August 30th, 2011, 11:56 AM
Whoever agrees with me, /sign

AscendedOne
August 30th, 2011, 11:57 AM
/sign

You sabotaging bastard.....

Ganondorf
August 30th, 2011, 12:01 PM
Guys, I am willing to let bygones be bygones... Elixir made a mistake last game too (which cost oops_ur_dead the game). Anyway, this actually improves the town's chances of winning!

AscendedOne
August 30th, 2011, 12:04 PM
Meh.... Actually it does nothing to them... If you were still alive you vote to kill the sk with the other town and jester, then kill the mafia.....

Darth Sand
August 30th, 2011, 12:05 PM
Guys, I am willing to let bygones be bygones... Elixir made a mistake last game too (which cost oops_ur_dead the game). Anyway, this actually improves the town's chances of winning!

So changing the rules during the game which makes town more likely to win is a good thing?

philie
August 30th, 2011, 12:05 PM
who cares about towns chances, you dont get points anyway. What i care more about is that the initial calculations done by people wont be in vain. Sk had it in the bag practically. Now i dont know who had vests left but if nobody does, the win is basically taken away from him.

FalseTruth
August 30th, 2011, 12:06 PM
Yes, I made a mistake. It barely affected the game. Go look at how each scenario would have played out. It is simple logic.

Raiden
August 30th, 2011, 12:12 PM
The principle of changing rules on the fly is wrong, but i like the new ruleset better.

FalseTruth
August 30th, 2011, 12:15 PM
The principle of changing rules on the fly is wrong, but i like the new ruleset better.

To be clear: I did not change the rules on the fly. I made a mistake and adapted the rules so that they make the mistake "legal". The new rules just happen to be better.

FalseTruth
August 30th, 2011, 12:20 PM
Also /sign.

That was not cool, False.

NorthStar
August 30th, 2011, 01:14 PM
Also /sign.

That was not cool, False.

umadbro? Give him a break.

S.A.S.Cnl.Alpha
August 31st, 2011, 03:27 AM
I don't get it, what happened?

Deolrin
August 31st, 2011, 04:48 AM
What happened. o_O

philie
August 31st, 2011, 06:00 AM
nothin serius, just changing the rules on the fly potentially choosing how the game gonna end:P

S.A.S.Cnl.Alpha
August 31st, 2011, 07:57 AM
So it's like

OOPS
I MADE A MISTAKE
SHERRIF CAN NOW INVESTIGATE ROLE(S) that Elixir did? At least he apologized or so for it.

Goonswarm
August 31st, 2011, 05:18 PM
I r confused. What happened?

FalseTruth
August 31st, 2011, 05:22 PM
I r confused. What happened?

You know the night order of operations? Well, apparently SK comes before Sicilian Killing so if the SK kills the Sicilian who performs their kill, then the Sicilian should never have have gotten the kill through. I forgot about this minor detail and let Ganondorf die even though oops was killed and technically couldn't have killed Ganondorf.

Apparently this is a huge problem that affects the entire game and fucks it all up. /sarcasm

chocopaw
August 31st, 2011, 05:40 PM
False, just saying, your reaction to this criticism is not a sign of integrity, it was something that should not happen, calling it "minor" is just stupid. And I say that as a person who doesn't really give a shit about the incident.

FalseTruth
August 31st, 2011, 06:23 PM
False, just saying, your reaction to this criticism is not a sign of integrity, it was something that should not happen, calling it "minor" is just stupid. And I say that as a person who doesn't really give a shit about the incident.

First of all, I have apologized for making the error. Second of all, "integrity" is a poor choice of words for what you were trying to say.

Thirdly, I don't know what you mean. It is minor. Analyze the situation with these series of questions:

1) Did it change the outcome of the game (eventual winner)?
- No

2) Was the change to the rules contradictory to the previous actions that had been committed?
- No. Not once in the game had a killing role been prevented from killing due to night action ordering prior to this incident.

Overall Negative Impact to the Game:
-Some dead chat predictions on how day would turn out were wrong.
-Players may have played the game deciding their kills on the basis of the previous night action ordering rules.

Overall Positive Impact to the Game:
-Some players believe the new rules are better and should have been in place to begin with.

Conclusion:
This is a minor error. Going forward all the rules have been adapted to accommodate for the mistake so that nothing seems to be out of the ordinary.