FM Ferengi
October 13th, 2012, 05:09 PM
http://i.imgur.com/g6ZfN.jpg

FM Charmander
October 13th, 2012, 06:06 PM
Let's kill Blastoise....because water.

FM Alakazam
October 13th, 2012, 09:49 PM
I am fine with killing Blastoise. He is either a Town PR, or a neutral. Eitehr way, I want that nigga dead.

FM Alakazam
October 14th, 2012, 04:56 AM
:|

FM Psyduck
October 14th, 2012, 12:00 PM
What makes you think Blastoise is a PR? People who are really vocal on troll day without really trying to look trustworthy are often just citizens messing around and trying to draw attention to themselves. Not saying he can't be a PR anyway, but I didn't get any vibe from his posts that leads me to think he's a PR over anything else.

If anyone looks like a PR to me it's Dragonair. His posts are mostly trolly, but in one of them he shows that he's paid close attention to the rules. At the very least, he cares enough about the game to have read up on it/points stuff out to others/is being helpful.

Other points of interest to me were:

- Magikarp asking for additional discussion time
- Pichu using the spoiler tag translation from last game's vigilante
- Mewtwo's "I'm scum" WIFOM, which is something real scum doesn't usually do

PS. lol CmG immediately showing everyone who you are again XD

PS2. lol @ Raptor (godfather) calling Lysergic "mommy"

FM Psyduck
October 14th, 2012, 01:02 PM
Does the janitor have infinite uses?

The rolecard doesn't say anything. In any case, with this many players it'll be no surprise that we have one, so we shouldn't hide it for that reason specifically. We should use it early in my opinion. Perhaps not night 1, but definitely night 2.

We can use the grave robber to steal an ability from tonight's kill target. This might be a good idea considering he won't have much else to do otherwise.

About the death star:
As with cleanings, I say we use it as early as possible. There's no point saving it only to have the player who could've used it die prematurely. It could be useful to block an unknown jailor, but waiting usually results in waste... And using it at all is never a waste. In fact, the earlier we use it, the more compounding its effect (if we use it night 1, less info for town to work with on day 2, 3, 4, ... etc. If we use it night 2, less info for day 3, 4, 5, .. etc. Same with bounty hunter kills that could end up on us).

Sidious should use it night 4 right away, because the earlier we use it the more rebel kills it'll yield.

Of course, there's the problem of Luke Skywalker. We should hope we get a lucky kill on him soon...

Drugs:

Fake attack and heal.
Fake douse.
Fake witching.
Fake bus driven.
Fake lure.
Fake repel.

I find that bus driven drugs are really pointless in the long run because unless we manage to clean the bus driver, we won't really fool anyone with it for more than a few days. And if nobody visits the targeted person, it won't do anything to confuse anyone. It only helps to construct an alibi using another bus driver's actions which are claimed in day chat.

Attacked and healed is equally pointless until much later, because with games this large people usually figure the chance for an early heal to be successful is extremely small. Might be used if we think our kill might be blocked or our GF's invulnerability will kick in. Otherwise meh. Makes detectives/lookouts call me out as a possible killer too.

Witched is interesting to disrupt investigations, but has a downside of increasing the chance I get caught by a detective/lookout. For tonight I think I'm more or less safe however, so it's an option.

Dousing is an interesting one, because only the arsonist and us will know which is the real douse. It will increase the number of people who prioritise the search for the arsonist because they want to save their own hide, and it might get attention off us. It's definitely one to consider, but has the same drawbacks as the witch drugs.

Repelling is useless unless we consistently use lure/repel drugs, or manage to clean a real enchantress if one is in the game. The chance for a repel to be successful is very limited. On the plus side it's safe to use vs detectives/lookouts. We should probably only use repel if we know who the sheriff is.

Luring seems like the safest drug for faking a claim. Repels only give feedback if they're successful, so unless someone specifically targeted me I can just claim I repelled some random person. I'll be safe from detectives and lookouts won't be alarmed to see me visiting. Only problem here is investigators; they'll see right through it if their real target doesn't come up as DD/Enchantress/Witch. And if a sheriff gets a suspicious result, they will know it wasn't a real lure either. The only explanation for these would be a frame (so we could use a combination of lure/repel drugs and frames to stir things up a little).

Speaking of frames.. I'd like to suggest using the frame to protect Jigglypuff from investigation tonight. We'll want to use his death star power if at all possible, and I think he's not the most unlikely person to get checked.

Is a detective/lookout able to see both the lure and the repel action of an enchantress?

FM Ferengi
October 14th, 2012, 01:06 PM
Does the janitor have infinite uses?
Yup.
Is a detective/lookout able to see both the lure and the repel action of an enchantress?
Yup. The lookout would see the enchantress visit the targeted player. The detective would see the enchantress visit two people that night. (if used both abilities)

FM Jigglypuff
October 14th, 2012, 02:26 PM
Jigglypuff!

I am gonna find Luke tonight!

FM Jigglypuff
October 14th, 2012, 02:35 PM
-check Magicarp.

This guy looks powerish to me. That Mayor wifomer goes onto my nerves. The rest of the day was pretty much meh.

FM Psyduck
October 14th, 2012, 02:36 PM
Ok, so we could opt to kill someone, clean them and rob them all in one night. If we do this though we should probably do it to someone who isn't in the spotlights as much (i.e. definitely not blastoise), to reduce the risk of those actions being tracked. The grave robber could be shielded from detection if we use the framer for that. The disguiser should probably be sent to kill. He's the only one who has a chance to start fresh if discovered and doesn't have an ability we can use every night.

And a detective will always see that lure/repel is fake, making those options more risky. I'm wondering if I should douse or use lure on someone.. opinions?

Do we want to place a bounty on anyone's head yet?

Bounties

Bounties will be issued each.

Each what? Each night?

How are bounties announced? In public, using the day opening post?

Do the bounty hunters have to contact us in some way or is a bounty automatically collected when a target is killed? What if the target is killed the same night we issue the bounty?

FM Psyduck
October 14th, 2012, 02:41 PM
If bounties are public, I wonder if placing a bounty on someone's head wouldn't just protect them. We could place a bounty on Charmander's head for teh lulz.

Godfather not immune to any form of detection?

FM Ferengi
October 14th, 2012, 02:51 PM
Ok, so we could opt to kill someone, clean them and rob them all in one night. If we do this though we should probably do it to someone who isn't in the spotlights as much (i.e. definitely not blastoise), to reduce the risk of those actions being tracked. The grave robber could be shielded from detection if we use the framer for that. The disguiser should probably be sent to kill. He's the only one who has a chance to start fresh if discovered and doesn't have an ability we can use every night.

And a detective will always see that lure/repel is fake, making those options more risky. I'm wondering if I should douse or use lure on someone.. opinions?

Do we want to place a bounty on anyone's head yet?

Each what? Each night?
May be issued each night or day.
How are bounties announced? In public, using the day opening post?
I will announce them either in the bounty thread (if cap ever makes it >.<) or the day/night thread.
Do the bounty hunters have to contact us in some way or is a bounty automatically collected when a target is killed? What if the target is killed the same night we issue the bounty?
The bounty will be collected once the target has been killed. There is no need for a mediator between the Imperial Army and the Bounty Hunters. If Darth Vader issues a bounty, it will be a day bounty. Therefore, if that target is killed at night, the bounty will no longer be valid and no payments made.

If bounties are public, I wonder if placing a bounty on someone's head wouldn't just protect them. We could place a bounty on Charmander's head for teh lulz.

Godfather not immune to any form of detection?
Nope.

These will not be posted in the FAQ so don't worry about helping out the town with more information.

FM Psyduck
October 14th, 2012, 02:59 PM
I will announce them either in the bounty thread (if cap ever makes it >.<) or the day/night thread.
Would the bounty thread be public?

Whether they're public or only visible to bounty hunters/us is important for both us and them.

The bounty will be collected once the target has been killed. There is no need for a mediator between the Imperial Army and the Bounty Hunters. If Darth Vader issues a bounty, it will be a day bounty. Therefore, if that target is killed at night, the bounty will no longer be valid and no payments made.
I don't understand this. How does a daytime only bounty work if the bounty hunters can't kill during the day?

FM Ferengi
October 14th, 2012, 03:14 PM
Would the bounty thread be public?

Whether they're public or only visible to bounty hunters/us is important for both us and them.

I don't understand this. How does a daytime only bounty work if the bounty hunters can't kill during the day?

Public indeed.

Darth Vader's bounty will be issued at start of the following day. The time for how long the bounty will last is up to him as well. Since the bounty is not announced until day, the night kill would prevent the bounty from being issued.

FM Charizard
October 14th, 2012, 03:30 PM
Also, we should probably be thinking about who we want me to use my ventriloquism action on.

I don't see anything about not being able to use it on the same person multiple times, so we could get some decent confusion going on.

And yeah, I would regard a bounty as being pretty much immediate protection for whomever we decide to issue it on. Still, it's a bad idea to put it on any of us.

FM Psyduck
October 14th, 2012, 03:33 PM
We can indeed use WIFOM bounties if we want. Killers will be reluctant to visit the target out of fear of being spotted, and we may be able to direct lookouts/doctors a little while encouraging sheriffs and the likes to check people that aren't marked for death by us.

The godfather and disguiser are the best roles for this, imo. The godfather because his invest pairing is awful and he has no night abilities that he can use for quite some time, and the disguiser because he can just jump to another account and lose EM charges and douses (I think?)

Does the disguiser swap get rid of EM charges and douses? I think it does in SC2 mafia :p

FM Ferengi
October 14th, 2012, 03:38 PM
Does the disguiser swap get rid of EM charges and douses?
The original account of the disguiser will retain the charges/douses and so will the account that he swaps to.

For example: if the disguiser is doused and he swaps with someone without any effect on them, he will have no effect on him with his new account.
If the account he is swapping to has a douse/charge he will take control of the account and will be charged/doused as well. (read the inbox for those notifications)

Careful who you pick ;D

FM Charizard
October 14th, 2012, 03:52 PM
Also, my internet connection at work is terrible, so I'll probably have some trouble posting consistently until I get off (and get done watching Walking Dead after work).

FM Charizard
October 14th, 2012, 03:53 PM
Wait, can I vent someone and post a bounty the same night?

FM Charizard
October 14th, 2012, 03:54 PM
Wait, can I vent someone and post a bounty the same night?

Or rather:

Can I vent someone and post a bounty the same night?

FM Ferengi
October 14th, 2012, 04:01 PM
Or rather:

Can I vent someone and post a bounty the same night?

Indeed

FM Psyduck
October 14th, 2012, 04:01 PM
Is the electromaniac's charge considered a "fire" attack for godfather immunities?

I'm not sure who should be blackmailed/ventriloquisted. Maybe someone like Gyrados with his mayor reveal plan? It was a fairly risky idea, but it at least shows he thinks about more intricate play than sit back and wait for evidence.

You could also blackmail Pichu and spam the whole day using POP POP.. erm, I mean Pichu spoilers.

Anyway, putting a bounty on our disguiser seems like an attractive option. He can get WIFOM protection against investigation while performing our kills, and jump to shrug off charge/douse if necessary. The town will think that the neutral killers have gained strength from collecting their bounty and will perceive them as a greater threat.

If I use douse drugs on someone, the real arsonist/electromaniac will not visit that person, so we could use them for a safe swap in the future. Naturally people will ask questions about how the claimed doused players survived an incineration, but drugs is indeed a possible answer then.

We can also use a douse drug to make the nurse think they injected an arsonist at some point, but for that we either need to wait with douse drugs until injection effects are possible or use the drug and have someone fake claim doused on the same day (the disguiser?)

FM Psyduck
October 14th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Oh and.. do death descriptions reveal the cause of death?

Can't fake an electromaniac death if it says you got your hand cut off by a lightsaber :p

If we want to, we can actually just put the bounty on the disguiser and have him claim charged the day after. If a lookout decides to watch him, the town may try to mislynch one of his visitors. Or if the nurse injected someone, their target could be offered up for lynching. If it results in a mislynch, people will probably doubt the lookout/nurse claim before they doubt the guy with a bounty on his head, and either direct investigations their way or use the jailor/vigilante to detain/kill them.

FM Ferengi
October 14th, 2012, 04:17 PM
Is the electromaniac's charge considered a "fire" attack for godfather immunities?

do death descriptions reveal the cause of death?

Nope. EM needs to buy invulnerability piercing to harm invulnerable targets.

Yup. Should be pretty easy to determine the culprit based off of death description.

FM Psyduck
October 14th, 2012, 04:19 PM
Thanks.

Whatever we do, I think we should employ some risky gambits because they're fun and very rewarding if they do pay off. If they backfire, it doesn't really matter. At the very least we can make it a memorable FM and renew the interest of the players somewhat/keep newcomers around.

FM Ferengi
October 14th, 2012, 04:27 PM
Thanks.

Whatever we do, I think we should employ some risky gambits because they're fun and very rewarding if they do pay off. If they backfire, it doesn't really matter. At the very least we can make it a memorable FM and renew the interest of the players somewhat/keep newcomers around.

No. You must crush the competition and completely obliterate them! SHOW NO MERCY STAFF MEMBERS!

FM Jigglypuff
October 14th, 2012, 06:23 PM
at which position is the deathstar activation in the OOO? Can i activate him the same night Skywanker dies?

FM Ferengi
October 14th, 2012, 06:33 PM
at which position is the deathstar activation in the OOO? Can i activate him the same night Skywanker dies?

It's the very first action of the night. So Skywalker must have been announced dead the day before you attempt to shoot the Death Star.

FM Jigglypuff
October 14th, 2012, 09:15 PM
WHY IS MY FORUM OUTLET PINK?

FM Jigglypuff
October 14th, 2012, 09:21 PM
Ok right now i count 5 of us. Please post your Night actions into this thread so we can discuss them if we want to. My guess is we will see some guys on our team get modkilled.

Respond nigs!

FM Ferengi
October 14th, 2012, 09:36 PM
WHY IS MY FORUM OUTLET PINK?

Cuz your jigglypuff of the puffy jigglys

FM Jigglypuff
October 14th, 2012, 09:49 PM
Cuz your jigglypuff of the puffy jigglys

I like how serious the host is in this FM. THIS GONNA BE SOOO GUD!...

FM Charizard
October 14th, 2012, 11:00 PM
What's my command? xD

-ventriloquist FM Pichu

FM Alakazam
October 15th, 2012, 01:52 AM
I TAKE NO ACTION NGINIG

FM Alakazam
October 15th, 2012, 01:52 AM
Who hasn't posted yet?

FM Charmander
October 15th, 2012, 04:06 AM
For the time being I'll set a kill action, I should be able to check back in before day though.
-kill FM Scyther
It's partially random but if you have a problem with it feel free to post. I pulled an all nighter so I'll literally be passing the fuck out the moment night ends.

FM Charmander
October 15th, 2012, 04:07 AM
oh right, -kill FM Scyther with FM Ditto
Might as well use the missing person for SOMETHING

FM Ferengi
October 15th, 2012, 05:35 AM
What's my command? xD

-ventriloquist FM Pichu

That'll work lol.

FM Psyduck
October 15th, 2012, 07:05 AM
Why use the framer to perform the kill when you can just command him to frame/unframe someone?

How about letting us submit his night action in our night chat, and the first of us who dies gets to take over his account if he doesn't show up before that time?

The godfather can control him, it's just that he wont be able to talk.....I certainly dont mind giving it to whoever dies, but in the meantime he is still required to post at least once. (That will just bring attention to him if he makes 1 post a day though >.>)

I say we use our framer (Ditto) to shield one of us from detection for now. Jigglypuff, Charizard and Squirtle are probably the roles we want to protect the most at this point. Squirtle is fairly low profile though and Charizard will stop Pichu from talking, so a lookout won't know what happened to Pichu. So I'd say Jigglypuff. He's vital for finding Luke and we want to use his mass roleblock ASAP.

What do you want to use as your fake claim, CmG? Investigator? If so, we probably shouldn't frame your detective result. And I say we set your lookout result to "nobody visited," so if anyone claims to have visited you and a lookout happens to watch you, there will be arguing between the lookout and the other visitors.

-send Alakazam to kill
-send Meowth (Cryptonic, we need to command him too) to clean the kill target
-send Squirtle (Fred, haven't seen him yet so you may want to direct him too) to rob the kill target

Cryptonic probably won't show either. Apparently he quit the forums, as Brendan said.

Also Scyther apparently didn't read the rules completely, could be a sign of someone who got a very simple, straightforward role. Just sayin'.

As for my action, I'll wait with dousing until night 1. For now I'll lure Haunter.

FM Psyduck
October 15th, 2012, 07:15 AM
Actually, using frame protection on Charizard wouldn't be so bad either. He might indeed get investigated now that I think about it.

Ventriloquist is in a really bad investigative pairing. If he can't give any detective/lookout results they will lynch him for being a possible disguiser. The only defense he has is using his puppet to "clear" him by confirming himself. Better invest pairing alternatives are:

Vigilante/Jailor/Bodyguard/Mafioso
Rebel/Actress/Framer/Student

FM Psyduck
October 15th, 2012, 07:58 AM
By the way, I volunteer for controlling Ditto in day chat if everyone agrees. I have enough time to post on 2 accounts and the framer has some nice synergy with the drug dealer in this game.

If one of us dies tonight, that person can use Ditto instead of me.

We might also need someone to control meowth...

FM Meowth
October 15th, 2012, 09:32 AM
sry, i was busy all weekend, was my bday

FM Meowth
October 15th, 2012, 09:44 AM
-mop up FM Scyther's blood.

FM Meowth
October 15th, 2012, 09:57 AM
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2714/4492340085_070336c878_z.jpg

FM Ferengi
October 15th, 2012, 10:27 AM
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2714/4492340085_070336c878_z.jpg

A+ you get night invulnerability.

FM Charizard
October 15th, 2012, 11:00 AM
I can use my Ventriloquist target to confirm my "detective" results rather easily. I'll just have to continue to use Pichu as my target to prevent him revealing me (unless we kill him). Once we kill Pichu, Janitor can clean his will to prevent any info from leaking.

FM Psyduck
October 15th, 2012, 11:24 AM
Ah yeah, that clean would indeed come in handy. There's a small chance he'll get lynched or killed by some other source though, and then a last will could prove dangerous. We should probably kill and clean him immediately after you use him to clear yourself, should it come to that.

Still, using the framer to kill when we can use the disguiser to do it (without using disguise) seems like a bad idea. We're basically just dropping a night action that way.

So Cryptonic, sticking around? Cool. I like your avatar by the way :p

FM Psyduck
October 15th, 2012, 11:34 AM
Is everyone alright with it if I control Ditto during the day?

Bout dat janitor:

If the target is killed, you may either erase all information of that target or forge a last will.

We can also choose to keep the kill target's role visible and submit an empty last will for night 0. That way a coroner may be more likely to check someone else. Thoughts?

FM Meowth
October 15th, 2012, 01:12 PM
idm you using Ditto.
and, I might stick around for forum mafia stuff.

And @not clearing role, it might be a good idea.
We really gotta hope that we find an investigative role with the consig before they out themselves. Then, we can frame someone with their 'results'. At any rate, it may be wise not to entirely clean roles right now. I'm down for clearing, but it may encourage Coroners to examine players that died from Mafia, but weren't cleaned.. Because, if we had a Janitor with unlimited usages, why wouldn't we use it each night?

FM Charizard
October 15th, 2012, 03:50 PM
This is true.

And that's a good point on the Framer; use Disguiser to do the night kill tonight, since he won't disguise yet. Use Framer to actually frame someone who is likely to be checked (preferably someone WIFOMing scum during Day 0).

FM Ferengi
October 15th, 2012, 05:13 PM
Night actions due in 48 minutes.

FM Charmander
October 15th, 2012, 05:22 PM
Right then
-kill fm Scyther with fm Alakazam[/c]
[b]-frame fm Blastoise
ANYONE WHINING WHEN THEY HAVEN'T SUBMITTED THEIR OWN OPINIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED A TRAITOR AND FIRED UPON

FM Charmander
October 15th, 2012, 05:25 PM
For FMGM and team's ease:

-kill fm Scyther with fm Alakazam
-clean fm Scyther
-frame fm Blastoise
-lure fm Haunter
-check fm Magicarp

Need to hear from the graverobber sometime T.T

FM Psyduck
October 15th, 2012, 05:44 PM
You can just use the graverobber's action too. You can overrule all of our actions.

The graverobber goes after the kill, so you can target Scyther with him as well.

FM Charmander
October 15th, 2012, 06:05 PM
I meant he needs to participate in ze team.

FM Charizard
October 15th, 2012, 06:43 PM
For FMGM and team's ease:

-kill fm Scyther with fm Alakazam
-clean fm Scyther
-frame fm Blastoise
-lure fm Haunter
-check fm Magicarp

Need to hear from the graverobber sometime T.T

And
-ventriloquist FM Pichu

FM Ferengi