PDA

View Full Version : -m New command for Kidnapper

Joey
May 18th, 2013, 11:55 PM
-m Before a msg would allow a kidnapper to talk to the mafia without the jailed captive seeing it.

Sen
May 19th, 2013, 01:10 AM
That'd certainly be an useful feature to have as a kidnapper.

creedkingsx
May 19th, 2013, 01:53 AM
op

kyle1234513
May 19th, 2013, 02:10 AM
cant jailor just type -target and recommend who to kill anyway?

creedkingsx
May 19th, 2013, 02:13 AM
Yes.

Sen
May 19th, 2013, 02:25 AM
I think it'd be great when your other mafia isn't particularly brilliant. Let's face it; there are new players, young ones, tired ones, dumb ones. Sometimes you need to lead, and being able to give orders to the other mafia while talking to the kidnapped victim would be great.

Jailor: So... role?
X: Inv.
Jailor: lw or die.
You will execute X.
X: 2 doc/wit/wd 8 may/mar/ml/gf
-m Ok, block 2 and hit 8.
You have changed your mind.
Jailor: Ok. Check 15 tomorrow. I'll pm you next day to see the info.

Edit: Random example. inb4 "But bg may be protecting the mayor". >_>

ika
May 19th, 2013, 09:15 AM
I think it'd be great when your other mafia isn't particularly brilliant. Let's face it; there are new players, young ones, tired ones, dumb ones. Sometimes you need to lead, and being able to give orders to the other mafia while talking to the kidnapped victim would be great.

Jailor: So... role?
X: Inv.
Jailor: lw or die.
You will execute X.
X: 2 doc/wit/wd 8 may/mar/ml/gf
-m Ok, block 2 and hit 8.
You have changed your mind.
Jailor: Ok. Check 15 tomorrow. I'll pm you next day to see the info.

Edit: Random example. inb4 "But bg may be protecting the mayor". >_>

but mafia can read it. if they are that patheic that they cant read it and formulate something then they shouldt be playing

Sen
May 19th, 2013, 03:31 PM
but mafia can read it. if they are that patheic that they cant read it and formulate something then they shouldt be playing

Well, tell so to the 70%~ of the player base who will totally ignore the lw of confirmed invest roles, will totally believe the obvious d2 exec and will believe the scum doc claim when based on the roles list and graveyard, that is totally impossible.

Yes. In an ideal world, everyone would be a decent player able to figure out such basic things by themselves, just as people wouldn't drive while drunk. But this isn't an ideal world and there are many times when you have to tell others what to do. It kind of sucks to be the kidnapper and see your gf targeting a confirmed veteran, without being able to tell him to stop being stupid and target someone else.

We can't choose who we get on our team, but at least the kidnapper should have an option to make up for one or two not so bright teammates.

Hypersniper
May 20th, 2013, 10:04 AM
best idea ever u should go to research and development

Slaol
May 20th, 2013, 10:10 AM
No. The point of him not splitting his chat is that the communication to the Mafia is weakened while in the Kidnap chat.

creedkingsx
May 20th, 2013, 10:48 AM
The fact that the rest of the mafia can see the jailor chat is OP as is.