PDA

View Full Version : Theme Ideas

Clawtrocity
September 2nd, 2011, 10:28 PM
Theme ideas for FM4.

Elixir has some good ones for FM5, but I want a players opinion on some different ideas.

I like the warcraft and starcraft ideas and can build around them to make them work in this type of game.

Any other themes you want that the majority of the playerbase would recognize and be interested in.

No offense, but this doesn't mean random anime's, books, comics, TV shows, movies, or games. This is either historic times, games like starcraft that we obviously all play, or movies that we all know about and know most of the characters for.

There will be 1 mafia with a decently high amount of players along with a bunch of town and a handful of neutrals.

The limit will be 35 players.
Names will be randomized. (Still don't know where we are playing it)

Just looking for some ideas. Poll will come after I get a couple good ones.

CaressMeTenderly
September 2nd, 2011, 10:54 PM
WW1 Theme, yo.
People being different nations and shit.

AscendedOne
September 2nd, 2011, 11:19 PM
Infamous 2 ftw.....
Dungeons and dragons (lols I dont actually play it)
Medivial themed against demons, mythological creatures or opposing religions.
Egyptian? Always kinda liked Egyption stuff in games.....
Star wars
Lord of the rings
Harry potter
Mass Effect (personally haven't played it but word gets around that its good)
Norse? I personally don't have a good amount of knowledge of norse mythology, but could be cool.

Deolrin
September 3rd, 2011, 12:17 AM
Go go WC3 idea.
I have a story and roles in Death Chat. :3

Illidan
September 3rd, 2011, 12:18 AM
Go go WC3 idea.

I approve this message.

AscendedOne
September 3rd, 2011, 12:43 AM
Go go WC3 idea.

I approve this message.

I disapprove this message. GOGO Infamous 2.....

FalseTruth
September 3rd, 2011, 01:55 AM
Any book/movie/video game with a rich story should be fine. Make sure you leave room to mess with the story to fit with night events.

I personally suggest using a book because there's just so much more material you can draw upon.

One problem you have to consider is how familiar everyone is with the story. Use your best judgement.

philie
September 3rd, 2011, 03:30 AM
I never played infamous and wasn't it elixirs idea for the next one he hosts?
Game of thrones has a fantastic base for mafia but I'm afraid not everyone had seen or read ot

Raiden
September 3rd, 2011, 04:17 AM
Any historic is fine to me.

Games respond to different tastes, so what could be cool for me might be shit for others.

Zack
September 3rd, 2011, 04:29 AM
When it comes to books there's a great diversity... The book with the highest probability to have been read by most people here is Harry Potter, lol, and thats not a good choice.

Book series I would choose: The Song of the Lioness by Tamora Pierce, along with its sequels: The Immortals, Protector and Daughter of the Lioness. There's alot to go on in these ;)

To anyone who prefers heroines over heroes, I recommend those books. Not much chance of many people here to have read them though is there...

Ganondorf
September 3rd, 2011, 08:11 AM
For the record, I don't care if I have or haven't read/seen/played the book/movie/game in question. If the storyline meshes well with forum mafia, I'm happy with anything.

Clawtrocity
September 3rd, 2011, 09:06 AM
Alright, the more I think about it the more ideas I get for a Warcraft themed one.

Unless a bunch of people have a hatred for WoW/Warcraft then I might change it.

Mafia = Burning Legion
Town = Denizens of Azeroth
Neutrals = Random people that fit the role. (Ragnaros=Arsonist)

I'll be making a role list soon that lists all the possible roles so players can familiarize themselves with less common roles such as the ones listed in FalseTruth's interesting role catalog.

S.A.S.Cnl.Alpha
September 3rd, 2011, 04:16 PM
I really don't see how it makes any sense to have a DIFFERENT PLANET nonetheless species to not completely STICK OUT.

Elixir
September 3rd, 2011, 07:18 PM
(Ragnaros=Arsonist)

[imghttp://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2011/february/ragnaros2.jpg[/img]

DW GUYS I AM TOWN. WOULD RAGNAROS HAVE LEGS?

Elixir
September 3rd, 2011, 07:19 PM
http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2011/february/ragnaros2.jpg

Yay for no edit in dead chat.

AscendedOne
September 3rd, 2011, 07:20 PM
Oooo.... This gives me ideas.....

http://www.thedailyblink.com/2011/02/this-ideas-got-legs/

Deolrin
September 3rd, 2011, 09:28 PM
Yes, a WoW one would be TERRIBLE. D:
How would a demon hide behind a bunch of humans, not to mention a firelord? xP

AscendedOne
September 3rd, 2011, 09:46 PM
...... You know how many times the "illusion" card has been played in world of warcraft?

philie
September 4th, 2011, 03:30 AM
bring alextrasza from wow to be a doctor. she's so awesome.

Clawtrocity
September 4th, 2011, 08:28 AM
SAS, I've already figured all that out. God damn ya damn negative bastard.

S.A.S.Cnl.Alpha
September 4th, 2011, 09:46 AM
It's not eeeaaaaasy being greeeeeeeen

Should maybe expand historic settings. It's pretty broad.

also fucking lol prehistoric oh god what

Clawtrocity
September 4th, 2011, 11:57 AM
I suggested a Nazi theme to oops and of course he was all for it, but I thought it might be offensive.

We went with warcraft because I had a method of making it seem semi realistic with a storyline that worked well. It's based in the future of warcraft by about 25 years or so.

Prehistoric was just going to be cavemen or something. With random dinosaurs as neutrals and shit. None of it made sense logically, but it felt right.

FalseTruth
September 4th, 2011, 12:00 PM
WHAT? THATS UR REASON FOR NOT USING A NAZI THEME?

>:(

Clawtrocity
September 4th, 2011, 12:10 PM
Well and the more I thought about it the more this warcraft RP worked. Nazi is a great theme for someone else to use though.