PDA

View Full Version : Suggested role list for next FM

Zack
August 31st, 2011, 07:53 AM
Note this is just a suggestion... Some roles can be replaced by randoms - town or mafia roles that is.

Sheriff
Investigator
Lookout
Detective
Mayor
Doctor
Doctor
Coroner
Bodyguard - does not kill immune but can be healed
Enchantress
Revolutionist - will only die when mismasoning a killing role, that means he can survive mismasoning a consort for example, but his name and role will be revealed to the target

Godfather
Consigliere
Framer
Disguiser
Consort
Forger
Mafioso
Mafioso

Spree Killer
Masochist - the only role who can win with Tormentor
Tormentor - not allowed to vote for his current target during the day, if he does he will suicide at night
Witch

12x Citizens

S.A.S.Cnl.Alpha
August 31st, 2011, 07:56 AM
I'd really like to see Revolutionists in play. IIRC, a town-sided faction that also wishes to topple the government or so. Last group standing with mafia, neutrals, as well a sherrifs, invests, any mayor killed. I haven't seen Spree Killer or Masochist in a while - as well as my first time seeing Tormentor - mind recapping on them?

chocopaw
August 31st, 2011, 08:38 AM
Zack why don't you just host it? I might actually play again then.

Zack
August 31st, 2011, 09:10 AM
Me? Host? Are you out of your mind?!

There's noway i'd be willing to commit to that, plus I kinda lack the mod powers to make it work.

Its alot of responsibility to be a moderator for a mafia game, and while technically I could do it, i'd rather not undertake this task...

fred
August 31st, 2011, 09:24 AM
Yea...it'd be a total lifesink. Hey that sounds like my job IRL XD

(management is sooo not worth it)

Zack
August 31st, 2011, 10:08 AM
SAS, you can see Spree Killer and Masochist here: http://www.thecouncilofmages.com/forum/index.php/topic,804.0.html

Enchantress here: http://www.thecouncilofmages.com/forum/index.php/topic,1533.0.html

And Tormentor: http://www.thecouncilofmages.com/forum/index.php/topic,1421.msg12424.html#msg12424

Zack
August 31st, 2011, 10:10 AM
For forum mafia though, I think Tormentor should lose the silence ability and instead could send secret PMs to his target during the day annonymosly. The target cannot reply, but just recieve scary messages.

philie
August 31st, 2011, 10:14 AM
Keeping it classic would be cool. Maybe if we add new roles, we should start with sc2 ones for starters.

Zack
August 31st, 2011, 10:16 AM
T-T-T-T-Triple pos- DENIED by Philie

Forgot the Forger link: http://www.thecouncilofmages.com/forum/index.php/topic,1919.msg19880.html#msg19880

Though you could search for these... Like I just did o.o

Well, technically yeah, but... These roles are just so fun looking.. And we don't have them on SC2 mafia, who knows if we ever will. Thats exactly the reason why we should use them instead of roles we already saw in action.

Deolrin
August 31st, 2011, 11:05 AM
What's are those roles?

Enchantress, Forger, Spree Killer, Masochist, Tormentor.

Deolrin
August 31st, 2011, 11:05 AM
uH. nEVERMIND 'BOUT THAT.

oops_ur_dead
August 31st, 2011, 12:13 PM
I'd really like to see Revolutionists in play. IIRC, a town-sided faction that also wishes to topple the government or so. Last group standing with mafia, neutrals, as well a sherrifs, invests, any mayor killed. I haven't seen Spree Killer or Masochist in a while - as well as my first time seeing Tormentor - mind recapping on them?

Spree killer will kill everyone present at their target's home. So pretty much, everyone who targeted the player with a night action. If the spree killer's target also uses a night action, then they themselves are not killed.

I also kinda wanted to play with the "original" arsonist idea, where he can burn during the day. To balance that, people will be informed when they are doused at night.

Revolutionists should be renamed Proletariat. They would work like the masons in terms of recruiting, and win when only citizens and proletariat are left. If a proletariat targets a non-killing power role, then the target is informed of the proletariat's role. If they target a killing power role, then they die. Also, as long as there are at least three proletariat alive, the revolution gains momentum and the group of proletariat gets one kill per night.

CaressMeTenderly
August 31st, 2011, 03:43 PM
Don't like any of the ideas except Proletarians.

oops_ur_dead
August 31st, 2011, 04:01 PM

Spree killer will kill everyone present at their target's home. So pretty much, everyone who targeted the player with a night action. If the spree killer's target also uses a night action, then they themselves are not killed.

I also kinda wanted to play with the "original" arsonist idea, where he can burn during the day. To balance that, people will be informed when they are doused at night.

Revolutionists should be renamed Proletariat. They would work like the masons in terms of recruiting, and win when only citizens and proletariat are left. If a proletarian targets a non-killing power role, then the target is informed of the proletarian's role. If they target a killing power role, then they die. Also, as long as there are at least three proletariat alive, the revolution gains momentum and the group of proletariat gets one kill per night.

oops_ur_dead
August 31st, 2011, 04:01 PM
Damn, I thought I was editing. I noticed some typos and wanted to fix them.

Ganondorf
August 31st, 2011, 04:28 PM
I definitely want an arsonist, but I don't know if I like the day-burn thing. If we have an arsonist, I don't necessarily think the spree killer is necessary (though I would like something other than the serial killer). I like the proletarian idea because it mixes things up, but I fear that it'll make town PR's far too vulnerable...

Deathfire123
August 31st, 2011, 05:41 PM
Id be willing to co-host but I dont have mod powers, or any of the mods trust, or I'm not a long enough user on the forums. But I'd be willing to put the time in....and the effort

FalseTruth
August 31st, 2011, 06:11 PM
In order to host a forum mafia, you would have to go through a sequence of steps.

1) Become a forum moderator by gaining trust from the current moderators and contributing to the site in a meaningful way.
2) Be able to demonstrate that you are capable of the extraordinary time commitment required. (Playing a game of forum mafia actively should probably be enough)
3) Should have a decent understanding of how the game works so that they can answer questions about their setup quickly and succinctly.

Honestly, it shouldn't be incredibly difficult for anyone to host FM, but any non-mod host would have to wait until after FM 5. FM 4 is Claw-Oops and FM 5 is Elixir.

oops_ur_dead
August 31st, 2011, 06:52 PM
I'm not a forum moderator ollolololo

CaressMeTenderly
August 31st, 2011, 07:13 PM
basically falsetruth says a lot of stuff that isn't true

oh
gee
nice
name
FALSE
truth

FalseTruth
August 31st, 2011, 07:34 PM

Yes you are... Fucking dumass doesn't even realize he's a moderator. Wiki subforum...

CaressMeTenderly
August 31st, 2011, 07:37 PM
*Dumbass

Severn
August 31st, 2011, 07:42 PM
I think the rev/pro would be a very interesting role but the town power roles would need something good to counterbalance their citizens turning on them late game. I suppose though that the town power roles could claim citizen early and try to get recruited by the revolutionist so that they could identify them and stop it early on.

It would basically be a weakened version of the cult in terms of power, but it would be far less vulnerable as well.

Spree killer would add so much paranoia to detective and killing roles. I think it might just force people to pick random targets. Like the veteran, I'm unsure if it belongs in forum mafia.

Arsonist of some sort would be neat to have. The burning at day... would reveal who he is? That way it would be a one use sort of deal. If you got doused you would have to hope the arson got killed at night though. Otherwise as soon as votes started going towards him he would burn. Then with people dead the number of votes needs to lynch would be changed... not sure. I'm used to thinking of the day as town's time to get stuff done. Making kills happen at day would be neat but hard to balance.

Bus Driver would be hilarious to go with an arson of some sort.

The jailor didn't work out very well this game. I think even if the role works no one will put trust in it.

Deathfire123
August 31st, 2011, 07:49 PM
In order to host a forum mafia, you would have to go through a sequence of steps.

1) Become a forum moderator by gaining trust from the current moderators and contributing to the site in a meaningful way.
2) Be able to demonstrate that you are capable of the extraordinary time commitment required. (Playing a game of forum mafia actively should probably be enough)
3) Should have a decent understanding of how the game works so that they can answer questions about their setup quickly and succinctly.

Honestly, it shouldn't be incredibly difficult for anyone to host FM, but any non-mod host would have to wait until after FM 5. FM 4 is Claw-Oops and FM 5 is Elixir.

I think #2 I've demonstrated. #3, I think I have too, but thats not for me to decide. and #1 I don't have a shot at for a long time.

Speaking of FM4...when are signups?

Yayap
August 31st, 2011, 08:04 PM
Speaking of FM4...when are signups?

Right now. Go find the topic in General chat.

The jailor didn't work out very well this game. I think even if the role works no one will put trust in it.

If there is another jailor, I suggest this small change: He can jail everynight, but can only execute on nights that have no lynch. Should keep his role in play after night 1 and 2.

oops_ur_dead
August 31st, 2011, 08:20 PM

Yes you are... Fucking dumass doesn't even realize he's a moderator. Wiki subforum...

That barely counts. Nobody looks at that forum.

Elixir
August 31st, 2011, 08:22 PM
Random towns imo.

Semi closed