PDA

View Full Version : Alchemist

pyrodox
May 9th, 2011, 12:25 AM
I think something to do with potions would be a cool idea. I think the alchemist should have 2-3 different abilities to use under his arsenal.

1- sleep- Renders a target to sleep for 2 full nights. Players will read this character as dead, but on the second morning, will awaken back into the game.

2- silence- silences a target for a full round, unable to speak for the entire day.

3- Virus- Infects a target with a virus that grows inside of them. Target will die in two days.

If one ability seems more powerful than the other, maybe they can have a limit to how many potions of that kind they can have (ex. vig bullet limit). Let me know what you think =D

Deolrin
May 9th, 2011, 01:06 AM
Mafia is RELATIVELY realistic.
Alchemist is definitely fantasy-related.
Also, overpowered. :P

Elixir
May 9th, 2011, 01:16 AM
I think something to do with potions would be a cool idea. I think the alchemist should have 2-3 different abilities to use under his arsenal.

1- sleep- Renders a target to sleep for 2 full nights. Players will read this character as dead, but on the second morning, will awaken back into the game.

2- silence- silences a target for a full round, unable to speak for the entire day.

3- Virus- Infects a target with a virus that grows inside of them. Target will die in two days.

If one ability seems more powerful than the other, maybe they can have a limit to how many potions of that kind they can have (ex. vig bullet limit). Let me know what you think =D

They are all quite powerful abilities, however a class with your number 2 suggestion is being considered for a Mafia role in the pole thread. The Silencer.

edit for link http://www.thecouncilofmages.com/forum/index.php/topic,55.0.html

Faceless
May 9th, 2011, 01:19 PM
I just want to point out that while this role idea seems really OP, taking it apart and considering that each ability could be used for a new role reveals some pretty cool role ideas.

Sleep, for instance would be cool on a (new) role. The target would look dead, people would think he was dead, but he'd come back. It'd add a new twist.

Mysterymeat
May 9th, 2011, 03:46 PM
hmm...interesting idea the 2nd idea is already being considered as the silencer though I like your 1st idea. It'd be cool to come back after two nights but would they talk to the dead and would their role be revealed? Role revealed might be a good idea. Also don't think it should be called alchemist, maybe for sleep could be called pharmacist or drug addict.

McJesus
May 9th, 2011, 03:58 PM
This is too complex for mafia to be honest. You can't overcomplicate things when mafia is based in reality and around LYING! While I know many people play mafia exclusivly I personally play it as a way to relax from all the stress of actually playing starcraft 2. That is why you can't have overlycomplicated roles in it. This isn't an rpg for crying out loud. That being said the abilities themselves are actually pretty cool in my opinion but might need some minor tweaking.

Ya so sleep and virus are potentially good ideas! I could see one unit or two different units adding a lot and being fun to play with those.

Trenix
May 9th, 2011, 08:05 PM
And a mafioso should be able to kill multiple people at night, and be undetectable, and be immune to death. But seriously, one ability for each role, if any.

pyrodox
May 9th, 2011, 08:14 PM
And a mafioso should be able to kill multiple people at night, and be undetectable, and be immune to death. But seriously, one ability for each role, if any.

Being immune to death and being undetectable are both passive attributes. From the skills I've mentioned, you would obviously only be able to use 1 of them per night.

Bluebird
May 9th, 2011, 08:20 PM

Take out "multiple", and that role is already in the game.

pyrodox
May 10th, 2011, 03:13 PM
On further thinking, I think this role should be named Drug Dealer. More suited for the mafia theme.