PDA

View Full Version : Night Six

Raiden
August 10th, 2011, 04:02 AM
Well, sorry about hammering Auckmid, but i couldn't see any opportunity to either gain more info, save him from a certain death or letting you stand in a better position. I tried to sow confusion by stating that i could be the GF. and that even worked for a while, but then SAS ruined all my plans with his investigations.

Anyway, Auckmid deserved that. By killing the jester he screwed up everything, i can't believe he did that. I mean there was plenty of targets, Rumpel was supposed to be the armorsmith/investigator, vornksr claimed gunsmith, and he knew you were GF, thus he also knew i was the consigliere. I mean, even a double kill on yayap would have been better than this. At least he didn't reveal your name to the town.

Nevertheless, with the return of Ozy, we're basically done for. I must say i suspected Rumpel as a mason for a while, but then i discarded that possibility because... well, that wouldn't have worked out good for the town in the long run. As vornksr said, they could believe him as an investigator and SAS as consigliere, until they revealed.
There's also the possibility that they lied again, and NorthStar might be the mason just like we thought earlier. After you lie once, there's no reason not to lie twice.

In any case, if we want to try this to the end, i believe we should kill vornksr. Either him or Rumpel have the gun, but i wouldn't kill any of the possible masons, as they are our only chance to get another free kill. Although, even if we manage to kill the gunwielder and get a mismason on you, they will still have the majority, and they will know you are the GF. They can afford up to 3 more deaths tonight, but unfortunately we have absolutely no mean of killing more than that.

It's probably GG, unless you can think of a way out. I honestly can't.

Elixir
August 10th, 2011, 04:04 AM
As moderator, I can say with 100% certainty that Auckmid killing MileS has 90% fucked you both.
If you manage to come back from this I will be amazed.

Raiden
August 10th, 2011, 04:07 AM
Yeah, no surprise there :D

could you cast a lightning strike on all the town, please? Because you know, even if you cast it on one guy only, it wouldn't be enough (hint)

Elixir
August 10th, 2011, 04:07 AM
Yeah, no surprise there :D

could you cast a lightning strike on all the town, please? Because you know, even if you cast it on one guy only, it wouldn't be enough (hint)

Still considering it.

Raiden
August 10th, 2011, 05:36 AM
Didn't i say somewhere in my first post that i got my first citizen result last night? I was sure i did... well, anyway i believe vornksr to be armorer.

TheJackofSpades
August 10th, 2011, 06:02 AM
Yeah... it's funny, without Ozymandias blundering his way through the thread we could have just delayed the lynch for a day, not including the exe and you we only had 6 votes.

Having not voted for Auckmid doesn't hurt me, since everyone made such a big deal about not lynching him until tomorrow and then lynched him before tomorrow.

I'm really gonna have to think this one through, which is going to be pretty difficult considering I have something to do today which is going to take up a majority of my afternoon.

I'm certain Rumpel is the other mason, I had their ruse figured out pretty much immediately after vornskr claimed today because Illidan was doing his best but Ozymandias hasn't even been active enough to make last wills and coordinate masons from night one. It literally makes no sense, so Rumpel was the only one it could be.

This sucks though, I'm really pissed off that Auckmid yet again just completely fails at this game, he didn't even realize he was being used as a pawn, he literally just acted out of sheer bad deduction on who had a gun(even though said gun would be aimed at you)

Raiden
August 10th, 2011, 06:14 AM
Yeah, pretty much that. I calculated that even if we manage to get 3 people down, with some help from the gods, we will lose due to them knowing who's the gf, and that is a requirement for taking down 3 people.

If they don't mismason and recruit ganondorf or ozy instead, they will still lynch me and have another night to find out the complete and undeniable truth.

The only ways out i can think of are some unbelievable mistakes by them, like, the guy with the gun shoots a townie and then they believe he's the gf and lynch him. The only guy who would be able to start such an incredible chain of events has died recently.

TheJackofSpades
August 10th, 2011, 06:31 AM
P.S. It is not likely he knew who I was, he had me on his list of people who could have a gun. Even he could probably deduce that I wasn't going to squander his night kills, even though now I kind of regret doing so. So either he hit someone with armor before or he was just wrong, either way.

P.S.S. I am now immune to gunshots more or less, since I was given armor I can claim that I haven't used it until the time comes when I would have need to use it. They'll still probably kill me though.

Scenario now goes like this:
N6-vornksr dies, mason recruits ganondorf(6 town, 3 mason)
D6-Raiden lynched(6 town 3 mason)
N7-SAS dies, town recruits me(4 town, 2 masons)
D7-Assuming Ozymandias still active, they have majority w/o exe, gg.

That's best case scenario as far as I can tell. This is the other:
N6- vornksr dies, mason recruits ganondorf, town shoots you(6 town 3 mason)
D6-Ozymandias lynched(5 town 3 mason)
N7-SAS dies(4 town 3 mason)
D7-Loss

N6- vornksr dies, mason recruits ganondorf, town shoots Ozymandias(5 town 3 mason)
D7-Lynch TheJackofSpades (5 town 3 mason)
N7- You kill SAS, and are then shot. GG. (4 town 3 mason)

N6- vornksr dies, masons recruit ozymandias, town shoots Ozymandias(5 town 2 mason)
D6- Lynch Raiden (5 town 2 mason)
N7- SAS dies, masons recruit me(3 town 1 mason)
D7-Town lacks majority without exe, we win IF Crimson doesn't vote with against us.

So yeah, basically the only way we're going to win is if three conditions are met with one prerequisite: the person who was given a gun cannot be a mason.

The conditions are:
1) The masons and the gun wielder must target the same person
2) I must be recruited N7
3) Exe must not vote against us.

I think our chances are pretty slim.

TheJackofSpades
August 10th, 2011, 06:37 AM
Would you be opposed to me calling a forfeit tomorrow if some miracle doesn't occur?

Raiden
August 10th, 2011, 06:45 AM
No, definitely not. If we don't see a town shot by the gunwielder, we may resign with no regrets.

I am happy with the fact that we could have won this game, despite losing a mafioso night 1, if only Auckmid had a clue about what he was doing. Even i cannot believe we made it this far, despite of how lucky the town was in so many ways. I can only imagine what we could have accomplished with a full 3 people team, knowing that i could avoid claiming investigator on day 1... it would have been a completely different game.

Know that it has been an honor playing with you, and you will be missed if you will not be able to partecipate in the next game.

TheJackofSpades
August 10th, 2011, 06:52 AM
I'm considering asking for dead player privileges for the next game just so I can participate in dead chat. I guess it wouldn't be fair to other people who no doubt have wanted to spectate the other games as well.

I dunno.

I had complete confidence that we could win, my only errors were considering a possible scenario where the romano mafioso ignored every town and killed a backup plan, and the lurker who has said NOTHING for the past 10~ days would decide to actually start participating. But then again, I think it was pretty much clear that if he did decide to actual contribute that we would lose regardless just due to how close it was.

Not a big deal, the town did receive help from basically every evil role who died, and I personally count this as a victory regardless.

TheJackofSpades
August 10th, 2011, 06:54 AM
Since not much more discussion is needed

kill vornskr, send TheJackofSpades

Raiden
August 10th, 2011, 07:00 AM
check NorthStar

just to avoid delaying the night further.

I'm considering asking for dead player privileges for the next game just so I can participate in dead chat. I guess it wouldn't be fair to other people who no doubt have wanted to spectate the other games as well.

Actually it would be a great idea to remove the dead chat and add a whole new spectator chat that could include all people who don't have enough time and dedication to fully partecipate, but would still like to see how the game evolves, we shall suggest it in the new rules poll.

Not a big deal, the town did receive help from basically every evil role who died, and I personally count this as a victory regardless.

QFT.

Raiden
August 10th, 2011, 07:02 AM
Actually it would be a great idea to remove the dead chat and add a whole new spectator chat that could include all people who don't have enough time and dedication to fully partecipate, but would still like to see how the game evolves, we shall suggest it in the new rules poll.

(and add the dead people there of course)

TheJackofSpades
August 10th, 2011, 09:21 AM
So um, yeah. If you had to take a guess, what percentage of the dead chat would you figure thinks I am the GF?

Raiden
August 10th, 2011, 09:42 AM
I believe claw and the other notorious guys had figured it out as soon as i was confirmed consigliere, then proceeded to tell everyone.

If i had to count only personal guesses, i'd say at least 70-80%. I mean now it's pretty easy to figure it out when you have shared information from masons and bad guys. But when i called out the cult leader? I bet next to no one. Unless Zack confessed everything out of rage :D