PDA

View Full Version : Cult D:

Auckmid
August 23rd, 2011, 08:10 PM
It is now Night 4. The maximum Cult size is currently 4, and on the verge of increasing to 5. Any ideas on how badly the Cult has spread?

FalseTruth
August 23rd, 2011, 08:11 PM
You guys should all guess who is culted, it will be fun for me to watch and you guys can look back on your guesses after the game is up.

Auckmid
August 23rd, 2011, 08:16 PM
You guys should all guess who is culted, it will be fun for me to watch and you guys can look back on your guesses after the game is up.
That makes it sound like your speaking to Phile or McPwnage, and some of there comrades are culted...

FalseTruth
August 23rd, 2011, 08:23 PM
That makes it sound like your speaking to Phile or McPwnage, and some of there comrades are culted...

Nope, no hidden meaning. I promise.

CaressMeTenderly
August 23rd, 2011, 09:16 PM
I'm rooting for cult ATM.

Yayap
August 23rd, 2011, 10:17 PM
Hmm... after assuming that Monster might be cult leader rather than Oops and re-reading everything

Monster = Leader
N1 = I think Crimson jailed Monster

Gunsmith, I'm actually town. Ask Monster. He'd know...

I will shoot Darth Sand.

Crimson:n2 I think that was intentional on crimsons part
Miles:n3 safe town role if he read my will

philie
August 24th, 2011, 03:37 AM
vornskr
oops
zack
monster
how wrong am i?

Raiden
August 24th, 2011, 04:47 AM
Hmm well, monster isn't cult leader. I'm pretty sure mcpwnage confirmed him as the last mafioso, and i was actually convinced he was red mafia by illidan's post earlier today.

Oops is a much more likely candidate now, as well as SAS. Zack... i wouldn't play like that if i were a cult leader. I'm starting to doubt about some of the most believed early claims, like Ascended as a sheriff or fred as investigator. There's always the possibility that one of them is cult leader with a subordinate culted sheriff/invest. Being in control of one mafia and sk pretty much guarantees your survivability through the night.

My cultists list is:

n1 vornksr
n2 rumpel
n3 ascended (come on you can't tell me he would defend vornksr as a gunsmith if he wasn't involved in some way)
(n4-a) claw? i wouldn't kill him as the orange mafia, and i wouldn't lynch him tomorrow either. He'd bring a fair amount of info to the cult: names of the other reds and roles of the sanitized people including next night kill. He will also count as a vote against the kill of the cult leader.
(n4-b) mrsmarter? Obviously a good target, but i think he will die tonight.
(n4-c) divemaster127? Same as mrsmarter.

Auckmid
August 24th, 2011, 08:14 AM
I think Monster, Zane(lol), Crimson and Vonskr

Yayap
August 24th, 2011, 08:20 AM
wait... just noticed that crimson could have been part of the cult when he said the quote above... and wasn't necessarily jailed.

My new guess:
Vornskr n1: I think philie may have been onto him in night chat AND it the fact I named monster as well as orange team would make him panic even more. Also explains the 5 man team I was seeing day 2.

Crimson n2: if monster didn't see crimsons slip as jailor, Vorskr would have

Miles n3: safe recruit and I have a hunch.

n4 : ? I haven't been able to see the new recruit talk yet. Can't tell until Day V. Good recruits would be Divemaster or MrSmarter

Auckmid
August 24th, 2011, 08:29 AM
wait... just noticed that crimson could have been part of the cult when he said the quote above... and wasn't necessarily jailed.

My new guess:
Vornskr n1: I think philie may have been onto him in night chat AND it the fact I named monster as well as orange team would make him panic even more. Also explains the 5 man team I was seeing day 2.

Crimson n2: if monster didn't see crimsons slip as jailor, Vorskr would have

Miles n3: safe recruit and I have a hunch.

n4 : ? I haven't been able to see the new recruit talk yet. Can't tell until Day V. Good recruits would be Divemaster or MrSmarter

Why do you think they will want to recruit Townies? If it were me, I would find a Doctor, Cult him, then focus on worming my way into one of the mafia familys.

Yayap
August 24th, 2011, 08:43 AM
Right now they would have Vorn and I think he doesn't want to take the risk of recruiting more mafia or the sk. They look like they will be lynched shortly.

Raiden
August 24th, 2011, 11:47 AM
Ok since i misread about monster, this thread assumed a whole new meaning. I agree with yayap, monster could have been jailed or be the cult leader. If both things are true, there is one less cultist... which is good for us. However, at this point monster might as well be town. I find it hard, but not impossible.

By the way, my recruits list remains the same. If the leader recruited vorn n1, why wouldn't you get rumpel n2? And ascended is involved with the cult one way or another. I don't believe they culted the jailor, seeing as how useless he would become.

Goonswarm
August 24th, 2011, 11:56 AM
Cult Leader was jailed night 1. Being that the Jailor is a complete fuckup and retard, and after only having 1 kill the following day, as well as the CL claiming doctor, he decided to random jail someone else and say nothing to anyone.

Jailor = 100% Pure concentrated retarded fuckfail.

Seriously, you would have to try to be this awful.

/endrant

McJesus
August 24th, 2011, 12:10 PM
Cult Leader was jailed night 1. Being that the Jailor is a complete fuckup and retard, and after only having 1 kill the following day, as well as the CL claiming doctor, he decided to random jail someone else and say nothing to anyone.

/endrant

lol wow that is retarded. I guess the cult is weaker than we thought honestly after one kill I would have probably executed the guy I jailed first night and he should at least speak up now that divemaster has claimed the only doc left.

Goonswarm
August 24th, 2011, 12:11 PM

/endrant

lol wow that is retarded. I guess the cult is weaker than we thought honestly after one kill I would have probably executed the guy I jailed first night and he should at least speak up now that divemaster has claimed the only doc left.

Jailor might be culted now >.>

philie
August 24th, 2011, 12:19 PM
Pls tell me they didnt cult illidan^^

Yayap
August 24th, 2011, 12:20 PM
Cult Leader was jailed night 1.

LOL, my first suspicion was right.
And yes, he is not helping town, after he killed NorthStar, I had no confidence in his abilities. He should have killed someone I listed, especially Monster.

McJesus
August 24th, 2011, 12:22 PM
to be fair monster might be town, I was convinced he was mafia in forum mafia II but he turned out to be a mason. I think it might just be his playstyle.

Goonswarm
August 24th, 2011, 12:25 PM
Cult Leader was jailed night 1.

LOL, my first suspicion was right.
And yes, he is not helping town, after he killed NorthStar, I had no confidence in his abilities. He should have killed someone I listed, especially Monster.

You sir have already won an award imo. For reasons I can't say yet.

S.A.S.Cnl.Alpha
August 25th, 2011, 03:53 AM
Yapyap - winner of the worst death for town.

Auckmid
August 25th, 2011, 09:02 AM
Divemaster is almost certainly culted. He refused to side with the mayor, not even at the very end.

Goonswarm
August 25th, 2011, 09:18 AM
Divemaster is almost certainly culted. He refused to side with the mayor, not even at the very end.

Being culted would mean you were being led by monster and thus would not act completely retarded.

Auckmid
August 25th, 2011, 09:34 AM

Being culted would mean you were being led by monster and thus would not act completely retarded.
So, are you saying Divemaster may actualy not be Culted, just retarted?

Goonswarm
August 25th, 2011, 09:41 AM

To be fair he has played well and made good calls most of the game. Just acting silly is all.

Auckmid
August 25th, 2011, 11:52 AM

To be fair he has played well and made good calls most of the game. Just acting silly is all.
Maybe, but if he isn't culted, then his actions today make no sence.

Raiden
August 26th, 2011, 12:39 PM
@monster: may i ask why did you cult those two? At least vornksr, claw and severn were obvious scum to me. Why not them?

Crimson and Miles died (and i really didn't believe False) so they are confirmed cultists. I also believe you culted the sk (town-aligned deads, really...).

I'd like to hear your reasoning, i respect you as a player and i'm sure you had valid motives for recruiting those two. I'm terribly curious :P

monster
August 26th, 2011, 12:55 PM
Well, the voting has ended so.....

My reasoning for recruiting Crimson is simple: I had claimed doctor to him in jail and there were kills missing and other people claiming docs the next day, so I had to get him asap before he started sharing info with the town. Why did I claim doc to him instead of citizen? Because I had no way of knowing who is the jailor - there might have been players who would autoexecute people who claim citizen to them in jail, deeming it acceptable loss. I mean there were 8 citizens at start and 13 non-town roles.

Why MileS - now that is the retarded reason I mentioned earlier. Basically I was obsessed with culting the jailor my first night, but when I thought I had him 100% I started doubting myself and switching my vote around. I was semi-drunk that night and though it would be funny to cult the middle person in the name list, completely random. Turns out - out of 33 people the 17th was me. So I went with the 16th name that was MileS. Lesson learned - Don't drink and cult.

Why Claw - because I wanted a mafia member. I had him as red GF from day2, was very surprised he was actually janitor. :)

Raiden
August 26th, 2011, 01:04 PM
My reasoning for recruiting Crimson is simple: I had claimed doctor to him in jail and there were kills missing and other people claiming docs the next day, so I had to get him asap before he started sharing info with the town. Why did I claim doc to him instead of citizen? Because I had no way of knowing who is the jailor - there might have been players who would autoexecute people who claim citizen to them in jail, deeming it acceptable loss. I mean there were 8 citizens at start and 13 non-town roles.

Completely understandable if you were jailed. You didn't have any clue about the janitor at this point, did you? That was your only other option available.

Why MileS - now that is the retarded reason I mentioned earlier. Basically I was obsessed with culting the jailor my first night, but when I thought I had him 100% I started doubting myself and switching my vote around. I was semi-drunk that night and though it would be funny to cult the middle person in the name list, completely random. Turns out - out of 33 people the 17th was me. So I went with the 16th name that was MileS. Lesson learned - Don't drink and cult.

Ehh... well, yes. You could have done better :P

Why Claw - because I wanted a mafia member. I had him as red GF from day2, was very surprised he was actually janitor. :)

So you did lie about the sk, lol. Well i had Claw as third recruit in some of the other posts. Good choice, although i was assuming you were already in control of at least 1 kpn. I would probably have taken the sk.

Yayap
August 26th, 2011, 01:07 PM

Wow... just wow, I can't believe I'm picking out all the cult. (read my guess of your last recruit in day V.)
Dang, evil roles are gonna kill me extra fast if the next game isn't anonymous.

Darth Sand
August 26th, 2011, 01:10 PM

Wow... just wow, I can't believe I'm picking out all the cult. (read my guess of your last recruit in day V.)
Dang, evil roles are gonna kill me extra fast if the next game isn't anonymous.

You should hope for being a role with a vest. You will probably get healed night one as well but it might not be enough :D