PDA

View Full Version : Could we get a Last Will button? For the win?

syren69
June 25th, 2013, 04:32 AM
Hey.

I say put in a Last Will button, with a description explaining its purpose. I have had way too many sheriffs fail to use it. New players don't even know about - how would they discover it in the first place? They need to read the help, or rely on chat. Point being, games hang on the use of it and it should be given more attention.

How about allowing players to customize the user interface in the first place?

Thanks.

Dagaen
June 25th, 2013, 04:41 AM
+1

Apache
June 25th, 2013, 05:10 AM
i'm in favor of a lw button
a third line would be nice too. because sometimes the 2 lines aren't enough for example when i'm spy

Raptorblaze
June 25th, 2013, 05:14 AM
I seem to remember DR saying there wasn't room in the UI for a LW button, but the discussion was so long ago I'm not sure.

Cryptonic
June 25th, 2013, 06:50 AM
I seem to remember DR saying there wasn't room in the UI for a LW button, but the discussion was so long ago I'm not sure.

Confirming this. It's been brought up twice and both times it was deemed that it would be too difficult/time consuming when you can already just do "-lw"

syren69
June 25th, 2013, 07:45 AM
Confirming this. It's been brought up twice and both times it was deemed that it would be too difficult/time consuming when you can already just do "-lw"

Yea, the problem with this though is that players don't know its available. Plus, its time consuming having to type that in all the time, and with short nights or discussion times, time is precious. I remember in undead assault, players had to type in every single command, but now there is a button to click for each of them that saves time and allows new players to experiment.

Dr.Pr.Mr. Jr.
June 25th, 2013, 10:45 AM
Maybe, in game, send a notice to those who haven't written a last will on (For example) Night 3 or something like that?

Cryptonic
June 25th, 2013, 10:50 AM
Yea, the problem with this though is that players don't know its available. Plus, its time consuming having to type that in all the time, and with short nights or discussion times, time is precious. I remember in undead assault, players had to type in every single command, but now there is a button to click for each of them that saves time and allows new players to experiment.

It will take time for new players to get used to the game. If they really have questions, they can visit the website. Also, new players see a lastwill and they will ask ppl in the game how to make one. I think the problem is newer players REMEMBERING to put a lastwill, not that they don't know how. People know last will is available because they see other players leaving a lastwill. If you're specifically talking about brand new players, they need to learn a lot more important stuff than leaving a last will.

Also, a small rant: You say your 0.2 seconds to type "-lw" is time consuming, but don't think coding in a button into the UI is consuming? Or, do you only care about your time? lol

Maybe, in game, send a notice to those who haven't written a last will on (For example) Night 3 or something like that?

This would be a much easier solution. Or even to have a line of text at the start of day 1 / night 1 appear, saying something like "Type "-lw" to leave a lastwill."

Sen
June 25th, 2013, 12:10 PM

+1 to this.

Another option would be to show a message explaining how to use the lw to all new players. That could be achieved by checking number of games played and displaying the message to those with less than N (10 would be a good number).

syren69
June 26th, 2013, 07:02 AM
This would be a much easier solution. Or even to have a line of text at the start of day 1 / night 1 appear, saying something like "Type "-lw" to leave a lastwill."

+1. I think this is a good idea, I would still like to have a button though.

Raptorblaze
June 26th, 2013, 11:46 AM
I find the message to be a reasonable solution.

syren69
June 27th, 2013, 08:57 AM
So if people here like the idea, how do I formally propose it so that it is released in an update?

Thanks.

Raptorblaze
June 27th, 2013, 09:44 PM
The message notifying people about -lw n1 has been implemented. Closing thread.