PDA

View Full Version : You have received an infraction for trying to assist a player report

CardiffKilla
May 13th, 2013, 03:46 PM
So I'm all for community work. I like this game and I do my bit to help out occasionally.

I post a message on the player reports section believing it to help their enquiry..

Lo and behold, the post gets deleted and I receive an infraction for my troubles.

Really now? >.>

ypmagic
May 13th, 2013, 03:48 PM
You can't post in the Player Reports and Appeals section... its for Appeals only for the person that got reported to post there. If you would like to help with reports, you should go to the Keeper Tryouts thread in the News section. Otherwise, you cannot post in the Reports section.

powerofdeath
May 13th, 2013, 03:57 PM
Phff thats nothing, i got a infraction for post farming, i only posted 2 in a row

ypmagic
May 13th, 2013, 03:58 PM
Phff thats nothing, i got a infraction for post farming, i only posted 2 in a row

You think that's bad? I got an infraction for being an asshat. I don't think the word asshat even exists.

ika
May 13th, 2013, 04:00 PM
One who has their head up their ass. Thus wearing their ass as a hat. Asshat

it exist

ypmagic
May 13th, 2013, 04:07 PM
it exist

You know Shakespeare would've called this word baloney stuff.

ypmagic
May 13th, 2013, 04:13 PM
And now I got another infraction for not knowing what an asshat is? This infraction system is insane.

CardiffKilla
May 13th, 2013, 04:21 PM
The admin here are really power-driven. I can't do shit without being infracted. Really poor forum set-up. Funny thing is, if I became a Keeper, I could spam the hell through the player report section as much as I like. XD

ika
May 13th, 2013, 04:21 PM
The admin here are really power-driven. I can't do shit without being infracted. Really poor forum set-up. Funny thing is, if I became a Keeper, I could spam the hell through the player report section as much as I like. XD

Inn b4 they remove you from keeper for doing that

Slaol
May 13th, 2013, 04:53 PM
And now I got another infraction for not knowing what an asshat is? This infraction system is insane.

Lol. I assure at was a troll infraction. Was too juicy to have a thread about infractions not get infracted haha.

Incorrect, Keepers get directed how to operate in the reports forum more often then users. We police ourselves thoroughly.

Raptorblaze
May 13th, 2013, 06:24 PM

Also Orange = keepers (reports moderators)
Green = moderators
blue = global moderators
red= admins

Please use correct terminology <3

Also dark purple is not red.

Raptorblaze
May 13th, 2013, 08:16 PM
aaaaaaaaaand I had oops remove keeper's ability to infract, should fix the overzealous infractions.

creedkingsx
May 13th, 2013, 08:25 PM
aaaaaaaaaand I had oops remove keeper's ability to infract, should fix the overzealous infractions.

Except damus is mod.

Raptorblaze
May 13th, 2013, 08:35 PM
Except damus is mod.

I'll start removing modships if it comes to that.

Damus_Graves
May 13th, 2013, 08:48 PM
I'll step down from Moderator if it is really that big a problem.

AppleyNO
May 13th, 2013, 08:51 PM
Spam the Player Report Section? Glad to know I can do that!

Damus_Graves
May 13th, 2013, 08:53 PM
Am I allowed to post here and explain my thought process in dealing this infraction?

Raptorblaze
May 13th, 2013, 08:55 PM
We'll discuss this in modchat, we've been violating policy talking here as is.

ika
May 13th, 2013, 08:56 PM
We'll discuss this in modchat, we've been violating policy talking here as is.

close thread?

Raptorblaze
May 13th, 2013, 08:57 PM
For the record: Public users should not be commenting on reports unless directly involved (either the reporter, in the game, or the reported player), but I feel the response was too harsh at times.

Raptorblaze
May 13th, 2013, 08:57 PM
close thread?

If I close it less people will see it.

CardiffKilla
May 13th, 2013, 11:37 PM
For the record: Public users should not be commenting on reports unless directly involved (either the reporter, in the game, or the reported player), but I feel the response was too harsh at times.

I was direcetly involved, in a different report against the same clan but a different person. I once got a warning by Damus Graves for posting on a report started by myself to make him aware of the abuse I've been getting from the person I've reported.

All I was trying to do was supply you guys with a character account of the guilty party so that you can see and evaluate what kind of players they are.

My main beef is, is this supposed to encourage people to help the community?

Raptorblaze
May 14th, 2013, 04:08 AM
I was direcetly involved, in a different report against the same clan but a different person. I once got a warning by Damus Graves for posting on a report started by myself to make him aware of the abuse I've been getting from the person I've reported.

All I was trying to do was supply you guys with a character account of the guilty party so that you can see and evaluate what kind of players they are.

My main beef is, is this supposed to encourage people to help the community?

Trust me, it's worse letting people freely post in the threads. If you're reporting information start a new thread and follow the guidelines. If you got infracted for your OWN thread report it to me but the information should be relevant to the current report. Also, having reported the same clan does not make you directly involved. Like I said, reporter, people in the game, the reported player, or staff members assigned to reports may post.

louiswill
May 14th, 2013, 09:10 AM
Quote:
"My main beef is, is this supposed to encourage people to help the community?"

I totally agree.

Of course, as raptor said, this is internet and allowing too much freedom will cause troubles.

However, isn't the rule hitting everyone innocent also and bringing down the morality of community?

Can not anyone with common sense know that who did what in purpose of damaging society and who did not?

Will you cut off the good parts as well as the bad parts in a communist together?

obviously,
CardiffKilla didn't actually cause any harm. Police may just want to hold the line. However, those are not the excuse.

Raptorblaze
May 14th, 2013, 09:20 AM
Quote:
"My main beef is, is this supposed to encourage people to help the community?"

I totally agree.

Of course, as raptor said, this is internet and allowing too much freedom will cause troubles.

However, isn't the rule hitting everyone innocent also and bringing down the morality of community?

Can not anyone with common sense know that who did what in purpose of damaging society and who did not?

Will you cut off the good parts as well as the bad parts in a communist together?

obviously,
CardiffKilla didn't actually cause any harm. Police may just want to hold the line. However, those are not the excuse.

The purpose of the section being public is to allow a person to appeal a case. By the time the public can see it we've already convicted them and reached our decision, therefore we don't need additional evidence.

If people wish to help someone with an appeal, they should be messaging the person who was convicted with advice etc. Posting evidence usually means they themselves were present in the game, which is why I mentioned them as an exception. The problem we have is people joining in, and arguing against appeals, thereby antagonizing convicted players and causing a whole host of issues. There is literally no benefit to letting random people comment on reports. If you want to help out with the system, we hold periodic recruitments for keepers (the people who actually review and make decisions on reports) otherwise I don't see a reason to allow it.

Edit: Cardiff's latest infraction was for posting that he was being "abused" (I assume he means harassment) by the convicted players pursuant to a different report. That is fairly obviously a blizzard matter and is off topic at best. For the record: Harassment and abuse issues should be reported to blizzard who can take more severe action.

I'd like to put on record, also in relation to an on hold report made by me against Quaria and ShakeNBake, eYm has given me nothing but abuse since I reported the other players in his clan. Whether this can be held against him or not is your choice.

Here's the infraction before that, both of these infractions look entirely legitimate

Well him and his skype party just lynched me as a proven Survivor when he could've won anyway, so if you're reading this Psycho.. Revenge is a dish best served cold.

Thank you keepers, keep up the good work.

For this case he should be filing another report. Otherwise they only serve to antagonize parties involved and we wish the minimize that.

Raptorblaze
May 14th, 2013, 09:34 AM
Those are also the only two posts he was infracted for in reports according to his account.

cxx
May 14th, 2013, 12:52 PM
CK is a good player and I value his effort and reports.

I think CK's main issue was to underline that player's character. I think it was Eym who said he was "respected by large parts of the community" and some other bs, and as it is on EU, you guys can't really verify. He just meant to give you more information about that player's behavior and character so you can judge better.

That being said, CK: Don't take this board too serious. I understand that you're upset, but managing all reports and reviews is stressful, and even more with additional interference.

Raptorblaze
May 14th, 2013, 01:02 PM
Well I should probably note then that respect isn't really taken into account. If you've broken a rule no amount of respect will keep me or presumably my successor from punishing you appropriately.

Quaria
May 14th, 2013, 02:01 PM
You should maybe mention you are the other guy who have reported me for "cheating", making you a bit biased in your praise of CardiffKilla.

This was meant as a reply to cxx's post. Pushed the wrong thingy.

Raptorblaze
May 14th, 2013, 02:50 PM
You should maybe mention you are the other guy who have reported me for "cheating", making you a bit biased in your praise of CardiffKilla.

This was meant as a reply to cxx's post. Pushed the wrong thingy.

You're trying to turn this into something about your case, it happening in your thread was coincidental and only in the vaguest sense was related. The topic is about restrictions on non-staff and non-related users from posting in reports threads.

eYm
May 14th, 2013, 02:52 PM
CK is a good player and I value his effort and reports.

I think CK's main issue was to underline that player's character. I think it was Eym who said he was "respected by large parts of the community" and some other bs, and as it is on EU, you guys can't really verify. He just meant to give you more information about that player's behavior and character so you can judge better.

That being said, CK: Don't take this board too serious. I understand that you're upset, but managing all reports and reviews is stressful, and even more with additional interference.

I am, however the fact that you try to make me look like a liar confirms your grudge against LEAF, however i like the way you're sticking up for CardiffKilla just because he's goal is to get LEAF banned aswell, on a unrelated note i just had an amazing game with the mod Fred, im sure he could analyze the replay or even send it to you if you need another game to try to report me and Quaria for, let the admins take the decisions and stop framing me as a bad guy and a liar, im already on the watchlist so im not sure why this means so much for you.

http://i.imgur.com/T78RPne.jpg Most experienced players on EU sticks up for me, reassuring the game will still be enjoyable for everyone.

http://i.imgur.com/avYryXO.jpg However, Coffex & CardiffKilla's kind always try to stir shit up, spamming cheater & flames, encouraging beginners to leave causing shattered games and wasting people's time since some games never even load.

Just my 2 cents, sick of these two and their cliques ganging up on LEAF whatever we do.

AppleyNO
May 14th, 2013, 03:04 PM
I can see where this is going already. Do not turn this into a flame war.

Raptorblaze
May 14th, 2013, 04:17 PM
All of you are being silly and I'm closing this thread before flaming commences. You and your clan broke a rule once or twice, were punished, and haven't re-offended as of yet. Please don't harass eachother over it as it's frankly immature to do so, and have a nice day.