PDA

View Full Version : Episode 1: Tatooine System Night

FM Ferengi
October 18th, 2012, 07:55 AM
http://i.imgur.com/g6ZfN.jpg

FM Psyduck
October 18th, 2012, 08:40 AM
Ok, so that turned out pretty badly for us :(

I don't understand why Alakazam wasn't lynched though.. 32 people alive / 2 = 16. One extra vote for majority = 17. And Pichu didn't vote him, so there wasn't a fake vote on the pile.

As for the lookout frame ruling, that's a pretty strange one looking at the rolecard:

Visit one person each night and frame the target to your choosing.

May frame teammates as any role.
May frame others as any role.
Will provide false leads to the lookout and the detective.
Lookout and Detectives can track the framer.

So we have no choice to frame lookout/detective information on a specific target as we want it? It always makes it seem like the framed target visits the kill target? That's a bummer, because it takes a lot of utility out of that option. I also don't think it's how it worked in past incarnations.

Of course we failed to submit any specific framing information, but that's our own fault. Maybe we should pay closer attention to the game and the rules so we don't miss anything else. Discuss plans and stop lurking like no tomorrow / posting random night actions without any real reasoning behind them.

Anyway, moving on...

- We kill and clean/clear Pichu
- Alakazam disguises as.. someone. Possibly someone who said they got no night feedback.
- Charizard blackmails/ventriloquists Gyrados and posts some BS result tomorrow to make people doubt his claim. Unless there is a second lookout, noone will detect it

Not sure yet about the other actions.

If someone is injected by a nurse, are they FORCED to use 2 actions the next night or can they just submit one?

Can we convey a message along with douse drugs?

If an arsonist gets injected, can he send both targets a different message, does it have to be the same message or can he only send one of the targets a message?

We need a code for roleblocks etc. I expect meowth or alakazam will get roleblocked.

FM Psyduck
October 18th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Haunter's response to my lure drugs was smart by the way.. I honestly can't tell what he is from that.

First he went "did I get witched?" then "OH DAMN! I got lured!" and next "oh wait nvm it doesn't make a difference anyway"

The last line is especially annoying. It could imply he is something investigative and got a result that was impossible if he did get lured, it could imply he saw that the lure had no effect (his original target getting the desired feedback / his action wouldn't have done anything even if it had reached the original target, like a doctor or bg) or he's just a silly rebel without any night actions.

FM Ferengi
October 18th, 2012, 09:12 AM
Ok, so that turned out pretty badly for us :(
Yes, yes it did. LOL

I don't understand why Alakazam wasn't lynched though.. 32 people alive / 2 = 16. One extra vote for majority = 17. And Pichu didn't vote him, so there wasn't a fake vote on the pile.
Cuz I said 18 votes to lynch....I never said majority anywhere did I? I don't think so :O

So we have no choice to frame lookout/detective information on a specific target as we want it? It always makes it seem like the framed target visits the kill target? That's a bummer, because it takes a lot of utility out of that option. I also don't think it's how it worked in past incarnations.
Yes, the framed target will always appear to have visited whoever was killed that night. (Whoever the mafia killer targets that is...) The only way a lookout can catch it is if they watch who was killed. The detective will see a distorted record of night actions.

If someone is injected by a nurse, are they FORCED to use 2 actions the next night or can they just submit one?
They can still just use one.

Can we convey a message along with douse drugs?
Nope. That's the catch.

If an arsonist gets injected, can he send both targets a different message, does it have to be the same message or can he only send one of the targets a message?
The arsonist can send a unique note to each target.

Anymore? :D

FM Ferengi
October 18th, 2012, 10:50 AM
Fred is away IRL so here's his account information. You can assign one person to control it or multiple people. I will leave the password the same, I suggest you leave it alone too.
FM Squirtle : vOZGLyVU

FM Psyduck
October 18th, 2012, 11:24 AM
What if we frame defensively? How does that work against a lookout/detective?

I'm thinking of using douse drugs anyway.. it may seem useless at first glance, but when you take WIFOM into account an arsonist with a nurse injection might choose not to send a message along to one of his targets in order to make himself less suspicious. Magmar is the one who got injected last night if we are to believe his claim, and he's playing the confusion game. Some people are FOSing him already, so he would doubtlessly get some flak for it.

I suppose I could perform the night kill instead, if we need to use all other actions for something else.

FM Psyduck
October 18th, 2012, 11:53 AM
The night kill should probably be done by the framer or myself. Framer has a high chance of not doing anything though, and it might backfire like it did today (giving Gyrados' story extra credit).

I'm thinking Cubone could be a jester or a ghost, trying to get suspicion on him for defending likely scum. We could put a bounty on his head and hope a neutral killer goes for him (in case of ghost), make people think we are trying to protect him from lynching and/or give him protection from night kills by the town. If we use a bounty, I'd suggest 400,000 or something similar. 1,000,000 all at once is way too much imo.

Can we place multiple bounties at once?

We might consider putting a small bounty on Clefairy so the arsonist burns them quickly.

And a bounty on Mew to make people think he's on the right track with Blaziken. (Mew might also be a jester or some investigative role. He really had a hard on for Blaziken)

Mewtwo is obviously a threat to us, but if we put a bounty on his head, we're giving credit to Gyrados' claim and Blastoise's innocence. So maybe later.

FM Ferengi
October 18th, 2012, 12:34 PM
What if we frame defensively? How does that work against a lookout/detective?
Opposite effect. The target can be listed in whichever class you choose as well, but this time the target will appear to have NOT visited the target.

Can we place multiple bounties at once?
You all can't place jack. Darth Vader can place 1 bounty at a time. ;)

Gimme moar!

FM Alakazam
October 18th, 2012, 01:10 PM
Yeah, I definately need to disguise, I will look back and find someone who seems easy to pose as. For the most people, people time well so it should be hard to just pick someone out. Maybe even AshMagmar would be a good choice. I don't know, I will decide.

FM Alakazam
October 18th, 2012, 01:33 PM
If someone trieds to kill me (Alakazam), will I be able to disguise before?

FM Psyduck
October 18th, 2012, 02:44 PM
Opposite effect. The target can be listed in whichever class you choose as well, but this time the target will appear to have NOT visited the target.
More specifics please. Does it show the de-framed member visiting some other target or noone at all?

FM Psyduck
October 18th, 2012, 02:54 PM
Oh and one other thing..

Does the disguiser kill show up the same as a mafia kill? And is a vigilante kill any different?

If it's easy to tell the source from death descriptions and people see 2 mafia kills or 1 cleaned/mafia kill and a disguiser kill specifically, it won't take long before someone figures out that there was a disguiser kill and after yesterday it will be immediately obvious that it was Alakazam.

FM Psyduck
October 18th, 2012, 02:56 PM
Would we be informed if someone was "missing" from our night chat? And no I don't mean afk/lurking, but jailed.

FM Ferengi
October 18th, 2012, 06:35 PM
Yup.

More specifics please. Does it show the de-framed member visiting some other target or noone at all?
If a lookout watched player x and you framed teammate y who visited player x, he would not show up to the lookout.

Oh and one other thing..

Does the disguiser kill show up the same as a mafia kill? And is a vigilante kill any different?
Disguiser shows up as a mafia kill. Vigilante will be different.

Would we be informed if someone was "missing" from our night chat? And no I don't mean afk/lurking, but jailed.
Nope. If someone is jailed, you won't know until either they talk about it in day or the next night.
Mk.

FM Psyduck
October 18th, 2012, 07:56 PM
If a lookout watched player x and you framed teammate y who visited player x, he would not show up to the lookout.
So noone at all? i.e. we can't have someone pretend they visited player Z and support it with a frame in case anyone checks?

What about the detective? What will he see if we do a friendly frame?

Everyone needs to talk. This night chat is waaaaay too quiet for 7 mafia. I especially want to hear from Meowth, because he might be jailed and if he is, we can't rely on his mopping for our plans.

FM Psyduck
October 18th, 2012, 08:11 PM
Can the grave robber use special mechanics abilities from his target such as the death star and placing bounties, or only standard abilities?

What will a coroner see if they target a dead person that got disguised?

Oh and I'll take over for Fred until our next player dies.

We can use the grave robber to gamble and steal from Scyther or tonight's kill target and "investigate" dead people, or we can take from Jigglypuff and be sure we get an ability at all. In any case, we're seriously lacking information right now.

FM Squirtle
October 18th, 2012, 08:21 PM
Apparently, Fred likes his boards in manly pink :love:

Looks like I got no PMs for night 1.

For now..

rob Jigglypuff

FM Ferengi
October 18th, 2012, 09:11 PM
So noone at all? i.e. we can't have someone pretend they visited player Z and support it with a frame in case anyone checks?

What about the detective? What will he see if we do a friendly frame?
who is player z? And which target will the detective pick? The one who is framed?
Everyone needs to talk. This night chat is waaaaay too quiet for 7 mafia. I especially want to hear from Meowth, because he might be jailed and if he is, we can't rely on his mopping for our plans.

Can the grave robber use special mechanics abilities from his target such as the death star and placing bounties, or only standard abilities?
Standard
The persons role and last will and last target. (from the perspective of the real account)
Oh and I'll take over for Fred until our next player dies.

We can use the grave robber to gamble and steal from Scyther or tonight's kill target and "investigate" dead people, or we can take from Jigglypuff and be sure we get an ability at all. In any case, we're seriously lacking information right now.

fawfgawg

FM Alakazam
October 18th, 2012, 10:58 PM
I think I am going to disguise into Blastoise. He is active as I can be and his typing is similar to mine, albeit less attention to grammar, but relatively easy. He is starting to take a certain place as town to others' eyes.
-disguise Blastoise

FM Squirtle
October 19th, 2012, 08:10 AM
Still just me and Alakazam? Dafuq... Might as well give us control of all the accounts so we can puppeteer the entire mafia lol.. I wouldn't be surprised if some of those who haven't posted haven't read through day 1 yet either.

If a lookout watched player x and you framed teammate y who visited player x, he would not show up to the lookout. who is player z? And which target will the detective pick? The one who is framed?

If a lookout watched player Z and we framed a teammate Y who visited player X, we can't make the lookout see player Y visiting player Z instead of player X to give us an alibi for our night action claims (lies)?

What does the detective see when he follows our player Y who visited player X, but we de-framed him? Does he see "your target visited noone," a random target, or a target of our choosing? (i.e. we make it look like our player visited player Z instead of player X, or even players A and B if we want to look like a role with multiple visits per night)

FM Squirtle
October 19th, 2012, 08:11 AM
I think I am going to disguise into Blastoise. He is active as I can be and his typing is similar to mine, albeit less attention to grammar, but relatively easy. He is starting to take a certain place as town to others' eyes.
-disguise Blastoise

Are you sure that's wise? Blastoise might have made a disguiser check with the jailor.

FM Ferengi
October 19th, 2012, 08:15 AM
Still just me and Alakazam? Dafuq... Might as well give us control of all the accounts so we can puppeteer the entire mafia lol.. I wouldn't be surprised if some of those who haven't posted haven't read through day 1 yet either.

If a lookout watched player Z and we framed a teammate Y who visited player X, we can't make the lookout see player Y visiting player Z instead of player X to give us an alibi for our night action claims (lies)?
Dafuq? No. lol. I'm just keeping a false visit for kills and a no visit for teammates.
What does the detective see when he follows our player Y who visited player X, but we de-framed him? Does he see "your target visited noone," a random target, or a target of our choosing? (i.e. we make it look like our player visited player Z instead of player X, or even players A and B if we want to look like a role with multiple visits per night)
You deframed terminology is killing my mind. lol. Ok so if you frame your teammate who kills someone, he visits no one that night. Lookout wont see him and the detective will get a visited no one result.

FM Squirtle
October 19th, 2012, 08:27 AM
Well apparently I'm not the only one who thought it'd work that way. Alakazam's questions about framing in day chat indicated a similar train of thought. I think it worked that way in past incarnations too. It's in line with being able to choose investigation pairings for framing enemies.

Apparently in this game deframing can only make you look like a citizen/non killer, which is useful for masking kills, but it's bad in all cases where more intricate deception is attempted.

Just to be absolutely sure..

If we deframe our ally player Y, who visits player X and a detective follows Y.. does he still see our player Y visiting player X if player Y's action was NOT a kill?

FM Squirtle
October 19th, 2012, 08:30 AM
Same question for lookouts.

If we deframe ally player Y, who visits player X (NOT A KILL) and a lookout watches player X, does he still see our player Y visiting player X?

FM Squirtle
October 19th, 2012, 08:39 AM
To give an example for how this is useful..

Let's say I visit someone on Psyduck and use the lure drug, so I can claim enchantress when the time comes. When I suspect that I might be followed by someone who claimed detective, I'd like to make sure that it looks like I visited 2 targets. A deframe could be used to accomplish that (but apparently not here)

Let's say Charizard wants to blackmail someone and suspects a lookout will be watching that target, or a detective following him. He of course doesn't want to be seen, so we use a deframe to conceal him. Would that work?

Normally I'd also assume we could use a frame to make it look like someone else blackmailed the target, but apparently lookout frames are only for kills (and thus useless in such cases).

FM Meowth
October 19th, 2012, 08:56 AM
Can we choose to NOT clean role with disguiser?
If so, can we forge a last will on him, meowth?

Meowth, I think if we made his last will something like: "I didn't visit anybody night one, so Gyrados is a liar. My guess is that he was being controlled by the Ventriloquist, or a Disguiser trying to get a misslynch before he disguises."

What do you guys think, meowth?

FM Meowth
October 19th, 2012, 08:59 AM
Also, if deframing a Mafia member makes it seem like they didn't visit anybody at all, why don't we deframe the disguiser. It will look like he didn't visit anybody (sticks with day 1 story), and a lookout/detective won't be able to figuire out who the Disguiser is.
Unless I am unstanding wrong lol.

FM Ferengi
October 19th, 2012, 09:01 AM
Ok. To make it simple I am going to Revamp the Framer. (wasn't explicitly stated in the Setup to it still falls under guidelines.)

Framer: (In addition to other rules)
May now do the following.

Pick to frame who the target "visits" on allies.
Enemies will still show up as visiting the killed player EACH night they were framed. (this includes detectives as well.)
Pick to frame an ally as "visited no one".
If not explicitly stated when framing an ally, I will NOT change who the ally appears to visit. (if they visited a target who was killed, they will appear as visited no one)

Does that cover all of your bases and questions?

FM Meowth
October 19th, 2012, 09:04 AM
oh nvm disguiser doesn't even clean role.
Well let's do that and deframe him and I will write a last will on him, unless Disguiser can choose the last will already.

FM Ferengi
October 19th, 2012, 09:10 AM
Can we choose to NOT clean role with disguiser?
If so, can we forge a last will on him, meowth?
Role is never cleaned when a disguiser disguises....
Yes you may forge last will!

fax

FM Meowth
October 19th, 2012, 09:12 AM
Ok, well then, that's my 2 cents on what we should do tonight.
At any rate, I'm probably going to get lynched tomorrow, i'll try to survive 1 more day, but who knews.

FM Squirtle
October 19th, 2012, 09:17 AM
Ok, so Meowth isn't jailed. That's good.. hopefully the jailor got Mewtwo, so Alakazam doesn't get blocked tonight.

Ok. To make it simple I am going to Revamp the Framer. (wasn't explicitly stated in the Setup to it still falls under guidelines.)

Framer: (In addition to other rules)
May now do the following.

Pick to frame who the target "visits" on allies.
Enemies will still show up as visiting the killed player EACH night they were framed. (this includes detectives as well.)
Pick to frame an ally as "visited no one".
If not explicitly stated when framing an ally, I will NOT change who the ally appears to visit. (if they visited a target who was killed, they will appear as visited no one)

Does that cover all of your bases and questions?

Yes it does, thanks! 8)

Still some other questions though.

If our disguiser targets player X and successfully disguises, does it still show their original last will on "Alakazam's" corpse? Or can Alakazam leave a last will? Or doesn't it leave a last will at all?

The persons role and last will and last target. (from the perspective of the real account)

I'm not entirely sure what you meant here. What's the real account? The original DISGUISER (i.e. the coroner sees who he disguised as) or the target from before it got disguised?

Oh and sorry I didn't disable invisible mode. If anyone asks, I will claim in day chat that I was asked to replace someone after day 1 and that I spent a long time reading / thinking about my actions. If I don't forget, I'll post in day chat with invisible mode off.

FM Meowth
October 19th, 2012, 09:24 AM
If Ala can't leave a Last will on the dead body, i'll leave one for him.

FM Squirtle
October 19th, 2012, 09:44 AM
I don't think Meowth can be saved either (sorry to say).

I think we have two options...

If we kill and disguise, people will know that Alakazam was a disguiser because there were 2 mafia kills and Meowth will surely get lynched. If we do this, one of us should take a leading role in getting Meowth lynched to take the most advantage of it. If I do this myself on Psyduck, I could claim I lured Meowth to myself, resulting in no cleaning. Near the end of day 1, I did make a post in which I said I was FOSing Meowth already.. so the lure would make sense. I can forge a last will for myself to give my claim credit. There's a risk that Haunter will know that I'm lying, but at this point I feel we won't get anywhere if we don't gamble and hope we win to make up for our losses.

The second option is to make a bold play and only use our disguise, but not our night kill. Then we could try to rely on doubt and Charizard discrediting Gyrados with his ventriloquisting, hoping that none of us gets lynched because the town doesn't know what to do. Problem here is that Pichu will rage about his silencing yesterday. But Gyrados (Charizard) could argue the same thing and say that his information from day 1 was all lies. This could work out wonderfully, but it only takes one smart player to speak up and say that the town can ignore both of the ventriloquist claims and that we should lynch Meowth anyway, because it will tell us whose story is true and it gets rid of a potential (likely) mafia member.

FM Squirtle
October 19th, 2012, 09:49 AM
If Ala can't leave a Last will on the dead body, i'll leave one for him.
We may want to remove the last will on Pichu if we are to ventriloquist Gyrados, so that people won't suspect that we switched targets.

The truth is that even if Alakazam can't leave a last will of his own creation on his old body, the person he disguises will flip non-mafia and may have his own last will. That could be enough to cause some confusion about the lookout results, without removing that person's last will. And again, if we kill 2 people someone will probably be smart enough to point out that Alakazam was a disguiser regardless of us cleaning that person's last will. So we'll be better off cleaning the last will of our other kill target.

FM Meowth
October 19th, 2012, 09:49 AM
why doesn't the disguiser kill pichu (so he can't talk), i'll make a last will for disguiser. Also, deframe the disguiser so it seems he didn't visit anybody.
Vent takes over Gyrados and pretends that he was controlled day 1, and squirtle can attempt to get me lynched.
With Gyrados now saying his d1 results were skewed, alakazham coming up town, and blastoise being jailed, I might be able to squeeze my way out of you trying to lynch me by saying you lured me, which isn't that great of an argument.
But, if I do get lynched, it will look great for squirtle, and he probably wouldn't be questioned for a while.

FM Squirtle
October 19th, 2012, 09:54 AM
By the way, in my option 1 from 2 posts up, I meant we could use a last will cleaning/forgery to make it look like the janitor was not successful in cleaning anyone, which can be explained by me saying I lured him.

why doesn't the disguiser kill pichu (so he can't talk), i'll make a last will for disguiser. Also, deframe the disguiser so it seems he didn't visit anybody.
Vent takes over Gyrados and pretends that he was controlled day 1, and squirtle can attempt to get me lynched.
With Gyrados now saying his d1 results were skewed, alakazham coming up town, and blastoise being jailed, I might be able to squeeze my way out of you trying to lynch me by saying you lured me, which isn't that great of an argument.
But, if I do get lynched, it will look great for squirtle, and he probably wouldn't be questioned for a while.
That's actually a fairly sound plan. I like it..

I think Alakazam should be capable of taking over Charizard's "pop pop" spoiler facade :p

But then what do we do with that second kill? Use it? Not use it?

FM Meowth
October 19th, 2012, 09:58 AM
It's probably best not to use it. I know that killing 2 town in 1 night is so beneficial, but we're kind of backed into a corner. We need to give up the 2 kills in 1 night as an attempt to confuse people and keep us alive longer.

If I live through tonight and tomorrow, we can kill the Lookout and i'll clean his role.

FM Squirtle
October 19th, 2012, 10:03 AM
^Going with that plan above

We could throw sh*t at each other and control the day chat and have Gyrados (Charizard) and yourself (Meowth) arguing against Psyduck (me) and possibly some townies who are convinced that Meowth and Alakazam are scum. Whoever wins the debate, if a lynch is the result of it some of us will instantly look a lot more trustworthy. People generally don't expect the mafia to fabricate arguments between themselves in day chat... they expect us to sit back and hope we aren't found. Because that's what most mafia players do. Confusion is more fun though :p

(Oh and psyduck is our "enchantress," not squirtle. This dude is the grave robber)

Regardless of all that, we must consider the possibility that a vigilante shoots Meowth tonight (if they shoot Alakazam, Alakazam's disguise will happen first and there will be a double hit on his disguise target I think, if I read Blazer's explanation of the disguiser rules correctly). If that happens, we can just proceed as normal.

FM Meowth
October 19th, 2012, 10:12 AM
What should I claim tomorrow do you think?
I could say I am detective:
N1 : FM jigglypuff -> FM magikarp
N2: lured : ??? -> FM Meowth

FM Meowth
October 19th, 2012, 10:13 AM
I just think that if a coroner checks FM jiggly to see who isn't mafia, he can agree with what I stated

FM Meowth
October 19th, 2012, 10:16 AM
Hmm to strengthen Psys story of enchantress, why don't we have DD drug repel on somebody

FM Squirtle
October 19th, 2012, 11:14 AM
Not sure about that night 2. It seems a bit too convenient if you're supporting my supposed night action and just happened to follow jigglypuff as well. If you or I die and flip mafia, it'll be rather easy to figure out that all of those results were made up using inside information.

Another potential issue here is that if I am to claim that I lured you and use that to explain that you must be the janitor, I may have to bring up that I think Alakazam was a disguiser as well. Or that Blastoise and Mewtwo are lying and that Alakazam lied about not visiting Scyther too. Otherwise I'm acting on Gyrados' information and only believing half of it.. Then again, someone probably will mention Alakazam may have been a disguiser, regardless.

FM Squirtle
October 19th, 2012, 11:15 AM
Hmm to strengthen Psys story of enchantress, why don't we have DD drug repel on somebody
Because a repel message only comes up if they actually visited me to begin with. I have to know that someone will target me for that to work.

FM Squirtle
October 19th, 2012, 11:21 AM
Because a repel message only comes up if they actually visited me to begin with. I have to know that someone will target me for that to work.

That is, if Psy was a real enchantress :p

Using the drugs, they would get the repel message without having visited Psyduck. If I then go "I repelled that guy!" they will know right away I'm a drug dealer.

FM Squirtle
October 19th, 2012, 11:36 AM
Maybe you could confirm lured if I claim doing so first. That could work without getting unnecessary suspicion on me.

Or you could go for a different claim altogether.. like coroner. You could say that Gyrados' result on you was false, because you submitted no night action OR tried to check someone who didn't die on the first night. Then on the second night, you checked Jigglypuff and saw who he visited.

Of course, that's a very common false claim for janitors and it might not work.

FM Meowth
October 19th, 2012, 12:20 PM
I'm just going to claim doctor if someone asks and see what happens lmao

FM Meowth
October 19th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Make your case to lynch me, I'll confirm I was lured and I will claim dr.

FM Meowth
October 19th, 2012, 12:26 PM
Hmm just read your coroner suggestion.
Idno coroner when people think I'm janitor is soooo obvious, I'll get lynched for certain.

Instead, I'm going to claim something bizarre and completely unlikely... I'll look at the possible roles and decide

FM Meowth
October 19th, 2012, 12:31 PM
Ooohhhh I have an idea, maybe.
If we use a drug on a town, I can claim that role to prove my innocence.
But honestly, it's probably best for Mafia if I just try to defend against you guys trying to lynch me lol.

FM Squirtle
October 19th, 2012, 02:42 PM
What about investigator? We can make an educated guess about who might be a rebel. If you hit a bounty hunter, they may say you're telling the truth in order to keep attention off themselves. Or at least people will try to push them into making a roleclaim, which could lead to some valuable information and/or shift of focus. If you hit an actual rebel, they may help give you the benefit of doubt (because we couldn't possibly have gotten a consigliere result, as jigglypuff died night 1).

Then for the second target, you could say you investigated Gyrados. You can say his investigation result checks out, but that he's probably a disguiser or ventriloquist (he will have NO information on town roles to get himself confirmed, so this will give you credit). Or that you got something completely different from the lookout pairing. Possibly mayor/godfather/jester or bus driver/arsonist/ghost. Or even rebel/actress/framer/student. Make a play on how he just happened to know how a framer worked against a lookout's info.. And that he could be a framer himself, or an actress, or even a bored citizen making a gambit to get some information out of some people he found suspicious.

Most important for that claim is picking the right target for your night 1 investigation "result."

FM Squirtle
October 19th, 2012, 02:44 PM
Another plus to such a claim is that we can use squirtle to get information for your third result, should it come to that.

FM Charizard
October 19th, 2012, 03:11 PM
I'm insanely busy this weekend. I'm going to keep on the same Ventriloquist target and hope I can continue to put suspicion on Mewtwo.

-Ventriloquist Pichu

FM Alakazam
October 19th, 2012, 04:46 PM
I don't have to to see if someone else is a good candidate, I will be gone till late sunday. (birthday celebrating)
IF you guys can think of someone which posts frequently, uses decent grammar, and doesn't take too big of a town lead, you can force me to disguise elsewhere.
I will try to post from my phone when I can and I will be asking blazer for updates on my feedbacks via text tonight.

FM Ferengi
October 19th, 2012, 05:23 PM
If our disguiser targets player X and successfully disguises, does it still show their original last will on "Alakazam's" corpse? Or can Alakazam leave a last will? Or doesn't it leave a last will at all?
If Alakazam successfully disguises, the last will of who he killed will go to the Alakazam account.
I'm not entirely sure what you meant here. What's the real account? The original DISGUISER (i.e. the coroner sees who he disguised as) or the target from before it got disguised?
wat

FM Squirtle
October 19th, 2012, 07:32 PM
wat
Please read the quote above the question in the original post and you'll know what I was talking about.

I don't have to to see if someone else is a good candidate, I will be gone till late sunday. (birthday celebrating)
IF you guys can think of someone which posts frequently, uses decent grammar, and doesn't take too big of a town lead, you can force me to disguise elsewhere.
I will try to post from my phone when I can and I will be asking blazer for updates on my feedbacks via text tonight.
Blastoise is a bad candidate because of his connection to the jailor. Take over Pichu from Charizard as we discussed earlier.

If we can't make a plan together and have people read and take part in it, I'm suiciding. Sorry for the rage, but I'm seriously annoyed right now.

FM Ferengi
October 19th, 2012, 07:35 PM
From the dead persons POV.

FM Squirtle
October 19th, 2012, 07:39 PM
Ok, so it's the disguise target's last action before it got killed then. If Alakazam disguises as Pichu and a coroner checks the "Alakazam" corpse, he'll see Pichu's last action. Ty.

FM Squirtle
October 20th, 2012, 06:22 AM
12 hours to go. Does anyone other than Cryptonic have any input at all? Or are we giving up?

FM Ferengi
October 20th, 2012, 08:21 AM
FM Alakazam --- Blastoise
FM Charizard --- Pichu
FM Squirtle --- Jigglypuff

Current night actions.

FM Meowth
October 20th, 2012, 08:27 AM
I thought we had a pretty good plan, but i'm worried that it's gonna fall through now

FM Squirtle
October 20th, 2012, 11:47 AM
As am I. It had potential, but like this we can't execute anything.

FM Charmander
October 20th, 2012, 01:47 PM
http://i.imgur.com/dlSwC.jpg
Gimme a quick summary of any actions you want me to force while I catch up. I'll check back every half hour or so until deadline.

FM Meowth
October 20th, 2012, 01:57 PM
Gimme a quick summary of any actions you want me to force while I catch up. I'll check back every half hour or so until deadline.

This is what Squirt and I had thought out:

No Mafia Kill
Ventriloquist -> Gyrados
Disguiser -> Pichu
Janitor frames last will for Pichu/Disguiser.

If Disguiser doesn't get roleblocked;
someone (forget who.. psy?) tries to get me lynched.
I defend myself.

This will cause one of three things:
1. I get lynched, and whoever forced the lynch if safe from prosecution for a while.
2. I survive another day or two before getting shot or lynched, once again making the person safe from prosecution.
3. Detective (on me) or Lookout (on ala, unlikely though) catches our lie and me and whoever is saying they enchanted me also gets lynched.

Or, we can kill 2 people tonight, and I get lynched from "enchantress".

FM Charmander
October 20th, 2012, 02:33 PM
You know if it wasn't for the fact that we have 2 MIA teammates I wouldn't say this but, I'd rather kill a couple people and hope for PRs.

FM Charmander
October 20th, 2012, 02:33 PM
You know if it wasn't for the fact that we have 2 MIA teammates I wouldn't say this but, I'd rather kill a couple people and hope for PRs.

And by that I mean you can take over when you die.

FM Squirtle
October 20th, 2012, 03:07 PM
The idea isn't that we sit back, kill people and wait and see what happens, but to cause confusion by doing something unexpected and try to divide the town in their judgement.

It's still possible to do something like that if we go for 2 kills and sacrifice Meowth, but to a lesser extent.

Gyrados
Anyway, the ventriloquist on Gyrados is a must in my opinion. He's a town leader now and we probably can't kill him, but because he is the lookout himself nobody will be able to see that he got ventriloquist'd. Charizard creates doubt about the day 1 lookout claim, because there are no town players who can confirm that claim. Charizard does not have to make his writing look like Gyrados from day 1, because he can claim that he was taken by the ventriloquist then.

So Charizard->Gyrados

Alakazam and Meowth
With the ventriloquist switch, killing Pichu and making sure his last will doesn't show also becomes a must. This kill can, however, be performed by the disguiser. Charizard was only moderately active as Pichu and should be easy enough to impersonate for Alakazam.

So Alakazam->Pichu
Meowth->Alakazam (it will be alakazam's account he's removing the last will of, not Pichu's)

Squirtle
Meowth can claim investigator who found 1 person in rebel investigation pairing and Gyrados as well. We don't know if Scyther or Pichu will have anything valuable to steal. We can use Squirtle to feed Meowth one extra day of information. We can use that information ourselves as well.

Squirtle -> Jigglypuff

Ditto
If there is a detective, they will very likely follow Alakazam. He is also likely to get checked by the sheriff.

Ditto->Alakazam
Still need to come up with the details for invest result and supposed "target" for detective/lookout framing.

QUESTION TO HOST: if a detective follows Alakazam, does he see who our disguiser disguised as, or does he see Pichu's last target? Lookout/detective goes last in the OoO, so the disguise already happened before their action I guess?

Psyduck
Douse somebody, try to implicate Magmar who is already impopular as arsonist. He got injected by the nurse last night and tonight there will supposedly be two dousings.

FM Squirtle
October 20th, 2012, 03:09 PM
We can also do

Ditto->Meowth
Deframe as Investigator, visited Gyrados

FM Meowth
October 20th, 2012, 03:46 PM
This is smurt:

Psyduck
Douse somebody, try to implicate Magmar who is already impopular as arsonist. He got injected by the nurse last night and tonight there will supposedly be two dousings.

Yea, so use two kills, Ala splits, and let me be fodder :D

FM Meowth
October 20th, 2012, 03:47 PM
Maybe we should deframe Ala so it looks like he visited no one, incase detective is on him

FM Squirtle
October 20th, 2012, 03:49 PM
Looking for possible rebels/scum..

Blastoise seems like a bored rebel trying to draw attention and making the most of troll day (0). However, he has already been in contact with the jailor and it turns out he did not claim rebel in jail, the jailor will jail/execute meowth even if he doesn't get lynched.

Mew might have information on Blaziken that we don't, as he seems to be over analysing his posts to make a case that wasn't particularly strong, yet he kept insisting. I've seen this kind of play from clementine and kromos before when they played citizens though, and they sometimes turned out to be right, too. I'm not sure, but it may be worth a shot.

Hi all. This may come as a surprise to you, but I spent last night sleeping, and didn't visit anyone or do anything.
Very blatant? Could be a WIFOM trap. His general attitude is a bit sheep-ish though, so he could be a rebel... Prominent enough for a credible night 1 investigation.

Hey everyone. I got no feedback messages. Time to lurk. Lol jk. I would like to know who else got swapped.
This guy is very much a sheep and keeps to the background in most discussions, only stating the obvious and generally not being very helpful. Could be scum.

I'm a replacement. I said I'd join if Blazer ran out of reserves so there was probably a lot of other replacements or Blazer put me in anyway.
Replacements are always interesting. He's not very active and his predecessor seemed uninterested in the game. Could be a cit here. Not the most credible target for a night 1 investigation though.

I can finally see the game and post now. My permissions were screwy... I thought I was dead for a while lol.
Could also be a replacement, but if he didn't have access to the game at all he couldn't have submitted a night action. I don't think Blazer would miss that. He did not seem overly annoyed that he couldn't post before now. He might be a rebel, but might also be lying/scum. Not a bad target to call out as citizen. Again, he didn't post day 0 so not the most credible night 1 target.

Mudkip is a sheep, a troll, and easy to justify for a "random" night 1 check because of the name. From his posting, looks like possible cit material.

FM Squirtle
October 20th, 2012, 03:50 PM
This is smurt:

Psyduck

Yea, so use two kills, Ala splits, and let me be fodder :D

We'd have to drop the deframe, the drugs or the grave rob in order to use our regular night kill.

FM Squirtle
October 20th, 2012, 03:52 PM
I'm a replacement. I said I'd join if Blazer ran out of reserves so there was probably a lot of other replacements or Blazer put me in anyway. Replacements are always interesting.

He's not very active and his predecessor seemed uninterested in the game. Could be a cit here. Not the most credible target for a night 1 investigation though.

Fixt

FM Squirtle
October 20th, 2012, 04:07 PM
Meowth, do you want to write a last will to plant on our disguiser's corpse?

If Pichu turns out to be a town PR that normally visits people on night 0, it's not really possible to explain why Alakazam lied about that and a last will that implies the same will just be dismissed as a janitor forgery.

If the last will states he didn't use his action yet, and he is a role without a night action, it will also be an obvious forgery.

A rant about Gyrados' lies and how stupid the town is for blindly believing that BS with nobody to back up his claim, and making mention of a fail vigilante probably has the highest chance of success. All the while conveniently forgetting to mention anything about night actions.

And a clean last will is always a possibility, but it's also quite predictable and perhaps not very believable considering how active Alakazam was.

FM Squirtle
October 20th, 2012, 04:11 PM
By the way there is a hole in our plan regarding shutting up Gyrados. He might get bus driven.. if you ask me, that's a chance we need to take though. Alakazam/meowth may also be bus driven as redirects.

FM Charmander
October 20th, 2012, 04:20 PM
Alright, write up the wills and I'll put those in, in the mean time for consolidation purposes I agree with your reasoning so...

-ventrilo Gyrados
-kill and disguise (with alakazam) into pichu
-graverob jigglypuff

Also for the moment this unless you have a better idea

-deframe Meowth as investigator visiting gyrados

All we need now is meowth to write the new last will and post his command

FM Psyduck
October 20th, 2012, 04:41 PM
Douse drug Pikachu

He's fairly active and already less inclined to believe Gyrados. This might fuel a hunt for the arsonist.

FM Psyduck
October 20th, 2012, 04:43 PM
We have just over an hour left. I'll write a small last will we can use, as I'm not sure if Meowth will return before the end of the night.

FM Charmander
October 20th, 2012, 04:52 PM
We have just over an hour left. I'll write a small last will we can use, as I'm not sure if Meowth will return before the end of the night.

Go ahead and post it so I can copy it into a command. If he shows up before the deadline we can always change it.

FM Psyduck
October 20th, 2012, 05:07 PM
Alakazam's forged last will:

Hurrr Durrr ,town go baa baa after a guy who claims something nobody can confirm and now I git shot by a Vigilante I guess? LOL so typical :|
Fact is you had nothing on me and gyrados is obv full of crap. Lynch him next please. Or if you're afraid of jester shenanigans you can go ahead and kill him at night. Just make sure of it that he dies quickly so I can laugh at him in death chat : D

Alakazam out. Good luck suckers!

FM Psyduck
October 20th, 2012, 05:08 PM
Hurrr Durrr ,town go baa baa after a guy who claims something nobody can confirm and now I git shot by a Vigilante I guess? LOL so typical : |
Fact is you had nothing on me and gyrados is obv full of crap. Lynch him next please. Or if you're afraid of jester shenanigans you can go ahead and kill him at night. Just make sure of it that he dies quickly so I can laugh at him in death chat : D

Fixed so the smiley looks like Alakazam's writing style.

FM Psyduck
October 20th, 2012, 05:40 PM
THE SCRIPT FOR DAY 2 (if disguise successful)

- Alakazam uses the Pichu spoiler format, same as Charizard used.

pichu

text

- Psyduck claims he lured Haunter/repelled Blastoise night 1 and lured Meowth/repelled Alakazam night 2, explaining the lack of a janitor cleaning because he lured Meowth

- Meowth claims investigator, reveals his night 0 result as Snorlax OR Togepi (maybe Eevee or Hitmonchan) as Rebel/Actress/Framer/Student and we HOPE they confirm it or at least not deny it. For his night 1 result, he reveals Gyrados as Bus Driver/Arsonist/Ghost OR Rebel/Actress/Framer/Student. Either way, he attacks Gyrados and Psyduck and calls them out as liars. Don't start about a disguiser..

- Charizard uses Gyrados to say he got ventriloquisted the day before, and that his claim was false. He uses a different writing style of his own choosing. Possibly from day 0. If Meowth uses the Rebel result and Snorlax/Togepi/Eevee/Hitmonchan don't protest, he CONFIRMS it. If Meowth uses the arsonist result, he DENIES it.
He might decide to point out that there were 2 doused claims, and that magmar was injected the day before. IMPORTANT!! MAKE SURE 2 people do claim doused that day before doing this!

If 2 people claim doused, but Pikachu is not one of them, and one of them reports not to have received a special message from the arsonist while the other does, we will know who was bus driven that day! This can also be used to our advantage should Charizard want to claim bus driver on Gyrados.

FM Psyduck
October 20th, 2012, 06:01 PM
I hope because we actually settled what action we would use for Meowth, that it will be taken into account... even though the exact command wasn't posted within the deadline.

That is:
Meowth -> Forge Alakazam's last will:

Hurrr Durrr ,town go baa baa after a guy who claims something nobody can confirm and now I git shot by a Vigilante I guess? LOL so typical : |

FM Charmander
October 20th, 2012, 06:08 PM
I hope because we actually settled what action we would use for Meowth, that it will be taken into account... even though the exact command wasn't posted within the deadline.

That is:
Meowth -> Forge Alakazam's last will:

@blazer
Pretend this is me making the command.

FM Ferengi
October 20th, 2012, 06:31 PM
QUESTION TO HOST: if a detective follows Alakazam, does he see who our disguiser disguised as, or does he see Pichu's last target? Lookout/detective goes last in the OoO, so the disguise already happened before their action I guess?

They see all actions so they would see alakazam visit who the disguised target was. If you can't tell they are the strong town players lol.

FM Psyduck
October 20th, 2012, 06:39 PM
They see all actions so they would see alakazam visit who the disguised target was. If you can't tell they are the strong town players lol.
I asked because their action was later in the OoO. This normally means that their targets are subject to swaps (bus driver/disguiser) that happen before their action, so they'd be visiting Pichu instead...

Then again, OoO's have been butchered in a lot of FMs lately, so I'm not sure what the standard is anymore :p

FM Ferengi
October 20th, 2012, 06:51 PM
I asked because their action was later in the OoO. This normally means that their targets are subject to swaps (bus driver/disguiser) that happen before their action, so they'd be visiting Pichu instead...

Then again, OoO's have been butchered in a lot of FMs lately, so I'm not sure what the standard is anymore :p

You calling me a butcher of FMs?

23. Lookout/Detective (see all the above)

FM Psyduck
October 20th, 2012, 07:08 PM
I'm calling you a butcher of OoO standards. But a lot of submissions on the MFM board have had some odd changes from how OoOs used to be made. I've been thinking of adding a section about the OoO to the guidelines posts on the MFM board to alleviate this..

23. Lookout/Detective (see all the above)
That they can see everything doesn't mean they aren't affected by swaps that happened prior to their action.

1. Alakazam disguises as Pichu
2. Alakazam the disguiser is now in the Pichu account and Pichu the ??? is now in the Alakazam account
3. Detective/Lookout visits the new Alakazam, which is actually Pichu.

This is also why we're sending Meowth after Alakazam and not Pichu, because if we sent Meowth to Pichu, we'd be forging the last will of someone who isn't dead (the janitor action comes after the disguiser swap).

By saying that a detective visiting Alakazam will see him disguising, while a vigilante shooting alakazam will shoot Pichu in Alakazam's clothes as explained here:

Yup.
Vigilante kill happens after Disguiser swap, apparently. And it's on the same spot on the OoO even, just further to the right.

And saying that a coroner, whose action also takes place after the kill, will see Pichu's last action and not that Alakazam disguised as Pichu as explained here:

From the dead persons POV.

You are contradicting yourself in your OoO.

No offense, just saying.

FM Psyduck
October 20th, 2012, 07:14 PM
There wouldn't be a problem if everyone used the same standard logics for their OoO's so everything was immediately clear. But when everyone uses a different set of logic it just gets confusing.

FM Ferengi
October 20th, 2012, 07:14 PM
Hold on what now xD

FM Ferengi
October 20th, 2012, 07:18 PM
Wait wait. So you saying that I am contradicting myself in the OoO when the coroner watched the Alakazam account and does not get the results from when Alakazam disguised? :o did I mistype? Dx Dx just shoot me now! It should be he sees him as a disguiser and who he targeted >.> <.< thats not what i said is it? >: <:L|L<W:ALG<L:AEWGMEWPOI$WONHW$

Bork I love you. You make me realize how silly i type sometimes >.<

FM Psyduck
October 20th, 2012, 07:33 PM
Yeah.. because the dead person is Pichu in Alakazam's clothes. So his point of view = his last action? That's what I thought you meant anyway, lulz.

Even if you misunderstood that question and made a mistake in answering it.. and the coroner does, in fact, see Alakazam having visited Pichu on his last night.. there's still the OoO conflict with the kills vs the original disguiser, which will hit the old Alakazam and not the new one. And possibly with investigator/sheriff checks too, because they happen before the disguise swap in the OoO too. Unless the disguise isn't treated as a swap at all and the kills are just an exception to the rule and- ARGH!

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/13585569/images/1295490659393.jpg

:p

This is why it's good to have some sort of standard to stick to.

FM Ferengi
October 20th, 2012, 07:36 PM
Ok let me see if I can spell this out. Alakazam visit Pichu and KILL HIM AND TAKE HIS CLOTHES AND DISGUISE!
The coroner can see through all of the disception and will check the body and be like, wait....this isn't his real role....this isn't the real person! He was disguised! let me see.....ok the evidence shows that he use to be Pichu! OMG PICHU IS THE NEW DISGUISER!

make sense? :D