PDA

View Full Version : Players choice award: Voting starts now!

Forum Mafia GM
January 8th, 2013, 06:01 PM
Since we are nearing the conclusion of FM16 and there are plenty of day posts to based your choice off of, I'm starting the poll now.

Who do you think deserves the Players choice award and why? I've removed all modkilled people from the poll, thou shall not award them anything.

FM King Arthur
January 8th, 2013, 06:36 PM
I dunno. The last days are critical for that decision. If Agahnim turns out to be witch and gets away with it a few days longer, I think he probably deserves MVP. Same thing if the framer is a reasonably active person (though I doubt that, because you said their night chat was dead)

I wouldn't give MVP to some lurking PR or scum just because they had good night actions though.

Forum Mafia GM
January 8th, 2013, 06:39 PM
I'll be giving both the "Town MVP" and the "Scum MVP" awards out, this is just for the Players Award. I wont tell you who I have picked since you may pick the same person (who would then get both awards)

FM King Arthur
January 8th, 2013, 06:54 PM
Scum MVP should go to Brendan :p

Still, my pick hinges on the success of the scum in the coming days.

FM Hungry
January 8th, 2013, 07:07 PM
None of the living townies are smart enough to get my vote. King arthur was able to herd the sheeps into the right direction by getting the godfather lynched.

FM King Arthur
January 8th, 2013, 07:15 PM
Maybe I stopped a lynch on the witch from happening because I didn't trust Frog, resulting in vigi mindcontrol and the death of the sheriff. I'm not sure enough people would've voted Agahnim, but still it might've been better. To be honest, the last active townsmembers to die tend to overshadow the rest. Frog could still do a lot of good if the scum give him the chance.

FM Pinkie Pie
January 8th, 2013, 07:23 PM
Gandalf died too early.
Jack Sparrows failed to gain enough trust to rally town.
My vote is on King Arthur for leading the lynch on Godfather.
Current surviving towns have logic full of holes. Not MVP material unless they improve.

I don't know what the SK is trying to do, the night choices seemed good but day chat is classic scum.
Witch is playing well, MVP if manage to survive a few more days.
Locutus and Pinkie Pie sucks. They should swap roles.
One remaining mafia trying hard to act town, the remaining one still lurks. Lets see their performance.

FM King Arthur
January 8th, 2013, 09:31 PM
Gandalf died too early.
Current surviving towns have logic full of holes. Not MVP material unless they improve.

I don't know what the SK is trying to do, the night choices seemed good but day chat is classic scum.
One remaining mafia trying hard to act town, the remaining one still lurks. Lets see their performance.
Is it Anubis and King Tut then? Just a guess..

FM Cookie Monster
January 9th, 2013, 12:43 AM
Gandalf died too early.

=agahnim

FM King Arthur
January 9th, 2013, 09:33 AM
lol wow.. Bridge Keeper is winning.

Maybe some options should be removed from this poll?

FM Jack Sparrow
January 9th, 2013, 11:02 AM
I go for Vornskr. He played pretty well the citizen just took too long for his notes claim. He dominated day 1 and day 2. He constructed a fake doc claim day 1 to fall back on it later on. That was pretty good. Despite the fact that he really looked pro town he got lynched thanks to a lucky frame and a lot of people who just wanted to see something happen because they rolled cits and had no night actions.

Leading town after a lot of the trolls got modkilled isn't nearly as hard as to get the game into the right directions. Also your roleplay was really annoying to read. I skipped probably 70% of all your posts just because of that.

That's why my choice goes to FM Gandalf because his play was the only one which was really fresh and interesting to see.

FM King Arthur
January 9th, 2013, 04:33 PM
It's also not hard to dominate a day when you're on the chopping block :p

But yeah, he played well as long as it lasted. His only mistake was that his doctor claim just wasn't plausible, and it got people to hammer him who otherwise wouldn't have done so. You can't say that part was "pretty good," because you're one of the people who nailed his coffin for it. Not voting for him was probably one of the most clever things Agahnim did this game, he just shouldn't have bragged about it.

FM Gandalf
January 9th, 2013, 05:08 PM
You know, I honestly still don't know why my doctor claim was implausible. I feel like people just decided to say that & have stuck to it, because it's exactly how I would claim as doctor. (And I'd know, having played doc once & blacksmith once.)

FM King Arthur
January 9th, 2013, 05:38 PM
The claim was implausible because nobody on these forums expects a doctor to catch as much attention as you did on day 1. Doctors are generally a bit scummy and lurky (but not TOO lurky) and keep their observations to themselves. Captain Obvious is a stereotypical doctor.

I guess it depends on in whose hands the role is, but a doctor that's actively sharing thoughts right from the beginning is very rare on SC2 mafia. That said, it could be a good way to hide in plain sight, but it's a more risky playstyle in an environment where most citizens just don't bother. You taking the spotlights means there isn't a lot of cover. You were stereotypical tryhard citizen to me, of which there's always a few around in every FM because some people realise that mafia is a talking game and it's necessary.

FM Pinkie Pie
January 9th, 2013, 07:43 PM
You know, I honestly still don't know why my doctor claim was implausible. I feel like people just decided to say that & have stuck to it, because it's exactly how I would claim as doctor. (And I'd know, having played doc once & blacksmith once.)

They skill level too low. Pretty obvious from day chat.

FM Pinkie Pie
January 9th, 2013, 08:32 PM
They skill level too low. Pretty obvious from day chat.

I mean WIFOM level.

FM Pinkie Pie
January 10th, 2013, 12:17 AM
I mean WIFOM level.

Before I sound like some elitist... this is what I meant.

WIFOM level
+1 = Sees through you
0 = Unsure about your alignment
-1 = Trusts you completely
-2 = Calls you scum because they just plain don't understand

FM Jack Sparrow
January 10th, 2013, 05:06 AM
fucking elitist Nick! I thought you would be fatalis. Haha! "trollface"

FM Jack Sparrow
January 10th, 2013, 05:08 AM
The claim was implausible because nobody on these forums expects a doctor to catch as much attention as you did on day 1. Doctors are generally a bit scummy and lurky (but not TOO lurky) and keep their observations to themselves. Captain Obvious is a stereotypical doctor.

I guess it depends on in whose hands the role is, but a doctor that's actively sharing thoughts right from the beginning is very rare on SC2 mafia. That said, it could be a good way to hide in plain sight, but it's a more risky playstyle in an environment where most citizens just don't bother. You taking the spotlights means there isn't a lot of cover. You were stereotypical tryhard citizen to me, of which there's always a few around in every FM because some people realise that mafia is a talking game and it's necessary.

All talkers are ded. Mission failed for town.

FM Beast
January 10th, 2013, 05:33 AM
Gandalf for being authoritative and getting the trust of town in 1 day.

FM Pinkie Pie
January 10th, 2013, 05:37 AM
King Arthur for getting the GF and preventing a town from being lynched.

FM Master Chef
January 11th, 2013, 03:44 PM
Scum MVP should go to Brendan :p

Still, my pick hinges on the success of the scum in the coming days.

too bad he was a failor

FM King Arthur
January 11th, 2013, 04:22 PM
The scum would've lost for sure without Brendan.

Forum Mafia GM
January 11th, 2013, 06:25 PM
The scum would've lost for sure without Brendan.

although his night actions were random, he did try to jail pinkie pie since day 1
his next action was to jail frog

I wasn't going to let someone who didn't read anything and completely random kill off the scum by fluke.

FM Agahnim
January 15th, 2013, 12:46 AM
Ha. All of you were wrong 'm not scum.

Also Tut is Witch.

FM Ceasar
January 15th, 2013, 12:48 AM

Also Tut is Witch.

Frog...

FM Ceasar
January 15th, 2013, 12:49 AM

Also Tut is Witch.

Also, you weren't meant to die. I was giving you the BS item:(

FM Ceasar
January 15th, 2013, 12:52 AM
Clementine played an amazing game. Hypo-claims were genius. Realy wasn't that useful, but put her on everyones town lists. However, waiting for now, because she is very likely to win MVP, and if she wins that, she doesn't realy need Players Choice as well.

FM Agahnim
January 15th, 2013, 01:24 AM
I'll be giving both the "Town MVP" and the "Scum MVP" awards out, this is just for the Players Award. I wont tell you who I have picked since you may pick the same person (who would then get both awards)

May I ask why you are giving two MVP awards this game?

Personally I feel that only Frog is deserving of MVP

FM Pinkie Pie
January 15th, 2013, 01:45 AM

clementine for MVP!

Best town player candidates (in order): Borkbot, vornskr, CmG
Best scum player: clementine

FM Wolverine
January 15th, 2013, 11:15 AM
It probably should go to Frog for remaining inconspicuous for so long.

Forum Mafia GM
January 15th, 2013, 12:06 PM

>.>
Does anyone read the RPs? I already gave them out.

FM Master Chef
January 15th, 2013, 01:38 PM
GO GO JACK SPARROW PLS WIN THIS RACE.
EVERYONE PLEASE VOTE JACK SPARROW
JACK SPARROW 2013!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FM Hamburglar
January 15th, 2013, 02:28 PM
Wile E, although he didn't do much for the scumhunt, he was mostly present and acted as a citizen should. Examplatory behavior right there.

FM Wile E Coyote
January 15th, 2013, 02:36 PM
Wile E, although he didn't do much for the scumhunt, he was mostly present and acted as a citizen should. Examplatory behavior right there.

Oh please. I played like shit and was barely there at all due to the holidays and unexpected stuff.

There's far more deserving other players out there.

FM Master Chef
January 15th, 2013, 02:49 PM
master chef: 0 :(

Forum Mafia GM
January 15th, 2013, 02:52 PM
FM GM: 2 :D

FM Wolverine
January 15th, 2013, 05:00 PM
FM GM: 2 :D

Are one of those votes yours?

Forum Mafia GM
January 15th, 2013, 08:21 PM
Are one of those votes yours?

Nope. And I won't be voting since this is players choice awards... not GM choice awards. :)

FM Wolverine
January 15th, 2013, 08:29 PM
Nope. And I won't be voting since this is players choice awards... not GM choice awards. :)

I bet they voters are town trying to suck up to get you to modkill Frog. :P

I go for Vornskr. He played pretty well the citizen just took too long for his notes claim. He dominated day 1 and day 2. He constructed a fake doc claim day 1 to fall back on it later on. That was pretty good. Despite the fact that he really looked pro town he got lynched thanks to a lucky frame and a lot of people who just wanted to see something happen because they rolled cits and had no night actions.

Leading town after a lot of the trolls got modkilled isn't nearly as hard as to get the game into the right directions. Also your roleplay was really annoying to read. I skipped probably 70% of all your posts just because of that.

That's why my choice goes to FM Gandalf because his play was the only one which was really fresh and interesting to see.

Just noticed this. Thought I'd point out that there was no luck whatsoever involved in my framing of Gandalf. :D

FM Wolverine
January 15th, 2013, 08:31 PM
I bet the voters are town trying to suck up to get you to modkill Frog. :P

Apparently I can't type good.

Forum Mafia GM
January 15th, 2013, 10:35 PM
Just noticed this. Thought I'd point out that there was no luck whatsoever involved in my framing of Gandalf. :D

Town would argue that it was a 1/39 chance... they obviously don't know wifom.

FM Jack Sparrow
January 16th, 2013, 06:55 PM
voting frog is useless she will get scum MVP anyway...

FM Wolverine
January 16th, 2013, 07:10 PM

Apparently not:

>.>
Does anyone read the RPs? I already gave them out.

FM Ceasar
January 16th, 2013, 07:10 PM

Is there a Town MVP, a Scum MVP and an overall MVP, or just Scum and Town MVP?

FM Wolverine
January 16th, 2013, 07:16 PM
Is there a Town MVP, a Scum MVP and an overall MVP, or just Scum and Town MVP?

It currently seems as though there are only 3 awards. Scum MVP (me, apparently), Town MVP (you), and Player's Choice (looks like this will be Frog)

FM Gandalf
January 16th, 2013, 07:34 PM
Town would argue that it was a 1/39 chance... they obviously don't know wifom.

lol.

:(

i miss being alive

FM Jack Sparrow
January 16th, 2013, 07:37 PM
Lolwut? If frog manages to win this she iwll surely get scum MVP over Wolverine :-P

FM Ceasar
January 16th, 2013, 07:42 PM
Lolwut? If frog manages to win this she iwll surely get scum MVP over Wolverine :-P

Wolverine was Scum MVP! Err... Framer.

Clementine has played an amazing game, so I would be very surprised if she didn't win a major award. However, I highly doubt the GM will say that Wolverine won Scum MVP, then change his mind and give it to Frog instead. Hense, me asking if there will be an overall MVP.

FM Jack Sparrow
January 16th, 2013, 07:50 PM
I guess he hates asian chicks lol!

Forum Mafia GM
January 16th, 2013, 07:58 PM
I decision who got mvp was mostly based on what that person knew and didn't know. Frog, although is still alive, had no idea who the mafia really was. Based on the night action PMs I got, he really did think that agahnim was scum. So it made it much easier for him to blend in.

Where as Wolverine had to consciously try to blend in as well as not putting too much pressure on frog as well as his own mafia. And he had to predict Frogs night actions to not overlap. Wolverine used a much higher level of wifom, where as witch blocked the obvious sheriff till vig showed up then used him in a rather random manner since he didn't know friend from foe.

Read the night chats where Wolverine takes over as commanding mafia, his full out reasoning as to who needed to die as well as the risks and potential gains sealed his award.

Frog being alive is mostly luck now more than anything... as are his chances of surviving. So although Frog has done a better job of surviving, Wolverine did a better job as a true scum.

I have no problems giving Frog the Players choice award. But to get scum mvp, you need to do more than just survive.

FM Ceasar
January 16th, 2013, 08:56 PM
I decision who got mvp was mostly based on what that person knew and didn't know. Frog, although is still alive, had no idea who the mafia really was. Based on the night action PMs I got, he really did think that agahnim was scum. So it made it much easier for him to blend in.

Where as Wolverine had to consciously try to blend in as well as not putting too much pressure on frog as well as his own mafia. And he had to predict Frogs night actions to not overlap. Wolverine used a much higher level of wifom, where as witch blocked the obvious sheriff till vig showed up then used him in a rather random manner since he didn't know friend from foe.

Read the night chats where Wolverine takes over as commanding mafia, his full out reasoning as to who needed to die as well as the risks and potential gains sealed his award.

Frog being alive is mostly luck now more than anything... as are his chances of surviving. So although Frog has done a better job of surviving, Wolverine did a better job as a true scum.

I have no problems giving Frog the Players choice award. But to get scum mvp, you need to do more than just survive.

Okay then.

Frog for players choice.

FM Pinkie Pie
January 17th, 2013, 06:11 AM
Hey can't blame her. Town reeks of scum tell.

FM King Arthur
January 17th, 2013, 10:41 AM

I think that's a rather shallow way to look at MVP. It's not just about surviving, but Frog did a FAR better job at deceiving the town and adding WIFOM to the things she wrote to make the town see what she wanted them to see. Getting the trust of the town isn't "just luck," that's nonsense. What's "just luck" is that the mafia's consigliere found the witch early. They didn't even figure that ducky might be SK when they blocked him. And Frog had to make the same predictions about mafia and sk night kills potentially overlapping.

Basing your MVP decision on what people thought of others in a few PMs they sent you just doesn't work, because they might just be lucky guesses and they might completely change their minds in less than a day. And the mafia always knows more than anyone else. What matters more is the reasoning behind reads on people, the connections you make between people, the scumtells you found, how convincing you come across during the day, etc.

I don't want to discredit Wolverine's efforts, but he is no MVP.

Forum Mafia GM
January 17th, 2013, 12:39 PM
I not claiming that Frog didn't put any effort into his current status, but if you re-read the days after day 2, Frog shifted to the background and rode the wave too. It's mostly towns fault for being so scummy that Frog looks as good as he does.

FM Jack Sparrow
January 17th, 2013, 03:42 PM
So? The Mafia started out as a team with invest roles. That's a pretty strong advancement of single scum roles without a night chat. Alone this made it way more easy for them to blend in and get their way with the game. Of course has the neutral solo scum to ride the wave what else can he do? Taking control over the whole game solo? Highly ineffective and very risky. She plays her role pretty well if you ask me.

FM Jack Sparrow
January 17th, 2013, 03:43 PM
I meant advantage derp whatever.

FM Pinkie Pie
January 18th, 2013, 02:38 AM
I not claiming that Frog didn't put any effort into his current status, but if you re-read the days after day 2, Frog shifted to the background and rode the wave too. It's mostly towns fault for being so scummy that Frog looks as good as he does.

Shifting to the background is a wise choice. Staying in the limelight and staying alive is SCUMMY. Her only fault is standing out too early before evaluating town's activity and intelligence.

Everyone suspected her because she stood out and didn't die. Same story for Aghanim.

Furthermore, town's fault =/= witch's fault.

FM Beast
January 18th, 2013, 02:40 AM
Not to undermine Wolverine's contribution of course.

FM Wile E Coyote
January 18th, 2013, 02:31 PM
Sherlock for LVP.

Also; It is a shame for the lynch on Gandalf. You played it great and I would've to see how you'd have played the next days. :(

FM Ceasar
January 18th, 2013, 04:50 PM
Sherlock for LVP.

Grow up