PDA

View Full Version : FIRST

philie
August 16th, 2011, 11:30 AM
Hi guise im a framer

philie
August 16th, 2011, 12:22 PM
So i'm having some thoughts.
Firstly, vorn did good last game and i'm afraid he is at risk - of being targeted by cult, but also by killing roles especially.
A lot of people who dont normally troll, made troll posts. Zack caught my attention especially. Claw can half-troll i guess.
Raiden is a good speaker. He has been an obvious consigliere for quite some time last game. If he is a power role he might be a threat.
Narks is trolling as hard as he ever trolls. Might ignore him first night.
Monster and zack are decent EU mafia players.
Zane is a EU mafia player and fancies siding with town as a neutral role.
Ascended mentioned citizen in day chat. Either he can be all but citizen for doing that day1. Or he is making a hint he wants to be recruited

chocopaw
August 16th, 2011, 01:32 PM
Sup mafia bros and brolinas?

Too bad our random became mafioso. :/

Philie wrote some pretty good stuff.
Let the town deal with Narks and other trolls, kill them only if we have reason to believe they are important. Trolling hits town the hardest.
That Zack is trolling is really interesting, but he would be more subtle than that if he were Jester. As long as he doesn't continue to do so, I presume it was just Day1 nonsense.

If you would want to kill Raiden, go ahead, I can't stand his gibberish. Nobody could trace that, because he is considered a high-value target. BUT the doctors probably know that as well.

Any suggestions on who to block? Maybe Narks because he really might be Mason leader?

vornksr
August 16th, 2011, 02:28 PM
Hi guys. It's a pleasure to be working with you all; I think we've got a good shot at being the first mafia team to win one of these. That said, we do seem to be at something of a disadvantage: the Sicilians have both a consig and a janitor, which strike me as the more powerful roles. It's also unfortunate that our random is a mafioso--but we'll make do.

I intend to take a hard line against the cult. The other killing factions are good for us (at least for now), but the cult is not. If one of us gets culted, he or she might as well betray the rest to the town: as FalseTruth demonstrated the last game, why should the cult convert more than 1 member of each mafia, since by getting one he gets power over the rest? I want to be able to trust you all, so as far as I'm concerned, the sooner the cult is destroyed the better.

As for how we should act during the day, and how we should all defend ourselves, I'm open to your suggestions. As a general rule, of course, we should try to avoid openly agreeing with each other too much. In particular, one danger that got both mafias last game was accidentally revealing information that the mafia had but wasn't public knowledge. Auckmid knew that oops was sk too early, and early on Jack & Raiden had the same ideas about who was cult leader. So be careful.

On the other hand, if you have ideas about how we might combine our roles to make a powerplay, I'd be happy to hear it. To investigators, it looks like we have a gunsmith, an armorsmith, and a jailor. Is there any way that two of us could publicly claim those roles to our advantage?

For now, I intend to play as if I were a citizen. Like last game, I should be posting aggressively to argue what I think is logically best for town. If an opportunity arises for me to claim something else, though, I might go ahead & take it.

What thoughts do you all have? What ought to be our overall strategy?

vornksr
August 16th, 2011, 02:39 PM
As for who to target tonight, here are my thoughts:

In case you missed it, on reply #92 (page 7), Rumpel used "invisible ink" to say this: "I'm the Physician this town deserves..." That message was wedged between two lines of regular text.

I'm almost positive that Raiden was referring to that when he said "Make proper use of your brainskills: a lot of info has leaked through the lines of today's posts" in reply #142 (page 10). He wanted to make sure that a doctor/armorsmith caught the reveal and would protect Rumpel.

Now, I don't know what Rumpel is up to. He might be a citizen, trying to attract mafia kills. Or he might be making a subtle role claim now that he'll use in his defense later (like I did last game). In that case, he's either a doctor or the sk/mafia setting up a lie. No reason to attack him--but it makes him a good candidate for roleblocking. If he's the sk, we'll learn so very soon.

As for Raiden, I think that only a townie would say what he said. If Raiden is a Siciliano, he wouldn't need to point Rumpel's claim out in public. If he's anyone else but town, why bother? So I'm 95% sure Raiden's town, which makes him a good target for us.

I'm perfectly open to other alternatives, though. On the off chance that I don't make it back here in time, though, I'll leave a preliminary vote:

kill Raiden send vornskr

(I'm sending myself rather than Inca, since he hasn't posted yet and might have gotten jailed.)

Inca_Killa
August 16th, 2011, 02:42 PM
Hi. I'm new to forum mafia and i'm both nervous and excited to be a part of this. Anyways, obviously enough i'll do all the killing unless another situation comes up, since i'm most expendable :P. Obviously enough I appear as an armorsmith(or gun, ithink armor tho) to invests so if I have too, I might have to pretend to be that role. We are for sure at a disadvantage though because we do not have the janitor. Lets hope we don't get D1 Investigated/killed.

Anyways, to the matter at hand. Who should we kill? General mafia logic dictates we should avoid the most obvious targets and go for someone less likely to be hit N1. Obviously the doctors might think that too but due to the amount of players alive, I think we will still come out on top and manage our kill.

Lastly, we also have a framer. I think it would be a good idea to frame NARKS because investigators might try to clear him early due to him being such a big troll and likely to not be hit N1. IT would be advantageous for them to know if he is in fact Mason Leader, and if so, protect him at any cost due to mason's strengths versus the cult and versus the mafia. What do you guys think?

Inca_Killa
August 16th, 2011, 02:44 PM
I'll go with your idea for nor Vorn.
Vote Raiden

send Inca_Killa

I just posted after you :P. Just got up in-fact lol.

I'll be checking this regularly today so I can change my vote anytime.

vornksr
August 16th, 2011, 02:50 PM
Glad to have you with us. :)

kill Raiden send Inca_Killer

Just as a warning, I'm technically on vacation at the moment. My internet connection is not the best, and occasionally I've got stuff I have to do. But I'll try to be around a lot nevertheless.

chocopaw
August 16th, 2011, 03:03 PM
Okay so should I maybe block Rumpel, as he might be a doctor?

Inca_Killa
August 16th, 2011, 03:07 PM
Okay so should I maybe block Rumpel, as he might be a doctor?

Its Inca_KILLA guys :P.

But w/e lol.

I think Rumpel is probably a citizen trying to take a hit for the power roles. But who knows. I have to say that the invisible text is annoying as hell. I think we should leave him for the other Mafia/SK IMHO

vornksr
August 16th, 2011, 03:12 PM
My bad. :(
(During the last game, I thought everybody was spelling my name wrong all the time--then I realized I'd made a typo when I registered here. :P)

Choco, blocking Rumpel sounds like a good idea to me, although Inca's right that Rumpel might just be a cit. I'd say go ahead and do it, unless anyone has another person they think ought to be blocked.

As for who to frame, I'm tempted to say Claw or AscendedOne, since they're posting so aggressively. But I'm not sure that either of those are a great idea.

Inca_Killa
August 16th, 2011, 03:19 PM
also because town knows we have a framer, once we pick someone we should probably stay on him with the framer unless we have a reason to switch, otherwise town might double invest someone to make sure.

chocopaw
August 16th, 2011, 03:22 PM
-Block Rumpel

Yeah, frame one of those. :)

As for doublechecking, I'm not sure, town seemed rather eager to lynch last game.^^

vornksr
August 16th, 2011, 03:27 PM
Question: what do you all think I ought to do if I get attacked tonight? (I'll survive b/c I'm immune.)

Come forth and claim that I was healed by a doctor, or say nothing & let the attacker realize that he attacked someone who was immune?

FalseTruth
August 16th, 2011, 03:45 PM
So far I have,

kill Raiden send vornskr
block Rumpel
After your frame decision, I will consider all your actions as completed.

Goonswarm
August 16th, 2011, 04:06 PM
So far I have,

kill Raiden send vornskr
block Rumpel
After your frame decision, I will consider all your actions as completed.

Night 1 completion is currently pending based on the final actions your Kingdom decides to carry out. There is 0 rush if you would like more discussion time, however we may begin day 2 once your actions are submitted.

Currently needing action from: phillie

philie
August 16th, 2011, 04:34 PM
staying on might clear him as much as it could confirm him - he would come up as a different role and that would just be a waste.
I am also tempted to frame Narks, but i fear he will be ignored or killed tonight.
I also hope that my post was ignored by town (since im not jailed) and interpreted as a witch claim by others.
Vorn is the ultimate mafia and cult target to me. I really hope they think differently.

Framing narks might look too obvious to the town. Checking him and discovering he is a mafia might not even lead to a lynch. i would like to frame one of the quietly passive guys: Darth Sand, MileS; or the people who are seemingly good friends from sc2 mafia: oops, auckimid, claw, caress. That way chances are high they would check each other hoping to screw each other over.
My preliminary decision, unless changes, would be
FRAME CLAWTROCITY

philie
August 16th, 2011, 04:36 PM
DO NOT end the night. I would like a an hours for vorn to comment on it. if nothing happens, close it.

Goonswarm
August 16th, 2011, 04:50 PM
Not a problem, simply let me know when you are set to go.

Inca_Killa
August 16th, 2011, 05:10 PM
do I have to do the colors or my votes are not counted?
kill Raiden
send Inca_Killa

Vote me guys instead of Vorn.

Inca_Killa
August 16th, 2011, 05:12 PM
also you're right I agree with your logic. Lets frame one of the quieter guys instead of NArks.

philie
August 16th, 2011, 05:26 PM
Oh well. There doesnt seen to be anyone who can point out the flaw of the decision. Its final. Frame Claw, end day.

To you all remaining, i wish you a good night and hope you will remain the next morning, hopefully undetected.

FalseTruth
August 16th, 2011, 05:37 PM
Day won't end for a while because of other reasons. Feel free to discuss further. You can still change any decision at anytime if you feel inclined.

As for now, I am considering all your actions as completed.

philie frames claw
inca_killa kills raiden
chocopaw blocks rumpel

vornksr
August 16th, 2011, 06:20 PM
I'm perfectly happy with the actions as they stand now. philie, I think your other suggestions of who to frame are good ones--particularly MileS (but maybe I'm just carrying over prejudices from the last game).

I think Claw's a good choice, though--although he's playing more aggressively than he has before. I wonder what that might indicate.

Good luck, all. Let's hope the night goes well & that tomorrow is a good day for the Neapolitan kingdom.

Goonswarm
August 17th, 2011, 12:44 PM
Updated death note mechanics in the welcome post.

Inca_Killa
August 20th, 2011, 04:28 AM
test