PDA

View Full Version : Night 1

Forum Mafia GM
May 7th, 2013, 08:34 PM
Discuss your intricate strategies, your brilliant codes, and your general hatred for everything here.

FM Attila
May 7th, 2013, 09:21 PM
Hey whats up everyone?

---> Just wanna make a casual reminder here that we are absolutely not allowed to claim COMs in any fashion even in night chats according to clemy and my understanding. So lets remember that. I don't want any of us to get modkilled this early/at all. <---

So
Orders of Buisness:

FM Artaxerxes- FM Mendez- Godfather
FM Vespasian- FM Buchwalter- Drug Dealer
FM Attila- FM Galloway- Drug Dealer
FM Leonardo- FM Donnelly- Blackmailer
FM Spartacus- FM Phelps- Consort
FM Alphege- FM Dunn- Kidnapper

Blackmailer
You are able send a player a message to blackmail that player to do your dirty work. The note you send must include a specific task bolded in red to complete during the day. You may not assign conditional tasks as blackmail (i.e. if you are a citizen, you must claim citizen in day chat, if you are doctor, you must claim doctor in day chat, etc.) If they do not complete your task within 2 days, they will suicide. You may only blackmail one person at a time.

While you are blackmailed, the blackmailed target is not allowed to claim blackmailed, hint at it themselves, or hint that a player asking if they are blackmailed is on the right track. Blackmail will be lifted at the start of the night after you complete your task.

Claiming blackmail while blackmailed has the following penalities:
An alpha, beta, or gamma who claims blackmailed will become a delta.
A savage power role who claims blackmailed will become a savage.
A savage or delta who claims blackmailed will die.
An epsilon who claims blackmailed will become a jester.
Nothing happens to evil neutrals or a savage godfather who claims blackmailed.

Tasks can be a number of things. If you give a task that a person cannot complete due to role limitations, the player will not be required to suicide.

Examples of tasks:
-Claim false feedback during the day
-Claim a role during the day
-Say a certain phrase during the day
-Vote a certain player during the day

Consort
You may choose one player to role block each night. You are immune to role blocks.

Kidnapper
You may swap the positions of two players at night. You may swap yourself.

Drug Dealer
You may drug a player with false feedback of your choice OR prevent a player from receiving their night feedback (actions still occur, the player is just not notified about what happened to them at night). The drug dealer cannot prevent a player from receiving feedback from his fellow mafia members.

-Fake roleblock / attacked and healed / bus drive / poison / recruitment to the cult / blacksmith materials received / dousing / witching / jester annoyance / student selected you as a mentor / discovered the interceptor / received Soma / any other possible night feedback
-Fake blackmail (On any given night, you must send the same note as a real blackmailer on your team)
-Fake role feedback (i.e. Your target is a Mafia Architect / Architect / Jailor / Devourer)

Godfather
You are the leader of the Soma Dealers. You are immune to detection by sheriffs, detectives, and lookouts. You may be sent to perform the mafia’s faction kill, or you may choose to send a minion to perform the kill in lieu of their regularly scheduled night action.

You have one auto-vest.

How do we want to use the tools that we have at our disposal?
Do we want to establish a code to communicate during the day?
Thoughts towards the Neutral Factions {Savage, Evil, and Benign}
Claims to fake

{Just a starting block to begin discussions. We can advance as need be.}

FM Attila
May 7th, 2013, 09:37 PM
FM Ackerman
FM Donnelly
FM Dunn
FM Galloway
FM Mendez
FM Buchwalter
FM Phelps

FM Ballard
FM Becket
FM Bekowsky
FM Biggs
FM Bishop
FM Black
FM Cafarelli
FM Carruthers
FM Chapman
FM Cohen
FM Colmyer
FM Earle
FM Fontaine
FM Gage
FM Galletta
FM Green
FM Hogeboom
FM Hopgood
FM Kalou
FM Kelso
FM Leary
FM Lichtmann
FM Mason
FM McKelty
FM Monroe
FM Morgan
FM Parker
FM Rose
FM Ryan

I personally think that our best tools here are going to be the Blackmailor and the dual Drug Dealers. their abilities make our job of deception just a little easier and if we can identify the Town Investigatives out there we can use these abilities to curb their effectiveness and out the odds in our favor.

For example:
If we are able to find a Town Investigative out there we can try and lure him into a check on someone not in our faction and give him a false feedback that leads to a mislynch. The most likely reaction that will be had from the mislynch would be that the investigative is scum or there is a framer in the game. Our primary power, judging on the selection of roles, is going to be redirection and misleads over KPN and we need to utilize that to our advantage.

However for tonight, since we do not have too much in the way of leads I am thinking that we should play it a bit more cautious tonight. We should use our Kidnapper and Consort definitely however I don't believe we should reveal we have a blackmailer this early in game just as I believe we need to keep our DD's hidden as long as possible. We need to be careful with the DDing and make sure not to give our wild drug feedbacks.

Fake Roleblocks are risky and with only one slot for Neutral Evil I believe we should also hold off on the witching and dousing drugs indefinitely until we know more, if not outright forgo them all together. I think it is more in our favor to use the DD's to give out bussing drugs over the possible feedbacks at our disposal.

Thoughts?

FM Attila
May 7th, 2013, 09:45 PM
Killed:

Your life has ended peacefully at the age of 60. You may now speak with your fellow dead friends post-mortem in the dead chat.

Auto-vest used:

You were attacked last night, and your auto-vest was used.

Attacked but used manual vest:

You were attacked last night. Good thing you used your manual-use vest to survive.

Attacked:

You were attacked.

Attacked and healed:

You were attacked and healed.

Received Soma:

You have received a dosage of Soma. You may either -use the soma to gain a second use of your night action OR -pass the soma along with a message to the player of your choice.

Blackmailed:

You have received a note. [Insert blackmailer message here]

Roleblocked:

You were roleblocked.

Target immune to roleblock:

Your target is immune to roleblock.

Immune to roleblock:

Someone tried to roleblock you last night, but you were immune.

Investigator / Consigliere results:

Your target is a [insert investigation paring here].

Disguise successful:

You sucessfully disguised as your target. Name: [insert name here] Password: [insert account password here]

Bus driven:

You were bus driven.

Poisoned:

You were poisoned.

Culted:

You were recruited to the savages as a [insert role here].

Received vest:

You received a manual-use vest.

Received gun:

You received a gun.

Doused:

Last night you were doused.

Witched:

You were witched.

Annoyed:

Someone annoyed you last night.

Student selects mentor:

Someone selected you as a mentor.

Mentor selection successful:

You successfully selected your target as a mentor.

Student's mentor died:

Your mentor died so you decide you are finally ready to replace him as a [insert role].
Your new role card is: [insert role card].

Discovered the interceptor:

As you approached your target, you discovered that he was being guarded by an interceptor. The interceptor is [insert name here].

Graverob successful:

You robbed your target and gained a single use of their ability.

Graverob not successful:

Your graverob was not successful.

Coroner:

Your target was a [insert role here]. Their last will is [insert last will].

Detective results:

Your target visited [insert name (, insert name, and insert name)].

Detective no results:

Your target did not visit anyone.

Lookout results:

Your target was visited by [insert name (, insert name, and insert name)].

Lookout no results:

Nobody visited your target.

Sheriff results:

Your target is a [member of the mafia / evil neutral / savage / not hostile (town or epsilon)].

Doctor target attacked:

Your target was attacked!

Veteran:

You noticed a visitor so you pulled out your gun to attack...

Amnesiac remembers role:

You remembered that you are a [insert role]. Your new role card is [insert role card].

Executioner win:

You breathe a sigh of relief.

Executioner target was night killed:

You look upon the dead corpse of [previous target] and decide you would rather see [new target] lynched.

Ghost death:

You were killed by [insert faction], by [insert player].

Ghost possession:

You have possessed your target.
Name: [insert name]
Password: [insert password].

Possessed by a ghost:

Last night you were possessed!

Interviewed by a journalist/corrupt journalist:

You were selected for an interview. Please submit an article of reasonable length (no pictures or videos allowed) to the host at least 1 hour before the end of night.

Jailed/devoured:

You were jailed! You may speak privately to the jailor and plead for your life.

I know some of these are a little ridiculous to look at with our possiblities but it was easier to include them rather than not.

FM Vespasian
May 8th, 2013, 02:31 AM
I'm guessing that Kidnapper have same feedback as Bus Driver, it just doesn't say so in the Feedbacks list.

Either way I agree DDers and BMer should lay low for now.

Only thing we can do would be to both fake a Bussing on diffident targets to make everyone think there is a Bus Driver more then there really is. But i would assume that any real Bus Drivers out there won't use their abilities this early anyway.

FM Ferengi
May 8th, 2013, 03:10 AM
I'm guessing that Kidnapper have same feedback as Bus Driver, it just doesn't say so in the Feedbacks list.

There is no distinction between bus driving and kidnapping feedback.

FM Leonardo
May 8th, 2013, 03:30 AM
You are correct. We are forbidden from claiming COMs in this chat. However, I think I may know who you are. If I'm correct, I haven't played any games with you before, but I've heard good things about your FM skills. And I like the direction you're heading in.

Since I first read my role card, I have been thinking of creative ways to use my ability. I have asked Clem some questions, and here is what I have learned so far:

1. My task for my target may be that they must claim blackmailed, however if they do it they will NOT be subject to the punishments that would otherwise result from the claim.

2. Though I can only blackmail one target at a time, and each target has 2 nights to complete the task I assign them, targets are NOT notified that they are no longer blackmailed. A smart town will probably wait until the second day to complete my task to force me to only act every other night and reduce my effectiveness, so I was thinking of ways to get around that, and this was one I campe up with. I could use this to our advantage if we decide I should switch targets, because they might still complete the task on the second day even though they technically wouldn't be required to do so.

3. My task may NOT be time specific. I thought another way around my 2 day limit might be to make the task something like "claim doused on day 2 and day 3". That way if they didn't do it day 2 they'd already fail and have to suicide, and if they did, I can blackmail someone else because they'll probably do it again on day 3. Unfortunatey, Clem said this was forbidden. BUT she didn't say I couldn't assign tasks that require two days. Just that it couldn't be something that would essentially result in two tasks (claiming twice, etc.). I've been racking my brains ever since (for about 10 minutes) trying to think of a way I could make something take two days without requiring a claim each day, but I can't think of one. Of course, it's also about 5:30 AM here and my brain is not exactly at its peak, so feel free to point out anything I may have missed.

4. My target is not penalized if at any point during the blackmail the task becomes impossible. So I can't tell them to vote someone we intend to kill just to make them get punished. It also doesn't count if the person is lynched during the first day of blackmail.

5. I asked if I could use the standard blackmail by making my task "Don't post in day chat". Clem said she must speak with Rocshi, so I am still waiting for a ruling on it. However she did give me a "tentative yes". So for now, I'm going to assume that is an option. It would only be for one of the two days, and they'd get to pick which one... But it's an option, nonetheless.

It occurs to me that our drug dealers can deal fake blackmails, which means we can actually have a drug dealer deal a fake blackmail to my blackmail target instructing them to do a different task from what I assigned, which could force them to complete a task each day. Even if they know one is fake, they won't know which one, and might not be willing to risk a 50/50 chance of death. The thing is, if the DD has to send the same message as me if it deals a BM on the same night I do one. So I think it'd be better (if we decide they should fake BM someone) that they do it on one of my "off" nights so they can choose their own message and add maximum confusion.

Another thing I was thinking of is killing my targets if/when they finish the tasks I set for them. If we are worried about this getting predictable, we can use our kidnapper (aka mafia bus driver, or van driver, as I like to call it) to swap our kill with some random other person and target the other person for the kill so that a doctor will get swapped into healing the random guy, and we will swap our kill onto the previously blackmailed guy.

Another thing I was thinking as far as our kills go, is that we might want to try to predict who the savages will recruit, and kill those people as they're recruited. since dead members count toward the limit, if we can somehow manage it 5 nights in a row, all that will be left is the savage godfather. This will prevent savages from getting stronger, while still reducing town's numbers since all his recruits must be either town or benign.

These are just some random thoughts I had. It's late and I'm tired and not thinking clearly, so I'll post more once I've gotten some rest.

FM Spartacus
May 8th, 2013, 03:59 AM
Hey guys! Just saying helo. I am rather busy at the moment so don't expect much strategies and other things from me. I will be more active in around 4 rl days. So stay tuned. I am a rather new player so go easy on me ok?

I think we should drug people into believing that somebody gave them soma. If they can't use soma they may speak up at day and we could get some clues about roles of others. We also might trick a town power into missusing his abilities thanks to it.

Faking a swap seems rather situational right now. Could be useful if we discover the ID of the real BD so i could block him while you guys fake a swap and we could call him out as a lier. IF there is even a bus driver to begin with.

Name sounds gay. He should like it

-block Colmyer

FM Spartacus
May 8th, 2013, 03:59 AM
-block FM Colmyer

FM Spartacus
May 8th, 2013, 04:24 AM
Actually if the drug dealers really can send messages with their blackmail drug this might be the best possible action they can do. We have no real investigative roles except the blackmailer.

I suggest we fake blackmail 2 people tonight and tell them to claim their roles in day chat with a code only we can read. So the town won't know. We could easily find the neuts with this strategy and possible night kill targets. I don't think that anyone would risk it to die to a blackmailer on N2 or N3.

Codes like. 2. Post in day 1. letter 4. word 1. sentence. If it's a G he is a citizen.

I suggest reading FM 10 if you are interested in blackmailer strategies.

Cya on Day 1

FM Spartacus
May 8th, 2013, 04:41 AM
ok?

FM Spartacus
May 8th, 2013, 04:56 AM
Annie are you ok? Are you ok? ANNIE!?

Forum Mafia GM
May 8th, 2013, 05:14 AM
Annie are you ok? Are you ok? ANNIE!?

annie dieded she was captureded by a smoof criminal

RIP in Piece Annie

Graveyard
Annie- she been hit by a smooth criminal

Also, it's sleep/commute time here, so bleh

FM Vespasian
May 8th, 2013, 05:23 AM
Speaking of BMer DDer combos.
What if we BM someone to do something, and then at the same time DDer can give a fake BM to the same person saying to do the opposite? The target would have either a 50/50 chance of doing the right thing, or they would do each thing on a day each.

For example:

BMer: Claim to be a Citizen during the day.
DDer: Announce your role during the day.

Either they do not do one of the two and have a 50% chance of getting BMer punishment.
Or they do both of the tasks (on separate days) and look suspicious for giving multiple claims.
Of course this could also alert them of it being our doing.

Another idea.

For example:

BMer: Vote for X on day 2.
DDer: Vote for Y on day 2.

Not sure if this was totally allowed, but if it is we can really cause chaos. 50% chance of BMer punishment.
I can see why it would not be allowed if it was two BMers, but in our case it is not.

FM Spartacus
May 8th, 2013, 05:32 AM
Better be on the LOOKOUT SON! SPREE KILLERS PARADISU. ~desu

FM Spartacus
May 8th, 2013, 05:56 AM
Rochsitine will give SEMEN out on N2 , N4 and N6, N8. No SEMEN in game right now.

We could Drugmail possible Soma candidates to pass that to the same target while the PedoVAN swapps it on our godfath0r.

Would be a nice idea for N2 fake blackmail actions. Problem is. Look at the roles which will get it.

ALPHAS: Mason Enforcer, Mason Clubber, Mayor

Do you believe in double roles? I don't. I believe we have at least 2 of them in this.

Mr Autoreveal has to make a decision on N3. The masons will probably use it for themselves or might consider giving it away if the savages die early. If he reveals he is endagered losing the soma to scum. I think Clemenschi did this to counter his LOLWTF ability. This makes it le pretty much confirmed.

Getting soma into our hands seems almost impossible on paper. Let's see how it plays out.

FM Spartacus
May 8th, 2013, 05:57 AM
Shit son! Have to go for real now!

uguu~

FM Spartacus
May 8th, 2013, 05:57 AM
postcount test. this should be 15

FM Spartacus
May 8th, 2013, 05:58 AM
sneaky little bastard!

Alphege
May 8th, 2013, 07:53 AM
Well this is the most ridiculously powerful mafia I have ever seen. It makes me fear what came out of the town. We can impact up to 7 players in a massive way.
I will put some more effort in shortly but im just checking in.

Alphege
May 8th, 2013, 07:55 AM
I do have a thought. I think there easily is 3 Masons.
Being that there is so many possible alphas we could see 2 enforcers and a clubber, or 2 clobbers and an enforcer. I am inclined to think the former.

Alphege
May 8th, 2013, 08:06 AM
Ok, so we don't have a framer, but clementine here has managed to give us a framer.
Drug Dealer.
It can not just frame investigative information, but can also fake detection of the interceptor which will directly peg a player as a mafia member. This is so powerful, but I think we should only use it once per drug dealer. And only use the second use after the first drug dealer has died so they are not expecting it again.

FM Vespasian
May 8th, 2013, 08:17 AM
Discovered the interceptor:

As you approached your target, you discovered that he was being guarded by an interceptor. The interceptor is [insert name here].

Attacked and healed:

Another fun idea! Fake an Interceptor!

Because we have two DDers, we can fake an Interceptor feedback and a Doctor save.
From my understanding we can then make the Interceptor feedback have any name on it we please.

So the target will get the feedback:

As you approached your target, you discovered that he was being guarded by an interceptor. The interceptor is X.
+ whatever feedback they would normally get.

At least nice to note for later use.

FM Attila
May 8th, 2013, 10:13 AM
Yes we definitely have a lot of options at our disposal however we cannot go overboard with the possiblities this early because we have almost 0 information on the town. Our powers are, from my readings, more powerful in the mid/late game than the early rounds.

I like the blackmail thoughts and I'm going to see if I can't write up some others we can try and sneak in.
Also, Spartacus, we really should use all the time we have to decide exactly what to do tonight instead of flinging around our powers willy-nilly.
However Consort is pretty straight forward but the point remains. We need to be a cohesive unit in order to win.

I'll be back a bit later as the real world calls to me.

Alphege
May 8th, 2013, 10:18 AM
I was also really hoping we would get a 7th member, thanks to that any random. What are the odds the other Godfather started with an ally?

FM Vespasian
May 8th, 2013, 10:39 AM
Already agreed that DDers and BMer should rest for now.

As for one of your other points: Neutrals
We do not want to kill them off too early, as we need them to detract the Town.

But we don't have anyway to gather information ourselves. We will have to relay on what Town can tell us, or what we can figure out for ourselves.
I'm both excited and worried about how day 1 will go. Any thoughts on how we should act doing day?

Alphege
May 8th, 2013, 10:52 AM
Pro-town?

FM Attila
May 8th, 2013, 11:32 AM
Well obviously but people have a sense for how faked the pro-town ness is.
I'd suggest being honest about any feedbacks and thoughts and such.
Just make sure not to avoid or hard buddy with each other.
Personally I will be mostly quiet but when I do post I will be attempting some "fake" post reading and the like.
I have noticed that generally when you make bigger, logical sounding posts people have a tendency to slot you as more likely town than not.
Small notice but its there. Honestly the avoiding/buddying is the biggest thing. Don't hard lurk and be active-ish in the discussion while not deliberately trying to go against the grain and avoid hard sheeping.

Alphege
May 8th, 2013, 11:50 AM
1: be honest, but not full
2: be aggressive, town is almost always the aggressor
3: don't buddy anyone, and heck we might even decide to FoS eachother

FM Attila
May 8th, 2013, 12:00 PM
It makes sense but lets not go overboard on the aggression.

Alphege
May 8th, 2013, 12:09 PM
It makes sense but lets not go overboard on the aggression.

Agreed. Example, do not just FoS 65% of the town. Odds are some of them are going to be investigative roles.

FM Leonardo
May 8th, 2013, 02:02 PM
Now that I've gotten a bit of rest I should be more cogent, although I didn't quite get as much as I'd like owing to an unexpected and early visit from a maintenance guy. In any case, I've gone ahead created a list of all the players in the game with links to their profiles. I generally find this helpful because it makes it easier to find someone and read/analyze all of their posts.

FM Ackerman (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/9287)
FM Ballard (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/9288)
FM Becket (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/9289)
FM Bekowski (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/9290)
FM Biggs (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/9291)
FM Bishop (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/9292)
FM Black (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/9293)
FM Buchwalter (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/9294)
FM Cafarelli (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/9295)
FM Carruthers (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/9296)
FM Chapman (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/9297)
FM Cohen (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/9298)
FM Colmyer (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/9299)
FM Donnelly (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/9300)
FM Dunn (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/9301)
FM Earle (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/9302)
FM Fontaine (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/9303)
FM Gage (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/9304)
FM Galletta (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/9305)
FM Galloway (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/9306)
FM Green (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/9307)
FM Hogeboom (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/9308)
FM Hopgood (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/9309)
FM Kalou (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/9310)
FM Kelso (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/9311)
FM Leary (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/9312)
FM Lichtmann (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/9313)
FM Mason (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/9314)
FM McKelty (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/9315)
FM Mendez (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/9316)
FM Monroe (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/9317)
FM Morgan (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/9318)
FM Parker (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/9319)
FM Phelps (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/9320)
FM Rose
FM Ryan (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/9321)

You may have noticed FM Rose is not a link... For some reason that profile could not be found. It was not in alphabetical order with the rest (the profiles skip straight from Phelps, to Ryan). I've tried digging a bit, but I can't find it, so I'll just wait until it posts in the day chat and get the profile link from there.

FM Leonardo
May 8th, 2013, 02:33 PM
Here are the night chat accounts, with links:

First, the almighty
Soma Dealers:
FM Vespasian (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/9323)
FM Leonardo (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/9324)
FM Alphege (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/9326)
FM Attila (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/9327)
FM Artaxerxes (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/9328)
FM Spartacus (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/9329)

Miscellaneous:
FM Theodore Elcke (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/9322)
FM Cajetan (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/9325)
FM Ganghis (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/9330)
FM Temujin (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/9331)
FM Origen (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/9332)
FM Lyn (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/9333)
FM Juvenal (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/9334)

Now, we can't see the posts of the other night chats, so this isn't very useful for post analysis. But we can determine a few things from this. First, you'll notice that there are 7 other night chat accounts. This is strange, because I'd expect there to be at least 8. Two for the masons and 6 for the savages.

But there are 7. This doesn't make sense at all. 6 of them would have to be for the savages, which would leave one left for the masons. This doesn't work because if there were only one mason, why would it need a night chat account? To talk to itself? It can't recruit, and even if it could, it would likely get the same treatment as the savages and have accounts ready for the recruits.

I doubt they just made 5 savage accounts and then thought "Nah, we'll make the sixth one later". So my theory is that there is at least one missing night account that was created around the same time as FM Rose. When Rose posts and I get the profile link for him/her, I'll be able to look around the time the account was made and see if I can find more night chat accounts. My theory when I first read the setup was that there would be 3 masons, so if I was right there should be two accounts missing.

FM Leonardo
May 8th, 2013, 02:37 PM
Already agreed that DDers and BMer should rest for now.

As for one of your other points: Neutrals
We do not want to kill them off too early, as we need them to detract the Town.

But we don't have anyway to gather information ourselves. We will have to relay on what Town can tell us, or what we can figure out for ourselves.
I'm both excited and worried about how day 1 will go. Any thoughts on how we should act doing day?

I notice you included purple in the word 'neutrals', so I think I should remind everyone that the Savages are NOT neutral. As far as we're concerned, they might as well be town. They have the most potential for gathering information and thus are our biggest enemy until they are eliminated.

The benigns and evils, however, do not concern us for the time being. I think we should try to find the evil(s) if possible and get them on our side, so keep an eye out for anyone who might be sympathetic to our cause.

FM Leonardo
May 8th, 2013, 02:46 PM
Also, since you guys were discussing ideas for how to post during the day, what do you guys think about me masking my posting style in the day? I find that stupidity is often mistaken as town only quality, and was thinking of making myself appear stupid in the day chat in order to avoid suspicion. This would essentially cause town to leave me alone because I'm obviously "stupid town" and savages wouldn't want to recruit me (why waste limited spots with an idiot) and evils would probably not care about killing me because I wouldn't be helping town much anyway. Methods of doing this would include frequent grammatical errors as well as suggesting and agreeing with arguments that don't make much logical sense as well as FoSing people who FoS me.

What do you guys think of that?

FM Leonardo
May 8th, 2013, 04:06 PM
Day accounts that currently have avatars:

So far these players are likely to be more experienced than the other players because they have already chosen an avatar. I think tonight all of our targets should come from this list so as to maximize our chances of doing the most damage and spreading the most confusion.

Our Consort has already expressed a desire to block Colmyer, who just so happens to be on the list. Since we have nothing else to go on at the moment, I say why not.

I also recommend killing FM Gage. Gage's avatar comes from a TV show I watch. Sure it's arbitrary, but hey, it's night one.

I also determined that the best way to make use of our drug dealers while keeping them secret is to use at least one of them to prevent people from receiving their night feedback. Since we don't yet know what roles are in the game, it might be foolish to give out fake feedback tonight since we might give something out that is later proven to be imposible, which would reveal the existence of our drug dealer (unless we decide we want to reveal a drug dealer so that town questions all their feedback, which could be a viable strategy).

Clem has told me that bolded red text in this hat is sufficient for submitting actions, so in case none of you get on before night ends...

Preliminary Night Actions:
Godfather: Kill FM Gage
Consort: Block FM Colmyer
Blackmailer: Blackmail FM Bishop with the task "Do not speak during the day"
Kidnapper: Swap FM Mason and FM Monroe
Drug Dealer #1: Prevent feedback to FM Kelso
Drug Dealer #2: Prevent feedback to FM Cafarelli

As I said, these actions are preliminary, so if any of you have better ideas for any of these, be sure to mention it and if we decide we prefer your idea, we can change things accordingly.

FM Attila
May 8th, 2013, 04:11 PM
Selection of an avatar =/= experience in FMs from what I have seen.
It is however a sign of activity and these players, assumedly, would be the most likely to be active in the game, as they have expressed a desire to in some way personalize their account.

I wonder if it is against the rules to BM a target with the task Claim blackmailed during the day.

BM is a feedback and the BM card suggests that any feedback claiming can be assigned a task.

FM Attila
May 8th, 2013, 04:13 PM
Also, since you guys were discussing ideas for how to post during the day, what do you guys think about me masking my posting style in the day? I find that stupidity is often mistaken as town only quality, and was thinking of making myself appear stupid in the day chat in order to avoid suspicion. This would essentially cause town to leave me alone because I'm obviously "stupid town" and savages wouldn't want to recruit me (why waste limited spots with an idiot) and evils would probably not care about killing me because I wouldn't be helping town much anyway. Methods of doing this would include frequent grammatical errors as well as suggesting and agreeing with arguments that don't make much logical sense as well as FoSing people who FoS me.
What do you guys think of that?

I wouldn't be adverse to that action however I would greatly advise caution.
Don't go looking for stupid arugments to buddy with.

FM Attila
May 8th, 2013, 04:15 PM
Day accounts that currently have avatars:

So far these players are likely to be more experienced than the other players because they have already chosen an avatar. I think tonight all of our targets should come from this list so as to maximize our chances of doing the most damage and spreading the most confusion.

Our Consort has already expressed a desire to block Colmyer, who just so happens to be on the list. Since we have nothing else to go on at the moment, I say why not.

I also recommend killing FM Gage. Gage's avatar comes from a TV show I watch. Sure it's arbitrary, but hey, it's night one.

I also determined that the best way to make use of our drug dealers while keeping them secret is to use at least one of them to prevent people from receiving their night feedback. Since we don't yet know what roles are in the game, it might be foolish to give out fake feedback tonight since we might give something out that is later proven to be imposible, which would reveal the existence of our drug dealer (unless we decide we want to reveal a drug dealer so that town questions all their feedback, which could be a viable strategy).

Clem has told me that bolded red text in this hat is sufficient for submitting actions, so in case none of you get on before night ends...

Godfather: Kill FM Gage
Consort: Block FM Colmyer
Kidnapper: Swap FM Mason and FM Monroe
Drug Dealer #1: Prevent feedback to FM Kelso
Drug Dealer #2: Prevent feedback to FM Cafarelli

As I said, these actions are preliminary, so if any of you have better ideas for any of these, be sure to mention it and if we decide we prefer your idea, we can change things accordingly.

I'd like to suggest a few changes:

Kidnapper:
Swap FM Mason with FM Earle
Blackmailor:
Blackmail FM Monroe with the task claim blackmailed {if possible. and if it is not with the task already suggested}

FM Leonardo
May 8th, 2013, 04:16 PM
Selection of an avatar =/= experience in FMs from what I have seen.
It is however a sign of activity and these players, assumedly, would be the most likely to be active in the game, as they have expressed a desire to in some way personalize their account.

I wonder if it is against the rules to BM a target with the task Claim blackmailed during the day.

BM is a feedback and the BM card suggests that any feedback claiming can be assigned a task.

I posted a bit further up about this. It is allowed, but they will not be subject to the penalties that would otherwise result from claiming blackmailed.

And I know avatars don't always necessarily equate to experience, but to give you an idea, I did a similar analysis in the last FM, and 3 out of the 6 people had night chats, 1 was a power role, and 2 were citizens. And of those players, only 1 was a new player.

But either way, like you said, they are more likely to be active, so I still deem them our best options as targets for tonight.

FM Leonardo
May 8th, 2013, 04:18 PM
I'd like to suggest a few changes:

Kidnapper:
Swap FM Mason with FM Earle
Blackmailor:
Blackmail FM Monroe with the task claim blackmailed {if possible. and if it is not with the task already suggested}

Out of curiosity, why Earle?

And why have the person claim blackmailed? All that will do is make my existence known, which helps the town and doesn't really do anything for us at all.

Alphege
May 8th, 2013, 04:25 PM
Have we given thought to blocking the blackmail feedback?

If we give a blackmail demand but also negate it, is the person responsable for the action or is it deemed impossible?

Also, we might consider hiding one, if not both, of my bus feedbacks.
This would allow any of us to claim bussed should an unlucky investigation befall us, and a simple out would be to say the dead was swapped.

My bussing is sketchy, especially early.
Blackmailing to be 'silenced' is weak. I suggest we demand that person claim a role. The Blackmailer is a quassi Ventriloquist and I think we should be aggressive with it.

Alphege
May 8th, 2013, 04:36 PM
my thoughts
Kill- someone with an avatar, that point was 10/10, those are the experienced (or at least invested) players
block- repeat
blackmail- with a demand, some kind of gambit like an early claim or early lead. we might even gambit with this as well and demand he accuse one of us. WIFOMcity
swap- either the person we plan on killing or someone we plan on silencing with drug dealer
drug dealer- i would prefer poisoned, blacksmith items, dousing, witching, another blackmail

in line with the interceptor idea we might give some thought to drugging a student into the game. (depending on the answer to this question)

How will a Student drug look? since we cant make up a night chat

Alphege
May 8th, 2013, 04:38 PM
Architect and Mafia architect are not listed on the feedback messages.

FM Ferengi
May 8th, 2013, 04:47 PM
I wonder if it is against the rules to BM a target with the task Claim blackmailed during the day..

This is allowed, however there will be no penalties for claiming blackmailed since it's what you directed a player to do.

If we give a blackmail demand but also negate it, is the person responsable for the action or is it deemed impossible?

The Drug Dealer cannot prevent a player from receiving feedback from his fellow mafia members. This is listed in the Drug Dealer role card to prevent players from being blackmailed but unaware of the conditions of their blackmail.

How will a Student drug look? since we cant make up a night chat

Someone selected you as a mentor.

Student/cult/jailing/devouring/architect/mafia architect chat information is sent out at the beginning of night. Specific chat information and anon account information cannot be sent out by a drug dealer.

FM Attila
May 8th, 2013, 04:48 PM
Out of curiosity, why Earle?

And why have the person claim blackmailed? All that will do is make my existence known, which helps the town and doesn't really do anything for us at all.

The idea was having them subjected to a negative choice vs a negative choice.
However re-reading it is a little unneeded.
Your suggestion is much more beneficial for a first night.

A randomizer I used suggested that FM Earle is in the 40-50% targeted n1 range.

FM Ferengi
May 8th, 2013, 04:48 PM
Architect and Mafia architect are not listed on the feedback messages.

Good point. I'll edit in the message. Thanks for catching that.

FM Ferengi
May 8th, 2013, 04:52 PM

FYI, still waiting for an official ruling from FM Game Master on whether or not "Do not speak during the day" is an acceptable blackmailing task.

Alphege
May 8th, 2013, 05:32 PM
A randomizer I used suggested that FM Earle is in the 40-50% targeted n1 range.

.... wut?

FM Attila
May 8th, 2013, 06:11 PM
Its like random.org.
I randomized 100 times and averaged it out.

Forum Mafia GM
May 8th, 2013, 06:14 PM

The hosts have decided that "Do not speak during the day" is a blackmail that is detrimental to the game overall, and we have ruled against it. Please choose another action.

FM Leonardo
May 8th, 2013, 07:39 PM
The hosts have decided that "Do not speak during the day" is a blackmail that is detrimental to the game overall, and we have ruled against it. Please choose another action.

Hmm... Well that's a bit annoying. Ok. I guess change my action to:

Blackmail FM Bishop with the task "Claim investigator"

FM Leonardo
May 8th, 2013, 07:42 PM
Hmm... Well that's a bit annoying. Ok. I guess change my action to:

Blackmail FM Bishop with the task "Claim investigator"

Unless someone else wants to argue that there's a better task I should give. But apparently we've got about 20 minutes left until the night action deadline, so be quick about it.