PDA

View Full Version : I totally do not want to suffer from stict policy from professors.

louiswill
April 11th, 2013, 10:33 PM
I missed on my class, and now I suffer both on assignments and stuff~~~

I totally was asked to write a letter but I do not think those professors will care anyway.

They are kings and queens in classroom after all.

Students are not paid but only suffer from mistakes....

DAYUMN IT @$!%#@!&$%$^*#%*%^#@^

This is how I suck their~#~~#~#~#~#~

They maybe some grammar Nazi too! I am owned.

Professor Francis:

After class on Thursday (today), I rushed to you to ask about the essay and homework policy, and you wanted me sent a email of what happened.

As you have already known, I missed the first class.

Therefore, I did not know about the homework by Tuesday.

On Tuesday, I also knew that you notified us before the class that

1. due wed : practice sheet

2. due wed : finish chapter 0 and chapter 1

You did say that you sent out the sample essay, which I did receive.

By then, I did not know any of the assignment is actually about.

I derived that the practice sheet was some handout and we should finish read chapter 0 and 1.

However, I did ask a classmate about the assignment on Tuesday.

After that I knew that there was a practice sheet assignment, but I was not told anything about the essay.

After class on Tuesday, I asked you about the practice sheet and received one. Thank you very much.

Before Wednesday class, I have finished reading of Chapter 0 (which I guessed is the "to the student") and Chapter 1.

Therefore, I was able to complete the practice sheet with a 100 in score and had a smooth understanding in your excellent class.

However, unfortunately,

I guessed that the essay was due after the lecture of Chapter.

It was later proven that you wanted us wrote essay before each chapter.

By Wednesday, I also could not figure out where to write practice sheet, essay and homework.

I read syllabus which said you preferred white blank paper for homework.

The evidence is that I submitted the practice in a White Print Paper instead of the composition note book, though I had the composition book as required by Monday's lab.

On Wednesday, because I saw other people submitted their composition book, I inferred that practice sheet should be wrote in the composition book.

Again I was wrong because I also inferred that,

if any essay or homework were required to write in the composition book then no one is able to write because the books are submitted for the practice sheet.

Since I knew that Homework due Friday, you would give the composition book back on Thursday.

Those are the two wrong inferences.

I did not write essay because I thought the essay due after the chapter was finished, and if it should be written in composition book, it should be wrote after you give the book back, which is either Friday or next Monday. It also made sense to me because I know there was going to be a quiz on Thursday which need to be prepared.

On Thursday (today), during chat with another classmate, I learned that the Essay 1 is already done. (the classmate also told me the essay is extremely time consuming)

Then today, you told us that essay 2 were going to due next Monday. I was half right: An Essay is due on Monday, but it is essay TWO.

After class on Thursday (today), I rushed to you to ask about the essay and homework, and you wanted me sent a email of what happened.

----------------------------------

The past was my responsibility and there is nothing to argue about no matter how unlucky it seems.

The thing I had to argue for my grade was about the two policies below:

Quote:

v) How to turn in HW:

HW (either essays or regular assignment) will be due at the beginning of lecture class. You must submit it on my desk at the beginning of class prior the finish of class announcements (announcements are given at the beginning of every class and are usually finished 2 minutes after official class time).

Late to class: If you are late to class then it is your responsibility to discretely drop the HW on the HW desk (near front of class) as soon as you enter the class (so that you get no advantage as HW problems are discussed in class)

viii) Homework Excellence Final Course Grade Bonus
Any student who submits every homework/chapter essay and get a 70 % score on every HW/Chapter ding reading Essay receives a 2.0 point bonus on the final grade for the class. A student who submits every HW/chapter reading Essay and averages over 75 % gets a 1.5 % bonus on final grade for class. Students can get either 2 % bonus or 1.5% bonus (not both)

---------------------------------

In my behalf, I argued for a second chance to let me receive credit from essay 1.

for Two reasons:

First, the essay has no advantage from late submission whether HomeWorks (the problems) can.

HW can be taken advantaged because the discussion, but the essay was a summary and understanding of the book, which no one can taken advantage on late submitting.

Only the people who read the book can wrote the essay, it is not entirely in lecture.

Second,

The policy indicated that if I had done all work I should do, I would receive a bonus which is essential to be successful in your class.

I personally think I am a diligent student. (at least I get the good score on practice sheet and obviously shown all my work was not done by calculator)

I believe I deserve a chance to make it up.

I was late on Monday. It would be a big penalty if I had to suffer another two consequences for one mistake.

Therefore, I plea you to be mercy on my case for essay 1, since I have proved that I did the read. Hopefully, I can prove it by today's quiz.

Necrobanned
April 12th, 2013, 04:54 AM
Talk to the Dean, he'll mess him up!

Admiral
April 12th, 2013, 06:48 AM
I ain't readin' that shit.

You're not the first and you wont be the last person in college.

Cryptonic
April 12th, 2013, 06:53 AM
Why did you miss class?
Also, I think you should talk to your teacher. If you send him that letter, he's going to think you're a joke because he has to translate it to English.

Also, if you miss class, email a fellow classmate or the proff and ask what you missed/what needs to be done.