PDA

View Full Version : Role Suggestion, Neutral, Necromancer/Zombies

Shadowstrike2
June 19th, 2013, 05:37 AM
This is a neutral evil role. No Cult relation.

Necromancer:

Abilities
Kill a player and make them a zombie.
Resurrect a player after they would have been killed by someone else in the same night.

Control who your zombie votes for during daylight hours.

Can speak to zombies at night.

Zombie:
Loses all abilites formerly possessed.

Can hear necromancer but unable to respond.
Does not know who other zombies are unless told by necromancer.

Can have votes forced by necromancer to whoever they wish but unless forced can behave freely and vote for whoever they want.

Role Options:
Limited to 1 zombie creations.
Limited to 2 zombie creations.
Can control Zombie votes

Zombie options:
Zombies decay automatically and die after 2 days.
Zombies decay automatically and die after 3 days.

Other role interactions:
If a witch tries to control a zombie the zombie is destroyed and the witch learns the identity of the necromancer.
If a witchdoctor tries to save a zombie, the necromancer loses control and the zombie becomes cult, decay still applies if option is turned on.
Mayor loses extra votes when zombified.

Any thoughts?

Cryptonic
June 19th, 2013, 06:22 AM
Seems like a Cultist + WD Hybrid where the Cults just die after a few days.
How would they control the Zombie votes? Would they all just vote the same person? If this is the case, what's the point of a Zombie even staying in the game? They are 100% going to die, no night action, can't even vote for themselves.. seems like it'd suck to be a Zombie.

Also, I don't understand why a Witch would discover who the Necromancer is when controlling a Zombie.

What's its win condition?

Shadowstrike2
June 19th, 2013, 06:46 AM
i'm still marinating this idea. I'll get back to you after some sleep.

yzb25
June 19th, 2013, 07:45 AM
This sounds really intriguing, and I actually think it's original enough to stand apart from being a cult, but the thing about resurrecting dead players, I don't think that function would work because if a dude is dead for 4 days and then suddenly returns and can vote again it'd be kinda obvious to the town he's a zombie :3. I think he should only be able to kill living players and turn them into zombies. I also don't like the idea of the decay thing, I think you should have a set number of max zombies (say 2 or 3) that don't decay but when they die they die for good.

What about when a guy returns as a zombie, the original owner of the avatar doesn't return, like if 4 becomes a zombie the person who played as 4 originally can't do anything and is pretty much dead. Because this whole semi-dead thing where they can talk to the necromancer and have semi-control over who they vote but can't use night abilities, it sounds like it'd be boring.

What about a -c command that allows them to control a guy during the day? Like you type -c 4 (who is one of your zombie minions) and then you kinda "switch to his pov" and anything you enter into chat will come out as him saying it and when you click to vote it will come up as him voting. Then you can type -c again to break out of the control.

And also, the zombies can use the ability of a dead person at night. E.g., if an investigator died n1, then you can command one of your zombies at night to investigate someone. And if a doctor died n2, you can command one of your zombies to heal someone, even yourself or another zombie.

Cryptonic
June 19th, 2013, 08:06 AM
He can't bring someone back from the dead. If the player is attacked the same night, and he targets the person who is attacked, it becomes a Zombie (like WD healing and becoming Cultist):

Resurrect a player after they would have been killed by someone else in the same night.

Also, without the decay, this role is exactly the same as the Cult.

What about a -c command that allows them to control a guy during the day? Like you type -c 4 (who is one of your zombie minions) and then you kinda "switch to his pov" and anything you enter into chat will come out as him saying it and when you click to vote it will come up as him voting. Then you can type -c again to break out of the control.

Is this saying that the people who become Zombies don't win with Zombies? If they don't, everyone will notice if that person leaves the game and the Zombie is still around. If they do, people will hate to play as a role where someone else talks and votes for them.

kyle1234513
June 19th, 2013, 08:30 AM
i would rather have a straight up zombie role, goal is to spread to all, and town wants to be rid of the zombies. (no mafia or other neutrals in the mix)

Anguss
June 19th, 2013, 10:53 AM
Wasn't this already suggested a couple of times in the past?

yzb25
June 24th, 2013, 09:25 AM
If that's the case, then necromancer has an extremely hard time spreading zombies. WD struggles so much already to convert because doctors generally rarely save but rather ensure the important roles never die. A smart killing will never try to kill a confirmed investigative unless he is in the background.
The role isn't the exact same as cult, because rather than an aspect of you fighting for another side, it's closer to the disguiser aspect of dying but people think you're alive.
The main problem to me seems to be how would you deal with people leaving. When a zombified dude leaves, what will it say? Because that person's not supposed to be able to die. If this role is added, the leaving message will have to be made more vague e.g. "A soul has departed". And then only dead people can see who exactly has departed.

Lazers
June 27th, 2013, 09:07 AM
Honestly I want to like the idea of a necromancer role, but as crypt said it's just too damn similar to Cult

Cryptonic
June 27th, 2013, 09:11 AM
Honestly I want to like the idea of a necromancer role, but as crypt said it's just too damn similar to Cult

A good Necromancer would be a Witch that uses dead people. It would make them immune to Lookout but suseptible to Detective. I think that's a well balanced trade-off.

Mateo
June 27th, 2013, 05:13 PM
this idea is so old it's stale