PDA

View Full Version : Recruitment

MileS
August 21st, 2011, 04:53 PM
Hey monster. I'm a citizen with no real concrete info. I got witched night 1.

Aside from the obvious claims, I think I've been able to infer the following:
Assuming you claimed Doctor to the Jailor night 1, I think it's safe to say that Crimson is the Jailor since he claims to know who you are, and I think he kind of claimed day 2.
I think Claw has both armor and a gun, and Deolrin is the Armorsmith. Claw said that he didn't get any items night 1, and later Deolrin called him out for lying about something. For Claw to know what Deolrin is as well as Deolrin knowing Claw lied must mean that Deolrin is a smith, probably the Armorsmith.
Assuming Deolrin is the armorsmith, Inca_Killa must be evil and trying to false claim or an investigative role to know that philie isn't the armorsmith.

I'm not completely sure of anything, but I think they should be correct or close to correct. I haven't really been looking for secret codes, and I didn't really start taking notes until day 3, so you probably know more than I do.

As for recruitments tonight, I think it's kind of hard to decide what the best option would be. I wouldn't mind calling Claw's bluff about Ascended, but it's really risky. Fred is risky too, and I wouldn't be surprised if Claw actually shoots Fred instead of Ascended. Recruiting either brings us into heavy WIFOM territory.

I thought Claw was a good target early in the day but I'm not sure after his end of the day tirade, not to mention he really moved into the spotlight toward the day's end.

Crimson and Deolrin I think are really good targets, assuming I'm correct about their roles. Crimson probably won't be able to jail much anymore, but he should be the only one who knows about your doctor claim (assuming you did claim doc to the jailor), and having him on our side can help cover things up, as well as giving us more info about at least one other person. He also has a gun. Deolrin, on the other hand, has a useful role and has been out of the spotlight and it seems generally unsuspected by most people.

I guess Rumpel could be a possible target too. He could really be the doctor, I guess he could also be the serial killer. Not a huge fan of him though. Inca_Killa is another possibility, but I think it's likely that he'd get investigated or killed soon.

We could also try to hunt down a mafia member too, but momentum seems to be in the town's favor at the moment. I think we'd be a bit better off trying to grab another townie, but ultimately it's up to you.

monster
August 21st, 2011, 10:08 PM
Well, I think I will go for Crimson tonight simply because I claimed a role to him and if 1-2 doctors die I am screwed. He is really unpredictable - he might keep quiet or he might try to accuse me of being serial killer or something. Ultimately it was very unfortunate that I got jailed and the cult is one member short. So whoever we pick we are missing an opportunity to get someone else. We might go for Claw just for the lolz, he claimed he would break the game if he is gets culted. :) I wonder if he really will.

MileS
August 22nd, 2011, 09:43 AM
Sounds like a good choice to me. Any thoughts on who anyone else might be?

monster
August 22nd, 2011, 10:18 AM
I'm not really committing to the game at this stage, cos I feel the chance I will be shot at night is very high. So I am picking the targets one at a time. If we manage to grow a bit we can discuss some advanced strategy. Btw I say in town that I don't believe Rumpel, but he might very well be a doctor. And cult needs a doc. For now lets hope we get the jailor before he puts any more suspicion on me.

For the day we need to be pushing for either Sand or Procyon lynch, in reality it's better to go for Procyon, but the town is most likely to follow ascended the sheriff. Zack is jestering hard. So mafia will probably try to go for him first as a suspect.

Claw might very well be a godfather and illidan his teammate, their "fights" are drawing a lot of attention. But it is too early to make a call like that - just a possibility of many.

Also the orange mafia is full of noobs - if you think someone is a bad player they are probably orange mafia.
This is revealed by their choice of targets. If they had not shot Yayap, philie would not be dead. Also going for Raiden night1 suggest they don't consider doctors at all.

Red mafia is way more experienced and they have a consigliere, the janitored guy is probably a power role.