PDA

View Full Version : POV Upgrade?

ypmagic
June 17th, 2013, 01:59 AM
Is it possible to make it so that you can actually see the town in First Person Point of View in Mafia? I've seen it in one game, and I thought it would've looked cooler with a Serial Killer holding a knife and shown going to kill someone. Well of course, if there's legal issues with Blizzard about violence, then we can take out the killing parts. Just saying that I think it would give the game life. You can see the town during the day, and you can see yourself on the stand on trial facing the Town to defend yourself.

Dagaen
June 17th, 2013, 02:19 AM
I have another idea: make jailed person visible in jail. Looking at hats and models Jailor can use ths additional info to determine if the player is experienced or not.

RLVG
June 17th, 2013, 05:24 AM
I have another idea: make jailed person visible in jail. Looking at hats and models Jailor can use ths additional info to determine if the player is experienced or not.

As opposed to looking at it during the day before you jail?

Dagaen
June 17th, 2013, 06:01 AM
Well you can see it more clearly in jail - also I think it would be nice touch.

Slaol
June 17th, 2013, 07:29 AM
The night camera was doable.

Anguss
June 17th, 2013, 07:58 AM
Well you can see it more clearly in jail - also I think it would be nice touch.

So that the Kidnapper knows which townie he should probably kill / keep jailed? :P

Cryptonic
June 17th, 2013, 08:04 AM
As opposed to looking at it during the day before you jail?

This is what I always do... I especially look for 20k+ lol

Also, I always just use default model.

kyle1234513
June 17th, 2013, 08:34 AM
This is what I always do... I especially look for 20k+ lol

Also, I always just use default model.

top hat, marine, shiny name every time.....

it would be a nice effect for the jailor, however in terms of usefulness, its no different than mousing over players in the circle and just seeing what character they are.

and if such a thing were added for a jailor, then why not doctor is shown stitching up their target? or MM shows a chainsaw to their target.... mafia shooting players..... etc etc, (would totally be epic)

it would be a ton of work, but overall it would work out great for sc2mafia if doable.

ika
June 17th, 2013, 08:49 AM
it would be a ton of work

i think thats the problem there, rev ist paid for making the game, maybe if we did another commision type thing he could, i just dont think he would do it on free time. it would be intresting to see though

Damus_Graves
June 17th, 2013, 08:58 AM
Its highly doubtful this would happen. I don't believe that sc2 allows such things