PDA

View Full Version : Way too much time.

TimeTrx
May 12th, 2013, 10:44 PM
I don't think I have a life... sometimes. So I decided to show you I 'could' make a reporter. Fully functioning reporter it even submits it to the site (in the proper format) and scans the file for obvious gamethrowing, griefing and Role-Quitting.

Necroplant
May 12th, 2013, 11:31 PM
1) Posted in wrong section.

2) The first rule of reporting is follow DR's preferred format.

3) Once you've made three reports following the format, reporting someone takes less than 5 minutes.

4) Prepare for subsequent pain regarding posting this.

oops_ur_dead
May 12th, 2013, 11:46 PM
I could have made one too. I just didn't because the only people who'd use it aren't the ones who'd benefit from it.

Cryptonic
May 13th, 2013, 07:22 AM
You have to go into the replay and find the ID and SC2 ID for the player you are reporting, alt+tab out, open your reporting program, choose what crime they committed, find the correct replay and attach it, write a summary, and press send?

That's way more efficient than going into the replay and finding the ID and SC2 ID for the player you are reporting, alt+tabing out, opening your www.sc2mafia.com and clicking create new topic in reports, choosing what crime they committed, finding the correct replay and attaching it, writing a summary, and pressing send.

I'm sorry, man. But, this seems like it's just a waste of time to make when it'll shave like 4 seconds off the time it takes to report the player.
Unless your program watches the replay itself and automatically submits who is cheating to the Keepers, it doesn't seem very different from the current system.

Raptorblaze
May 13th, 2013, 07:31 AM
You have to go into the replay and find the ID and SC2 ID for the player you are reporting, alt+tab out, open your reporting program, choose what crime they committed, find the correct replay and attach it, write a summary, and press send?

That's way more efficient than going into the replay and finding the ID and SC2 ID for the player you are reporting, alt+tabing out, opening your www.sc2mafia.com and clicking create new topic in reports, choosing what crime they committed, finding the correct replay and attaching it, writing a summary, and pressing send.

I'm sorry, man. But, this seems like it's just a waste of time to make when it'll shave like 4 seconds off the time it takes to report the player.
Unless your program watches the replay itself and automatically submits who is cheating to the Keepers, it doesn't seem very different from the current system.

See that's why I was trying to tell him we'd have to edit the map itself to add a function that would hide text. like... "-report 3 gamethrowing" and then have a program that could just scan replays en masse, and whenever it found the -report command it could grab all the relevant info and format it.

Cryptonic
May 13th, 2013, 07:36 AM
See that's why I was trying to tell him we'd have to edit the map itself to add a function that would hide text. like... "-report 3 gamethrowing" and then have a program that could just scan replays en masse, and whenever it found the -report command it could grab all the relevant info and format it.

If something like this is done, I could see it working.

Damus_Graves
May 13th, 2013, 07:37 AM
Reports would happen massively.

Cryptonic
May 13th, 2013, 07:39 AM
Reports would happen massively.

Yea, and depending on how the program works, I'm guessing it would read everytime someone submits the "-report 3 x" function....There would be single reports that are like:

Player X
Gamethrowing

Player X
Gamethrowing

Player X
Gamethrowing

Player X
Gamethrowing

Player X
Gamethrowing

Player X
Gamethrowing

ect

And then there still have to be a way for the player to attach a summary. Maybe that'd be coded into the game as well, or Keepers would spend ages looking at replays for what the person was considering the gamethrowing. But, it's honestly SO easy to just come on and make a report. If you're too lazy to stop playing for 5 minutes while you submit a replay, then you obviously don't care that much about that guy being punished or not.

kyle1234513
May 13th, 2013, 07:51 AM
imo an auto report function, or a simple -report 3, function were implemented it would be helpful to noobs. it took me over a half hour for me to create an account on the forums, and then figure out how to report, read up on the rules, follow the guideline, find were replays are kept, go to upload the file, realize the new window always appears behind the page. it was a hassle the first time. but afterwards the second took time about 10mins, and the rest all take less than 5mins.

the process is daunting for first time reporters, and I think that discourages them from continuing with the report.

but I do see this being misused by trolls who would type -report #, 14 times on each player every single game, so overall im against it.

ika
May 13th, 2013, 07:56 AM
but now you come on constantly dont you?

also i would use it and like it but as damus said the amount of reports that would come in would mountimentral unless it can detect it very spcificly.

in b4 every mafia/gf/evil reports jailors for n1 exe for "gamethrowing"

oops_ur_dead
May 13th, 2013, 09:57 AM
Keep in mind that if we had an ingame report function you'd still need to be running some kind of program in the background.

TimeTrx
May 13th, 2013, 10:27 AM
also i would use it and like it but as damus said the amount of reports that would come in would mountimentral unless it can detect it very spcificly.

Who said I would be releasing it? Besides if I did only Raptor, Creed, and maybe Glip I'd trust with it.

Yea, and depending on how the program works, I'm guessing it would read everytime someone submits the "-report 3 x" function....There would be single reports that are like:

Player X
Gamethrowing

Player X
Gamethrowing

Player X
Gamethrowing

Player X
Gamethrowing

Player X
Gamethrowing

Player X
Gamethrowing

This program has a set max of 1 report per replay. If there is anymore you'll have to create it manually, because it will refuse to submit it.

Nope, I added a textfield where now all you have to do is put the in-game name of the player, no finding the ID or the SC2 ID the program parses it using regex.

Here are the steps (assuming you have saved your login information):
1) Select Replay (most recent show up first)
2) Type in-game name in, (the program will search and parse all required information for your account and the person your reporting) if there is a name it will proceed, else it will give you an error message that no name exists.
3a) Select the offense
3b) If its Game-Throwing, Role-Quitting, or Greifing the program scans the replay for possible times at which these may have happened.
4) Type a summary and click submit
5) The program automatically submits all information in the proper format for the keepers, it will also include the 3b) results along with the summary.

oops_ur_dead
May 13th, 2013, 10:36 AM
Mind sending me the source code?

TimeTrx
May 13th, 2013, 10:55 AM
Depends, you mind if I get the socket protocol working first?

oops_ur_dead
May 13th, 2013, 10:55 AM
No.

TimeTrx
May 13th, 2013, 12:30 PM
Changed the layout and fixed and few issues brought up to me. Also added a Username and Password Saving feature.

Now just to fix the parsing and socket stream and its done.