PDA

View Full Version : Why was spys "read PM" option removed?

Fubby
May 19th, 2013, 08:45 AM
I really liked it. I always liked how the spy can get so much information, but the spy has to be smart to figure out what that information means and how to use it. Maybe reading PMs was too strong? I dont know. I thought it was pretty cool.

ika
May 19th, 2013, 08:53 AM
*spy put on trial*

"im spy"

*reads pm and becomes confirmed town*

with the removal of it mafia can fake spy saying they target X,Y,Z

also with things like mayor reveal and such spy can immetaly say im spy these ppl are roles X,Y,Z

TheDarkestLight
May 19th, 2013, 08:58 AM
They should have just given a Mafia counterpart of it.

BorkBot
May 19th, 2013, 09:04 AM
Did the spy get back the option to disable them seeing night chats yet?

Because they totally should have it to make it a fun role again.

ika
May 19th, 2013, 09:14 AM

but its fun to be mafia when theres a spy

Mafian night chats

oh hai spy

I love you

spy will you come suck my dick

ect, ect

those things make spy funny

BorkBot
May 19th, 2013, 09:41 AM
Actually it's no fun at all. The possibility of a spy just means nobody uses the night chat for anything meaningful.

Night chats should be there to discuss plans with your allies, not to troll the spy.

cookies4you
May 19th, 2013, 10:27 AM
Actually it's no fun at all. The possibility of a spy just means nobody uses the night chat for anything meaningful.

Night chats should be there to discuss plans with your allies, not to troll the spy.
I always thought it was the other way around...

Deantwo
May 19th, 2013, 11:44 AM

i agree that it would make the role more fun...

right now SC2Mafia is just so that... if there's even a tiny chance of there being a Spy... Mafia doesn't talk at all during nights... that pretty much makes Mafia night chat useless...

as for a Spy that can only see all Mafia targets? would be interesting... but maybe not all that powerful... so goldilock?

BorkBot
May 19th, 2013, 12:22 PM
i agree that it would make the role more fun...

right now SC2Mafia is just so that... if there's even a tiny chance of there being a Spy... Mafia doesn't talk at all during nights... that pretty much makes Mafia night chat useless...

as for a Spy that can only see all Mafia targets? would be interesting... but maybe not all that powerful... so goldilock?

The spy that sees mafia targets is actually very useful when combined with a detective or lookout.

And it can still accomplish some things alone.

Deantwo
May 19th, 2013, 01:35 PM
The spy that sees mafia targets is actually very useful when combined with a detective or lookout.

And it can still accomplish some things alone.

yeah it can... but it gets increasingly less useful as the amount of Mafia decrease...

still i can totally still see the usefulness... so i agree

Fubby
May 20th, 2013, 12:01 PM
Cant crier do that exact same thing without the whole issue of having to PM?

Deantwo
May 20th, 2013, 12:20 PM
Cant crier do that exact same thing without the whole issue of having to PM?

to whom or to what are you referring?

and no Crier can only confirm him self if he has a night in advance...
Spy could do it while he was on trial...

Fubby
May 20th, 2013, 03:31 PM
What if spies could not be healed? Like the other roles that had easy confirmation. The odds of a spy finding useful info from the mafia chat is very low. Mafia doesnt need to communicate very much to do things. Most of the time its just, block this random guy until sheriff is found, kill someone unless priority person who wont be doc'd comes up. I admit sometimes you find gamewinning info, but the read PMs make it feel like I was doing something, confirming innos, figuring stuff out. Now I just feel like I just hope mafia gets into a tight spot and needs to communicate to outsmart the town, which is very rare.

Im not very good at writing in a way that makes it easy to understand so I apologies.