PDA

View Full Version : Computer desk/furniture thread

Necroplant
May 12th, 2013, 02:07 PM
We've had threads about "Which laptop should I get?", but no discussion about the furniture required for desktop computers. Time to brag about our setups.

Mine:

PC: custom-built PC that was top-of-the-line in 2011, only thing I'll mention is the i7 920. Tech details can get a bit boring, but it's got good parts in it.

Desktop:

-rollout keyboard and mouse tray from IKEA
-plain-ass wooden desk with legs from IKEA
-lava lamp
-HP PS/2 keyboard, because a keyboard is a keyboard and I'd rather spend money on more useful things than extra buttons
-Cooler Master Storm gaming mouse, wasn't expensive and has various lighting options plus a front grill that shines red light through

Chair: non-damaged leather executive chair I saw ditched for garbage day on side of the road, missing 1 wheel. Took one from cheaper chair and inserted it EZ. Saved $120. Two wooden boards underneath chair for rolling mat.

Speakers: Logitech Z-5500 5.1 speakers, huge subwoofer below desk for use as a foot stool/cat sleeping spot.

Display: 37-inch Vizio LCD TV Refurb, not mounted.

Remote holder: wire CD-case rack reversed and drilled to wall for EZ access.

Cork Bulletin Board: a calendar, very useful.

powerofdeath
May 12th, 2013, 02:31 PM
When i use my laptop, i lay in bed with my laptop on my laps

I use a nice comfortable mattress, a soft pillow, and thick warm blanket

NoctiZ
May 12th, 2013, 02:39 PM
When I use my computer then it's srs business.

I made sure to get extremely comfortable gear, like a mouse that fits very nicely in my hand, a keyboard that is easy to use and a chair that doesn't hurt my bum after sitting on it for more than half a day. Headset also comfy and my speakers (Logitech Z-323) are good for chilling out to music.

Bunny
May 12th, 2013, 02:57 PM
I lay on my couch with my laptop and my frankie. When I lived at my parents house I had a desk and a yoga ball :) or laid in bed

Necroplant
May 12th, 2013, 05:31 PM
When i use my laptop, i lay in bed with my laptop on my laps

I use a nice comfortable mattress, a soft pillow, and thick warm blanket

When I used to laptop I did that, except I found that when the exhaust vent got blocked by the vacuum I would feel burning lol.

When I use my computer then it's srs business.

I made sure to get extremely comfortable gear, like a mouse that fits very nicely in my hand, a keyboard that is easy to use and a chair that doesn't hurt my bum after sitting on it for more than half a day. Headset also comfy and my speakers (Logitech Z-323) are good for chilling out to music.

My chair is comfortable, but close to 2-3 hours in it I can feel the cushion depressing so much that I can feel the bars underneath it lol. But it's fun for rocking back and forth.

I lay on my couch with my laptop and my frankie. When I lived at my parents house I had a desk and a yoga ball :) or laid in bed

Ooh yoga ball nice. In the latest "Wolverine" trailer, the Japanese guy is seen lying on a bed made of the same pins of that toy you can buy (the one where you can make 3D faces with).

There are custom-made PC desk setups you can buy of different designs, but the best ones simulate the inside of a racing car and are mechanized especially for sim games. They start at $1,000 lol, and include A/C but no seatbelt.

Brendan
September 8th, 2014, 09:25 PM
We've had threads about "Which laptop should I get?", but no discussion about the furniture required for desktop computers. Time to brag about our setups.

Mine:

PC: custom-built PC that was top-of-the-line in 2011, only thing I'll mention is the i7 920. Tech details can get a bit boring, but it's got good parts in it.

Desktop:

-rollout keyboard and mouse tray from IKEA
-plain-ass wooden desk with legs from IKEA
-lava lamp
-HP PS/2 keyboard, because a keyboard is a keyboard and I'd rather spend money on more useful things than extra buttons
-Cooler Master Storm gaming mouse, wasn't expensive and has various lighting options plus a front grill that shines red light through

Chair: non-damaged leather executive chair I saw ditched for garbage day on side of the road, missing 1 wheel. Took one from cheaper chair and inserted it EZ. Saved $120. Two wooden boards underneath chair for rolling mat.

Speakers: Logitech Z-5500 5.1 speakers, huge subwoofer below desk for use as a foot stool/cat sleeping spot.

Display: 37-inch Vizio LCD TV Refurb, not mounted.

Remote holder: wire CD-case rack reversed and drilled to wall for EZ access.

Cork Bulletin Board: a calendar, very useful.

can't tell if actually bragging

Helz
September 8th, 2014, 09:44 PM
can't tell if actually bragging

Damn this is an old thread..

Desktop > Laptop if your going to nerd out

Bruno
September 9th, 2014, 11:38 AM
necroplant confirmed for debilitating autism

Brendan
September 9th, 2014, 01:24 PM
IKEA FURNITURE IS THE SHIT