PDA

View Full Version : FM 16 Epilogue

Forum Mafia GM
January 18th, 2013, 05:58 PM
At the end of an exhausting town war. Only 2 people remained standing: Gimli and Cluseau. With uncertain ease, they stared at each other, not willing to turn their back to a potential enemy. With Frogs death, they knew that they had a 50/50 chance that they had killed the witch. It was hopeless, they never trusted each other again. Even if they had succeeded in killing the witch, life would never be the same in FuzzywuzzyTown.

Frog has been buried alive... he is the Witch. Stay tuned for FM17 where he escapes his grave!

FM 16 Game Statistics:

Mafia killed: 7.5 town - 0 scum
Vig killed: 5.5 town - 0 scum
Gun owners killed: 5 town - 0 scum
Jailor killed: 0 town - 1 scum
FuzzywuzzyTown lynched: 2 town - 6 scum
FM GM modkilled: 8 town - 1 scum

Final Town-Scum ratio after modkills: 26 vs 7 (28 v 7 would be the initial 4-1)
Town remaining: 2/34 5%

Despite the incredible odds against scum this game, and the low scum kpn, the scum came very close to seizing victory. Scum dominated the night, but couldn't stand together during the day to cause mislynches which lead to their downfall. This was a very entertaining game from a hosts point of view, I'm surprised it came this close.

Awards:

For leading the Town in scumhunting against multiple people with reliable evidence (which didn't always point to scum) and starting more bandwagons than anyone else and for valiant efforts to find the scum. Auckmid is the Town MVP. Unlike most people that may have been more accurate in their hunches, Auckmid demonstrated his evidence in a way that was very hard for anyone to defend himself. As for his night actions, even though he gave 2 items to scum (1 being a random vest n1), they could not use them as they wished, Wolverine was forced to comply to Auckmids demands and thus town always controlled the gunman. And despite town failing every single night at hitting scum with those guns, I still agree that giving out guns is better than giving out vests that never get used. His unpredictability minimized the witches efforts to control the guns.

For taking over as commander of the Mafia once the GF was killed, and for extensive wifom use as well as causing the only mislynch that was not known during the game. Gerik is Scum MVP. Unlike most of the scum that laid back and followed the sheep, Wolverine tried more than any other scum to mislead the town. And as GM, I have to say, most of his posts were well thought out and mostly protown. It is in my opinion that lynching the vig the day he revealed would have been more pro-town than against town. Unfortunately, early mistakes were never forgotten and he somehow could never get out of peoples heads as a scummy lurker, which is strange since he participated more than most people.

For remaining undetected to most living players and almost clinching victory for the Scum. Clementine has earned the Players Choice award. It was a very close decision that Frog didn't get the Scum MVP award as well. But something very few of you know, I protected Frog early on. The jailor was random jailing and executing.. Frog was the next one to be jailed, thus I could not give him MVP as he would have been instantly found out even if he wasn't executed, the missing witch action would point right to him.

For starting days exactly when he meant to and not a second late, the Time Keeper award goes to Yayap, who already had it since FM-X. So he retains his title of most punctual host.
I must also thank oops_ur_dead for the voting tool, I would never have been able to host with my busy schedule if I had to count votes all day. And it certainly made my job much easier.

I have a few ideas what I want to change for the next FMs, but I want to hear from you:

1- Did you enjoy the less follow the PR type game?
2- Was the voting mechanics easy to use?
3- What would you change if you were hosting this game?
and most of all
4- Did you have fun?

Gerik
January 18th, 2013, 06:10 PM
Aww, we don't get nifty banner thingies to put in our signatures?!

1. Yes. This game was nothing if not balanced. There were enough PRs to create , but so many that they overwhelmed the game. I suppose you could argue that the early sheriff claims lead to quite a bit of "follow the PR", but they only found 2 scum, 1 of which was basically already on the chopping block.

2. Sort of. It took a bit of figuring out, but once I realized that unvote is unnecessary when transferring the vote from one person to another, it was pretty simple.

3. I actually can't think of anything I'd change. It was really well done. You're a good host.

4. Yes. It took some getting used to, but once I figured it out, I thoroughly enjoyed it, and I already look forward to the next one.

Damus_Graves
January 18th, 2013, 06:13 PM
GG!!!!

Hurray!!!
Town wins!!

Very nice play very nice play indeedy.
I had tons of fun this game ^.^
I loved the style of this game that relied more on voting patterns and post analysis over PR leads.
I'd not changed anything as this was a damn good hosted game.

Fatalis
January 18th, 2013, 06:13 PM
What if Brendan was actually following the game and predicted that frog was scum :O

Numbertwo
January 18th, 2013, 06:15 PM
Yeah, good game too bad you had to modkill so many useless citizens. looking forward to the next Fm.

Fatalis
January 18th, 2013, 06:17 PM
GG!!!!

Hurray!!!
Town wins!!

Very nice play very nice play indeedy.
I had tons of fun this game ^.^
I loved the style of this game that relied more on voting patterns and post analysis over PR leads.
I'd not changed anything as this was a damn good hosted game.

Sorry I fucked up FoSing you agahnim :P

Numbertwo
January 18th, 2013, 06:20 PM
Sorry I fucked up FoSing you agahnim :P

Even the scums thought agahnim was a scum.

CmG
January 18th, 2013, 06:24 PM
If i learned 1 thing out of this game its that the sc2mafia community is not compatible with mass citizen games. I will remember this game as an experiment which was interesting to follow but ultimatively failed in the end. Thanks to the lack of activity, thought and time people invested into this. Yes i know xmas, new year whatever. But try to be honest with yourself. Would you have spend more time with the game otherwise? Probably not. In the end everyone just followed the TPR over 80% of the whole game. I am just glad that at least 1 competent town was left at the end to make the right decision.

I seriously hope that the next FM's aren't citizen based. If i would want to play like that i would be on another page.

Oh yeah. Gz to our MVP's. You surely deserve to be credited for your performance in this game. Both of you had a pretty huge impact on the outcomming of the game. Which went hand in hand with your night action cababilities. I really have high expectations of you 2 in FM17.

Woops. I almost fogot the most important thing. Thanks for hosting this FM, Yayap. Like always you are the most punctional host on sc2mafia. Kudos to you.

Damus_Graves
January 18th, 2013, 06:27 PM
Even the scums thought agahnim was a scum.

agahnim is the best scum.

Jim
January 18th, 2013, 06:45 PM
Funny thing is that I actually was following the game, I was just a cit with little opinion on anything and would rather lurk then just post useless spam.
Not sure if I skipped the page where it said pm him or get mod killed or just skimmed over it but I didn't notice untill I saw I was modkilled.

LeaD
January 18th, 2013, 06:47 PM
Too many citizens seemed like scum / hardcore lurked. That pretty much sums up my opinion about this FM

Azuriae
January 18th, 2013, 07:00 PM
Fun game. Although I do agree that, Because it had an insane amount of Citizens AND that the FM happened right in the middle of the holidays and that some people were really busy (Including myself), the lurkyness was to be expected; especially with the high number of players.

It was a overall enjoyable game; Only thing I would recommend next time is to be more constant with the modkills.

I really didn't play my best on this game; And I was rather lurky on the first days.
I, honestly, prefer games with more PRs, as much as I enjoy playing Citizen myself :)

Voss
January 18th, 2013, 07:01 PM
citizen was fun. claiming doctor n1 and no one believing it the whole game. should be fun to do it again.

Voss
January 18th, 2013, 07:02 PM
Never played FM before soooo........ but people should just man up and play their damn cit roles

yes. once it was fixed.

more consistent modkillings

and most of all
4- Did you have fun?
yes. a lot.

Damus_Graves
January 18th, 2013, 07:03 PM
citizen was fun. claiming doctor n1 and no one believing it the whole game. should be fun to do it again.

xD

Never played FM before soooo........ but people should just man up and play their damn cit roles

yes. once it was fixed.

more consistent modkillings

and most of all
4- Did you have fun?
yes. a lot.

Indeed. But the Host did really well.
FMGM MVP!

Fatalis
January 18th, 2013, 07:05 PM
To be completely honest, I was sad there were no Role Play :P

AppleyNO
January 18th, 2013, 07:06 PM
First off I have to say Good Game to everyone. I am always impressed by Clementine, who I would have never guessed was the witch. Gerik played a great game, and Auckmid arguable saved us. Good work everyone.

Secondly. I want to commit suicide after this game. I played terribly. Like Terribly Terribly. I need to be banished or something. I really let my namesake, Indiana Jones, down. Such a depressing play by me. I must practice!

Lol. I can't answer that.
Yes. It was annoying if you had text under the vote tags because it wouldn't count the vote sometimes.
Giving Appley sheriff Not much at all. I would like to see a Random Any just to mess with people xD
4- Did you have fun?
Of course.

Thank you for hosting this Yayap. I look forward to FM 17.

Fatalis
January 18th, 2013, 07:11 PM
uuu I didn't see questions b4

Nope, too many lurking
I don;'t think there is any noticeable difference then typing in red
Having the better players as mafia, since they are at a heavy number disadvantage
4- Did you have fun?
Sure! But I was sad I played badly, I'm a terrible scumhunter

Voss
January 18th, 2013, 07:14 PM

LOL i was up for mafia hit n3, i was reading the chats. i almost died, but the GF said i should be investigated. THE MAFIA KNEW THE WHOLE DAMN TIME. darn them

Fatalis
January 18th, 2013, 07:15 PM
*looks at Slaol for killing me*

AppleyNO
January 18th, 2013, 07:16 PM
Lol, Night 5 is my favorite night.

I went to check Hambulgluar
I was witched onto Hambugluar
I was killed.
I was given a Vest.

+1 everyone.

BorkBot
January 18th, 2013, 07:16 PM
Sadly, most citizens lurked and/or sheeped after PR's. A bunch of them even flaunted in the day chat that everyone should sheep after unCC'd PR's just because they were the only proven town.

Most of the scumhunting was done by a select few people and many of those reads were off because the majority of the scum (Dracula, Locutus, Spongebob, Rubber Ducky) semi-lurked among the lurky citizens because it was their best chance to blend in (or because they weren't interested enough, like those citizens).

Many people just don't know what to do without night actions, because they're spoilt by SC2 mafia power roles.

I think a better alternative would be to give citizens some kind of tiny impact at night, or adding some special mechanics that citizens can talk about and that could help in finding the scum. Like letting them solve a puzzle or something to get a small clue or a one-use night action.

AppleyNO
January 18th, 2013, 07:20 PM
I wonder how different the game would be if Last Wills were in place?

BorkBot
January 18th, 2013, 07:22 PM
Completely different, because Clementine's hypo-claim plan decided the entire course of the game.

Gerik
January 18th, 2013, 07:33 PM
I highly recommend everyone look at the FMGM archives if you haven't already done so. Particularly night 2, which is hilarious (sorry, Gandalf).

Ash
January 18th, 2013, 07:37 PM
FM GM modkilled: 8 town - 1 scum

FIRST OF ALL, I've got to say: WHAT THE FLYING FUCK? HERE'S A SUGGESTION: NEXT TIME, DON'T PUT EVERYONE WHO SIGNED UP INTO THE GAME. THERE SHOULD BE A FRACTION OF SIGNERS PUT INTO RESERVES LIST, TO PREVENT THIS FROM HAPPENING. LIKE 3/15 OF THE TOTAL SIGNERS SHOULD BE PUT INTO RESERVES LIST. OR MAKE A PREMEDITATED SET-UP AND PUT THE LEFTOVER SIGNERS INTO RESERVE. sorry, but modkills are disturbing. i was already dead and i found this disturbing.

and most of all
4- Did you have fun?
1- i didnt do much, but it was okay. doctors failed btw
2- yes
3- refer to my paragraph in caps lock. i fucking hate modkills. apart from that, Y CAPTAIN JACK SPARROW NO GET MVP?
4- yes

Azuriae
January 18th, 2013, 07:53 PM
Grow up.

Oh come on, Mister MVP.
That wasn't all too serious.

I just think that he seriously should've reread Frog's post, and to this day, I still don't understand how he ''confirmed'' Clementine as town.

Like I said, Lynching him was the best move. Town probably would've lost it if they didn't.

Auckmid
January 18th, 2013, 08:03 PM
GG guys. Even with all the citizen modkills, I still thought it was a realy good game.

I do very much like the citizen based setup, and was sad that there were so many rage-quiters
Yes
and most of all
I have to agree somewhat with Ash. I would have been fine with less players and more reserves. Oh so many modkills...
4- Did you have fun?
Yes
Oh come on, Mister MVP.
That wasn't all too serious.

I just think that he seriously should've reread Frog's post, and to this day, I still don't understand how he ''confirmed'' Clementine as town.

Like I said, Lynching him was the best move. Town probably would've lost it if they didn't.

While I agree that Fragos did not play anywhere near his best this game, calling someone out as LVP is realy bad taste.

Forum Mafia GM
January 18th, 2013, 08:07 PM
The only people that deserve LVP are those that got modkilled (except LeaD who has been exonerated).

Brendan
January 18th, 2013, 09:30 PM
tl;dr yayap modkills for good town night actions.

FM The Joker
January 18th, 2013, 10:12 PM
Well the game was interesting, probably my last.

TwentyTwo
January 18th, 2013, 10:25 PM
Very fun, I loved the setup. Pretty good experience for my first fm game.

Ash
January 18th, 2013, 10:27 PM
Are you like the only host that hasn't posted a video in their epilogue? Or images??

Jim
January 18th, 2013, 10:27 PM
tl;dr yayap modkills for good town night actions.

Ya I just noticed u were jailor who killed Pinkie but guess that isn't active.

Azuriae
January 18th, 2013, 11:13 PM
Well the game was interesting, probably my last.

Hey you! Yes, you!
What happened to your heal? D:

Did you forget to submit a night action?

Brendan
January 18th, 2013, 11:35 PM
Ya I just noticed u were jailor who killed Pinkie but guess that isn't active.

I would've killed Clementine too but Yayap ended my righteous rampage before it could begin.

Auckmid
January 18th, 2013, 11:52 PM
Who's hosting next FM? CmG?

Ash
January 19th, 2013, 12:00 AM
Who's hosting next FM? CmG?
I am.

Mugy
January 19th, 2013, 12:46 AM
Raptor by the looks of it.

Slaol
January 19th, 2013, 12:47 AM
Slaol should host to save everyone else the trouble of playing games with me. I guarantee everyone will get some kind of Most Valuable something.

creedkingsx
January 19th, 2013, 01:20 AM
Wait 2 people got respected? Why? lol

Slaol
January 19th, 2013, 01:28 AM
Wait 2 people got respected? Why? lol

Yayap wants them.

Edit: 3 actually. Clem just hasn't posted

Nick
January 19th, 2013, 01:34 AM
Auckmid is already MVP. So only clementine and Gerik are new.

Slaol
January 19th, 2013, 01:35 AM
Auckmid is already MVP. So only clementine and Gerik are new.

Did auk just not use color? Coulda sworn I never saw the badge on him...

Nick
January 19th, 2013, 01:38 AM
Did auk just not use color? Coulda sworn I never saw the badge on him...

Perhaps I'm mistaken.

Slaol
January 19th, 2013, 01:41 AM
1: Yes, made 4 easy
2: No, but helped 4
3: More acknowledgement- please see 4
4: Sure did, I live to troll

creedkingsx
January 19th, 2013, 01:43 AM
Perhaps I'm mistaken.

You are. :P
It's hard to believe, but yeah, first time for him. :D
Congrats, Auckmid.

Auckmid
January 19th, 2013, 01:55 AM
Thx guys.

This is indeed my first time winning MVP in a big FM game. Teal is a nice colour, so I would use it if I could:)

Auckmid
January 19th, 2013, 01:59 AM
Now, anywayz, about this...

Ok, I'm back. Lol forgive me that I prioritized my 1 year anniversary dinner over playing fm. Nobody hammer until I have time to post some stuff, please.

Cute^.^

Slaol
January 19th, 2013, 02:08 AM
Now, anywayz, about this...

Cute^.^

Shoulda been a dead give away of COM name. Almost as clear as every post I made

Auckmid
January 19th, 2013, 02:10 AM

I didn't pay too much attention to COM, but I guessed you were Clueseau, Damnus was Agahnim and Blazer was King Tut (wanted to be wrong. Why you put so little effort Blazer:()

TwentyTwo
January 19th, 2013, 02:20 AM

I was pretty sure who you were on Day 8. You were so dense.

Damus_Graves
January 19th, 2013, 02:24 AM
I didn't pay too much attention to COM, but I guessed you were Clueseau, Damnus was Agahnim and Blazer was King Tut (wanted to be wrong. Why you put so little effort Blazer:()

^.^

I'm super obvious always.

Fatalis
January 19th, 2013, 02:36 AM
I knew CmG was Jack because he said to nuke Indonesia :P

clementine
January 19th, 2013, 03:06 AM
Congratulations town! You guys really pulled it together at the end there :P
When there were 4 players left, my plan was to post full reads on everybody, maintain my scum read on Tut, but eventually after much thought and debate get convinced of Gimli scum. Gimli flips town, and then I tell Cluseau "I TOLD YOU, ITS TUT!!!!" and then we lynch Tut and scum wins. Unfortunately, I think Tut's untimely modkill while I wasn't available to do damage control and discredit Gimli was pretty bad for me. I had a lot of fun though! Thanks everyone for the player's choice award! :]

Some thoughts on the game:
Town:
Aghanim - For the longest time I was absolutely convinced you were sk based on the way you strongly insisted I was a town read after the night I was attacked by the sk. I think that as town, you have a really good presence in chat, but you could improve by having better followup on all the questions you ask in chat. A good town player will ask people questions just to get people talking, but a great town player will ask questions with intent and purpose (and follow up with analysis of the answers received).
Anubis - Great job! I found your actions really pro-town the whole game. You played citizen well! :] I think that fake doctor claims as a citizen have to be done with caution, but you knew when it was time to expose your intentions and let Rubber Ducky self destruct :P
Captain Obvious - On the night I attacked you with the vig, I was sending mental messages to Damus (who I thought was scum) that I would continue to witch/kill the "Obvious" targets. I haven't played much with you, but I hope to come across you in an upcoming S-FM or M-FM :]
Ceasar - Oh Auckmid! Why didn't you give me a gun!? I wanted one so badly!! :P Every FM I play, you end up leading your faction to victory. A well deserved Town MVP! I'm so glad people ignored your first post analysis! I did my best to clog up the chat with text walls to bury yours :P
Col Jack ONeill - Great job Raptorblaze! I think I had a bit of a negative view on you as a FM player ever since reading you as Faykan in FM 14 when you kinda exposed the jailor, so I was pleasantly surprised to see your COM behind this anon account! You're definitely improving!! :]
Cookie Monster - Lol Fatalis. I totally didn't realize you were behind the Cookie Monster account. For some reason I thought it was AppleyNO :P You did a lot of good stuff this game, but I remember really wanting you to understand that your FoS of lurkers needs to take into consideration scum or town motivation behind lurking. I betcha read the whole setup this time :P Keep being awesome! :]
Gandalf - People kind of gave me a hard time about flip-flopping on your lynch, but even if I was town I would still find it 100% scummy that you came up with a convenient doctor claim to prolong your FM life. Yes, you put out the huge "IM ACTUALLY CIT FAKE CLAIMING DOC" flags when you posted that the other doc should not heal you and you would not be healing any of the sheriffs, but it seemed just as easy to flip "IM ACTUALLY SCUM FAKE CLAIMING DOC". However, I appreciate your playstyle and was secretly relieved that you got lynched early! :P
Gimli - OMG WHO ARE YOU! Y U FOIL MY CHANCES OF WINNING!!! I'd quite like to play another game with you where you're in from the beginning instead of replacing in. Well done! You kept pointing out all the posts I wished I had worded differently and it kept making me really uncomfortable (in a good way).
Indiana Jones - Where was the hyperactive AppleyNO who always seems to know when I'm scum!!! :[ Don't beat yourself up too much about it though!
Inspector Cluseau - Slaol no!!!! You were supposed to remember Damus's SFM when we were both citizens who didn't trust each other and then pulled out the win. If I was on when Tut was modkilled what's the chance you would have voted Gimli with me? :P
Jack Sparrow - I laughed so hard when Damus called you out D1 for "being consig" and you started getting rage-y. Why are we never of the same alignment? :[
King Arthur - Always fun playing with you, BorkBot! When you started calling me witch, I thought you might be sk. :P
Sherlock - This wasn't your best game, but I guess I only say that because I know what you're capable of when you have the time to invest into a game. Don't let the haters get you down!

Scum:
Locutus - I had absolutely no idea you were Ginger! Thought you were King Tut due to the cute avatar :P
Pinkie Pie - Woah it's Nick! Come back and play more MFM/SFM's with me!
Rubber Ducky - I totally didn't think you would be the sk. I was actually shocked when I saw the flip. You did pretty well especially with your night kills (except for that fail doctor claim) :[
Wolverine - Congrats on scum MVP!! You did super well for your (first?) FM! :] I was pleasantly pleased by the nice synergy of our night actions (even though I kept sending mind-messages to Damus the whole game) :P

FM Game Master:

Yes, but I thought it was funny that it was still town following the PR's for most of the game. Perhaps if instead of 2 sheriffs, 2 doctors you put in 4 sheriffs, no doctors that would have discouraged sheriffs to out their results so early.

Honestly, not really. People kept saying I fail voted when I had absolutely no intention of fail voting the whole game. Also, if the vote tally could be made chronologically that would be an immense help. Shouldn't be too hard to implement, right?

I'd like to see you host a closed setup with no last wills. Just tell us the game is properly balanced and we can go from there. It's more interesting that way! Also, I agree with Ash about not including all players who sign up in the game. A healthy reserves pile is always better than mass modkills. Ideally you'd create a balanced setup and not have to even factor in modkills.

and most of all
4- Did you have fun?
Yep! Thanks Yayap for hosting! :]

Slaol
January 19th, 2013, 03:07 AM
I was pretty sure who you were on Day 8. You were so dense.

Others knew it on day 1. Also, please consider me dense, it is good for future meta for me. I also knew you on day 4ish, having no past FMs to observe. So well done, you are officially not good at meta. Also, don't post videos that have video suggestions after them that have the game that your avatar is from.

Slaol
January 19th, 2013, 03:09 AM
Clem- 0. I had you on like day 5, and only FoS'd Gmli to see you react. Your final chance was to lynch me on day J, which was commented on that day when i stated that I was the only thing between the Witch and victory.

I was really just mad when the extra day of megalulz that I had planned for was taken from me :( You troll all game and don't even get to complete it.

vornksr
January 19th, 2013, 03:25 AM
Good game everyone. It was a lot of fun, for the short time I was alive. Auckmid, congrats on winning MVP... you've been playing long enough to deserve it at least once. :)

Yayap,

1. Yes. But there was still too much following the PR's.
2. Yep.
3. Don't admit people who are going to lurk as cits. Don't have any confirmed doctors, or have only one confirmed investigative role. Make citizens think for themselves. As hopeless as that goal might be.
4. Absolutely. Sad it's over. :(

Chane
January 19th, 2013, 03:57 AM
game was good but it SUCKED for me to be modkilled so early on just as my plan was unfolding. who pushed for a wolverine lynch on d3? hamburglar <--

told you he was scum. besides that getting modkilled for using a FM players name in different context (but with quote to rofl which was my mistake) in CJ makes me scratch my head. game sucked for me for this reason and I want another blazer FM. coulda done a lot more then my replacement, he failed on using his gun right.

Slaol
January 19th, 2013, 03:59 AM
game was good but it SUCKED for me to be modkilled so early on just as my plan was unfolding. who pushed for a wolverine lynch on d3? hamburglar <--

told you he was scum. besides that getting modkilled for using a FM players name in different context (but with quote to rofl which was my mistake) in CJ makes me scratch my head. game sucked for me for this reason and I want another blazer FM. coulda done a lot more then my replacement, he failed on using his gun right.

Ham had no gun

Fatalis
January 19th, 2013, 04:09 AM
When there were 4 players left, my plan was to post full reads on everybody, maintain my scum read on Tut, but eventually after much thought and debate get convinced of Gimli scum. Gimli flips town, and then I tell Cluseau "I TOLD YOU, ITS TUT!!!!" and then we lynch Tut and scum wins. Unfortunately, I think Tut's untimely modkill while I wasn't available to do damage control and discredit Gimli was pretty bad for me. I had a lot of fun though! Thanks everyone for the player's choice award! :]

Town:
Aghanim - For the longest time I was absolutely convinced you were sk based on the way you strongly insisted I was a town read after the night I was attacked by the sk. I think that as town, you have a really good presence in chat, but you could improve by having better followup on all the questions you ask in chat. A good town player will ask people questions just to get people talking, but a great town player will ask questions with intent and purpose (and follow up with analysis of the answers received).
Anubis - Great job! I found your actions really pro-town the whole game. You played citizen well! :] I think that fake doctor claims as a citizen have to be done with caution, but you knew when it was time to expose your intentions and let Rubber Ducky self destruct :P
Captain Obvious - On the night I attacked you with the vig, I was sending mental messages to Damus (who I thought was scum) that I would continue to witch/kill the "Obvious" targets. I haven't played much with you, but I hope to come across you in an upcoming S-FM or M-FM :]
Ceasar - Oh Auckmid! Why didn't you give me a gun!? I wanted one so badly!! :P Every FM I play, you end up leading your faction to victory. A well deserved Town MVP! I'm so glad people ignored your first post analysis! I did my best to clog up the chat with text walls to bury yours :P
Col Jack ONeill - Great job Raptorblaze! I think I had a bit of a negative view on you as a FM player ever since reading you as Faykan in FM 14 when you kinda exposed the jailor, so I was pleasantly surprised to see your COM behind this anon account! You're definitely improving!! :]
Cookie Monster - Lol Fatalis. I totally didn't realize you were behind the Cookie Monster account. For some reason I thought it was AppleyNO :P You did a lot of good stuff this game, but I remember really wanting you to understand that your FoS of lurkers needs to take into consideration scum or town motivation behind lurking. I betcha read the whole setup this time :P Keep being awesome! :]
Gandalf - People kind of gave me a hard time about flip-flopping on your lynch, but even if I was town I would still find it 100% scummy that you came up with a convenient doctor claim to prolong your FM life. Yes, you put out the huge "IM ACTUALLY CIT FAKE CLAIMING DOC" flags when you posted that the other doc should not heal you and you would not be healing any of the sheriffs, but it seemed just as easy to flip "IM ACTUALLY SCUM FAKE CLAIMING DOC". However, I appreciate your playstyle and was secretly relieved that you got lynched early! :P
Gimli - OMG WHO ARE YOU! Y U FOIL MY CHANCES OF WINNING!!! I'd quite like to play another game with you where you're in from the beginning instead of replacing in. Well done! You kept pointing out all the posts I wished I had worded differently and it kept making me really uncomfortable (in a good way).
Indiana Jones - Where was the hyperactive AppleyNO who always seems to know when I'm scum!!! :[ Don't beat yourself up too much about it though!
Inspector Cluseau - Slaol no!!!! You were supposed to remember Damus's SFM when we were both citizens who didn't trust each other and then pulled out the win. If I was on when Tut was modkilled what's the chance you would have voted Gimli with me? :P
Jack Sparrow - I laughed so hard when Damus called you out D1 for "being consig" and you started getting rage-y. Why are we never of the same alignment? :[
King Arthur - Always fun playing with you, BorkBot! When you started calling me witch, I thought you might be sk. :P
Sherlock - This wasn't your best game, but I guess I only say that because I know what you're capable of when you have the time to invest into a game. Don't let the haters get you down!

Scum:
Locutus - I had absolutely no idea you were Ginger! Thought you were King Tut due to the cute avatar :P
Rubber Ducky - I totally didn't think you would be the sk. I was actually shocked when I saw the flip. You did pretty well especially with your night kills (except for that fail doctor claim) :[
Wolverine - Congrats on scum MVP!! You did super well for your (first?) FM! :] I was pleasantly pleased by the nice synergy of our night actions (even though I kept sending mind-messages to Damus the whole game) :P

FM Game Master:

Yes, but I thought it was funny that it was still town following the PR's for most of the game. Perhaps if instead of 2 sheriffs, 2 doctors you put in 4 sheriffs, no doctors that would have discouraged sheriffs to out their results so early.

Honestly, not really. People kept saying I fail voted when I had absolutely no intention of fail voting the whole game. Also, if the vote tally could be made chronologically that would be an immense help. Shouldn't be too hard to implement, right?

I'd like to see you host a closed setup with no last wills. Just tell us the game is properly balanced and we can go from there. It's more interesting that way! Also, I agree with Ash about not including all players who sign up in the game. A healthy reserves pile is always better than mass modkills. Ideally you'd create a balanced setup and not have to even factor in modkills.

and most of all
4- Did you have fun?
Of course I did :D didn't you see my summary of the setup thread

clementine
January 19th, 2013, 04:18 AM
Of course I did :D didn't you see my summary of the setup thread

Haha I'm so proud of you :P

LeaD
January 19th, 2013, 06:00 AM

Read the graveyard. And i still have you fooled about getting a gun :3

Damus_Graves
January 19th, 2013, 07:04 AM

Town:

Scum:

FM Game Master:

and most of all
4- Did you have fun?

xD

I see what you mean by followup now.
When you accused me of being scum saying that I was like: Dafuq? WHAT DOES THAT MEAN!???
:p

Gerik
January 19th, 2013, 10:48 AM

I was just glad it worked out. I probably considered a thousand different ways each night could go once you had control of the vigilante. Out of curiosity, did you ever figure out (before I was lynched, of course) that I was your ally?

Ash
January 19th, 2013, 11:05 AM
Thanks for anyone who supported my modkill complaint. Gratz to the MVPs. Especially auckmid. auckmid def mvp.

and grats sloal for MVP, too

MissingNo
January 19th, 2013, 01:14 PM
I take all credit for Gimli surviving to the end.

Apocist
January 19th, 2013, 08:04 PM
Still mad, had a 6 game winning streak going, my first lose

clementine
January 19th, 2013, 08:40 PM
I was just glad it worked out. I probably considered a thousand different ways each night could go once you had control of the vigilante. Out of curiosity, did you ever figure out (before I was lynched, of course) that I was your ally?

After spongebob flipped mafia, I threw out my pick of Aghanim/Cluseau as the mafia. It's funny because at one point in time I was so convinced it was Aghanim/Cluseau as mafia and I thought I could probably get you and Spongebob mislynched LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Slaol
January 19th, 2013, 08:49 PM
After spongebob flipped mafia, I threw out my pick of Aghanim/Cluseau as the mafia. It's funny because at one point in time I was so convinced it was Aghanim/Cluseau as mafia and I thought I could probably get you and Spongebob mislynched LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Your player's choice award winner, ladies and gentlemen :)

Ash
January 19th, 2013, 08:52 PM
Your player's choice award winner, ladies and gentlemen :)
how come youre not mvp??

Slaol
January 19th, 2013, 08:55 PM
how come youre not mvp??

Because if I tried to earn MVP instead of just saying I do then people would start paying attention to me in FMs. Then I wouldn't live as long.

clementine
January 19th, 2013, 09:11 PM
Good game everyone. It was a lot of fun, for the short time I was alive. Auckmid, congrats on winning MVP... you've been playing long enough to deserve it at least once. :)

Yayap,

1. Yes. But there was still too much following the PR's.
2. Yep.
3. Don't admit people who are going to lurk as cits. Don't have any confirmed doctors, or have only one confirmed investigative role. Make citizens think for themselves. As hopeless as that goal might be.
4. Absolutely. Sad it's over. :(

You were Gandalf!? Lol. I thought he was Elixir. I've never played with Elixir, but I thought you were from the Australian timezone since you were posting when I was on. You also don't post the messed up apostrophes that come from European keyboards! :O

Because if I tried to earn MVP instead of just saying I do then people would start paying attention to me in FMs. Then I wouldn't live as long.

But if people associate you with the phrase 'MVP' even when you don't win MVP, won't they pay attention to you and kill you off anyway? Aren't you and Yayap supposed to have a MVP duel-off sometime? Does he ever play FM anymore or just host? :O

Gerik
January 19th, 2013, 09:35 PM

Haha I might have done the same if not for the consigliere checking you. However this was the one reason I was glad to be on everyone's scum list: I knew as long as I looked suspicious, even if you thought I was town you wouldn't want to run Sherlock my way in hopes of getting me mislynched. :D

I only asked because there was a point when I tried to communicate to you that I knew you were witch so you would know I was also scum, but I was never sure if you got the message so I wanted to see if you had.

clementine
January 19th, 2013, 09:42 PM
Haha I might have done the same if not for the consigliere checking you. However this was the one reason I was glad to be on everyone's scum list: I knew as long as I looked suspicious, even if you thought I was town you wouldn't want to run Sherlock my way in hopes of getting me mislynched. :D

I only asked because there was a point when I tried to communicate to you that I knew you were witch so you would know I was also scum, but I was never sure if you got the message so I wanted to see if you had.

Well, seeing that King Arthur called me witch, Wile E Coyote called me witch, Cluseau called me witch, you called me witch, etc. It was more of a scumtell to me that Aghanim was calling me town so vigorously. LOL.

Edit: Broken multi-quotes again! I forgot that I can edit posts here. But I can! Horay!

Slaol
January 19th, 2013, 09:58 PM
But if people associate you with the phrase 'MVP' even when you don't win MVP, won't they pay attention to you and kill you off anyway? Aren't you and Yayap supposed to have a MVP duel-off sometime? Does he ever play FM anymore or just host? :O

Noap. They consider my MVP claims to be trolling and uselessness, and overboasted ego more than a threat. I am disregarded until I can find real leads and coordinate. It is working so well I can even tell everyone it is by design and they don't care. :)

Yea, for the record...
Slaol: 1
Yayap: 0

Damus_Graves
January 19th, 2013, 10:00 PM
Until you find 3 scum on day 1 and proceed to correctly deduce the remaining scum day 2-3 or so.
I won't consider you a mini- Yayap

vornksr
January 19th, 2013, 10:02 PM
but I thought you were from the Australian timezone since you were posting when I was on.

xD

Lol, it's true. I've always tended to be active on a weird schedule. The old COM boards used to let you check a player's posting averages in hour-sized bins. During FM2 I had two equally tall peaks, at 4 AM & 4 PM my time, with huge dips in between.

Gerik
January 19th, 2013, 10:03 PM
Well, seeing that King Arthur called me witch, Wile E Coyote called me witch, Cluseau called me witch, you called me witch, etc. It was more of a scumtell to me that Aghanim was calling me town so vigorously. LOL.

Edit: Broken multi-quotes again! I forgot that I can edit posts here. But I can! Horay!

Hahahaha that hadn't occurred to me. You played really well, by the way. I was pretty sure you were going to win it for us in the end, and I still think you would have if you hadn't been away when they lynched you. In any case, great game. Here's to more like it!

Ash
January 19th, 2013, 10:03 PM
Until you find 3 scum on day 1 and proceed to correctly deduce the remaining scum day 2-3 or so.
I'd like to see Yayap do it again.

Slaol
January 19th, 2013, 10:35 PM

Until I have to use 48 hours to do so, instead of the 6 minutes I use. I will consider Yayap a mini- me.
:P

Slaol
January 19th, 2013, 10:37 PM
and I still think you would have if you hadn't been away when they lynched you.

Noap.

Gerik
January 19th, 2013, 10:43 PM
Until I have to use 48 hours to do so, instead of the 6 minutes I use. I will consider Yayap a mini- me.
:P

inb4 Yayap permabans you.

Noap.

Yup.

Nick
January 19th, 2013, 10:52 PM
It will be more difficult to identify scum in one day since WIFOM diversity of players had increased, an influx of new players, anonymous accounts and high number of players.

If you put in the effort, you can actually talk like someone else, change your apparent WIFOM level and seem to be living in another timezone. That is, if you bother putting in the effort to hide.

Yayap
January 19th, 2013, 10:56 PM
I'd like to see Yayap do it again.

I have multiple times... except I have been scum so I don't tell everyone.

FM5: Ask Elixir for FM5, he might remember my notes when I was the Student that joined the Cult Leader.

FM7: Illidan and Raiden would remember me knowing the other scum as Framer. Look at the Orange night chats.

FM8: I knew 1 from the start and refused to share info with him in a night chat, and pushed for lynched the ventrilo when everyone was trying to lynch the disguiser based on cheating info.

FM12: a little less, but still was able to know what the PRs were doing as well as kill the correct scum at the end to give myself a chance.

Slaol
January 19th, 2013, 10:58 PM
inb4 Yayap permabans you.

Yup.

Abuse.
And I love how thoroughly my shroud works, especially on our WIFOM master over here.

clementine
January 19th, 2013, 11:08 PM
I have multiple times... except I have been scum so I don't tell everyone.

FM5: Ask Elixir for FM5, he might remember my notes when I was the Student that joined the Cult Leader.

FM7: Illidan and Raiden would remember me knowing the other scum as Framer. Look at the Orange night chats.

FM8: I knew 1 from the start and refused to share info with him in a night chat, and pushed for lynched the ventrilo when everyone was trying to lynch the disguiser based on cheating info.

FM12: a little less, but still was able to know what the PRs were doing as well as kill the correct scum at the end to give myself a chance.

You were in FM12? Oh yeah. The anon signup!
But I don't remember much about your play other than
"I am Anya Nighthawk hear me roar!"

That one sentence sums up my impression of you as a FM player lololololololol.

Gerik
January 20th, 2013, 12:32 AM
Abuse.
And I love how thoroughly my shroud works, especially on our WIFOM master over here.

You say it was a "shroud", I say you're lying. As the "WIFOM master", I think I can tell the difference. :cheesy:

Slaol
January 20th, 2013, 12:37 AM
You say it was a "shroud", I say you're lying. As the "WIFOM master", I think I can tell the difference. :cheesy:

Yayap couldn't. Also, master of WIFOM was found by me on day 2, and seems to think he was likely to win. :P Well done sir. Please talk more about your skill.

Damus_Graves
January 20th, 2013, 01:22 AM

I suspected you to be scum early on.
I only abandoned it because there were other more important FoS's such as Rubber Ducky and that undetectable GF and Witch.
I suspected you to be Mafioso though tbh.

Later on in the day everyone but Frog, at the time, Ceasar, and Sherlock were playing like shit and being useless and therefore distracting from scumhunting.
If they had been more serious about the game You would have been lynched before Spongebob. imo

Nick
January 20th, 2013, 01:36 AM
Kill targets.

N2

In no particular order
FM Mr Bunny
FM Indiana Jones
FM Rubber Ducky
FM Yoda

N3

1. FM Ceaser
2. FM Captain Obvious
3.FM King Tut
4. FM Count von Count

50% accuracy...

Choosing criteria. Do not want to stand out when participating, do not want to be considered lurker.

Conclusion: Methodology semi-worked.

Nick
January 20th, 2013, 01:49 AM
Method failed to identify:
a) Sherlock - While vigilantes are not afraid to be shot at night thus may lurk, Sherlock participated actively. But fear of death (from town) is too strong, messing up reads
b) Joker - totally uninterested in game
c) Yosemite Sam - another lurker saved by early reveal
d) Kermit - fit the role of killer PR who is unafraid to lurk
e) Frog - Defied norms. But trapped by early move.

Hmm... need some other criteria to flush out killer PRs. Scum/PRs who stand out too much will still inadvertently die when active players are targeted/checked. Hopefully lurkers will be modkilled.

vornksr
January 20th, 2013, 08:19 AM
Yayap, you forget FM4, which was promising to be one of the most fun FM's till certain people ruined it.

Gerik
January 20th, 2013, 11:09 AM
Yayap couldn't. Also, master of WIFOM was found by me on day 2, and seems to think he was likely to win. :P Well done sir. Please talk more about your skill.

It was a joke. The phrase "WIFOM master" is yours, not mine. But I do think you're lying to save face.

I suspected you to be scum early on.
I only abandoned it because there were other more important FoS's such as Rubber Ducky and that undetectable GF and Witch.
I suspected you to be Mafioso though tbh.

Later on in the day everyone but Frog, at the time, Ceasar, and Sherlock were playing like shit and being useless and therefore distracting from scumhunting.
If they had been more serious about the game You would have been lynched before Spongebob. imo

I know. I agree with you. Everyone suspected me early on. I believe it to be the only reason I was lynched later, because basically after ~day 3 all of my posts were pretty pro-town. I just couldn't get away from those first few days where I was still figuring out the FM. I don't actually think I'm the "WIFOM master", That phrase was Slaol's, and I quoted it to make a joke.

I am, however, fairly confident that next time I am scum I will be able to play the entire game as I did in this one after ~day 3 (ie. towny as hell) and thus be able to avoid suspicion for much longer, if not the whole game. And if I'm town, well... I guess we'll see. :)

Damus_Graves
January 20th, 2013, 11:10 AM
It was a joke. The phrase "WIFOM master" is yours, not mine. But I do think you're lying to save face.

I know. I agree with you. Everyone suspected me early on. I believe it to be the only reason I was lynched later, because basically after ~day 3 all of my posts were pretty pro-town. I just couldn't get away from those first few days where I was still figuring out the FM. I don't actually think I'm the "WIFOM master", That phrase was Slaol's, and I quoted it to make a joke.

I am, however, fairly confident that next time I am scum I will be able to play the entire game as I did in this one after ~day 3 (ie. towny as hell) and thus be able to avoid suspicion for much longer, if not the whole game. And if I'm town, well... I guess we'll see. :)

Please don't take my everyone excluding certain people playing as shit to include you.
You played well.

The biggest reason I had indicated you to be scum was this:

I asked certain people for their thoughts on pre-selected targets who seemed Town, Scum, Neutral.
Then depending on how soon, how well organized, and content within, would make me think scum or town.

You made the Town read look like a possible scum. The Neutral to be a possible scum. An the Scum as a plausible Town. All while giving as little information as possible to support you read and not giving out a read at all.
Then when I called you scum you reacted quickly and in a manner that spoke to me to mean: What did I do to get catch so early on?!!?!?!

Therefore scum.
But GG truly. Well deserved MVP

Gerik
January 20th, 2013, 11:17 AM
Please don't take my everyone excluding certain people playing as shit to include you.
You played well.

I didn't. No worries. Although if the day you were talking about was before day 4, I probably was playing like shit. Haha

Ash
January 20th, 2013, 11:23 AM
Who is this 'Gerik' guy and why is he MVP?????

AppleyNO
January 20th, 2013, 11:24 AM
Who is this 'Gerik' guy and why is he MVP?????
Because he was the best scum player.

Ash
January 20th, 2013, 11:26 AM
So why did mafia lose???????

Damus_Graves
January 20th, 2013, 11:26 AM

No no.
He was the smartest scum player who was able to take lead the mafia and make intelligent choices of kill targets as to not overlap with the witch.
He was able to continue the confusion of which lurker was scum and avoid placing a FoS on Frog by anyone other than the fail troll Slaol. :p

@Ash
Scum lost because there was a shitton of citizens

Ash
January 20th, 2013, 11:30 AM
No no.
He was the smartest scum player who was able to take lead the mafia and make intelligent choices of kill targets as to not overlap with the witch.
He was able to continue the confusion of which lurker was scum and avoid placing a FoS on Frog by anyone other than the fail troll Slaol. :p

@Ash
no, the witch was the smartest player, clearly!

Also, are you saying that Yayap is a bad host? Yayap makes excellent set-ups. And even if there was a shitton of citizens, the modkills made up for it!

Damus_Graves
January 20th, 2013, 11:31 AM
no, the witch was the smartest player, clearly!

Also, are you saying that Yayap is a bad host? Yayap makes excellent set-ups. And even if there was a shitton of citizens, the modkills made up for it!

I'm saying that there was a shitton of citizens.

Ash
January 20th, 2013, 11:32 AM
I'm saying that there was a shitton of citizens.
Yayap put those citizens there. Clearly you're implying that Yayap is a fail host.
Also why is there 3 MVPs?? That's the most MVPs given out in 1 game. What is this sorcery????

Damus_Graves
January 20th, 2013, 11:34 AM
Yayap put those citizens there. Clearly you're implying that Yayap is a fail host.
Also why is there 3 MVPs?? That's the most MVPs given out in 1 game. What is this sorcery????

Stop trolling. You're bad at it.

Ash
January 20th, 2013, 11:35 AM
Stop trolling. You're bad at it.
I'm not trolling. Do you even know what trolling means??
I just want answers. Moar of them.

AppleyNO
January 20th, 2013, 11:38 AM
2 MVPs. Clementine got Players Choice.

Damus_Graves
January 20th, 2013, 11:44 AM
Gerik was MVP because of his intelligent play and good day chat presense helping Frog stay out of the limelight despite him being focus'd on.

Auckmid MVP because skillz

Gerik
January 20th, 2013, 11:52 AM
@Ash

That, and Clementine and I were the only non-lurking scum.

Damus_Graves
January 20th, 2013, 11:56 AM
That, and Clementine and I were the only non-lurking scum.

Gimli: AGAHNIM SUSPECTS LURKERS! AGAHNIM IS OBVIOUS SCUM!!@#!#!#@!$@$!$#$21231

TwentyTwo
January 20th, 2013, 04:42 PM
Others knew it on day 1. Also, please consider me dense, it is good for future meta for me. I also knew you on day 4ish, having no past FMs to observe. So well done, you are officially not good at meta. Also, don't post videos that have video suggestions after them that have the game that your avatar is from.

What are talking about. none of those videos revealed anything about my COM. That statement just seems like complete BS. You are mafia.

Slaol

Slaol
January 20th, 2013, 06:12 PM
What are talking about. none of those videos revealed anything about my COM. That statement just seems like complete BS. You are mafia.

Slaol

I mean... They didn't? I guess that thing that I saw that made it really obvious it was you was wrong..

Nick
January 20th, 2013, 06:14 PM
Modkills are actually pro-town. Saves us the hassle of lynching/executing them.

TwentyTwo
January 20th, 2013, 07:07 PM
I mean... They didn't? I guess that thing that I saw that made it really obvious it was you was wrong..

Just stop making up crap

Brendan
January 20th, 2013, 07:10 PM
Lol would I have gotten player's choice if I had killed clem and Spongebob like I had intended? Sad.

Jr4life24
January 20th, 2013, 08:36 PM

I wasn't actually lying when i said i was sick, I've been sick on and off over the past 2 weeks and it has really fucked me over the past few days.
But thanks, I had hit you on night 2 which from that i figured you were going to end up carrying the entire scum with how Pro-town you were