PDA

View Full Version : Night 2: What a terrible day

FM Emporio Ivankov
March 2nd, 2013, 08:58 AM
While the death of the detective was brilliant, the day couldn't have gone more poorly. We weren't able to lynch any of our enemies and you made your claim..

Why did you do that? It'll just get the marines to kill you. You weren't in danger of being incinerated anytime soon. And nobody will protect you, because the town is content with letting us and the marines duke it out among ourselves. To them, we're just an option. And it doesn't speak in our favor that you haven't been very helpful during the day.

While kills happen before recruitments, I still think you should do the recruitment tonight. I will not be able to build a big enough force alone because if things keep going as they have, CP9 will probably kill me in 2 nights tops because I look like a tryhard citizen. And leaving 1-2 powerless rebels behind would leave us with only a very slim winning chance, while also ruining our recruits chances of winning and reducing the town's chances of winning. And to be frank I'd rather see a town victory than CP9. If any night chat faction wins it should be us.

If you die tonight, I will try plan B and act solely as a town-sided investigator who doesn't recruit people. Then hopefully I can gain enough trust to get protection or at least deter CP9 and marines from attacking me with the illusion of protection.

If you survive, we will have Tony Tony and I can keep searching for possible recruits. I will then be a bit less prominent so I can hopefully survive for a while.

If we both die tonight... lol game over.

FM Emporio Ivankov
March 2nd, 2013, 08:59 AM
Just to be clear, your recruit on Sanji failed, didn't it?

FM Emporio Ivankov
March 2nd, 2013, 09:07 AM
If we were to recruit an infiltrator, would they be able to read the full history of our posts or just new ones?

Should've thought of that sooner. Not been hiding my identity very well.

FM Ferengi
March 2nd, 2013, 09:16 AM
If we were to recruit an infiltrator, would they be able to read the full history of our posts or just new ones?

He/she will receive the complete access to your threads. Although even if you accidentally manage to recruit Infiltrator, you team should still be able to survive if you have enough members.

FM Emporio Ivankov
March 2nd, 2013, 09:22 AM

He/she will receive the complete access to your threads. Although even if you accidentally manage to recruit Infiltrator, you team should still be able to survive if you have enough members.

Hah. As if that's going to happen :p

FM Emporio Ivankov
March 2nd, 2013, 09:26 AM
About Urogue, Hancock pointed out that Hody might have been killed for suspecting Caribou. But he also posted an analysis on Urouge.

http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/17547-Day-1-5-Where-we-arrived-again?p=283411&viewfull=1#post283411

He calls him a Marine quite conclusively. Although it's possible that he really is marine and that Hody placed that there to reduce suspicion on either one of them if the other died, I think that's probably not the case because it would be rather risky to do this. CP9 would've probably thought that must've meant that Hody wasn't a marine because calling out other marines would be a bit stupid at that point OR because they know Urouge isn't a marine, which would mean Hody was wrong (and thus not Marine). And if Hody flipped town it could be used to make people look at Urogue more positively. Possible motive in case Urouge is CP9. Maybe Hody even believed that Urouge was CP9 and didn't want anyone else to suspect it.

I honestly don't know at what WIFOM level Hody was thinking there, but this detail seems relevant in trying to read Urouge's alignment. Also note that Hancock did not mention this post even though it's very similar to the one he did mention.

FM Monkey D Dragon
March 2nd, 2013, 09:40 AM
Alright, now marines will focus on me and Trafalgar. If he is not CP9, we both will rather be good mislynch targets for them and if he IS CP9 then they won't risk killing me cause that would confirm Trafalgar is scum. Since then, I think that if CP9 are smart they will keep me alive to get rather mislynched.

Now:

-recruit Tony Tony (I guess you got Citizen result on him)

Well, yes, Black Leg isn't a Citizen. I doubt he is town either.

Since Caribou and Big Mom have been charged, I don't think we should bother to check / recruit them in danger of their future possible death.
Basil and Bonney are legit towns I think. At least Bonney is.
Zoro claimed Citizen. Idk about it, maybe you should check his claim.
I don't like the way Cat Thief Nami pointed town in green color and talked about them in 3rd person. It seems scummy to me.
I'm a bad player and am just crazy, sorry. Well, at least good thing is that you don't draw this much attention and have town's trust. I hope you'd be the better leader than I am. So, good luck this night. I think I might be charged by EM tonight and BD is gonna swap me with Law or Bonney with someone. Jeez, I got no idea what it's gonna happen.

FM Emporio Ivankov
March 2nd, 2013, 09:57 AM
-recruit Tony Tony (I guess you got Citizen result on him)
I did. It was in my code.

CP9 won't kill you, but a vigilante definitely might. It's quite possible that Cat Thief was targeted by the ventriloquist. Unless she behaves exactly the same way tomorrow I'm not going to read too deeply into it.

Doubt a BD will target you. It's more likely they'll drive basil, just to be safe. Or Zoro and Bonney to test that ventriloquist theory and protect the journalist. Everyone loves their PR claims too much.

I'm actually thinking of checking Urouge. He was very clearly trying to look like a fail citizen in that interview and if I get an investigation result on him that might help me a lot tomorrow if you end up dying.

Also you need to change your code, because it was detected.

FM Emporio Ivankov
March 2nd, 2013, 10:00 AM
"Yella fella" isn't a very good way to mask your results.

FM Monkey D Dragon
March 2nd, 2013, 11:06 AM
"Yella fella" isn't a very good way to mask your results.

It was uncoded not as a night result but as my alignment. The guy who stated it got only Yella word underlined. Menas he thought I tried to say "Yellow", not a night result. Nevermind, next day I'll try something like "Yay, I'm still alive" or "Sad that we lost ..." (in case a townie dies or something).

FM Emporio Ivankov
March 2nd, 2013, 12:46 PM
I was wondering if we both survive, whether you should make mention of Sanji being a non-citizen so we can pressure him further tomorrow. It could actually make people see the usefulness of siding with the rebels in practice. You would have to lie and claim that the scout checked him though, not that we tried to recruit him. Otherwise they will know more about our numbers.

Someone might trace it back to me for asking him questions, though.

What do you think?

FM Emporio Ivankov
March 2nd, 2013, 12:50 PM
And if anyone asks again how you knew who the rebel leader was if you were a fresh recruit, there's a simple and plausible explanation for that.

The rebel leader can only recruit night 1 while the scout can be used to check people. There was no reason to use the scout to recruit night 1.

Don't say this if nobody asks or they'll know it was rehearsed.

FM Monkey D Dragon
March 3rd, 2013, 12:47 AM
I was wondering if we both survive, whether you should make mention of Sanji being a non-citizen so we can pressure him further tomorrow. It could actually make people see the usefulness of siding with the rebels in practice. You would have to lie and claim that the scout checked him though, not that we tried to recruit him. Otherwise they will know more about our numbers.

Someone might trace it back to me for asking him questions, though.

What do you think?

I was thinking about this idea too. I doubt he is town power role. And knowing for sure who is citizen and who isn't is a very useful option for town. On the other hand, marines have investigative and killing roles. Let's hope town will find rebellion more helpful.

And if anyone asks again how you knew who the rebel leader was if you were a fresh recruit, there's a simple and plausible explanation for that.

The rebel leader can only recruit night 1 while the scout can be used to check people. There was no reason to use the scout to recruit night 1.

Don't say this if nobody asks or they'll know it was rehearsed.

In that case I can easily claim that I was recruited citizen on night 1. According to the game mechanics, recruited rebel doesn't have access to the rebel chat during the day, but knows the identity of the recruiter. That will make them think there are 3 of us at least, plus possible n2 recruit.

FM Monkey D Dragon
March 3rd, 2013, 12:50 AM
Also, let's talk about tomorrow's actions in case we survive. To make you look completely non-rebel communicate with me, ask me questions (not many but for town to think that you have no idea about rebel mechanics).
If your check target is a Citizen, we'll recruit him next night, but if he isn't Citizen, I'll try to recruit Zoro as he claimed Citizen, ok?

FM Monkey D Dragon
March 3rd, 2013, 12:53 AM
Alright, we need 5 people total to gain the killing ability. We are 2 now, tomorrow (if noone of us dies) we are 3, then 4 (if Zoro didn't lie or if your target is a Citizen). Let's hope everything'll be fine. Have you chosen your target yet?

FM Emporio Ivankov
March 3rd, 2013, 09:07 AM
I was thinking about this idea too. I doubt he is town power role. And knowing for sure who is citizen and who isn't is a very useful option for town. On the other hand, marines have investigative and killing roles. Let's hope town will find rebellion more helpful.
I'm fairly confident that the marines are without investigative roles besides their navy admiral sheriff thing, since their detective died last night. And the admiral won't reveal CP9 until most of the opposition is gone.

If we both live, you can also look for my code to see if my target was non-cit. If he was non cit, it might be better to reveal him instead of Sanji, and claim that person as the first night's investigation. Just be sure to wait some time after I made my post so people don't connect the dots as easily. This will make it harder to find me than if you revealed Sanji.

I'm not yet sure about my target. I'm considering Urouge and Hancock at the moment. I think they're either enemies or citizens who like the marines a little too much.

In that case I can easily claim that I was recruited citizen on night 1. According to the game mechanics, recruited rebel doesn't have access to the rebel chat during the day, but knows the identity of the recruiter. That will make them think there are 3 of us at least, plus possible n2 recruit.
Again, don't say it unless someone asks again. Else it looks rehearsed.

FM Emporio Ivankov
March 3rd, 2013, 09:09 AM
Make sure to check you didn't get interviewed on your other account, just in case.

FM Emporio Ivankov
March 3rd, 2013, 09:12 AM
check Urouge

I might still change my mind, but this is what I'll put down for now.

FM Emporio Ivankov
March 3rd, 2013, 09:37 AM
As for a recruit target if I die and you don't, I don't think Zoro is the best candidate even if he is a citizen, which I don't think he is. He's more likely a PR who will refuse to join if asked.

A lot of people have been pushing for his lynch repeatedly and he hasn't done much at all to convince others of his good intentions. So his chances of survival are pretty bad.