PDA

View Full Version : Best Play

TheDarkestLight
June 22nd, 2013, 11:19 AM
What role do you think you play best as? Just because it isn't your favorite doesn't mean it isn't your best. Give a reason why.

Mine: Mass Murderer
Why: I once made a long ass post as to how to play Mass Murderer in the past. It is still quite legit. I don't think I have ever lost a game as MM -apart from in the Mafia Cup where I got Sheriff'd N1-. I can easily tell who people are going to visit and it allows for maximum murder. :) Mayor reveals? Oh I'm on him. Got a PR who outed a scum? On him. Got a guy that people say should be investigated? On him. Guy who named himself Justin Bieber? Why wouldn't I be on him? Crier giving out orders at night? Ez mode.

kyle1234513
June 22nd, 2013, 11:43 AM
jester- its a free pass to troll all you want. in addition its a free win so long as you don't die night 1. its super easy to win as jester. its just free points.

Poriomania
June 22nd, 2013, 11:46 AM
jester- its a free pass to troll all you want. in addition its a free win so long as you don't die night 1. its super easy to win as jester. its just free points.

Really? I've found it extremely difficult to win as Jester.

My best wins come from anti-town neutral roles. I'm extremely strong as SK and I have been able to bargain my way out of a lynch as Arsonist.

In one game as cult, the town didn't even suspect a cult until... one non-cult person was alive? I won Divine Guidance.

EDIT: TDL, do you still have your guide how to win as MM? I welcome any attempt to improve my play.

Slaol
June 22nd, 2013, 11:49 AM
Investigator- like 99% win rate
Consigliere- my top 2 proudest games were Consigliere
Survivor- I logic the hell out of the game and easy mode screw up evils

Mateo
June 22nd, 2013, 11:55 AM
mine: mayor
why: several epic games, such as mayor/jester/sk/gf tie, promised to let sk win if he revealed the gf, lynched gf then reversed and lynched sk next day. or this speaks for itself

Dagaen
June 22nd, 2013, 11:59 AM
Citizen, Mayor, Crier - basically all meatshield roles. This helps me lead the town while not caring about dying.

Anguss
June 22nd, 2013, 12:14 PM
Jester... Town seems to always want to lynch me for being trolly every game anyways... and its basically an auto-lynch when you claim an impossible role or defend the mafia by calling a sheriff an executioner.

MrMostache
June 22nd, 2013, 12:24 PM
I think Bodyguard should be the role that everyone would be best at, because it's very easy to fulfil your purpose.

TheDarkestLight
June 22nd, 2013, 12:25 PM
Really? I've found it extremely difficult to win as Jester.

My best wins come from anti-town neutral roles. I'm extremely strong as SK and I have been able to bargain my way out of a lynch as Arsonist.

In one game as cult, the town didn't even suspect a cult until... one non-cult person was alive? I won Divine Guidance.

EDIT: TDL, do you still have your guide how to win as MM? I welcome any attempt to improve my play.

Copy pasted directly from where I posted it originally. It talks about finding patterns and how to determine who is going to do what. If any part of it confuses you then ask me. It also can apply to being a protective role in certain cases... Remember this guide isn't 100%, because you can't get it every time...

If you don't do anything, thats kind of sad. MM can either have the highest, or lowest KPN in the game. If a Mayor reveals on D1 for example. He is an obvious target as you will massacre all the Docs and Lookouts. If an investigative role reveals himself and asks for a Doc, you choose him. BG makes it slightly tricky however.

If the Town suspects you, you might think to target yourself, this will only work if other people they suspected had an MM on them because if all of the sudden an MM kills everyone who targets you they will suspect it is you, yet if an MM killed everyone who targetted a few people before you, and then you, they will think the MM is on suspicious people. Turning yourself into a Veteran that can't kill night immune is a bad idea, which is done by spreeing yourself.

Just target suspicious people, and powerful roles who will have protective roles on them, and you can win. Yet for N1 choice, your best bet is either 1, 5-10, or 15. People normally tend to target these people most N1 because they are on more 'convenient' parts of the list, which means they are at the middle, top, or bottom, people don't tend to go inbetween N1, it is possible, but not overly common. Also, long, colorful, and flashy names are an obvious. If a person is both 1 and a color name, people will flock to him, which makes him an obvious choice.

Also sometimes people may work in a list without them knowing. If the GF died N1 and a Mafioso replaced him, the GF/SK isn't invul, or there never was a GF and it was a Mafioso already, he can be easy to track down. Many times have I been a BG/Doc/MM and saved people from killing roles, or killed another killing role. If a non-immune kill role other than another MM or Arson targets 12, he will either continue up the list, or go to the opposite end. When I say opposite end its like this, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15. The two red numbers are on opposite ends of the list. Peoples brains will make that decision, without the person actually knowing who he is picking. However, this only works if the target from the kill role is going to be random, if there are other decisions that kill role has to make, he will usually not follow this, like an investigative role is revealed and there are no protective roles left, hes going after the investigative role instead of the opposite end.

Most people leave a pattern when they kill randomly without themselves knowing. And even when they eliminate a person outside the pattern for a specific reason they will normally go back to the pattern. Consiglieres will make patterns non-existant in the way that he will reveal roles that the Mafia specifically want dead. This also goes with Vigilantes and SKs, and on rare occasion Jailors, so you can guess you are going to get jailed before you are, telling your Mafia if you have a Disguiser to disguise the next night.

People also tend to go for the brighter colors -other than red- like Yellow, Teal, Orange, Pink, Light Pink and Light Green because they appeal to them the most
-unless as I said before they have a second thought in their heads-.

Mafia is a mind game, people will think they are randoming things, yet it call comes down to patterns. So this might help you as MM/Doc/BG and sometimes even Vet so you can guess when to Alert if you have limited charges.

This isn't guaranteed to work, everyone thinks differently, even the brainless pubbies, and remember, Consiglieres remove all patterns from Mafia kills, yet you might be able to find a pattern in the Consiglieres path if you are lucky, yet it is difficult since you can't know for sure who he targets other than who dies the night after. It takes about 2-3 kills for you to discover the pattern, on N1 and N2, focus on the bright, flashy, long names, unless someone reveals themselves
D1 or D2.

Deantwo
June 22nd, 2013, 01:07 PM
Jailor - i remember a really good game as Jailor... i jailed someone early on and said i was pink even thought i was not... then later in the game it was me, him and another townie... the guy was acting weird and i knew there had been a Disguiser kill... so i jailed him again and asked him what color i had said i was before... he didn't know so i killed him... win!

Fubby
June 25th, 2013, 03:39 PM
I dunno. Probably spy for me. I am pretty good at finding out info based on small clues the mafia drop in their chat.

Damus_Graves
June 25th, 2013, 03:58 PM
Coroner.

Not only is this the most perfectly balanced role, aside from citizen, in the game today but it is also the most hardest investigation role to play as. I like the challenge.

Sen
June 25th, 2013, 07:50 PM
Cit.

powerofdeath
June 25th, 2013, 08:03 PM
Arsonist
Reveal day 1
Day 2 reveal who you doused
Day 3 reveal who you doused
Etc
When you go on trial, claim arson again, and reveal all who you doused
At the end, just take out a match, light it, and throw it on the ground

People shouldve believed you.
Bad strategy if victim knows they are doused and all benign are dead

Lazers
June 27th, 2013, 06:13 AM
Mayor because every time I'm mayor I initiate a lynchfest and usually root out scum pretty easily

They never see the lynch train coming and it's painfully obvious

I also like disguiser and spy; I've done some neat shit as spy where I've found Mafia based on typing style

deathworlds
July 1st, 2013, 11:42 AM
I work best in any roles of leadership really.
Mason leader, godfather, mayor/marshal. Yeah.