PDA

View Full Version : Role Idea - Coward

Imperfect
May 10th, 2011, 05:54 PM
There should be a neutral role called the coward. At night he targets a person of his choice and if he is targeted to be killed the person he targets will be killed instead. Basically he body-blocks himself every night.

Also Mayor would be cool role for vetoing lynches.

Styx
May 10th, 2011, 06:01 PM
What are the role's victory conditions? Can he force people to kill themselves? Are there a limited number of uses?

Very cool idea so far.

Professor Plum
May 10th, 2011, 08:23 PM
I really like this idea, it would make mafia have to put a bit more thought into who they kill, which is always a good thing. I personally think their victory condition should be the same as survivor, since the only thing a coward would want to do is survive. As far as people killing themselves, I think it would be a good idea to have the coward die in that case, add some strategy to it in that you don't want to target killers, maybe even have it so if you target someone going out to kill at night they kill you instead of their original target.

One question I have is how would this deal with night immunities? I personally think the ability should fail if you target someone immune at night, and let it succeed and have no one die if they swap with someone being healed or using a vest.

Membrax
May 11th, 2011, 01:45 AM
Looks like a Super-Survivor :P
You'd need some serious cons with such a strong ability.

McJesus
May 11th, 2011, 08:55 AM
That would be overpowered because you would be completly immune to night death.

S.A.S.Cnl.Alpha
May 11th, 2011, 11:55 AM
Better idea would have him be absent from his residence at night and spend the night at someone else's. If the person he went to is attacked, he dies as well. Seems more like a town-sided Survivor since he would be afraid of the mafia and third-party roles by the name.

Mysterymeat
May 11th, 2011, 03:46 PM
This role is way to op as cannot be killed at night at all, and if same conditions as survivior town would have no reason to lynch. So maybe if they kill the person he targeted he should die to blaence it out.

Professor Plum
May 11th, 2011, 04:26 PM
This role is way to op as cannot be killed at night at all, and if same conditions as survivior town would have no reason to lynch. So maybe if they kill the person he targeted he should die to blaence it out.

There are plenty of ways to make them vulnerable at night, my favorite being if they target a killer they get killed instead of the killer's target, adds strategy so you can't just pick people randomly, though your idea at the end could work in the same way to make them want to avoid power role or people with red names.

Town doesn't lynch survivor because they can't effect the game in any way, the coward however will be using random townies as human shields, That's plenty of reason to lynch him just to prevent him from randomly getting a doctor killed.

By far my favorite thing about this role is it can punish mafia for randomly killing people, i really hate that right now as mafia you just randomly target people for the first few nights and there is no way you can get punished for doing so, with this role at least if you go after the coward by accident and they happen to target the hooker for example you just lost a power role.

Styx
May 11th, 2011, 04:43 PM
Better idea would have him be absent from his residence at night and spend the night at someone else's. If the person he went to is attacked, he dies as well. Seems more like a town-sided Survivor since he would be afraid of the mafia and third-party roles by the name.

That! is an awesome suggestion.

Seems like some variant of a Super-Citizen, with unlimited bulletproof vests if you can predict the actions of the Mafia or none at all and resulting in a double-kill for the Mafia if the Coward fails. It's a good risk-reward ratio.

Zilas
May 15th, 2011, 12:53 AM
Way to overpowered