PDA

View Full Version : Show Random Role possbilities in-game?

Dr. Cheis
July 1st, 2013, 11:32 AM
Scenarios in which this would have been helpful:
* I open the roles list, see "Random Any." I'm trying to lie my ass off and claim to be lookout. The host whose save it is goes "LOL RANDOM ANY EXCLUDES TOWN! GUILTY!"
* There's are 2 Doctors in the Graveyard. One Doctor role, one town Protective role, one Town Core Role. The guy in the stand is claiming to be a doctor, but I don't remember if doctor is considered "Town Core." There seems to be a 50/50 split in chat as to whether or not this is the case.
* I suspect my target is a Jestor or Arsonist, but I don't know if Neutral Any excludes killing roles.
* Maybe I just don't know what Town Power is supposed to be.

The solution in many of these situations is to either memorize the setup options (if the host even showed them before starting the game), or to check the Mafia website. Which can mean a slow alt tab out of the game, searching for the link, and missing out on the action. I say just put in the help menu a description of what these categories are, next to the random options. OR, make it so when you mouse over a role (such as Mafia Support) it shows a list of all the possible roles that can be.

deathworlds
July 1st, 2013, 11:45 AM
You could scroll over a role (those cards you see at the top of your screen) and see what randoms they would be included in.

kyle1234513
July 1st, 2013, 12:18 PM
alternatively if you read the help menu all the same stuff is also there, just in one list as opposed to many.

Mugy
July 1st, 2013, 05:57 PM
Scenarios in which this would have been helpful:
* I open the roles list, see "Random Any." I'm trying to lie my ass off and claim to be lookout. The host whose save it is goes "LOL RANDOM ANY EXCLUDES TOWN! GUILTY!"
* There's are 2 Doctors in the Graveyard. One Doctor role, one town Protective role, one Town Core Role. The guy in the stand is claiming to be a doctor, but I don't remember if doctor is considered "Town Core." There seems to be a 50/50 split in chat as to whether or not this is the case.
* I suspect my target is a Jestor or Arsonist, but I don't know if Neutral Any excludes killing roles.
* Maybe I just don't know what Town Power is supposed to be.

The solution in many of these situations is to either memorize the setup options (if the host even showed them before starting the game), or to check the Mafia website. Which can mean a slow alt tab out of the game, searching for the link, and missing out on the action. I say just put in the help menu a description of what these categories are, next to the random options. OR, make it so when you mouse over a role (such as Mafia Support) it shows a list of all the possible roles that can be.
Mousing over the roles list will give you the options list, stuff like random any "excludes town" shows up there.

kyle1234513
July 1st, 2013, 08:29 PM
Mousing over the roles list will give you the options list, stuff like random any "excludes town" shows up there.

unfortunately with a wide variety of roles possible and all the options, I find the list gets cut off and you lose about 5-10% of necessary info....
like citizen excluded from town random..... (just wont be visible, its off the screen)

Mugy
July 1st, 2013, 09:51 PM
unfortunately with a wide variety of roles possible and all the options, I find the list gets cut off and you lose about 5-10% of necessary info....
like citizen excluded from town random..... (just wont be visible, its off the screen)

Only the bottom goes off screen though, all the random spawn options are at the top.

Kirdaiht
July 2nd, 2013, 10:30 AM
The entire list of options is always visible in the "Help" menu.

eezstreet
July 2nd, 2013, 11:06 AM
I support this notion.

Dr. Cheis
July 3rd, 2013, 02:14 PM
So if I understand this right, if I look in "Help" and the Roles List I'll be able to see options like "Random Any: Excludes Town", but I have to look at the role card for "Crier" to see if the option "Excluded from Randoms" is selected (and for similar roles). I guess that kind of makes sense.

You could scroll over a role (those cards you see at the top of your screen) and see what randoms they would be included in.

Not a bad idea. I like this. I would also like if in the Help Menu, where it describes Roles if it also just would tell you what constitutes Town Core, Town Power, etc. I think maybe it used to do this? But I haven't seen it recently.

Psychidryne
July 7th, 2013, 08:03 AM
I also support this because mousing over the top seems to be broken in my game.. it hasn't worked it a month or two for me.