PDA

View Full Version : Game of Thrones: Episode 23

Brendan
April 14th, 2013, 09:57 PM
what the fuck

Necrobanned
April 15th, 2013, 12:37 AM
I liked this episode compared to the last two.

Successes:

-Tyrion dragging his chair around the council table to piss off his father and sister
-Sandor Clegane hitting his head when entering the wagon
-Podrick gets laid, and the whores like him so much they refuse his gold
-Edmure Tully failing hard at shooting arrows, and FINALLY they show Riverrun in the show

Fails:

-showing Theon about to get buttraped, I mean this is the best HBO could do to the Theon plotline? WHERE IS RAMSAY???
-showing the Ironborn as chasing Theon down. This never happened in the books.
-anytime Queen Jeyne "The Medic" has a scene, I cringe.
-Gilly giving birth in a shack instead of in Craster's Keep, in the books Sam goes outside to ESCAPE the noise!
-Missandei is supposed to be a little Naathi scribe, 11 years old, and white. They instead gave us a 25-year old black woman.

I think it was cruel what Theon went through at the hands of Ramsay Bolton, but GRRM did write it. I have a fear that HBO is about to RELEASE THEON back into the hands of his family, and he won't end up losing any fingers.

Brendan
April 15th, 2013, 03:09 PM
Theon was "saved" by Ramsay, no?

Brendan
April 15th, 2013, 03:09 PM
Also the music over the credits was the best part.

pebrock
April 15th, 2013, 03:17 PM
This whole season made me wish I never read the book. :/

Necrobanned
April 15th, 2013, 03:27 PM
Theon was "saved" by Ramsay, no?

This is possible. In the books, Ramsay (disguised as Reek) aides Theon in his capture of Winterfell, and only reveals himself when he returns with an army of northmen.

It could be that this is Ramsay in disguise, but very unlikely. When Ramsay was in disguise, he suggested flaying some captives, which Theon refused to do. So far, the new guy has been totally compassionate. But it's possible HBO will have him surprise Theon as Ramsay.

Nazzhoul
April 15th, 2013, 03:57 PM
Miscellaneous thought, irrelevant to this episode:
What if Jon is the child of Rhaegar and Lysanna?

Brendan
April 15th, 2013, 04:14 PM
Miscellaneous thought, irrelevant to this episode:
What if Jon is the child of Rhaegar and Lysanna?

It's confirmed he's not. I don't remember who but his mother is already revealed.

Nazzhoul
April 15th, 2013, 04:29 PM
It's confirmed he's not. I don't remember who but his mother is already revealed.

That story about the girl who ferried him across some river during the rebellion? It seemed to me that that wasn't true when I was reading.

Necrobanned
April 16th, 2013, 01:18 AM
The Lyanna Stark reference is only lightly hinted at throughout the first book, when Ned keeps repeating her last words: "Promise me, Ned." So far, GRRM hasn't revealed what that promise is. A lot of fans believe that Jon Snow is a Targaryen, as the "promise" could have been "keep him a secret and don't let them kill him." because if Robert knew, he would have.

In "A Storm of Swords", Beric Donarrion's squire, Ned (his nickname) was speaking with Arya during their journey. He explains that when he was a child, he and Jon Snow were "milk brothers", because he used Jon Snow's alleged mother, Wylla, as a wet nurse. He also swears this on the honor of his House, and reveals himself as Edric Dayne, Lord of Starfall.

However, he also reveals that his aunt, Lady Ashara Dayne and Eddard Stark were in love, but didn't reveal more than that, and that she jumped off a cliff to her death because of a broken heart.

There is also a theory from Lord Godric Borrell of "The Sisters", an island chain sworm to House Manderly. He talks about a fisherman and his daughter who helped transport Ned safely back to the North at the beginning of Robert's Rebellion. The fisherman died, but the daughter saw Ned safely to shore. He claims that Ned left her with a bag of silver and a bastard in her belly, that she named Jon snow after Lord Jon Arryn of the Vale.