PDA

View Full Version : Cult Russian Roulette

Forum Mafia GM
June 16th, 2013, 09:47 PM
Cult are gonna play Russian roulette to see who suicides.

The bullet is in the second (2nd) chamber.

This post is to show that we are leaving it up to the cult to decide who suicides and not host preference. Witnesses required, please quote and confirm that bullet is in second chamber.

FM Cajetan
June 16th, 2013, 09:53 PM
I hope Fontaine gets brained. The other savage has a chance of escaping lynch

FM Ferengi
June 16th, 2013, 09:57 PM

This post is to show that we are leaving it up to the cult to decide who suicides and not host preference. Witnesses required, please quote and confirm that bullet is in second chamber.

Witnessed.

FM Earle
June 16th, 2013, 10:04 PM
Interesting turn of events!

Make or break night!

FM Buchwalter
June 16th, 2013, 11:35 PM

Interesting!

Witnessed.

FM Cafarelli
June 17th, 2013, 12:03 AM
i thought it would be random? now they can chose. that's not fair imo

Forum Mafia GM
June 17th, 2013, 12:09 AM
Too many people complain that when hosts say it was random.org, the hosts just picked... so, we decided that we would tell the dead chat what chamber the bullet is in and not tell the savages. It's still random (I used random.org to pick the chamber), just that they get to pick who shoots when.

FM Bishop
June 17th, 2013, 12:14 AM
It doesn't say in the setup that it would be random. But would you have made the same decision if the Cult wasn't in such a peculiar situation?

Ah, so you have to pass the gun. Nvm then.

FM Bishop
June 17th, 2013, 12:16 AM
Will you reveal to them who dies before the night ends?

Forum Mafia GM
June 17th, 2013, 12:17 AM
nope, they will find out when we process the night actions after the night chat is locked.

FM Cafarelli
June 17th, 2013, 12:25 AM
Too many people complain that when hosts say it was random.org, the hosts just picked... so, we decided that we would tell the dead chat what chamber the bullet is in and not tell the savages. It's still random (I used random.org to pick the chamber), just that they get to pick who shoots when.

you could aswell just let them decide. it's like:
"hey you're not even suspected and your power is better too (or i am even just a savage without power?) so gimme the gun i'm gonna shoot till i die"

you seem to think that it matters who dies.

how about the random generator teachers often use:
2 ppl from here submit either 1 or 0 to host. then you compare them, if they're equal savage 1 dies if not savage 2 dies
it's random because you don't know what the other one is going to submit and it can be proven too that it's random because after that we can tell what we submitted
you just have to write in advance who is savage 1 and 2

or let deadchat play roulette. write in savage chat who represents whom and where the bullet is.

FM Bishop
June 17th, 2013, 12:40 AM
The host's solution works just fine. They can't shoot two times in a row.

FM Cafarelli
June 17th, 2013, 12:43 AM
how you know?
also then it depends on the hosts decision on who begins

Forum Mafia GM
June 17th, 2013, 12:58 AM
how you know?
also then it depends on the hosts decision on who begins

The instructions are whoever posts first can either -pull or -pass.. and they can't pull twice.

And Bishop found out because someone didn't remove his night chat access when he died. (which I have now)

FM Bishop
June 17th, 2013, 01:01 AM
What what, what, what?
I had night chat access and did not notice it? Damn!

Forum Mafia GM
June 17th, 2013, 01:02 AM
What what, what, what?
I had night chat access and did not notice it? Damn!

No, you had night chat access and I did not notice it.

FM Bishop
June 17th, 2013, 01:03 AM
It's still random (I used random.org to pick the chamber), just that they get to pick who shoots when.
Not being able to shoot 2 times in a row was needed to keep it random.

To which night chat had I access? Because I didn't notice either.

FM Ferengi
June 17th, 2013, 01:05 AM
It doesn't say in the setup that it would be random. But would you have made the same decision if the Cult wasn't in such a peculiar situation?

Ah, so you have to pass the gun. Nvm then.

Of course it will be randomised so as to minimize host interference.

Forum Mafia GM
June 17th, 2013, 01:05 AM
correction = it was ballard and morgan who still had night access

FM Bishop
June 17th, 2013, 01:07 AM
Of course it will be randomised so as to minimize host interference.
It's not really host interference if the Cult gets to choose who dies.

FM Ferengi
June 17th, 2013, 01:11 AM
It's not really host interference if the Cult gets to choose who dies.

Oh, I was assuming the situation in which the hosts get to decide who dies and the cult has no say in the matter. Either way, I feel like due to the death of their cult leader, the cultists are in a terrible emotional state and in the heat of passion will not be thinking clearly enough to choose whether or not they will suicide or not. Therefore the action must be randomised.

FM Cafarelli
June 17th, 2013, 02:14 AM
then it's just who begins wins. why even continue playing then if they only can -pull

also it's actually the same than my first suggestions: number 1 is the chamber that can be even or not and number 2 is who begins

FM Bishop
June 17th, 2013, 02:38 AM
The first one to take action has a 50/50 chance to live as he can -pull or -pass. The second one will have to -pull.

how about the random generator teachers often use:
2 ppl from here submit either 1 or 0 to host. then you compare them, if they're equal savage 1 dies if not savage 2 dies
it's random because you don't know what the other one is going to submit and it can be proven too that it's random because after that we can tell what we submitted
you just have to write in advance who is savage 1 and 2
Your system isn't as good. The Savages could just tell what they will be sending in. Thus they have complete control over who will die.

FM Buchwalter
June 17th, 2013, 03:25 AM
correction = it was ballard and morgan who still had night access

Yeah I had been wondering about that, because I do not have access to Mafia night chat. But Ballard said he had to his night chat.

FM Buchwalter
June 17th, 2013, 03:28 AM
May as well have told them all to pick a number each, and kill who took the number 2.

But I guess Russian Roulette is more fun?

FM Phelps
June 17th, 2013, 03:55 AM
Duh if the more useless player starts out with the gun he will surely pull the trigger first. Psychology dude. People aren't rational around % questions. So the host can indeed influence the russian roulette. He decides who starts with the gun and if he doesn't the afk more useless player will take it and pull. So since the gun is in the second chamber the better placed savage gonna explode tonight. But if the better placed guy takes the gun and passes he will die as well. Lulz.

GG we win :-P

FM Cafarelli
June 17th, 2013, 04:10 AM
The first one to take action has a 50/50 chance to live as he can -pull or -pass. The second one will have to -pull.

Your system isn't as good. The Savages could just tell what they will be sending in. Thus they have complete control over who will die.

i didn't mean that the savages chose the 2 numbers. they chose max one or even none

Duh if the more useless player starts out with the gun he will surely pull the trigger first. Psychology dude. People aren't rational around % questions. So the host can indeed influence the russian roulette. He decides who starts with the gun and if he doesn't the afk more useless player will take it and pull. So since the gun is in the second chamber the better placed savage gonna explode tonight. But if the better placed guy takes the gun and passes he will die as well. Lulz.

GG we win :-P

yep exactly what will happen. the useless one will just pull first

FM Ferengi
June 18th, 2013, 12:34 AM
FM Fontaine is pulling the gun second. This means she will be the suiciding savage!

FM Buchwalter
June 18th, 2013, 12:37 AM
FM Fontaine is pulling the gun second. This means she will be the suiciding savage!

Damn! Fontaine was gonna die by lynch, now what will Town do for the day?

FM Buchwalter
June 18th, 2013, 01:13 AM

If Mafia attack Fontaine tonight, their attack is wasted? Does not matter I guess, they should be attacking a random townie.

I'm guessing Ryan will be lynched today.