PDA

View Full Version : Night 0: You are on the way to the Cinco Island

FM Ferengi
February 18th, 2013, 02:31 AM
Welcome to Cipher Pol No 9's secret submarine! You were tasked by the World Goverment to find and kill members of the Revolutionary Army who are currently hiding on the Cinco Island. Normally this would be a easy mission, but they have already successfully infiltrated to local town. Worse yet, they have already spread out the rumors of CP9's existence. So you need to act swifly. You need not only to elimininate Rebels, but also every other islander who can be possibly related to then. In the name of the World Goverment, your justice must be absolute, or else the rebellion will spread to the other islands in the vicinity as well.

The World Goverment have also ordered the Marines to arrect and execute the Rebels. But unlike you, they have not received the order for Buster Call. So it is very likely that they will try to defeat the Rebels without killing the villagers. If you can't convince then to side against town, manipulate then to do so. If it comes to worst and they decide to side with villagers instead, then you will probably need to kill then as well.

You have also learned that a group of Pirates are going to raid this island as well. According to your intelligence, they are going to kill local citizens while searching for the treasure which is located on this island, and that Marines are in pursuit of then. Your aim might align with Pirates, but you need to keep in mind that they might also help the Rebels. To prevent that from happening, you should eliminate the Rebels as fast as possible. Be aware that siding with Pirates might put you against the Marines as well, so plan ahead of that!

Even if Rebels and Town are eliminated, your team still needs to survive until the game ends... though you might be already considering yourselves as winners at that point.

List of team members:

Infiltrator (Rob Lucci) - Don Krieg
Witch (Kalifa) - Dracule Mihawk
Ventriloquist (Kaku) - Basil Hawkins
Drug Dealer (Blueno) - Black Leg Sanji

Discuss your strategy while your submarine is still on the way! And... keep you wits about you, because players will be able to lynch during Day 1.

FM Rob Lucci
February 23rd, 2013, 06:33 AM
Alright guys, too bad I forgot to save some nice texts the old Rob Lucci left behind, would have been helpful.

What we need:
Everyone takes notes of the players on Day 1. We will split the player list in 4, so everyone only has to do a part.
Note taking should look like this:
You are taking notes of me, for example.

Rob Lucci:
#8 first post, FoS on WHOEVER
Just write down the number of the noteworthy post and explain what was said in it or why it is noteworthy. This will help us analyze each player.

The second point we need is a text incase one of us gets jailed by the Marine. We will ask them to cooperate us and have our Infiltrator get access to the Rebel's chat. If anyone could prepare such a text, great! If not, I will do it but not right now, maybe in some hours.

FM Ferengi
February 23rd, 2013, 06:38 AM
Wait a second guys, I'll lock the game thread. Raptor is back, so we need to get some cleaning first.

EDIT: Everything is already fine, you can post again.

FM Blueno
February 23rd, 2013, 08:34 AM
Well this seems swell. Getting our Infiltrator into the Rebel Night chat I think should be a #1 priority.
When the Infiltrator is recruited into the rebels can he use both CP9 and Rebel night chat?
That way, in the event of the Town siding with them we have one guy who appears to be clean atleast, also this makes it infinately times easier to take them out.

Finding the Rebel Leader could prove VERY beneficial. The Witch could control him and make him unable to recruit by making him target the wrong people every time, preventing them from gaining any new members other than the ones we choose for them, who are likely going to be the ones who get lynched, killed, or the Infiltrator... Also the Witch could control him to gain us a second KPN, which would be deadly to the Town and possibly convince them that the Rebels are not a good ally to side with, thus splitting our enemies making it much easier to single them out.

We have just the three roles that can seriously hamper the Town's scum hunting, the Ventriloquist can target a scummy person who might have gotten info that could have saved him from a lynch the next day, yet the Vent forces him down a hole to a lynch.

The DD could make the town think there is a Bus, by having one person think they were bussed, and then claiming bussed themselves he can quite easily fool the Town into thinking there is one specific Power Role.

Yet we must make sure we keep the Rebel numbers low to the point were they can never be able to kill, as that could be very deadly to us, although it might result in them killing some Town, it is not something I think we should risk.

A possible plan might be to force the Rebels to side with the Pirates, and the Marines with us, this would be a temporary alliance and might not last us to the end of the game, yet this will completely deprive the Town of any allies, and will almost certainly lose them the game. At that point we need to focus down the Rebels and not the Pirates, and when they are dead we are left in a situation were only our possible allies and us remain, and thats game right there. This plan will work best if we get the Infiltrator into the Rebels, he can then convince them to side with the Rebels, and we then kill the Leader with our own kill, and if they have 5+ members, control the leader to kill the Scout, depriving them of any remaining power they might have.

These are my thoughts so far.

FM Rob Lucci
February 23rd, 2013, 09:33 AM
Getting me into the Rebel Night chat should indeed be our #1 priority.

A bonus would be if someone of us gets jailed, but that only works if the Marines see the advantage in siding with us over siding with the town.
I will prepare a text that will help to convince the Marines to side with us, but it's no guarantee if it's Night 1 for example.

FM Blueno
February 23rd, 2013, 09:50 AM
Getting me into the Rebel Night chat should indeed be our #1 priority.

A bonus would be if someone of us gets jailed, but that only works if the Marines see the advantage in siding with us over siding with the town.
I will prepare a text that will help to convince the Marines to side with us, but it's no guarantee if it's Night 1 for example.

An Architect could have helped get the Marines on out side, yet since we don't have one that won't work. However we must consider our option of being able to side with the Pirates.

FM Blueno
February 23rd, 2013, 10:01 AM
We also need to think about our stances on the Neutrals. They can win with us.

FM Kalifa
February 23rd, 2013, 12:27 PM
Greetings my fellow CP9 agents! Before I go further, I have one question for the host: Can we claim our COMs in this night chat? I like to know who I'm dealing with if possible. My hope is that at least some of you are experienced players, but if not that's fine too as I am proof that new does not necessarily mean bad (FM 16 scum MVP. *hint hint*)

But as for planning: Obviously we must destroy the town and the rebels in order to win. But I don't think we want to destroy the rebels right away. Our first priority is placing our infiltrator within their ranks. Once we've done that, we need our infiltrator to feed us information about all of their plans, particularly their intended night actions each night as well as a list of the other rebels.

Then, we want him to gain their trust, and convince them to attack town. NOT by saying "hey, let's kill town" (unless they've already decided to side with pirates, but that likely won't happen for a few days at least) but rather by suggesting that people we believe to be members of the town are actually enemies of the rebels (CP9 or marines). It will take some skill to successfully do all of this without getting discovered. Fortunately, if I understood the setup properly, the infiltrator will be able to access both chats at night, which means those of us who remain can offer our counsel on what he should say in order to remain hidden and who he should suggest they target. If he learns they intend to kill one of us, as long as I am alive, I can redirect this kill. Same goes for their investigations.

Now then. How do we get the infiltrator recruited? Simple. He must appear to be the best possible target to recruit. This means, infiltrator, your posts during the day must make you appear as such: smart (they want people who can potentially carry them to victory should they die), town (obviously, since the only non-town they can recruit is you, and that's the worst thing that can happen to them), under the radar (this is the real challenge, because obviously you have to get on their radar, but they must believe you are unlikely to be targeted by other factions/unlikely to be discovered). They're not going to be hunting PRs at first, since it's a gamble (they can decline the invite), so they'll want citizens first. So infiltrator- don't claim for no reason, but if you must claim, the claim is citizen.

FM Kalifa
February 23rd, 2013, 12:46 PM
*in Uncle voice* ONE MORE THING!

If any of us is jailed (I assume this cuts us off from this night chat. Host, confirm?) remember that although the marines can be our allies, it doesn't mean that they will. So refrain from claiming your true role or giving them any information about us or our plans until we are sure they will side with us (which will only be when their other ally, the town, is dead or certain to lose). I'm fairly certain there will be a jailor in the game, since I was jailed night 1 of last game, plus- the more night chats, the merrier, right?

In any case, the safest thing to claim for now is citizen because there are so many of them it will be impossible to disprove without using an investigative role to check you. If they do check you and find your claim false and jail you again to inquire as to why you lied, just calmly mention that due to the nature of this game, we could not be sure if they could be trusted. Do NOT however, under ANY circumstances give them any information about the rest of us (including who we are, what are roles are, and what we're planning) unless town is dead or close to being dead. Because otherwise if they side against us in the end, they will have all they need to swiftly destroy us. If they threaten you with execution, you may lie to them about who is among us, but be careful- if you name one of their allies they will surely kill you. And if they do kill you, remember that your death (-1 for us) is better than you outing us all and making it -4, which is game over.

FM Kalifa
February 23rd, 2013, 12:51 PM
Also keep in mind that if we manage to find the rebel leaderbefore he recruits our infiltrator, I can witch him to recruit our infiltrator, but this is unlikely to be a good plan as if they are smart they will immediately be suspicious of him. However, I can use him to recruit other people to throw suspicion on them, which would cause the rebels to destroy themselves from the inside, which would be highly amusing and make our job much easier. In fact, should our infiltrator be recruited early, my first course of action will likely be to change the recruit target so as to help hide our ally from suspicion by making sure they are suspicious of someone else.

FM Kalifa
February 23rd, 2013, 12:55 PM
Also keep in mind that if we manage to find the rebel leader before he recruits our infiltrator, I can witch the leader to recruit our infiltrator, but this is unlikely to be a good plan because if they are smart they will immediately be suspicious that the new recruit is the infiltrator (because they'll know the leader was witched and that the witch is aligned with the infiltrator). However, I can force him to recruit other people to throw suspicion on them, which would cause the rebels to destroy themselves from the inside, which would be highly amusing and make our job much easier. In fact, should our infiltrator be recruited early, my first course of action will likely be to change the recruit target so as to help hide our ally from suspicion by making sure they are suspicious of someone else.

Just realized the language is a bit unclear. Fixed for clarity.

FM Rob Lucci
February 23rd, 2013, 01:41 PM
Greetings my fellow CP9 agents! Before I go further, I have one question for the host: Can we claim our COMs in this night chat? I like to know who I'm dealing with if possible. My hope is that at least some of you are experienced players, but if not that's fine too as I am proof that new does not necessarily mean bad (FM 16 scum MVP. *hint hint*)

I am not sure if claiming is ok, but since you gave a tip: I am relatively new and specialize in analyzing, have been active in all S-FMs since 58. I guess it should be easy to figure out who I am if you have been following them.

As to your COM, hi, I'm not sure if we have been in a game before, but it's cool to meet you. :)

I have been placed CP9 again after the reset so I can share some ideas that were posted:
If jailed, explain why it is beneficial for the Marines to side with us. The reasoning was something along the line of "since you can't kill, we can kill mutual enemies for you if your investigative roles find something out" and a code was established so we would know who to kill.

As for making myself seem like a good rebel recruiter target, I will try my best. I just have a silent nature and usually kick in with analyzing after night 1. I specialize in logical deduction rather than behaviour reads, but I will try to do everything I can Day 1.

I agree with post #10, #9 is good too, but like I said, if we are jailed we can try to establish an alliance by proposing the plan. Kalifa, if you are able to find the right words and have the time, it would be great if you could write the text which will be copied into the jail chat.
We should just find a good code for the Marines which will be included. They should not make themselves a target at Day chat and we should still be able to recognize the target they want dead.

The last suggestions was something like "text something something NAME something suspicious. [vote]NAME[\vote]" so it will appear like a fail vote, could raise suspicion though. Your thoughts?

FM Blueno
February 23rd, 2013, 02:00 PM
I believe we should put our Vent onto any Town Leader we can find, that way, we can make him appear scummy and get him lynched as a "scum trying to lead the town" and the town will get mind raped, since they have no investigative roles they can't be sure.

As I said before we need to consider allying with the Pirates if we must, unlike the Marines they don't have a limited KPN.

I believe I will try to convince the Town that we have a bus.

It might be risky, yet if i drug one person, and then i claim bussed, that might trick them into thinking we have a bus.

FM Blueno
February 23rd, 2013, 02:19 PM
Of course I could remove the Towns good opinion of the Marines, by seeing all the other factions kill, and someoen else claims attacked and healed and then oen of us pushes that the marines did it, it could lower their trust.

FM Kalifa
February 23rd, 2013, 02:35 PM
I am not sure if claiming is ok, but since you gave a tip: I am relatively new and specialize in analyzing, have been active in all S-FMs since 58. I guess it should be easy to figure out who I am if you have been following them.

As to your COM, hi, I'm not sure if we have been in a game before, but it's cool to meet you. :)

I think I know who you are. If I'm right, we played one game together, but I was killed early. Hopefully that will not happen this time. My award in FM16 came from my ability to predict the night actions of others. This allowed me to get a successful frame on night 2 (with a lynch on the target the next day) and later on enabled me to synchronize my actions with allies who did not share a night chat with me. I was able to correctly predict their actions and ensure my own complimented them for maximum effect.

I have been placed CP9 again after the reset so I can share some ideas that were posted:
If jailed, explain why it is beneficial for the Marines to side with us. The reasoning was something along the line of "since you can't kill, we can kill mutual enemies for you if your investigative roles find something out" and a code was established so we would know who to kill.

Keep in mind- Just as you retain the knowledge of last game's strategies, so too does everyone else in the game (including the previous CP9 members). They might be looking for us to use some of those tactics so they can find and kill us. If any code is to be established between us and the Marines it must be complete different from the one that was established before. But for now I think it is too early to be sure we can trust them. So here's what I propose: Their first priority is going to be to kill the Pirates. The pirates and ourselves are in an interesting and precarious postion. As enemies of the town, we must not only deal with an opposing night chat, but a huge majority that seeks our demise. The pirates will be fighting two simultaneous battles, one with the marines and one with town. We would be doing the same, except the rebels #1 priority is geting recruits, so they can't fight us right away. This means our first priority, aside from getting the infiltrator in with the rebels, is to destroy town. With any luck, we can wipe them out before the rebels can attack us, allowing us to then focus our efforts on eliminating rebels. If we can manage to continuously kill the town members they target for recruitment, we can get two birds with one stone and reduce the numbers of town while keeping the rebels small in number as well.

As for making myself seem like a good rebel recruiter target, I will try my best. I just have a silent nature and usually kick in with analyzing after night 1. I specialize in logical deduction rather than behaviour reads, but I will try to do everything I can Day 1.

On this front, I recommend not posting too much. If you draw too much attention to yourself, they won't want you for fear others will want to target you, and they do not want to risk any complications in recruitment, especially this early when they have only 2 members. And when you do post, seem smart, vaguely pro-town, but also somewhat pro-rebel. They don't want you if you indicate anti-rebel sentiments because then you'll have to change your mind when recruited, allowing you to be easily found by observant players. I know this is a lot to manage, but if successful, the benefit is huge.

I agree with post #10, #9 is good too, but like I said, if we are jailed we can try to establish an alliance by proposing the plan. Kalifa, if you are able to find the right words and have the time, it would be great if you could write the text which will be copied into the jail chat.
We should just find a good code for the Marines which will be included. They should not make themselves a target at Day chat and we should still be able to recognize the target they want dead.

As I said, I think it is too early to trust the marines. For the next few days, if you are jailed, CLAIM citizen and give them no hint of your true alignment. Only after town is no longer a threat will it be safe to fully trust the marines

The last suggestions was something like "text something something NAME something suspicious. [vote]NAME[\vote]" so it will appear like a fail vote, could raise suspicion though. Your thoughts?

I don't like fake votes. They are commonly seen as a scum tell. You might be able to get away with one or two by passing it off as a mistake, but it will place suspicion on you. As such, I think it is too unreliable and easy to detect to be used in a code. A code should be much more subtle. Plus, your previous allies will be aware of this and no doubt be wary of anyone who appears to be using it.

FM Blueno
February 23rd, 2013, 02:46 PM
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to ask this but whatever.

Did you guys get new accounts and new roles, or just new roles?

FM Kalifa
February 23rd, 2013, 02:46 PM
I believe we should put our Vent onto any Town Leader we can find, that way, we can make him appear scummy and get him lynched as a "scum trying to lead the town" and the town will get mind raped, since they have no investigative roles they can't be sure.

As I said before we need to consider allying with the Pirates if we must, unlike the Marines they don't have a limited KPN.

I believe I will try to convince the Town that we have a bus.

It might be risky, yet if i drug one person, and then i claim bussed, that might trick them into thinking we have a bus.

I have a better idea- drug someone to think they were bussed, but don't claim you were bussed. Then if we are pressured by someone who claims to have investigated one of us (likely the rebel scout) whoever is being accused can claim bussed. Two of us can even claim bussed, then the town will think that two of us really were bussed and the third was drugged. The problem with this is, for example, a blacksmith choosing the same target as us. If the player claims both "I was bussed" and "I got a gun" the blacksmith will know he was drugged. However, the blacksmith will have to come into the open in order to give this information, which would allow me to control him to give us all guns/vests or we could simply kill him if we choose. Another problem is that if there really is a bus driver, he could reveal and put us in some deep shit. So I don't know that this is the best plan for right now, until we can determine whether or not there really is a bus driver.

Of course I could remove the Towns good opinion of the Marines, by seeing all the other factions kill, and someoen else claims attacked and healed and then oen of us pushes that the marines did it, it could lower their trust.

No. Absolutely not. The marines should be treated as allies until we have reason not to. We still can't fully trust them, but we shouldn't actively sabotage them. Our first priority is killing town, then rebels. Framing rebels in this faction could be interesting, but that can't be done for a while since rebels can not yet kill and should be done delicately because being too insistent that it was them will confirm not only that there is a drug dealer, but that you are likely to be the drug dealer, which will get you swigtly killed.

FM Kalifa
February 23rd, 2013, 02:48 PM

Both. I used to be Hody Jones, the jester.

So keep an eye out for the jester. If the game contains the same roles as before, there will be one. My guess is the other neutral is an sk or a joker.

FM Blueno
February 23rd, 2013, 02:49 PM
I used to be Black Leg Sanji. The Bus Driver.

I flipped the same guy...

FM Rob Lucci
February 23rd, 2013, 02:50 PM
I agree with your post, Kalifa. Using the same code again would indeed be a dumb idea and the old code seemed too risky for the Marine who uses it in my eyes anyway, so I had doubts from the beginning, but I tend to sheep so.. fuck me.

Anyway, I hope I will be able to get the right balance of posting tomorrow and we will see how to proceed after that. Talking about our tactics is good, but much is still hypothetical.

Oh, and for the note list (since I think that it's kind of a must):

Rob Lucci
FM Bartholomew Kuma
FM Basil Hawkins
FM Big Mom
FM Black Leg Sanji
FM Blackbeard
FM Boa Hancock
FM Buggy the Clown
FM Capone Bege
FM Cat Thief Nami

Kalifa
FM Crocodile
FM Cyborg Franky
FM Don Krieg
FM Donquixote Doflamingo
FM Dracule Mihawk
FM Eustass Kidd
FM Fire Fist Ace
FM Foxy the Silver Fox
FM Gecko Moria

Kaku
FM Hody Jones
FM Jewelry Bonney
FM Jimbei
FM Marco the Phoenix
FM Nico Robin
FM Red Haired Shanks
FM Roronoa Zoro
FM Scratchmen Apoo
FM Sogeking

Blueno
FM Soul King Brook
FM Straw Hat Luffy
FM Tony Tony Chopper
FM Trafalgar Law
FM Urouge
FM Wet Haired Caribou
FM Whitebeard
FM X Drake

Both.

I was Urouge, the Drug Dealer.

FM Kalifa
February 23rd, 2013, 02:52 PM
I was Urouge, the Drug Dealer.

What other roles were in the CP9? Were they the same roles we have now? If so, it might be safe to assume all the roles are the same, meaning there would definitely be a bus driver and a jester.

FM Blueno
February 23rd, 2013, 02:54 PM
I was just worried we all kept the same accounts, cause if they saw me acting differently then they would know I changed.

FM Rob Lucci
February 23rd, 2013, 02:55 PM
What other roles were in the CP9? Were they the same roles we have now? If so, it might be safe to assume all the roles are the same, meaning there would definitely be a bus driver and a jester.

The exact same roles.

FM Kalifa
February 23rd, 2013, 02:56 PM
I was just worried we all kept the same accounts, cause if they saw me acting differently then they would know I changed.

Yeah, that would have been terrible for everyone, which is why most of us got new accounts. The fact that most of us have new accounts should be enough to prevent anyone from seeing you act differently. Plus, the old day one is deleted, so it's not like they can check unless they kept their notes.

FM Kalifa
February 23rd, 2013, 02:58 PM
The exact same roles.

This is very helpful. So for now, we should assume that there is both a bus driver and a jester in the game. When Kaku gets back we can find out what he was and figure out another role that is likely to be in the game.

So far we know (not counting ourselves):
Bus Driver
Jester
Jailor (I was jailed last game)

Not bad for night 0.

FM Blueno
February 23rd, 2013, 02:59 PM
Alright then, I think we should have two of our members but heads at each other, yet not to heavily to get the other lynched, but enough to make others think we aren't on the same team. If that is possible.

FM Kalifa
February 23rd, 2013, 03:06 PM
Alright then, I think we should have two of our members but heads at each other, yet not to heavily to get the other lynched, but enough to make others think we aren't on the same team. If that is possible.

Yes, but be careful. This is deceptively difficult because a skilled player will notice if either person backs down too easily and will see through the act. More important than butting heads is to be sure you don't get too friendly with anyone, both the people in this chat and members of town. Buddying is a scum tell and will get you scrutinized if not killed. You want to appear to have no ties with anyone.

And remember, if it becomes clear that one of us will be lynched, vote for that person. Vote patterns are a huge factor in reading scum and will give you away easily if you're on the wrong side of it. The vote on scum will get you "town points" which will allow you to benefit from that death, even if only a little.

FM Blueno
February 23rd, 2013, 03:08 PM
We need the next guy to come and join us, if he had a PR it might be nice to know what it was.

FM Rob Lucci
February 23rd, 2013, 03:10 PM
Well, let's just hope that he is an active player and will be online before the night ends.

FM Blueno
February 23rd, 2013, 03:10 PM
I am personally waiting to see if the guy says we can use COM names in night chat, knowing who each other are will help us know the others limitations and skill level.

FM Kalifa
February 23rd, 2013, 03:15 PM
I am personally waiting to see if the guy says we can use COM names in night chat, knowing who each other are will help us know the others limitations and skill level.

I only asked as a formality because I know hosts usually do not care about night chats. The no-COM rule is mostly to discourage its use in the day chat by either saying "hey I'm _____ and this is my town play, so I'm clearly town" or saying "That's _____ and this is how he/she played in the last FM when he/she was scum! LYNCH NAO!"

In night chat it will not affect the day, just allow us to get a sense of who we're dealing with and doesn't have a negative impact on the game as it does in the day. But we can wait for him to come and confirm before outright claiming.

FM Kalifa
February 23rd, 2013, 03:17 PM
Well, let's just hope that he is an active player and will be online before the night ends.

I hope so too. Otherwise I hope we get a good replacement.

FM Blueno
February 23rd, 2013, 03:19 PM
I hope so too. Otherwise I hope we get a good replacement.

What if the Replacement is Admiral? O_o

FM Kalifa
February 23rd, 2013, 03:20 PM
What if the Replacement is Admiral? O_o

Don't get your hopes up. It might be Mintberry Crunch. In which case I may have to resign...

FM Blueno
February 23rd, 2013, 03:21 PM
We got 4 people in here, that means unless First Mate turned on invisible, we have a hacker, the fourth guy is here.

FM Kalifa
February 23rd, 2013, 03:23 PM
We got 4 people in here, that means unless First Mate turned on invisible, we have a hacker, the fourth guy is here.

Good. Now we just need him to post.

By the way, could the two (three?) of you do me a favor and set an avatar? I know it doesn't matter much for night chats, but it helps me more easily identify who is speaking. I also highly recommend you set an avatar for your day chat accounts if you haven't done so already.

FM Blueno
February 23rd, 2013, 03:24 PM
Don't get your hopes up. It might be Mintberry Crunch. In which case I may have to resign...

I have two possibilities for who you might be based off that. I'm leaning slightly towards one.

FM Blueno
February 23rd, 2013, 03:26 PM
Oh shit I hope people didn't just see that failure. That misclick revealed me. O_o

FM Blueno
February 23rd, 2013, 03:27 PM
Back down to three. I rly hope it's not the fourth guy...

FM Blueno
February 23rd, 2013, 03:27 PM
Two!

FM Rob Lucci
February 23rd, 2013, 03:36 PM
Two now. Figuring out who Kalifa is was rather easy, as he said he is the scum MVP from FM16.

For me, well, another tip would be that my name is similar to the genitive form of the latin word for "night". :D

FM Blueno
February 23rd, 2013, 03:37 PM
Two now. Figuring out who Kalifa is was rather easy, as he said he is the scum MVP from FM16.

For me, well, another tip would be that my name is similar to the genitive form of the latin word for "night". :D

Dude, its so obvious who you are it isn't even funny.

FM Rob Lucci
February 23rd, 2013, 03:40 PM
Dude, its so obvious who you are it isn't even funny.

Hmm? I do not think that this would've been possible to deduce from my behaviour but rather from the behaviour I listed about myself (and my tips of course).

FM Blueno
February 23rd, 2013, 03:42 PM
Alright if everyone is listing hints as to what they are and might get mod killed for it, lets turn this into a mass mod-killing!

My name is contrary to what it says.

FM Kalifa
February 23rd, 2013, 03:53 PM
Sorry for my silence. I assure you it was not in vain Behold! A list of every player in the game- with links to their profiles. This should allow for much easier note-taking, as it will enable you to easily click one of these links and see all posts by that player. It is a tedious and somewhat time-consuming process, but it should save time in the future, so I hope you all find it as useful as I do.

FM Bartholomew Kuma (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/8992)
FM Basil Hawkins (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/9008)
FM Big Mom (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/8995)
FM Black Leg Sanji (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/8991)
FM Blackbeard (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/9001)
FM Boa Hancock (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/8986)
FM Buggy the Clown (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/8978)
FM Capone Bege (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/8975)
FM Cat Thief Nami (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/8976)
FM Crocodile (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/8994)
FM Cyborg Franky (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/8984)
FM Don Krieg (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/8987)
FM Donquixote Doflamingo (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/9006)
FM Dracule Mihawk (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/9005)
FM Eustass Kidd (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/8981)
FM Fire Fist Ace (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/8982)
FM Foxy the Silver Fox (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/8999)
FM Gecko Moria (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/8998)
FM Hody Jones (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/8988)
FM Jewelry Bonney (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/9007)
FM Jimbei (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/9002)
FM Marco the Phoenix (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/8979)
FM Nico Robin (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/8977)
FM Red Haired Shanks (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/9004)
FM Roronoa Zoro (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/8996)
FM Scratchmen Apoo (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/8990)
FM Sogeking (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/8983)
FM Soul King Brook (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/9003)
FM Straw Hat Luffy (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/8997)
FM Tony Tony Chopper (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/9000)
FM Trafalgar Law (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/8993)
FM Urouge (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/8980)
FM Wet Haired Caribou (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/8985)
FM Whitebeard (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/8974)
FM X Drake (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/member.php/8989)

FM Kalifa
February 23rd, 2013, 03:55 PM
It is a tedious and somewhat time-consuming process

The compiling of these links is tedious/time-consuming, I mean. (so appreciate me, dammit).

FM Blueno
February 23rd, 2013, 03:57 PM
Ahh much better. Now I can see anyone I want with a click of a button.

I have you two figured out.

FM Kalifa
February 23rd, 2013, 04:03 PM
Players who currently have avatars:

Cat Thief Nami
Don Krieg [Rob Lucci]
Dracule Mihawk [Me]
Gecko Moria
Sogeking
Soul King Brook

These other people may be more likely to have night chats. I suggest we keep a careful eye on them going into day 1.

FM Kalifa
February 23rd, 2013, 04:04 PM
Ahh much better. Now I can see anyone I want with a click of a button.

I have you two figured out.

I thought I made it clear in my first post...

FM Blueno
February 23rd, 2013, 04:05 PM
Do any of you ahve me figured out? BTW we got 4 people in here. Yet the other guy still hasn't posted.

FM Rob Lucci
February 23rd, 2013, 04:07 PM
Do any of you ahve me figured out? BTW we got 4 people in here. Yet the other guy still hasn't posted.

I'm still cracking my brain but it's not helping. My first thought was Cryptonic, but the contrary to that doesn't even make sense because, well, cryptonic is not a real word. Cryptic would be, but whatever.

Second thought was Fatalis, but I don't think that fits either.

FM Kalifa
February 23rd, 2013, 04:08 PM

I think so. I initially thought Lucci was who I now believe you to be. I need to go check something to be sure, though. BRB

FM Kalifa
February 23rd, 2013, 04:24 PM

Thanks to the magic of Google Translate, I have discovered that the latin word for night is "nocte" which makes you NoctiZ.

Alright if everyone is listing hints as to what they are and might get mod killed for it, lets turn this into a mass mod-killing!

My name is contrary to what it says.

You must be: TheDarkestLight.

If these are wrong, then I give up and will wait for Fragos to come in and confirm that we can outright say who we are.

FM Kaku
February 23rd, 2013, 04:25 PM
Hi everyone. I was Nico Robin the old infiltrator, so I should have some posts on my laptop that I had in our old night chat.

I'm actually traveling at the moment but I might be able to post more at the airport before my flight.
Glad to see things are so active here. I've thought extensively about how to play CP9 in this setup particularly as infiltrator.

Just wanted to say I'm here since there seemed to be some confusion about that earlier! I also feel comfortable venting any player we feel is strategically the best option for us.

FM Kalifa
February 23rd, 2013, 04:29 PM

Hi everyone. I was Nico Robin the old infiltrator, so I should have some posts on my laptop that I had in our old night chat.

I'm actually traveling at the moment but I might be able to post more at the airport before my flight.
Glad to see things are so active here. I've thought extensively about how to play CP9 in this setup particularly as infiltrator.

Just wanted to say I'm here since there seemed to be some confusion about that earlier! I also feel comfortable venting any player we feel is strategically the best option for us.

HE LIVES!

Ah, travel. I had to deal with that for the first few days of FM 16. I hope you soon reach a stable location so you can be a bit more active. We're currently discussing COMs since it's usually permitted in night chats, and we have not yet been struck down by mod-lightning.

Interesting that two of the old CP9 ended up remaining here. I wonder if the other factions had something similar occur.

FM Kalifa
February 23rd, 2013, 04:30 PM
Woops. Damn multiquote is still on. Ignore the first quote in my last post. XD

FM Rob Lucci
February 23rd, 2013, 04:31 PM
You must be: TheDarkestLight.

If these are wrong, then I give up and will wait for Fragos to come in and confirm that we can outright say who we are.

My third guess, I just skimmed through the player lists of some S-FMs at the moment and that's the only other that would make sense.

By the way, the latin word for night is "nox" and the genitive is "noctis". KNOWLEDGE = POWER

FM Kalifa
February 23rd, 2013, 04:35 PM
My third guess, I just skimmed through the player lists of some S-FMs at the moment and that's the only other that would make sense.

By the way, the latin word for night is "nox" and the genitive is "noctis". KNOWLEDGE = POWER

Ah. Should've known that from Harry Potter. Damn Google Translate. Oh well, I still got there in the end. That's all that matters! :D

FM Rob Lucci
February 23rd, 2013, 04:39 PM
Ah. Should've known that from Harry Potter. Damn Google Translate. Oh well, I still got there in the end. That's all that matters! :D

Well, I had to take latin classes (it was mandatory to choose between french and latin) from 6th to 9th grade, after that I was able to not take them (thank god). It's basically 100% learning. You translate the words quite literally and then put the translation in the right order so the grammar fits. The problem is just identifying the tense and knowing ALL the words and getting the correct form.
It was 50% gambling for me on everything else besides translating words because they were pretty easy to learn. Just the fucking grammar forms man..

FM Blueno
February 23rd, 2013, 04:45 PM
Ok, so when day starts I'll be looking who to give my hallucinogen to, and what it will be. Also I will be looking at who seems to have any connection to anyone else.

FM Kalifa
February 23rd, 2013, 04:46 PM
I'm going out to dinner, so I'll be gone for a few hours.

FM Kaku
February 23rd, 2013, 04:48 PM
Town is going to steamroll if we don't actively try to kill townies at night. Due to numbers we NEED to let the rebels recruit townies for a few nights just to add to the town "deaths."

Additionally, a plan I had for the drug dealer is to drug fake role blocks. This can help in two ways:
1. Can reveal PRs to us. "I was role blocked" claims vs "I was drugged last night!"
2. I think we could use this on the infiltrator so he claims rb'ed but later if some PR claims drugged he says wait, I might have been drugged, too. It's just really subtle confirmation as a citizen that I think could be good for the infiltrator.

Vent: 2 strategies
1. Vent people subtly and try to mislead. The goal of this strategy is to pretend there is not a vent.
2. Vent people obviously and play scum town leader to help organize our kills so they don't overlap with the pirates.

FM Rob Lucci
February 23rd, 2013, 04:52 PM
I'm too tired to think about this, I'm gonna go to bed now. We have lots of time to think and talk about this, so no hurry. Night 1 is where it's at.

Good night!

FM Kaku
February 23rd, 2013, 04:57 PM
Fragos, what steps are you taking against moderators using IP checks to identify connections between regular and night accounts? I recently spoke with a moderator playing in this game who IP checked me and turned up all my anon FM account names.

I just don't want to get found out as the ventriloquist by moderators doing IP checks.

FM Blueno
February 23rd, 2013, 07:43 PM
I've been thinking. Maybe I could drug people to think they are charged, and even if they think its from a DD they might not risk it. The only chance this could end up failing is if they get accurate roles on both Neutrals. One of us -two might be risky- could claim charged, making that person slightly safer, if we get a PR drugged to think hes charged like the Escort, he will not risk RBing the one of us that claims charged.

Of course in order for one of us to be able to claim charged, then I would have to not charge anyone for one night, yet that night I could do something else that isn't to big and drags attention.

If one of us were to claim charged I believe that it CANNOT be the Infiltrator, I doubt the Rebels would want to recruit someone who has been charged. Perhaps the Vent, as he in my opinion is can control the Town, by being a Town Leader, through someone else.

FM Kalifa
February 23rd, 2013, 08:02 PM
Fragos, what steps are you taking against moderators using IP checks to identify connections between regular and night accounts? I recently spoke with a moderator playing in this game who IP checked me and turned up all my anon FM account names.

I just don't want to get found out as the ventriloquist by moderators doing IP checks.

I don't know about Fragos, but I'm pretty sure Raptor is capable of setting the FM accounts such that only himself and the FM Game Master (First Mate) can do ip checks on FM players. I think that's what they usually do to prevent this. The good news is that even if he didn't set it up that way, ips are unreliable. I have been told my mods that one of my ips matches that of the Game Master account, which I have never used and have no access to.

But if you're really worried about it, I guess you could use a proxy.

FM Kalifa
February 23rd, 2013, 08:07 PM
I've been thinking. Maybe I could drug people to think they are charged, and even if they think its from a DD they might not risk it. The only chance this could end up failing is if they get accurate roles on both Neutrals. One of us -two might be risky- could claim charged, making that person slightly safer, if we get a PR drugged to think hes charged like the Escort, he will not risk RBing the one of us that claims charged.

Of course in order for one of us to be able to claim charged, then I would have to not charge anyone for one night, yet that night I could do something else that isn't to big and drags attention.

If one of us were to claim charged I believe that it CANNOT be the Infiltrator, I doubt the Rebels would want to recruit someone who has been charged. Perhaps the Vent, as he in my opinion is can control the Town, by being a Town Leader, through someone else.

I don't like this plan because it unravels as soon as the neutrals are discovered and I currently don't have any faith that they'll manage to avoid detection for the entire game, especially because they are an easy target for an investigative role to sell out to get town to trust them.

FM Blueno
February 23rd, 2013, 09:14 PM
I don't like this plan because it unravels as soon as the neutrals are discovered and I currently don't have any faith that they'll manage to avoid detection for the entire game, especially because they are an easy target for an investigative role to sell out to get town to trust them.

Well then, perhaps if there are any Neutral Killers we might get them as allies? A neutral killer is alone and will almost certainly open up to a possible ally, knowing Neutrals I am sure that unless they were arrogant bastards trying to solo FM IV style.

Also, if there was a REAL Electromaniac, the plan could work in a sense. If we fake charge people then the Town won't know who is really charged or not.

FM Kalifa
February 23rd, 2013, 10:13 PM
Well then, perhaps if there are any Neutral Killers we might get them as allies? A neutral killer is alone and will almost certainly open up to a possible ally, knowing Neutrals I am sure that unless they were arrogant bastards trying to solo FM IV style.

Also, if there was a REAL Electromaniac, the plan could work in a sense. If we fake charge people then the Town won't know who is really charged or not.

I say we determine what the neutral is first. If it's electromaniac, then I say go with charging so they don't know which ones are real. If not, then don't because that would make it worthless. So for night 1, fake something like attack/heal or roleblock. Something that is certain to be in the game. After that we'll see the kills/feedback claims and we'll know what the neutral is and we can decide what to do with the drug dealer after that.

FM Blueno
February 23rd, 2013, 10:26 PM
I personally think we should try to get a Town Leader through the Vent. That way the Vent is safe, and if the Town ever suspects the one getting Vent'd then we need not worry about getting lynched.

Since the Town has no Investigative Roles, they have to focus on scum hunting, yet we have three roles that can completely mess with their scum hunting abilities. So if we play it right we could quite easily manipulate the Town.

FM Kalifa
February 23rd, 2013, 11:42 PM
I personally think we should try to get a Town Leader through the Vent. That way the Vent is safe, and if the Town ever suspects the one getting Vent'd then we need not worry about getting lynched.

Since the Town has no Investigative Roles, they have to focus on scum hunting, yet we have three roles that can completely mess with their scum hunting abilities. So if we play it right we could quite easily manipulate the Town.

I'm not sure about the vent being safe. Vent will have to remember to post from his own account enough to not be considered a lurker. I also recommend taking over the same person until they die, that way they never have an opportunity to tell everyone that they were targeted by the ventriloquist.