PDA

View Full Version : Night 8

Forum Mafia GM
January 12th, 2013, 06:42 PM
Lonely, you are so lonely... you have nobody... to talk to at night.

Actually, I'll allow entire graveyard to join you tonight. Good luck.

FM Captain Obvious
January 12th, 2013, 07:00 PM
I suspected you :D

FM Hungry
January 12th, 2013, 07:00 PM
hi agahnim?

FM King Arthur
January 12th, 2013, 07:04 PM
You should shoot Frog. He was bus driven when you checked him ;)

FM Darth Vader
January 12th, 2013, 07:19 PM
Wait, seriously? Cool!

Except I'm not sure anyone in the town will want to help me... And my fello mafia's inactivity is what got us into this mess in the first place. Damn, we are so screwed. Or at least I am. The witch might be able to pull it out. He has to kill Ceasar tonight or he'll risk being shot or running the vig into a vest. I'd kill Sherlock tonight, but I think that would only harm our cause. I think he'll have to witch sherlock onto Ceasar and keep Sherlock alive until the very end for the tie-breaker.

However one other thing bothers me... There is still one night that the BS item is MIA

So far we know:

n1- Dracula - vest
n2- Agahnim - gun
n3- Cookie Monster - gun
n4- Cluseau - gun
n5- ???
n6- Myself - gun
n7- Hamburglar -gun
n8- ???

It's n5 that worries me. I fear it may be a vest. Can blacksmith give itself items? It doesn't say in the rules (all it says is that witch can't cause self-targets, which makes sense for most PRs, but I'm not of BS)

I also know Hamburglar will attack me tonight, so I'll be forced to kill him in order to save myself. This will mean that I'll almost certainly be lynched tomorrow, but it will buy the witch another day/night and it will be quite satisfying to kill him. Since I'm going to be lynched anyway, I wouldn't hate it if the RP about his death involved him being tortured to death. And I was completely serious about banning him, by the way.

FM Darth Vader
January 12th, 2013, 07:21 PM
I suspected you :D

Join the club. I wish I could've had a practice FM or something first so I could've hidden better at the beginning. Sigh.

FM King Arthur
January 12th, 2013, 07:28 PM
If someone who uses a gun gets targeted by a killer, he still dies.

But Hamburglar doesn't actually have a gun. He is totally just playing with your head so you don't kill someone more important. Like someone who really has the gun. Because it's dumb to claim you have a gun.

Totally.

You will believe that, right? I mean, you like to follow my lead and everything.

If you REAAAAALLY want to win, you should kill Cluseau because he wants to lynch the witch and nobody else really suspects Frog. Frog is your ticket to victory, you're just a night killer that's not going to last very long.

FM King Arthur
January 12th, 2013, 07:29 PM
Hurr durr I meant if someone uses a gun and gets targeted by a scum killer, his gun won't actually fire.

Forum Mafia GM
January 12th, 2013, 07:29 PM
No, Blacksmith cannot give himself items. "cough" or he would be always giving himself items

FM Hungry
January 12th, 2013, 07:46 PM
i suggest you follow inspector cluseaus plan and kill Ceasar. then hopefully the witch will kill hamburglar. They will suspect that cluseau was giving the witch orders and hopefully lynch him tomorrow

FM Anubis
January 12th, 2013, 08:22 PM
can the remaining mafia see this???

FM Darth Vader
January 12th, 2013, 08:25 PM
i suggest you follow inspector cluseaus plan and kill Ceasar. then hopefully the witch will kill hamburglar. They will suspect that cluseau was giving the witch orders and hopefully lynch him tomorrow

But they believe I am the witch. Everyone but Cluseau, anyway. This would only convince them further. Plus, I think Frog will kill Ceasar.

FM Darth Vader
January 12th, 2013, 08:26 PM

Yes. Hi there. Sorry I had to kill you. Nothing personal.

FM Anubis
January 12th, 2013, 08:28 PM

if only cesar would have granted me that one request if SK gets lynched.... if only...
cesar... smh...

but no worries. you did what cesar told you to do, regardless of your alignment. does the witch know your mafia?

FM Rubber Ducky
January 12th, 2013, 10:52 PM
Sorry i didn't help in the sam beat up. I was busy killing other people. >.>

FM Rubber Ducky
January 12th, 2013, 11:02 PM
Oh, And in my defense. I was sick, it was hard for me to think straight. Even after rereading it i didn't notice the mistake a few seconds after i posted that post >.>

FM Pinkie Pie
January 13th, 2013, 12:18 AM

Yes. And we can give inputs too. Just make sure not to reveal any night actions from the graveyard.

FM Pinkie Pie
January 13th, 2013, 12:21 AM
For one, after Wolverine is dead, I'll just lynch Sherlock first.

FM Pinkie Pie
January 13th, 2013, 12:28 AM
But Hamburglar doesn't actually have a gun. He is totally just playing with your head so you don't kill someone more important. Like someone who really has the gun. Because it's dumb to claim you have a gun.

Hurr durr I meant if someone uses a gun and gets targeted by a scum killer, his gun won't actually fire.

Agreed with King Arthur.

I have a gun strategy is useful for threatening witches and scum. Worst case is if he actually has a vest and you shot him. If he really has the gun, pray that he shoots someone else.

Keep Aghanim alive because he is covering for Frog.
Keep Sherlock alive because he is a muppet for Frog.

Gimli and Tut. Waste of bullets.

Caeser should die tonight. Trouble is who to kill him?
Hamburglar has gun/vest cover.
Cluseau...
Then we have Wile E...

Did I miss anyone?

FM Pinkie Pie
January 13th, 2013, 12:30 AM
Did you get the Mist of Pandaria idea from me?

FM Darth Vader
January 13th, 2013, 01:50 AM
Sorry i didn't help in the sam beat up. I was busy killing other people. >.>

It worked out pretty well, so I can't say I'm upset. I just wish you hadn't claimed doc at the end. OR that you hadn't made such a huge slip that I had no choice but to help lynch you. Oh, and sorry for blocking you night one without realizing it. I really wish we'd figured that out sooner...

FM Darth Vader
January 13th, 2013, 01:53 AM
if only cesar would have granted me that one request if SK gets lynched.... if only...
cesar... smh...

but no worries. you did what cesar told you to do, regardless of your alignment. does the witch know your mafia?

There's no way to be sure. The witch is in the unique position of being completely unable to find us at night. Well, I guess she could try witching people and hope to direct the mafia kill and find a mafioso that way, but as long as the vig is alive (which is pretty much certain to be the rest of the game at this point) that won't happen. However I did leave him a hint that I knew he was witch. Hopefully he caught it. If not, the good news is I'm so scummy, even if he thinks I'm town he won't attack me because I'm so likely to be lynched.

FM Darth Vader
January 13th, 2013, 01:58 AM
Agreed with King Arthur.

Did you miss the part of that post where Arthur made it obvious that he was being facetious?

Ceasar basically confirmed 'burglar had the gun. And even if he doesn't there would be no way for me to guess who got it instead. Worst case I attack into a vest, I guess. But it should be the last one if Frog does his job properly.

I'm sure Agahnim will live for a long time in this FM for that very reason.

FM Darth Vader
January 13th, 2013, 01:59 AM
No, Blacksmith cannot give himself items. "cough" or he would be always giving himself items

Ah, that makes sense.

FM Jack Sparrow
January 13th, 2013, 05:25 AM
Kill the smith. Hope that the witch shoots Hamburglar or Gimli. Then try to get Aghanim lynched tomorrow.

FM Jack Sparrow
January 13th, 2013, 05:25 AM
Let the fail citizens pay for their bad plays!

FM Jack Sparrow
January 13th, 2013, 05:29 AM
That's the plan A. The easy way out.

Plan B requires you to be more active at day and press into 1 direction. Which might look unbelievable since you were such a worthless citizen the whole game. You see a pattern here? Your weak day presence the whole game cripples you at late game. Happens to 80% of all scum players.

You have no power at day. That's too bad.

FM Jack Sparrow
January 13th, 2013, 05:37 AM
The witch will properly get you lynched at some point and will take out the rest of the town with the vigilante. Don't fight it too hard.

FM Jack Sparrow
January 13th, 2013, 05:42 AM
oh and Slaol!? No MVP for you this time! Huehuehueheuheuehueheu xD

FM Darth Vader
January 13th, 2013, 08:45 AM
Kill the smith. Hope that the witch shoots Hamburglar or Gimli. Then try to get Aghanim lynched tomorrow.

But if I don't shoot Hamburglar, I die tonight. There's no way he intends to do anything other than shoot me, and the vigilante kill goes simultaneously with blacksmith kills, which means even if the witch does attack Hamburglar, I'll die. I must be the one to kill him in order to live through tonight.

FM Darth Vader
January 13th, 2013, 08:50 AM
That's the plan A. The easy way out.

Plan B requires you to be more active at day and press into 1 direction. Which might look unbelievable since you were such a worthless citizen the whole game. You see a pattern here? Your weak day presence the whole game cripples you at late game. Happens to 80% of all scum players.

You have no power at day. That's too bad.

I've been active at day in recent days. But the first 2-3 days got me into a hole I can't seem to dig myself out of. It's my first FM and I didn't realize what was expected of me until too late. That being said, I still managed to outlive all other scum save the witch, so I can't be performing too terribly. And now that I know how this works, I think I'll do much better in the next FM. :D

FM Jack Sparrow
January 13th, 2013, 09:07 AM
Are you 100% sure Hamburglar got a gun?

FM Darth Vader
January 13th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Are you 100% sure Hamburglar got a gun?

Yes.

FM Hungry
January 13th, 2013, 03:15 PM
Yes.

I think his lying about recieving a gun. Killing Hamburglar tonight would only make you extremely suspicious since he clearly stated that he was going to shoot you tonight. I think ceasar or Wile e are better targets.

Forum Mafia GM
January 13th, 2013, 04:58 PM
Finalized night action: Kill Hamburglar.