PDA

View Full Version : Disguised as mason: Ally list

cxx
March 20th, 2013, 04:00 PM
Well well, so I disguised as a mason the other day. For me, my ally/team list changed (my old name was replaced with my target's name). For the other mason and the mason leader, nothing changed at all. They noticed me though since disguiser did not clean his target's roles in that setup.

So, I used to think/remember it worked as described here:
http://wiki.sc2mafia.com/en/index.php/Disguiser

"Disguisers will not participate in Mason or Cultist night chat and will not be in their allies list, meaning it is generally a very bad idea to purposefully disguise as that role if their allies are still alive."

So have I encounter a bug or is the wiki entry not up to date?

Lysergic
March 20th, 2013, 04:28 PM
Can you attach a replay so we can see it from their perspective?

Slaol
March 20th, 2013, 04:33 PM
I got this achievement before.
The disguised Mason remained in the allies list, and could only be found by not being cleaned or by not participating in the Mason chat, but it appears that the Mason list is not effected.

cxx
March 20th, 2013, 05:01 PM
Starts at about 10:30

Yes, it seems the mason team list is unaffected by the disguising. Seems like a bug to me and I'm quite sure it was not like that... maybe like 2 years ago.

ika
March 20th, 2013, 05:19 PM
Starts at about 10:30

Yes, it seems the mason team list is unaffected by the disguising. Seems like a bug to me and I'm quite sure it was not like that... maybe like 2 years ago.

how i remember it works is that the person appears to be alive. however you cant chat with them. the fact that you dont clean role was the bad part. if you clean role he stays there in mason chat but doesnt chat at all, the thing is its up to masons to figure out that you took his role

cxx
March 20th, 2013, 05:53 PM
Look at the quote from the mafia wiki in post 1.

ika
March 20th, 2013, 09:30 PM
Look at the quote from the mafia wiki in post 1.

i still remmeber it that the person is "alive" in their chat its just not able to chat in it but i will let the mods try to figure it out. i think the wiki is slighly wrong on that fact

Voss
March 21st, 2013, 11:37 AM
no... the person definitely disappears. the wiki is right.

Cryptonic
March 21st, 2013, 11:46 AM
if a disguiser takes over a mason, he still appears to be alive to the other masons.
Source: I am amazing.
But seriously, it does still show up as alive. I've played both situations where I became a Mason as Disguiser, and where I was a Mason and my Mason buddy got converted.

cxx
March 21st, 2013, 01:04 PM
Yes.
So is it intended to work that way or a bug?

Damus_Graves
March 21st, 2013, 01:23 PM
Working as intended in my opinion.

ika
March 21st, 2013, 02:08 PM
Yes.
So is it intended to work that way or a bug?

its intended to work that way. i think the wiki phrased it weirdly. technacly the mason is dead and the person died, but they appear alive in the group but just dont chat in there

Damus_Graves
March 21st, 2013, 02:10 PM
I've been able to chat in Mason chatroom before as a disguised mason.