioso should be shot....

AscendedOne
September 5th, 2011, 09:36 PM
Meh.... Town was awesome during the day part of game but completely floped during the night....

Yayap
September 5th, 2011, 09:42 PM
MrSmarter, it isn't you: it's the role... just look at NorthStar's performance in FM II. I have decided that gunsmith is the most anti-town town role in the game and anyone who comes up as a gunsmith/mafioso should be shot....

You can't use NorthStar to determine gunsmith alignment. He didn't even try. I mean look, he gave a gun to FalseTruth on the night he was sure to die.
The gunsmith is the hardest role to master. Decisions from the gunsmith effect the game for everyone. Even revealing ones self with a witch in play.

MrSmarter
September 5th, 2011, 09:43 PM
It COULD be good, if they get lucky, and there luck isn't like mine.

Ganondorf
September 5th, 2011, 09:47 PM
@Yayap: I thought NorthStar tried.... I was pretty sure the lack of posting was just his way of flying under the radar. Was FalseTruth a suspected cultist when he gave the gun to False? This all happened too long ago...

@MrSmarter: Boswer COULD kill Mario once and for all, if he got lucky, and Peach decided to betray Mario :P

MrSmarter
September 5th, 2011, 09:51 PM
@MrSmarter: Boswer COULD kill Mario once and for all, if he got lucky, and Peach decided to betray Mario :P
Wut?

FalseTruth
September 5th, 2011, 09:52 PM
I'm not sure what format you had on the actions taken, but cant they just copy and PM them to me?

Nope, you can't exactly c/p them because its in a chart format. That's how excel spreadsheets work...

Ganondorf
September 5th, 2011, 09:54 PM
Wut?

Facepalm... I meant Bowser ::) Sorry I just played a 70 minute League of Legends 3v3 and my brain is fried...

MrSmarter
September 5th, 2011, 09:55 PM
Wut?

Facepalm... I meant Bowser ::) Sorry I just played a 70 minute League of Legends 3v3 and my brain is fried...
WTF is a bowser?

AscendedOne
September 5th, 2011, 09:55 PM
I meant Bowser

NO, YOU MEAN BOSSWER.

Ganondorf
September 5th, 2011, 09:56 PM
Wut?

WTF is a bowser?

lolwut?

MrSmarter
September 5th, 2011, 09:57 PM
Wut?

WTF is a bowser?

lolwut?

I don't get it, which is not normal for me.

FalseTruth
September 5th, 2011, 09:59 PM
http://images.wikia.com/mario/images/d/dc/Normal_bowser.jpg
Sometimes google images is your best friend.

AscendedOne
September 5th, 2011, 09:59 PM
The creature known as Bosswer.

Mod Edit: EPIC FAIL SEE ABOVE

MrSmarter
September 5th, 2011, 10:01 PM
Oh, ok, and he is from.....

AscendedOne
September 5th, 2011, 10:03 PM
Nintendo's mario game long running series dating back to like 1988. (Random guess that should be close to the actual date)

AscendedOne
September 5th, 2011, 10:04 PM
The creature known as Bosswer.

How dare you mod edit my post, mine had better quality/pose.

AscendedOne
September 5th, 2011, 10:04 PM
Ops.... Can you remove that? I forgot you couldnt edit in here.....

CaressMeTenderly
September 5th, 2011, 10:14 PM
bowsers the name of my dog..
fukkers stop stalkin my
do
g

AscendedOne
September 5th, 2011, 10:15 PM
Must be one old dog to be alive since like 1988.

Goonswarm
September 5th, 2011, 10:16 PM
Crimson get the Herp Derp award for jailing someone who claimed doctor night 1, and after with no kills, decides to jail and execute northstar. DERP!

Ganondorf
September 5th, 2011, 10:18 PM
1) Mario is from 1980 (if you count Donkey Kong I believe that's the year) and the original Super Mario Bros. was released with the NES in 1985 along with Duck Hunt. Mario really began the modern gaming age: he is a household name even among casual gamers and anyone who doesn't know Mario should be burned at the stake.
2) Now I await the FM IV pm...

AscendedOne
September 5th, 2011, 10:19 PM
Crimson get the Herp Derp award for jailing someone who claimed doctor night 1, and after with no kills, decides to jail and execute northstar. DERP!

Heh, good point even if it's somewhat flawed.

FalseTruth
September 5th, 2011, 10:21 PM

...... Why didn't you tell me this when I asked you who deserves awards....

Illidan
September 5th, 2011, 10:23 PM
For Ascended and all the other lazy asses out there: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmCuFNxfSmRydDIxOWlDbS0xX2RGUUx4bUVVOVhtd FE

Thanks for finally ending the game and for the award :D GG everyone

FalseTruth
September 5th, 2011, 10:24 PM
For Ascended and all the other lazy asses out there: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmCuFNxfSmRydDIxOWlDbS0xX2RGUUx4bUVVOVhtd FE

Well played Illidan. Time to put this in the OP.

Yayap
September 5th, 2011, 10:28 PM
LMAO, everyone checked McPwnage the SAME night.

AscendedOne
September 5th, 2011, 10:29 PM
LMAO, everyone checked McPwnage the SAME night.

That was established on like day 4 or so. Although its funny how mcpwnage appeared to be so sucipicous to EVERYONE.

FalseTruth
September 5th, 2011, 10:31 PM
There was also a random night where almost everyone - including the consig - checked Crimson

I suppose FM players think alike? There were a lot of nuances in the night actions that Goon and I had a fun time discussing.

Ganondorf
September 5th, 2011, 10:37 PM
McPwnage and Crimson were suspicious because they had C's in their names... Zack/Zane (I can't remember which) ended up being right; they both were scum

AscendedOne
September 5th, 2011, 10:42 PM
The two targets I was debating for investigating that night were mcpwnage and mr smarter. I had doubted either one would be framed.

AscendedOne
September 5th, 2011, 10:43 PM

Thank you for enabling my laziness.

Rumpel1408
September 5th, 2011, 10:45 PM
GG all,
since I never expected to win I put much afford into my last will, therefore I don't want it to be lost:
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/8/26/abb19265-ff85-4af7-b6a1-09f79b4b29bb.jpg

Illidan
September 5th, 2011, 10:46 PM
LOL. Rumpel wins the award for the best lw of the game, hands down.

AscendedOne
September 5th, 2011, 10:47 PM
Hilarious there rumpel.

CaressMeTenderly
September 5th, 2011, 10:48 PM
Lol'd hard.

CaressMeTenderly
September 5th, 2011, 10:49 PM
p.s. Now everyone's going to use rage builder for their last will.

FalseTruth
September 5th, 2011, 10:50 PM
I told you guys Rumpel's last will was the best for a reason :D

AscendedOne
September 5th, 2011, 10:50 PM
His will's hilariousness is magnifed by the fact he actually won.

Yayap
September 5th, 2011, 10:53 PM
LOL on WIFOM night 1. double heal on Narks and Red still go for him. Not surprised that Claw got framed night 1 also. I wanted to check him night 1 but knew that he was a high frame target.

And yes, Best Last Will goes to Rumpel. LOL

AscendedOne
September 5th, 2011, 11:01 PM
"Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line"! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha...
[Vizzini stops suddenly, his smile frozen on his face and falls to the ground dead]

LOLOLOLOL you messed up falsetruth this quote is incorrect. I will now torture you while you try to think of what you got wrong and constantly watch the video. But there is indeed a mistake.

Rumpel1408
September 5th, 2011, 11:05 PM
But there is indeed a mistake.

I bet its the numbere of Ha xD

AscendedOne
September 5th, 2011, 11:06 PM
The hilarious part is your wrong.

FalseTruth
September 5th, 2011, 11:07 PM
I fixed the post. It's the word "in". btw I took this quote from IMDB so IMDB fails.

AscendedOne
September 5th, 2011, 11:09 PM
Whew, I relooked at the main post and saw the in there. And was wondering if I somehow missed it.

AscendedOne
September 5th, 2011, 11:09 PM
Would have been nice if that took you longer tho... Oh well.

Elixir
September 5th, 2011, 11:28 PM
Rofl at my award. Under the radar is on the radar. Will try to remember this going forward into FM 4.

AscendedOne
September 5th, 2011, 11:30 PM
GODDAMIT I need an award.....

chocopaw
September 6th, 2011, 02:08 AM
What a fitting end to a joke of a game. :D
bg no re

Raiden
September 6th, 2011, 02:55 AM
At last, the epilogue :D

I will quickly go through my usual best & worst list: as always, this is only my opinion and does not necessarily match the truth.

Preface: i hard a very hard time choosing the best players for this game. While Illidan was an obvious choice, and yayap seemed the most fit for the second place, spot 3 was extremely contested. No other player has been as impactful as the best players in the previous fms, so i had to give that place to the one i thought he has contributed the most to his team, while not being decisively important. Best team has been a difficult choice, too.

Best Players
1) Illidan: i know not everyone will agree with me, but his town play was the best. Not only he had astounding deductive skills, but he also had the guts to prevent bad guys from controlling the city, he leaded the town through the right path to victory - stopped only by the coalition of his enemies.

2) Yayap: his amazing deduction skills granted him clearvoyance on almost all the scums in this game, and, while as an alive player he couldn't do much to help town directly, his lists and his last wills were decisive in the long run. He will make for a wonderful target for a n1 kill in the next games :P

3) oops_ur_dead: while i usually hate codes and people who abuse them, oops is not really to blame. If anything, the mods are, but i completely understand their experiment in order to prevent cheating, and for that i hold no bad feelings. That being said, oops’s device was the best in its kind. It required more than half of the game to figure it out, and it let all red mafia chat freely in the light of the day. In addition, oops has been under the radar for most players and has been thought a townie until his code was cracked.

Honorable mentions: Claw played his best as a fake jester up to day 4. While being constantly in the spotlight, no one had the guts to kill him, whether at day or at night. After the mayor’s reveal, he had to give his way to Illidan, who spelled the final word for both mafias before being killed by the oranges.
Zack can be proud of his performance too, in my eyes. He has filled that niche between pseudotroll and obvious scum that i believe to be the best place for a witch. In the end he was killed only by vornksr’s mistake. He deserved to win with the sk, if that was possible.

Best Team
Tie between Town and Red Mafia. Town had both the best and the worst players of this game, and for that they had very small chances to win. Red mafia did somewhat good too, but they had internal struggles and they were outperformed by town’s best. I couldn’t give a unique award to anyone.

Worst Team
Cult. This instead was no hard decision at all. With the only excuse of being jailed first night, no member of the cult did anything actually useful to their team. The leader randomly recruited a citizen, who in turn couldn’t do much more than anyone else because of his citizen status. The jailor has been the second worst player in the game, and his contribution to the cult is consistent with it. Claw was the only one actually doing something useful, but his chances were next to none at that point.

Worst Players
1) Deolrin: first of all, i am sorry Deolrin, because i know you didn’t have enough time to keep up with the massive amount of stuff going on in this game. However, your performance is something that we’ll (hopefully) rarely see in the next editions of Forum Mafia. Not only you gave two vests to the janitor, but you even made yourself obvious by doing so. You did nothing useful for the town, and instead you damaged it.

2) Crimson: again an example of how a role should not be played. Part of the reason has been said by Goon: why the hell didn’t you jail monster again? I’m not saying you should have known he was cult leader, but… he claimed doctor, and next day there’s no sk kill? That alone should have triggered something in your mind. Instead you jailed NorthStar and executed him. He was a citizen. We might say he deserved it, but there were so many targets you could go for – if not monster – that you had to be blind not to get one of them. Unfortunately, you were.

3) severn: part of this i already explained in dead chat, but if you want to have fun – and attempt at winning – with amnesiac, you should take a role as early as you can, as long as there are no serious reasons not to do so. Day 2, only one player dead. A mason. There was possibly another mason in play. The town was in awesome shape up to that point, but instead you chose to wait. And wait. And wait. You didn’t even take the red GF, who would have saved your life – and you couldn’t know that reds would have fallen soon due to Illidan’s findings.

Honorable mentions: the doctors. Really, how could you not see that i was obviously town and i was crying for help because i was almost sure to die that night? Orange mafia saw it. Cult saw it. Red mafia at least got that i was a lone recruiting role. At least you made mafia waste a kill on Narks… whom has been targeted by you BOTH.
Then, I myself made a very poor choice when i went to recruit Zane. Not because i should have known he was the jester (he made only one post, how could i possibly know?), but because i refused to go for the claimed citizens, especially Auckmid. I apologize to you, and i apologize to all the town.
I would also like to write a little note about vornksr here: i know he had irl stuff to take care of, but as for everyone else, i can’t really take that into account. Everyone was expecting so much from you, and instead you smeared bad guy essence all over you since day 1. Lynching the witch was the final nail. I look forward to see you at your best in FM5 and later :).

The Hosts: overall, i think the double host experiment was a bit of a failure. Taken individually, both of them did good, but how many times were we forced to wait because one was online and the other was not? The 4-days delayed epilogue wasn’t much appreciated either, and although it’s mostly oops’s fault, it could have been planned better. Positive notes: dead chat was the best ever, the jailor role was wonderfully implemented, and i liked the new investigator mechanic.

Special "Unlucky" award: Zane. Even if it was the only (kinda) useful thing i did in this game, i feel bad for you. I completely ruined your FM experience by making you an unlynchable target since day 2. Sorry :P

Zane
September 6th, 2011, 03:05 AM
You can't ruin the game for the best player of the world. I ruined it for you obviously. You had no influence on me.

Zane
September 6th, 2011, 03:11 AM
And you can see:

All of your "best" players died.

I'm still alive. I'm happy. And Rumpel, who used the intelligence of all these great players to win.

Let him live, he will probably help us.

Deolrin
September 6th, 2011, 04:31 AM
I am well aware I was the worst player in the game, Raiden. :P
1st game, I died on first night and became disinterested in the game(stopped reading posts after a couple days).
2nd game I missed and didn't even bother checking.
3rd game I just failed miserably.
Hopefully 4th game will be better; Although I'm seriously scared by what Claw has said so far. No roles list and all that other jazz. Sounds like a game for mafia pros. D:

philie
September 6th, 2011, 05:17 AM
Deolrin isnt worst in my book, crimson and ascended did bigger mistakes

AscendedOne
September 6th, 2011, 05:23 AM
Naw, I made mistakes but they werent all that bad. Even if I had gotten darth lynched that day I doubt it would have made a huge end game difference as the mafia did end up killing mafia near the end whereas they wouldnt have tried to weaken eachother if we had succesfully lynched another person. I wasn't the best player but I was far from the worst.

philie
September 6th, 2011, 06:17 AM
Mafia only killed chocopaw
Rest was balancing done by the sk
Killing consig is a big hit and why trust jailer if you have a 100% mafia who acts like one
Ofc it isn't your fault crimson is an idiot but it still had a huge impact

AscendedOne
September 6th, 2011, 06:25 AM
Phillie, if crimson HAD been smart. We would have had a cult leader dead with no cultists. I retain that I made no major mistakes that wouldn't have been fixed by other town members.

AscendedOne
September 6th, 2011, 06:30 AM
I guess my play there was based entirely on the fact that jailor would make a good move. I figured it would be his last chance to make his impression.

AscendedOne
September 6th, 2011, 06:33 AM
Phillie, if crimson HAD been smart. We would have had a cult leader dead with no cultists. I retain that I made no major mistakes that wouldn't have been fixed by other town members.

I also retain that any mistakes I actually (Besides y'know the jailor thing) wouldn;t have had any impact on the actual gameplay.

CaressMeTenderly
September 6th, 2011, 07:10 AM
Lololololol, my trolling as a doctor didn't get as far as I hoped it would. Nobody actually shot divemaster, and what do you know, he ended up being the other doctor instead of scum. I healed Narks, him, and then Darth Sand, who incidentally wasn't shot again. :(

Yayap
September 6th, 2011, 07:40 AM
Towns Best Moment: The discovery of the Code by Illidan
Towns Worst Moment: Letting a known SK live.
Team MVP: Illidan - by day 3, no one was listning to him. Yet he managed to pick himself up and start connecting the dots. And got everyone to follow him.
Worst: Crimson - Bad descisions on jailing AND the slip on day 2.
(Even though Deolrin gave vests to Claw, I can't say he was part of the worst - Claw was playing very well and if you followed my reasoning was not acting suspicious until day 4)

Reds Best Moments: 1- Creation of the first cypher with the ... that Darth used.
2- Ignored each other during the day made them impossible to connect.
Reds Worst Moments: 1- Using the new coded system excessively and too much daytime communication lead to Illidan finding the code.
2- Claw trying to fake Jester after day 2.
3- Failed on WIFOM for night 1 kill.
Team MVP: Darth Sand - Even though she was pinned early on, she NEVER gave any hints who was on her team. And was a major role for red Team.
Worst: McPwnage - day3&4: What happened there bro? You were cleared by all detecting roles and still got caught.

Orange Team Best Moment: Killing off Yayap
Orange Team Worst Moment: Night time. The lack of trust between them. Feared the Cult.
Team MVP: Tough call, Philie - She slipped, but didn't give away the rest of her team.
Team Worst: I have to say Vornskr - The first to slip up and even lynched his last tread of hope=Zack.

Cult Best Moment: Surviving past night 1 in jail.
Cult Worst Moments: Random recruit n2 and looking anti-town the whole time.
Cult MVP: Miles - for being the hardest scum to find and realizing that Crimson could give Monster away at any time.
Cult Worst: Monster/Crimson

SK Best Moments: Being the #1 Priority target and not getting lynched
SK Worst Moment: Day 1 slip! leading to being blocked night 1.

Overall Worst Player: Zane - Yes, you were unlynchable day2.. but acting like a jester is the worst thing you could have done. You had 2 choices to make.
1- Act like the witch.
2- Pretend to be an important town Power Role who then becomes Cult.

Oh the Biggest BS said during the game award goes to:

Night VIII will end soon.

Thank you all for playing. And hope to see you later today in FM4.

AscendedOne
September 6th, 2011, 08:03 AM
Worst: McPwnage - day3&4: What happened there bro? You were

Lols, the very fact that ALL the investigative roles thought he was sucipicious kinda made him sucipicous to illidan I believe.

S.A.S.Cnl.Alpha
September 6th, 2011, 08:07 AM
I'm not sure which is worse, MrSmarter giving guns out that endlessly kill Citizens or Crimson jailing Cult Leader and then getting culted himself.

Oh and I want to note the endless METAPLAY ALWAYS LURKING STOP LURKING against me. I leave my computer on, deal with it.

vornksr
September 6th, 2011, 08:19 AM
Team Worst: I have to say Vornskr - The first to slip up and even lynched his last tread of hope=Zack.

I don't deny that I deserve this--really, I should be towards the top of the list of worst players overall. But everyone's so sure that voting to lynch Zack was such a mistake. I'm still not convinced that it was... there were still real townies left who had every reason to vote for him, so I had no hope of a no-lynch that day. On the next day, there was 1 confirmed lynch that would bring down the kpn (Rumpel), and if night had gone a little differently (a dead red mafia), there would have been 2 confirmed good lynches for the town, yet they sided with the other scum to take me out first. It was still possible for me to win without Zack, and I'm not convinced that he actually helped me any: he had every reason to side with the Sicilians before the Neapolitans.

vornksr
September 6th, 2011, 08:20 AM
*he actually would have helped me any (i.e. if he hadn't gotten lynched)

Yayap
September 6th, 2011, 09:15 AM
I'm very curious as to when Illidan started to piece things together (not the code stuff). He did seem clueless day2, even to me.

Zane
September 6th, 2011, 09:28 AM
Acting like a jester. LOL

Enjoy forum mafia 4.

monster
September 6th, 2011, 09:54 AM
Since everyone is giving some ridiculous awards I will give mine:

Best Player(s):

Rumpel: He fucking won the game - bow down before pure awesomeness. I see no special banner given to him and I am disapoint. Come back to me when you win a forum mafia game as detected serial killer from day2.

Crimson: He was so good he jailed the cult leader night1, then he understood I'm the cult leader from analyzing my posts and then decided to not kill me so he can join the cult and win. Yes - that is what happened. Only he didn't win, cos the cult leader sucked.

Yayap: He died. He figured out the game. In that order.

Narks: He managed to get himself attacked and double healed night1. And then he even offered himself as a day2 randomlynch. Talk about taking one for the team.

Procyon: Nobody knew he was even in the game until day5. Ninja is ninja.

Zack: While people were playing mafia, he was selling melons and raking in the big bucks. He made such a profit that he was going to retire to his private island.

Worst Player(s):

Raiden: He died night one, only super noobs die night1. It is known.

Claw: He disagreed with Illidan, disagreeing with Illidan is obvious anti-town.

monster: He made posts.

Severn
September 6th, 2011, 10:01 AM
Raiden: I have already explained my actions quite in depth and stand by them in terms of my chances of winning. Yes what I did was not fun but what I did also gave me the best chance to win WITH THE INFORMATION THAT I HAD. Even in retrospect picking Godfather probably would just have gotten me lynched by a culted Claw and only delayed my death.

I can't help it if one player overrides his entire team and decides I'm cult leader on a random suspicion with no real logic behind it. (to vorn, no I'm not bandwagoning on you as the worst player)

Was I a perfect player? No way in hell but I'm am no where even near the worst so I'm somewhat puzzled why I'm on your list for that. I would say this game that I performed better than average. Think about this. Yayap figured me as citizen but he had almost all the other non towns pinned down.

I think you really wanted me to take mason after you died and you allowed that color your judgment of my play.

philie
September 6th, 2011, 10:06 AM
Vorn wasnt worst from my PoV. He was the one to decide to kill yayap. He was the one to give directives to Inca killa which was 100% effective, he noticed raiden day 1, and many other great things.
My big fuckup was that i couldnt just shut up after 3 decent posts that made me look town to people.

McJesus
September 6th, 2011, 10:15 AM
finally, can't post much other than gg because I'm procrasinating from work I have to do by reading this but one thingyapyap was dead way too early to be mvp :p.

Darth Sand
September 6th, 2011, 10:30 AM
Why doesn't Rumpel get an award?
He didn't make any sophisticated posts, but he wasn't supposed to with his role. That he was blocked actually helped him to survive because he was perceived as less dangerous. And he frickin won the game... as Serial Killer!

And I know yayap figured out a lot, but didn't he die a little bit early to get mvp? :/ Especially since he didn't reveal his reasoning to town.

Who did Rumpel target when he was blocked btw?

Illidan
September 6th, 2011, 11:00 AM
I'm very curious as to when Illidan started to piece things together (not the code stuff). He did seem clueless day2, even to me.

I wasn't actually clueless as you may think, and I was very much surprised after reading your full reasoning. You seemed to be angry at me all the time, more than with everyone else, just because I was asking you for reasons and clarity while everyone else was either following you like a sheep or staying silent. You even waited for me to leave to post your philie accusation, and that's a bit sad tbh.
I was fishing for information like anyone else, but not in a dangerous way. My defending of ascended (that I believed was a town) and Zack (of which I wasn't sure) were just me doing that. Thanks to that, among other things, I pegged monster as red mafia, and while I was wrong he proved to be an evil role nontheless. My vote for Claw was one of these tries too: his post after my vote led me to believe he was jester actually, but even from day 1 I was pretty sure he wasn't a townie.

You see, you actually spent a load of time trying to understand others, but you didn't put a lot of effort at predicting what the others were thinking of you. In fact this got you killed without a heal/vest/anything else.

As a non-power role (at least at night), all I had was day chat. And I didn't wanted bad guys like Claw take over it and get all the goodies (vests/guns/heals) while random lynching townies and throwing random shit everywhere.
Due to your playstyle and cryptic messages, you were just one of these guys in my eyes. You put a LOT of confusion in the town minds with your posts, and while after much reading your reasoning started to seem right, you can't just pretend everyone will follow you without explaining anything. What if you were another of these bad guys? Yes, we would have been fucked. Like we would have been following Claw nonsense bandwagons.

After you flipped sheriff I began to read the day chat under another eye, a much more depth analysis that eventually got me to accuse McPwnage of being the cult leader. Obviously I was very wrong due to my assumptions on monster and other players, but lynching the red GF wasn't that bad either. If I had lynched another target, even with the code discovery I could not be sure of the red GF as he never posted with it.

Then after I discovered the code stuff the reasoning needed to piece everything together was really simple, so everything else is obvious.

Important note: I don't think you did played bad. I just didn't like your playstyle and I think you could do way more for town by staying alive, but that's a completely personal opinion and is in no way directly connected with your performance within the game.

TL;DR - Answer to your question: during day3 and night3, but I had many of the final ideas from day2 already.

FM4 will be fun with the closed setup, it takes another whole level of reasoning. I hope to get a night power role this time around, so I can actually do something in that long nights alone :D

Illidan
September 6th, 2011, 11:02 AM

Monster. See the doc posted by false here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmCuFNxfSmRydDIxOWlDbS0xX2RGUUx4bUVVOVhtd FE

Rumpel1408
September 6th, 2011, 11:02 AM
targeted the cl (not knowingly ofc) what helped me allot on the long run

and althou it was the dumbness of all the other players that made me win, I also kept a perfect balance between all factions for like 2 or 3 days

Darth Sand
September 6th, 2011, 11:04 AM

Monster. See the doc posted by false here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmCuFNxfSmRydDIxOWlDbS0xX2RGUUx4bUVVOVhtd FE

So his block helped him even more, he wouldn't have survived without the cult leader :o

FalseTruth
September 6th, 2011, 11:07 AM
The block essentially accomplished nothing because the jailor grants night immunity.

Raiden
September 6th, 2011, 11:09 AM
I am well aware I was the worst player in the game, Raiden. :P
1st game, I died on first night and became disinterested in the game(stopped reading posts after a couple days).
2nd game I missed and didn't even bother checking.
3rd game I just failed miserably.
Hopefully 4th game will be better; Although I'm seriously scared by what Claw has said so far. No roles list and all that other jazz. Sounds like a game for mafia pros. D:

I was only referring to this game deo :P i actually like you as a player, this was an exception due to the excessive amount of players and stuff to keep up to. I am 100% sure you can and will do better.

Also, the reason why Crimson isn't the first from the bottom is that he was more like useless than damaging. He wasn't such an extremely important role as deolrin was and, while he killed a citizen, deolrin contributed saving a bad guy which is worse in my book. The fact that some of you consider Claw's playing as pro-town is also discriminant in deolrin's judgement.

As for Ascended, i agree with him that his mistakes were not that impactful. He investigated a mafia, that's a +. He stands in the middle and we're both happy about that.

@Severn: you did explain your reasons, but i don't agree with them. Town was in perfect shape, was in bad need of a mason, and could definitely have won with your help. I am not blaming you for the town loss, if that was the case i would cast all the bad guys on the worst players list because they didn't let me win. I just don't agree on your way to play the amnesiac. I would have taken the mason first, the framer the night after, and red gf the night after that. I would definitely not have waited that long. Keep in mind tho, this is only my opinion and you as well as everyone else have all rights to disagree with it. It's there because i enjoy doing it and i hope someone will learn something from it, thus increasing the overall level of fm players.

monster
September 6th, 2011, 11:12 AM
lol Rumpel I recruited you and led you to awesome mason glory in FM2 and then at the start of FM3 you go and kill me of all people. u cutthroat bitch.

fred
September 6th, 2011, 11:14 AM
Mediocre me is mediocre.

Kinda sad when a known role from the basically first day wins the game, yes? :P Mediocre game. Wonder what the next one brings.

Rumpel1408
September 6th, 2011, 11:26 AM
lol Rumpel I recruited you and led you to awesome mason glory in FM2 and then at the start of FM3 you go and kill me of all people. u cutthroat bitch.

Actually I realized that my doc claim was pretty much stupid, and I indeed thought that there might be the chance that only a few noticed it at all and I hope to make my mistake undone by killing the few that noticed it for sure, and night one these were only you who wrote invisible himself and deolrin who clearly respond to my mistake but still with the chance that he did only see the post where i messed up the colours

monster
September 6th, 2011, 11:37 AM
Haha, I will say this one more time - I didn't see your doctor claim - hence my confusion day2. I only saw your post where you typed with a color that was slightly off so it was barely visible. But OK I understand that you did have a valid reason. :)

Auckmid
September 6th, 2011, 12:22 PM
I'm not going to lie, I'm pissed that the gunsmith gave a gun to the Jester, and the Jester shot me.

@Zane; Did you decide to shoot me because you thought I was Investigator?

Severn
September 6th, 2011, 12:46 PM
I would assume he shot you so that the gunsmith would think he was scum and should be lynched.

Zane
September 6th, 2011, 12:46 PM
No. For the afro.

S.A.S.Cnl.Alpha
September 6th, 2011, 12:59 PM
Auckmid, Smarter's half-credited with killing most of the town

Auckmid
September 6th, 2011, 05:15 PM
Auckmid, Smarter's half-credited with killing most of the town

Yeah, because of the previous games, I feel that next game there should be a Vigilante instead of a Gunsmith.

Auckmid
September 6th, 2011, 05:29 PM
Then, I myself made a very poor choice when i went to recruit Zane. Not because i should have known he was the jester (he made only one post, how could i possibly know?), but because i refused to go for the claimed citizens, especially Auckmid. I apologize to you, and i apologize to all the town.
I would also like to write a little note about vornksr here: i know he had irl stuff to take care of, but as for everyone else, i can’t really take that into account. Everyone was expecting so much from you, and instead you smeared bad guy essence all over you since day 1. Lynching the witch was the final nail. I look forward to see you at your best in FM5 and later :).I don't think that not choosing me night 1 was that bad a move, maybe just unlucky. I'd only made 1 comment that hinted I was actually citizen, and I tryed to make it subtle, so not thinking I was citizen wasn't that much of a mistake :)

Looking back, I'm realy mad with myself for not seeing that Oops and Claw were alligned until after I was dead. I'm not mad at myself for orignaly thinking Oops was Town, but I should have seen Claw trying to make Oops confirmed town and pick up on it :(

Crimson
September 6th, 2011, 05:34 PM
Man, this nerdy ass world of warcraft killed the experience for me.

I don't know shit about that stupid ass game and don't want to.

Crimson
September 6th, 2011, 05:34 PM
World of Warcraft Theme

Clawtrocity
September 6th, 2011, 05:35 PM
...You don't need to read the story to play the game.

@Auckmid I tried to discredit Oops after that thing you did. I never once tried to confirm him as town.

Elixir
September 8th, 2011, 04:33 AM
http://comforummafia.co.cc/index.php for guests who want to keep up on the Action, FM 4 is taking place here.

AscendedOne
September 11th, 2011, 11:35 PM
Lock thread?

FalseTruth
September 12th, 2011, 05:14 PM
Forum Mafia 5 Incoming!