PDA

View Full Version : Day I: A Rude Awakening

Pages : [1] 2 3

Elixir
July 31st, 2011, 12:31 AM
To call someone a ‘Zack’ in current day Cosenza is to call them overconfident; an adopted slang word from the events of the first night of the conflict. It would appear that the De Luca family underestimated their competition in Cosenza; placing too much faith in their massive criminal syndicate to provide them with support.

Zack’s kill was far from clean; bullets tore through Philie’s body well after the life had left their eyes; the bullets ringing out with a deafening echo.

The Romano family found this insulting. This was the caliber of criminals the ‘Ndrangheta organization had sent to oppose them? Such an ease to track! The Romano family knew what needed to be done and an agent was waiting for Zack upon his return home...

Most of the nobility awoke with great purpose the next day. After discovering the bodies of these two individuals, somewhere in the crowd the De Luca godfather cringed. He knew no help was coming, he knew that this was serious.

Despite a criminals death, the town was no less weary than yesterday; for in the town square lay the Mayor, killed in some heretic ritual with a pentagram carved into his flesh… It would appear that organized crime was not the town’s only problem.

The town lay silent for what seemed like an eternity… then finally… one spoke…

Day I

Cosenza
16th of August 1889; 8:42am
Day I will End at 2am Tuesday, 2nd August 2011 Pacific Daylight Time, or when a player is lynched. It will take 14 votes to lynch.

To lynch state vote "NAME"

Cosenza Nobility Population:
AscendedOne
Auckmid
Clawtrocity
Crimson
divemaster127
FalseTruth
Ganondorf
Goonswarm
Illidan
McPwnage
MileS
monster
MrSmarter
Narks
NorthStar
oops_ur_dead
Ozymandias
Procyon
Raiden
Rumpel
S.A.S.Cnl.Alpha
Severn
Spy
TheJackofSpades
vornksr
Yayap

Unknown Roles List:
Godfather[De Luca]
Consigliere[De Luca]
Mafioso[Romano]
Framer[Romano]
Hooker[Romano]
Serial Killer
Cult Leader
Jester
Executioner
Mason
Sheriff
Sheriff
Investigator
Investigator
Doctor
Gunsmith
Armorsmith
Citizen/Mason
Citizen
Citizen
Citizen
Citizen
Citizen
Citizen
Citizen
Citizen

Graveyard:
Cristina Szabo (Citizen) – Died Day 0 -15 August, 1889; 4:45PM – Hung Publically in the Town Square.
Philie (Citizen) – Died Night 1 -15 August, 1889; 11:45PM – Shot repeatedly in their home.
Zack (Mafioso[De Luca]) - Died Night 1 - 16 August, 1889; 2:31 AM – Two silent shots to the back of the skull.
Mayor Lucias (Mayor) - Died Night 1 - 16 August, 1889; ? ? ? AM – Found in the Town Square with a Pentagram carved into his chest.

No Last Wills were found

(Mayor's death is storyline only. It was not caused by player interaction)
(The Citizen/Mason is a tally of how many masons there COULD BE at this stage of the game assuming all recruits were successful)

FalseTruth
July 31st, 2011, 12:38 AM
Hello, men of Cosenza. The time has come to discuss who is evil, and who is good. We will need information from the best of the town. I suggest we make our roles known, so that we can become an informed majority.

AscendedOne
July 31st, 2011, 12:58 AM
I have a plan already false truth, to say my role now would ruin that plan. I don't plan to do anything that forum mafia has already seen. MWHAHAHHAHAH I CANT BE STOPPED.

Illidan
July 31st, 2011, 01:05 AM
Hello fellow Cosentini,
while I do think that the time to discuss has come, I don't think that we should reveal our roles the first day.

We still have four of our best people snooping around for clues, we should just let them gather more information before exposing them and their family to the dangerous people among us.

FalseTruth
July 31st, 2011, 01:07 AM
I just want the Claw situation again. When a townie reveals his role, no one trusts him...We HAVE to figure out some way to learn from our mistakes.

FalseTruth
July 31st, 2011, 01:08 AM
I just want the Claw situation again. When a townie reveals his role, no one trusts him...We HAVE to figure out some way to learn from our mistakes.

Don't want* lol

Ganondorf
July 31st, 2011, 01:27 AM
Why no sk kill?

Spy
July 31st, 2011, 01:27 AM
Let's grow a pear tree in the centre of this town. I am getting hungry. I have magical powers to make the tree grow fast; I just need a seed.

Raiden
July 31st, 2011, 01:39 AM
Apparently, the first night killers are cursed with some sort of misfortune. Again, 2 kills instead of the average 3. Town appreciates.

This time, it's the sk. I do not think he just went afk and disappeared, so he may either have been roleblocked or he has shot the GF/healed person. Much more unlikely, but still possible, he shot the cult leader while he was being recruited. With this happened, and 4 investigating roles + 1 mason, i expect some hard claims to be made today.

monster
July 31st, 2011, 01:43 AM
Hello town, it is nice to be alive, isn't it?

We got and insanely good town start - only 2 kills(3 expected) and they were a mafia and a philie...,errr a citizen. If I understand the death descriptions the serial killer didn't kill tonight - no stabs,knives, etc.
So someone was healed, SK targeted the GF or SK was afk. So if someone was healed feel free to share with the town or lie about it. :)

In other news - Plato is still alive, which as we know is always good for the town. I see he has already started caring for the plant life in town - well someone has to.

AscendedOne
July 31st, 2011, 02:39 AM
I have a plan already false truth, to say my role now would ruin that plan. I don't plan to do anything that forum mafia has already seen. MWHAHAHHAHAH I CANT BE STOPPED.

Look to my coming, on the first light of the third day. Look to the east.
Lord of the Rings - The Two Towers - Look at to the east (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrXqQjJPcqQ#noexternalembed-ws)

I will make a world shattering role claim.

AscendedOne
July 31st, 2011, 02:43 AM
4th day*

AscendedOne
July 31st, 2011, 02:44 AM
I forgot this is day 1......

AscendedOne
July 31st, 2011, 02:51 AM
Oh right it is the third day.... whatever

vornksr
July 31st, 2011, 03:02 AM
Hello, fellow citizens of Cosenza. I agree that we should learn from the last game, and I think there are two main lessons to be gathered: (1) the town is hurt by its members' silence, and (2) sometimes it does make sense for one to tell the truth, even boldly.

To be honest, despite the generosity fate has shown us this night, I fear that the greatest evil is one that we cannot so luckily escape: the Cult of Ridda. I'm not terrified of a deranged serial killer or of violent mafia families; I worry about an evil that progresses invisibly and that destroyed our sister town. What can be done against a force such as that?

I ask you.

Rumpel1408
July 31st, 2011, 03:04 AM
Oh well I'm still alive, some good EU-players however are not, I hope they wern't killed for beeing EU, would make my chance to survive this realy small...

However, I don't like role calls this early, but to avoid a Claw-move from me: I am NOT an important town role :p

AscendedOne
July 31st, 2011, 03:23 AM
Hello, fellow citizens of Cosenza. I agree that we should learn from the last game, and I think there are two main lessons to be gathered: (1) the town is hurt by its members' silence, and (2) sometimes it does make sense for one to tell the truth, even boldly.

To be honest, despite the generosity fate has shown us this night, I fear that the greatest evil is one that we cannot so luckily escape: the Cult of Ridda. I'm not terrified of a deranged serial killer or of violent mafia families; I worry about an evil that progresses invisibly and that destroyed our sister town. What can be done against a force such as that?

I ask you.

Not a single cultist was killed in our sister town. The cult of Ridda has shown here today they arent afraid to do that. We must start killing cultists as they show up. As well as realize when a false claim is for the better.

AscendedOne
July 31st, 2011, 03:24 AM
Oh and elixir, why does the setup look almost EXTACTLY like the previous one? Mix it up a lil man.

Spy
July 31st, 2011, 03:27 AM
Last time the Cultists won, the town became peaceful.

What exactly do we want for this town?

Now that is the question we have to serious consider. Let's stop being so selfish for one second, and just open our hearts and answer this question.

Spy
July 31st, 2011, 03:27 AM

What exactly do we want for this town?

Now that is the question we have to serious consider. Let's stop being so selfish for one second, and just open our hearts and answer it.

vornksr
July 31st, 2011, 03:29 AM
The town, too, could have peace as Zack and Philie do, if we so wished. Surely we must aspire to loftier things.

Spy
July 31st, 2011, 03:29 AM
For me, I want this town to be good. I don't mind if I die or lose this game, I just want everything and everyone to be well and happy. Most of all, I want everyone to be good.

vornksr
July 31st, 2011, 03:33 AM
Ah, but what truly is it to be good? Can all be good, do you believe, or only some?

Spy
July 31st, 2011, 03:39 AM
I believe all have good in them.

AscendedOne
July 31st, 2011, 03:40 AM
Ah, but what truly is it to be good? Can all be good, do you believe, or only some?

Hes a freakin philosopher, do you really think you can beat him at his own game?

AscendedOne
July 31st, 2011, 03:43 AM

Last time the cultists were peaceful..... They have opened this engagement with a horrifying act, they must be cleansed in purifiying fire.

vornksr
July 31st, 2011, 03:48 AM
Hes a freakin philosopher, do you really think you can beat him at his own game?

Perhaps I cannot. Still, for now I believe Wittgenstein has better responses to such questions than does Plato.

As a point of procedure, though, am I talking too much?

oops_ur_dead
July 31st, 2011, 03:48 AM
No leads?
If not, then let's not lynch anyone today, as usual.
I'm going to be away today so don't nail me for being quiet.

Raiden
July 31st, 2011, 04:13 AM
I won't let the trolls dominate our day forum once again.

AscendedOne, your pseudospam and platowagoning activity won't do any good for you. If you have important info, please share them with us.

Spy performing as a cult-friendly player suggests that he's probably not a power role, or perhaps mafia. That kind of behavior looks like mason bait to me, whether for the good or evil, i don't know.

monster
July 31st, 2011, 04:32 AM
I propose we play as if there is a mandatory lynch rule and have a lynch today - it is not even going to be that random - the biggest lurker gets lynched.(probably the second to last to avoid the jester xD)

We need to send a message to them lurkers - you are either with the town or against us. LURKING = BAD, and everyone who says differently needs to be disposed of quickly. I really prefer lynching a lurker to blindly following some jester-sheriff or executioner accusing someone of being a detected mafia the first day.

So we will make a simple list with the most obvious lurkers 12 hours before the end of Day1 to give them a chance to explain themselves and then one of them gets the axe. Obviously if all 26 players participate in the daily talking no lists will be made, but I doubt that.

The point of all this is to get the bad guys out of their comfort zone -as you know a lurking mafia is a happy mafia - we need to change that. Also the game will be more fun overall if we have more people actively playing.

So let me know if there is any support for my simple proposition.

Also - the killers hate EU players - so they are probably EU players themselves.

AscendedOne
July 31st, 2011, 04:35 AM
I won't let the trolls dominate our day forum once again.

AscendedOne, your pseudospam and platowagoning activity won't do any good for you. If you have important info, please share them with us.

Spy performing as a cult-friendly player suggests that he's probably not a power role, or perhaps mafia. That kind of behavior looks like mason bait to me, whether for the good or evil, i don't know.

All in due time my friend. It is not trying to say I have any information whatsoever, it is a statement that will lead to a an incredible act. You will not see it coming. Theres no telling what could happen because of it. Assuming my plan isn't foiled beforehand.

Raiden
July 31st, 2011, 05:00 AM
I propose we play as if there is a mandatory lynch rule and have a lynch today - it is not even going to be that random - the biggest lurker gets lynched.(probably the second to last to avoid the jester xD)

We need to send a message to them lurkers - you are either with the town or against us. LURKING = BAD, and everyone who says differently needs to be disposed of quickly. I really prefer lynching a lurker to blindly following some jester-sheriff or executioner accusing someone of being a detected mafia the first day.

So we will make a simple list with the most obvious lurkers 12 hours before the end of Day1 to give them a chance to explain themselves and then one of them gets the axe. Obviously if all 26 players participate in the daily talking no lists will be made, but I doubt that.

The point of all this is to get the bad guys out of their comfort zone -as you know a lurking mafia is a happy mafia - we need to change that. Also the game will be more fun overall if we have more people actively playing.

So let me know if there is any support for my simple proposition.

Also - the killers hate EU players - so they are probably EU players themselves.

I... partially agree with this, however the most probable outcome is that we lynch an afk citizen and encourage even more trolling from the bad guys. If you look at the previous game, nearly all the bad guys were trolling heavily since day 1 (including myself as a jester). That is also why i am being so blunt with everyone as of now.

Yayap
July 31st, 2011, 06:59 AM
Well, I have a plan:
have two (2) citizens reveal themselves so that the sheriff investigates one and both investigators check other. With only one (1) framer, he can't frame both. That way, no power roles get revealed to mafia, sk or cult. And if they want to kill off the informant, town won't loose any power roles.

Once a detecting role gets an innocent, PM that player and then said player tells town that the sheriff or the investigator cleared him.. (if no one cleared him then sheriff or investigator should speek up and lynch that player) and then and only then should the other power roles reveal to that player with any info that would help. That player should keep a role list of who checked in and if 2 people claim same role, we know that one of them is evil.

If the investigations turn up guilty, then no one should PM. And you should have 1 evil role to lynch the next day.

On a side note, Masons should wait until he is a confirmed cit before converting just in case an evil role does try to slip in. No need to loose an important role this early. (and please name all failed conversions and reasons in your last wills - we don't need another claw situation)

I for my part am a cit. I volunteer to be searched by the sheriff. I don't feel like being powerless this game as my role says.

As for today, it's pretty random unless someone messes up or sheriff/investigators have info. I say we should wait until day 2 to start the lynching.

Feel free to comment on my plan.

TheJackofSpades
July 31st, 2011, 07:17 AM
Well, I have a plan:
have two (2) citizens reveal themselves so that the sheriff investigates one and both investigators check other. With only one (1) framer, he can't frame both. That way, no power roles get revealed to mafia, sk or cult. And if they want to kill off the informant, town won't loose any power roles.

Once a detecting role gets an innocent, PM that player and then said player tells town that the sheriff or the investigator cleared him.. (if no one cleared him then sheriff or investigator should speek up and lynch that player) and then and only then should the other power roles reveal to that player with any info that would help. That player should keep a role list of who checked in and if 2 people claim same role, we know that one of them is evil.

If the investigations turn up guilty, then no one should PM. And you should have 1 evil role to lynch the next day.

On a side note, Masons should wait until he is a confirmed cit before converting just in case an evil role does try to slip in. No need to loose an important role this early. (and please name all failed conversions and reasons in your last wills - we don't need another claw situation)

I for my part am a cit. I volunteer to be searched by the sheriff. I don't feel like being powerless this game as my role says.

As for today, it's pretty random unless someone messes up or sheriff/investigators have info. I say we should wait until day 2 to start the lynching.

Feel free to comment on my plan.

Before I touch on this, let me first apologize. I fell asleep during Ret vs MMA last night during the MLGs and just woke up.

Anyway, this won't work at least from the investigators perspective for a plethora of reasons. PMing can't be used period, investigators have a 50% of detecting a role as citizen, so there's a rather large margin for your plan to fall apart at a laughable rate. Sheriffs can only detect mafia, so you'll never find cult or the SK by doing this.

Rumpel1408
July 31st, 2011, 07:21 AM
I think PM aren't enabled for Gameplay, or soon the dead will rise up and kill the livings...

Yayap
July 31st, 2011, 07:22 AM
(re-reads the hard rule) ok, my bad. must think of a new plan then with no whispering.

Illidan
July 31st, 2011, 07:31 AM
@Monster: as someone already said, you'll probably end up hanging an afk citizen or the jester.

@Yayap: I really don't get your plan...

You are telling us that 2 citizen should claim their role, and waste 1 night worth of investigations on them?

Either i don't get something or this is a really terrible idea, imho.

Rumpel1408
July 31st, 2011, 07:45 AM
Oh and btw, is claiming someone is NOT an important town role considered trolling?

MileS
July 31st, 2011, 07:48 AM
Yayap, I can't help to notice that you're not volunteering to be investigated, but that you're volunteering to be investigated by the sheriff specifically. Why is that?

Yayap
July 31st, 2011, 07:51 AM
well in my plan, I would need the investigators to check the other, I don't mind them checking me as long as not everyone checked the same person... witch is why I specified. If the investigators check me tonight, I have nothing against it since my plan seems to have holes in it anyways.

Spy
July 31st, 2011, 08:02 AM
Witch is why I specified. Nice.

Yayap
July 31st, 2011, 08:08 AM
lol... typo

(checks role list) good no witch in this game. lol

monster
July 31st, 2011, 08:10 AM
Of course, we will probably end up lynching a citizen if we go with my plan - THAT'S NOT THE POINT. The point is to put pressure on the lurkers and get people posting more and have some sort of discussion. The point is that a lurking townie is playing as anti-town as you can possibly play.

You see how the length of the day is 48 hours and not 48 seconds - maybe you are meant to do something with that time? The "no clues = no lynch" policy doesn't really apply to forum mafia. For reference if you don't believe me - Forum Mafia 1 - by the time there were some clues from a sheriff the town had already lost.

If you don't understand what I am saying that then what the fuck are you doing playing mafia?

Spy
July 31st, 2011, 08:14 AM
Why do you play Mafia, monster?

TheJackofSpades
July 31st, 2011, 08:15 AM
The situation isn't quite the same this time around. An early blood on a mafia is a good sign that this game won't be quite the rofflestomp against the town that the last one is. That isn't to say I won't vote if asked, but you're gonna have to use that 48 hours, as you said, to actually formulate a decent argument.

Also, @Yayap

The hard rule is that absolutely NO gameplay discussion of this forum mafia game may be done for ANY reason at all with ANYONE outside of this subforum. Violators will be kicked out of the game without warning.
I'd be really careful man, I have a feeling you're going to be treading on thin ice quite quickly soon.

Illidan
July 31st, 2011, 08:18 AM
Of course, we will probably end up lynching a citizen if we go with my plan - THAT'S NOT THE POINT. The point is to put pressure on the lurkers and get people posting more and have some sort of discussion. The point is that a lurking townie is playing as anti-town as you can possibly play.

You see how the length of the day is 48 hours and not 48 seconds - maybe you are meant to do something with that time? The "no clues = no lynch" policy doesn't really apply to forum mafia. For reference if you don't believe me - Forum Mafia 1 - by the time there were some clues from a sheriff the town had already lost.

If you don't understand what I am saying that then what the fuck are you doing playing mafia?

I'm not saying that we should cluelessy stare at eachother eyes the whole game, I'm just saying that the first day seems a bit too early to start this kind of thing.

By any means I'm ok to go with it on the Day 2, if we still have no clues and lurkers.

Yayap
July 31st, 2011, 08:19 AM
Read post above, I saw my error. So use to other forums.

monster
July 31st, 2011, 08:22 AM
Why do you play Mafia, monster?

I maybe play this game cos it is essentially a brain-teaser, and I like that sort of complex puzzle games.

LOL NO, J/K

I PLAY THIS GAME COS PLATO IS PLAYING IT. (I heard plato is kewl)

Spy
July 31st, 2011, 08:25 AM
Life is a brain-teaser.

MileS
July 31st, 2011, 08:26 AM
If someone is seriously 100% lurking (like the one guy who never posted last game) what exactly are we losing from lynching them? Even if they're town, if they're not posting they're not helping us. I don't have a problem with monster's plan.

Spy
July 31st, 2011, 08:28 AM
Then do whatever you want. Random lynching is a good strategy for a minority party like Mafia or Neutral roles.

MileS
July 31st, 2011, 08:34 AM
There is no random part of his plan whatsoever, not to mention there is no such thing as a random lynch.

vornksr
July 31st, 2011, 08:41 AM
The situation isn't quite the same this time around. An early blood on a mafia is a good sign that this game won't be quite the rofflestomp against the town that the last one is.

I don't mean to sound like an alarmist, but early mafia blood really does not mean that the cult (who won the last game, as you know) has been hindered at all. For the record, I agree with monster: lurking is anti-town activity. The only problem is that we might have afkers... I'm not sure I'd want to implement his policy starting today, but I might be willing to starting tomorrow.

And for the record, I wasn't intending to troll earlier. I was hoping to get some information out of Plato.

S.A.S.Cnl.Alpha
July 31st, 2011, 08:43 AM
MileS, mrzwach didn't even visit the forum within the like, fuckin' year. All he did was sign up. Also I liked our game last time, shame we ended up losing.

Spy
July 31st, 2011, 08:44 AM
There is no random part of his plan whatsoever, not to mention there is no such thing as a random lynch.

random.org

Yayap
July 31st, 2011, 08:45 AM
so the standing count is: 26 living people
5 Mafia, 1 sk, 1 Exec, 1 Jester, 1 Cult leader+(1) = 9 or (10) evil roles (depending on if the cult recruited a town role or not)
8 power town roles + 9 Citz = 17 Town roles (16 if cult got one)
I'm going to assume that masons did not successfully random convert a cit in the count.

a random lynch would give us roughly a:
1/3 chance of hitting evil.
1/3 chance of hitting town power role.
1/3 chance of hitting a citz.

This does not count for the other mafia players, cult and sheriffs investigators defending someone.

Assuming that everything goes wrong for town tonight and all town get targeted, tomorrow we'll have:
2 mafia kills, 1 sk kill, 1 cult convert and possibly even loose a mason = possible 5 less for town.

personally, I think this town needs to start lynching soon... either today or tomorrow. We can't sit back like the last game.

Spy
July 31st, 2011, 08:47 AM
Do not attach the word evil to Mafia or Cult. Town could be evil.

Yayap
July 31st, 2011, 08:49 AM
Fine I agree... the mayor was very evil to have Cristina Szabo hung.

MileS
July 31st, 2011, 08:53 AM
MileS, mrzwach didn't even visit the forum within the like, fuckin' year. All he did was sign up. Also I liked our game last time, shame we ended up losing.

I know, so what was he adding to the town by not visiting the forum?

Also, even a vote generated by random.org generates the question of why someone randomed a vote instead of picking someone, or if the vote was even made by random.org at all.

Spy
July 31st, 2011, 08:55 AM
Fine I agree... the mayor was very evil to have Cristina Szabo hung.
She was my good friend. I miss her a lot. She told me to avenge her.

Yayap
July 31st, 2011, 08:56 AM
The only way I would trust a random.org lynch was if Elixir did it himself, which I do not believe is possible.
All other claims to be a random.org lynch is not good enough for me: mafia would exclude themselves and so could cult.

vornksr
July 31st, 2011, 08:58 AM
Why are we discussing a random lynch anyways? It's not what's on the table...

Spy
July 31st, 2011, 09:03 AM
The only way I would trust a random.org lynch was if Elixir did it himself, which I do not believe is possible.
All other claims to be a random.org lynch is not good enough for me: mafia would exclude themselves and so could cult.
The fact that you trust Elixir more than me suggests that you and Elixir are mafia.

Spy
July 31st, 2011, 09:04 AM
But that is not possible is it, since Elixir only has one account on this forum, or am I wrong about this?

vornksr
July 31st, 2011, 09:04 AM
By the way, I was thinking about AscendedOne... Who says nothing meaningful for the first couple days and then makes a (purportedly) earth-shattering role claim on the third? In sc2 mafia, that's executioner behavior, basically.

Spy
July 31st, 2011, 09:05 AM
vote Yayap

Yayap
July 31st, 2011, 09:06 AM
The fact that you trust Elixir more than me suggests that you and Elixir are mafia.

Just one hole in your philosophy: Elixir is not a player... he is the GM!

(keep a rolling tally of the lynches to make the job easier)

Votes:

Yayap:1 (Spy)

MileS
July 31st, 2011, 09:08 AM
By the way, I was thinking about AscendedOne... Who says nothing meaningful for the first couple days and then makes a (purportedly) earth-shattering role claim on the third? In sc2 mafia, that's executioner behavior, basically.

I'd say it really could be any investigative role if they were waiting for their first useful result to reveal.

However, the fact that AscendedOne is planning his reveal in advance is pretty odd.

Rumpel1408
July 31st, 2011, 09:18 AM

Wait a sec, are you kind of time-traveler or something, cause I don't know what AscendedOne will do on Day 3, I don't even know if he will survive till day 3, even then, and now I'm realy trolling, what if hes realy town and knows something^^

A way to get a random lynch could be to let 3 players randomize a player and let a forth player randomize whom of these 3 town should kill

vornksr
July 31st, 2011, 09:23 AM
Clever, but the flaw lies in the 4th player: if he's mafia, he will still silently veto any mafia member from the 3. So the process has a higher chance of killing a townie than a mafia (higher, that is, than the already high chance involved in pure randoming).

(Btw, for an explanation of what I was saying, see Ascended's posts on the first page... it's what he claims he's going to do.)

vornksr
July 31st, 2011, 09:27 AM
Perhaps a way to safely generate the fourth is this:

Player A randomly picks Player B; B > C; C > D. Let D be the fourth player. There aren't enough mafia in one family to keep that loop within themselves, so they would definitely have to get (a little bit) lucky to get the veto power.

Of course, this is all hypothetical, since we aren't trying to random lynch at the moment...

Rumpel1408
July 31st, 2011, 09:32 AM
In case ur picking up on my method, the random number from 1 to 26 i got is 19 which is Raiden... if we consider Spy to be also very random we already got 2... the player to choose who should be lynched should be randomized as well... best would be if the one who randomizes the one who randomizes who to lynch is randomized as well, or is chooses through majority vote by the three people who are about to be lynched...

or we took 2 people and look the worth of the Dollar at NY stockexchange now and whe stockexchange opens/close again, if its worth more then now we lynch person a, if its worth less we lynch person b, and to be fair we let person a choose who person b is going to be, so that if mafia like to kill a townie the townie get the chance to get a mafia on trial as well

AscendedOne
July 31st, 2011, 09:35 AM

Could be..... /evil laugh

monster
July 31st, 2011, 10:43 AM

If town is evil then playing against the evil town is good. Therefore if you want to be a good player you need to be as anti-town as possible.

AscendedOne
July 31st, 2011, 10:50 AM
I'd say it really could be any investigative role if they were waiting for their first useful result to reveal.

However, the fact that AscendedOne is planning his reveal in advance is pretty odd.

Lets not draw any further attention to it intill we hit the big day, shall we?

divemaster127
July 31st, 2011, 10:55 AM
lets just kill the mafia and let masons mason

also can we pm?

Rumpel1408
July 31st, 2011, 11:01 AM

If town is evil then playing against the evil town is good. Therefore if you want to be a good player you need to be as anti-town as possible.

But if you are evil to a good town whether you know this or not, doesn' make this you evil as well? So this would end up in everyone being evil to everyone, even if someone is not evil, vicious circle of evilness eh...

And no we can't PM

Spy
July 31st, 2011, 11:01 AM
Only if the PM's include dirty pictures of you.

Spy
July 31st, 2011, 11:03 AM

But if you are evil to a good town whether you know this or not, doesn' make this you evil as well? So this would end up in everyone being evil to everyone, even if someone is not evil, vicious circle of evilness eh...

And no we can't PM

Which is why we should just not kill anyone in this game! Be good to all, everyone!

monster
July 31st, 2011, 11:09 AM
also can we pm?

Game rules say that you can always pm Plato - tell him about your inner thoughts and your personal struggles and he will provide you with useful insight on life and clever comments. He also has maphacks.

divemaster127
July 31st, 2011, 11:17 AM
to bad maphacks wont work here

Raiden
July 31st, 2011, 11:22 AM
A lot has been said since my last post. There are a bunch of people who are supporting random lynch, and some others that support investigation waste. I am now wondering who or what has brought this ill mentality to my fellow citizens... although not everyone has spoken yet. I hope to hear some wiser opinions in the next hours, so that we can exact something positive from this day. Even i might have something to add, we'll see.

McJesus
July 31st, 2011, 11:25 AM
Ok my thoughts:

@spy We can't have people going around being cult sympathizers saying "recruit me, recruit me" like last game. This is directed at spy, however this leads me to believe he is probably just a citizen wanting to feel important. I could be wrong, reserve judgement on this one.

@monster I am always suspicous of the guy who says WE MUST LYNCH RANDOMLY! and right now that is monster. I noted last game that most of the villians were actually very talkative in the day chats which says a lot.

@yapyap As for yapyaps plan I am a bit leery of this and don't really follow the logic behind it. Mafia can put themselves in the citizens list cause the framer half clears one of them. Not to mention if they know who is going to be cleared as town than That could be who the mafia goes after to kill since there is no suspicion of them.

Also your post on 1/3 1/3 1/3 makes me more optimistic towards random lynching. However it shouldn't be completly random as we all need our suspcions to go on. Right now I am open to lynching monster as I find his puting pressure on the afkers suspicous when he said "we will probably end up lynching a citizen" but that is open to change.

vornksr
July 31st, 2011, 11:28 AM
Aside from speculating about possible mechanics, I don't think anyone is proposing random lynching. The only lynch proposal has been to lynch lurkers, which is not random (and which you had said you partially supported). Rumpel's post at 12:32 was a bit weird, though, as if he really did want to random lynch.

I don't see anyone encouraging investigation waste, though. (There was Yayap's proposal, which would have been interesting if pm's were allowed. But obviously that won't work.)

Short of a power-role town feeding us some useful info, I'm not sure what else we can do besides discuss mechanics and policies. I don't support lynching monster, though: he's proposing something that I think makes sense for a townie to propose.

monster
July 31st, 2011, 11:56 AM
The key word in my plan is LURKER, and not RANDOM. Go back and reread with that in mind. I explicitly mention that if all players participate no lynching would be needed. I'm starting to wonder if you people even read the whole posts?

@McPwnage

Right now I am open to lynching monster as I find his puting pressure on the afkers suspicous when he said "we will probably end up lynching a citizen" but that is open to change.

So you admit you are mafia member or jester? No other options if you think lurking players should be left alone to their lurking and publicly state so. Obviously if there are 9/26 citizens - the highest probability is to hit a citizen role - YOU DO KNOW WHAT PROBABILITY IS?

vornksr
July 31st, 2011, 11:59 AM
No need to get worked up. People just think that "random lynch" means lynching without evidence from an investigative role... They're merely too used to the sc2 way of thinking, where days aren't long enough to find other reasons to lynch.

Narks
July 31st, 2011, 12:03 PM
i am sheriff, procyon is mafia

stop inviting me to this game you assholes

Narks
July 31st, 2011, 12:05 PM
watch him rage at me over msn

lynch procyon

AscendedOne
July 31st, 2011, 12:07 PM
vote Yayap

Wheres the love spy.... wheres the love....?

Rumpel1408
July 31st, 2011, 12:13 PM
I didn't made up my mind yet, about whether or not we let a day pass without lynch, from that im only thinking about the most random way to lynch someone without giving the mafia the chance to manipulate the vote. there should be some rules even the mafia need to stick on...

I only randomed Raiden cause I wanted to make clear how i thought to randomise someone

monster
July 31st, 2011, 12:18 PM
@vornksr
I really don't want to get into conflict with anyone this early, but the fact is I get a little annoyed that I have to write posts in which I'm explaining to some people how lurking is always, 100%, definitely, unquestionably bad for the town. I don't understand how someone signs up for a forum mafia game and has no clue about the most basic gameplay concepts.

Also apparently as I am writing this - Narks has claimed sheriff and accused procyon, this should be interesting. :) Expecting to hear from procyon soon. I won't be posting more today, since I'm going to bed.

Spy
July 31st, 2011, 12:36 PM
vote Yayap

Wheres the love spy.... wheres the love....?
It was my way of showing my love for Yayap. I thought you knew.

Crimson
July 31st, 2011, 01:01 PM
Hello, fellow citizens.

After an Investigation of MrSmarter, as I am the Sheriff, I have found evidence that, the man MrSmarter, is part of the Mafia.

vote MrSmarter

divemaster127
July 31st, 2011, 01:08 PM
so both sheriffs already claim?

Auckmid
July 31st, 2011, 01:20 PM
so the standing count is: 26 living people
5 Mafia, 1 sk, 1 Exec, 1 Jester, 1 Cult leader+(1) = 9 or (10) evil roles (depending on if the cult recruited a town role or not)
8 power town roles + 9 Citz = 17 Town roles (16 if cult got one)
I'm going to assume that masons did not successfully random convert a cit in the count.

a random lynch would give us roughly a:
1/3 chance of hitting evil.
1/3 chance of hitting town power role.
1/3 chance of hitting a citz.

This does not count for the other mafia players, cult and sheriffs investigators defending someone.

Assuming that everything goes wrong for town tonight and all town get targeted, tomorrow we'll have:
2 mafia kills, 1 sk kill, 1 cult convert and possibly even loose a mason = possible 5 less for town.

personally, I think this town needs to start lynching soon... either today or tomorrow. We can't sit back like the last game.

Mislynches do happen. It's part of the game. However, if we are about to lynch a town PR, they can alway's claim, and we can rethink thing's. Citizen's may very well end up being casuaty's of mislynches, but it is incredibly important that we attempt to get the bad guy's in the early going thorough lynchs. If we don't, the Cult size will spiral out of control, and once again, the Cult will win.

Crimson claims Investigator. He say's that he has evidence against MrSmarter. First of all, does any one else claim to be the Investigator? Second, what is MrSmarter's exact role, Crimson?

divemaster127
July 31st, 2011, 01:21 PM
Auckmid both narks and crimson claim sheriff

divemaster127
July 31st, 2011, 01:24 PM
personally i think one of them is lying cause they cant both possibly find mafia day 1

Illidan
July 31st, 2011, 01:25 PM
2 sheriff claims that got mafia night1? Things are starting to get interesting.

I'll wait to hear from both the accused people before casting my vote.

Goonswarm
July 31st, 2011, 01:27 PM
Hello, fellow citizens.

After an Investigation of MrSmarter, as I am the Sheriff, I have found evidence that, the man MrSmarter, is part of the Mafia.

vote MrSmarter

Aukmid is a liar, I am the sheriff and I can confirm that Crimson is not mafia. I Checked him night one and he came back innocent.

That makes Crimson an investigator. I am positive that crimson is town at this point and he has my vote.
Vote MrSmarter

Goonswarm
July 31st, 2011, 01:28 PM
Actually I am not saying that Aukmid is a liar but I can confirm that Crimson is not mafia as he was checked by myself Night 1.

Ganondorf
July 31st, 2011, 01:30 PM
My thoughts...
1) 2 people are claiming sheriff and claiming that, on night 1, they found two mafia members out of the 5 remaining. This is highly unlikely and I'm willing to bet that one of them is either a jester or a noob executioner.
2) The lurker lynch idea is a decent one and I'd be on board for it. However, I would just like to point out that people do live actual lives and may not be able to post for as long as 16 hours, so do be careful in deciding who is a lurker. Personally, I can only check in during an 8 hour period each day. Also, isn't the doctor supposed to lay low?

Spy
July 31st, 2011, 01:31 PM
vote MrSmarter

divemaster127
July 31st, 2011, 01:32 PM
ok so goonswarm crimson and aukmid all claim sheriff. also question does invest detect exact role?

Ganondorf
July 31st, 2011, 01:34 PM
50% chance investigator detects exact role... Other 50% investigator sees citizen

divemaster127
July 31st, 2011, 01:37 PM
vote mrsmarter

vornksr
July 31st, 2011, 01:43 PM
Again, to make this clear:

Narks, Crimson, and Goon all claimed sheriff (in that order). Most importantly, Crimson did not claim investigator. He said he investigated MrSmarter.

So at least one of the three is lying. I think the best way to test this is to lynch MrSmarter: if he is mafia, Crimson is sheriff for sure and Goon probably is. If MrSmarter is inno, Crimson is definitely not sheriff, and Goon probably isn't.

However, I'm going to wait to hear from the accused before voting.

MileS
July 31st, 2011, 01:45 PM
Vote Crimson.

I am an investigator and MrSmarter is not mafia. Crimson is probably executioner, or Crimson and Goonswarm on a mafia team. I think it's rather suspicious that Goon felt the need to assert that Crimson is town when no one was doubting his claim.

vornksr
July 31st, 2011, 01:46 PM
MileS, you investigated MrSmarter and got a non-citizen read from him?

MileS
July 31st, 2011, 01:48 PM
Yes.

Also, I believe Narks' claim. Not sure if I think Crimson is exec or Mafia with Goon, so Goon could be the other sheriff or there's another one out there.

Ganondorf
July 31st, 2011, 01:49 PM
What is mrsmarter then?

MileS
July 31st, 2011, 01:50 PM
I see no reason to reveal his role. He's town, I can assure you of that.

Crimson
July 31st, 2011, 01:51 PM
Vote Crimson.

I am an investigator and MrSmarter is not mafia. Crimson is probably executioner, or Crimson and Goonswarm on a mafia team. I think it's rather suspicious that Goon felt the need to assert that Crimson is town when no one was doubting his claim.

I believe you are on the same mafia team as MrSmarter(who has yet to defend himself), so you are defending him.

I will be checking you out tonight as well. Any REAL investigator want to check me or MrSmarter, go ahead and do so. No reason to rush, we have all the time in the world. I do prefer to lynch this mafia sooner than later, though.

Spy
July 31st, 2011, 01:52 PM
What a coincidence that you both checked/want to execute MrSmarter.

Ganondorf
July 31st, 2011, 01:53 PM
If you don't we have reason to suspect you... There's already plenty of power roles revealed (including yourself) and I WANT PROOF!

vornksr
July 31st, 2011, 01:54 PM
Crimson, there is of course a reason to rush: the longer town delays, the more of us end up dead.

MileS, I can understand why you wouldn't want to reveal his role. But what you've said already amounts to claiming that he's a town power role--the question is merely which one. The disadvantage to revealing would be that it gives the scum more info to work from; the advantage would be that it allows town to verify what you say by asking for counterclaims. It's your judgment call; I just wanted to be sure you knew the pros & cons...

vornksr
July 31st, 2011, 01:56 PM
Also, MileS, on what basis do you believe Narks?

Ganondorf
July 31st, 2011, 01:58 PM
OK so it's cone down to this: if you believe Goon you also believe Crimson.., if you believe Miles you also believe MrSmarter... I say we lynch one of them so we can see who's lying. My only worry is that there are jesters and executioners involved...

MileS
July 31st, 2011, 02:03 PM
I'm not going to reveal his role unless I feel that there's a high chance that he gets lynched.

I believe Narks because I think his investigation target makes sense based on last game, and I think there's a chance that Crimson is the Executioner. The combination of those factors leads me to think that Narks' claim is true.

vornksr
July 31st, 2011, 02:04 PM
Ok, I read over this thread again, and it's given me a little more confidence that my gut response was right:

I believe MileS is indeed investigator. I think it's odd that both he and Crimson targeted MrSmarter, though. Do those three have relationships that predate this game?

My guess is that Crimson is the executioner, and Goon is jester trying to make himself look suspicious. Third sheriff claim looks bad in itself; the fact that he's saying Crimson is not suspicious is even worse... it's not conclusive evidence that a real sheriff should have revealed for. (B/c it couldn't exclude exe/jester/etc.)

I'd love to hear from Procyon and MrSmarter, though.

McJesus
July 31st, 2011, 02:07 PM
50% chance investigator detects exact role... Other 50% investigator sees citizen

Yeah this is stupid in my opinion, Elixir should fix this to just have investigator be 100% accurate.

Anyways since it is the best thing we have Vote MrSmarter

MileS
July 31st, 2011, 02:08 PM
Sorry, my explanation didn't really make sense. Crimson potentially being the executioner lowers the chances that Narks is the executioner, and I see no real reason to doubt Narks' claim.

Elixir
July 31st, 2011, 02:09 PM
Vote tally:

Procyon 1 (narks)
Crimson 1 (miles)
Mrsmarter 5 (crimson Goonswarm divermaster spy ganondorf)

Please keep in mind if a person receives 14 votes at any stage it will not matter if a vote is cancelled before I return.

vornksr
July 31st, 2011, 02:11 PM
Can I suggest instead that we lynch Procyon? Since there's a claim that MrSmater is a power town, he might be bad to lose. However, we know nothing about Procyon so far, so he might be better to sacrifice.

If Narks is telling the truth, then either Goon or Crimson isn't a sheriff--it strongly hurts their claims. If Narks is lying, it at least adds some credence to Crimson/Goon's claims. (It also shows that MileS's reasoning in trusting Narks is flawed.)

Ganondorf
July 31st, 2011, 02:12 PM
Honestly, I think that vornskr's explanation makes sense. The one thing that I don't agree with is how credible Narks is. I really don't know what to think of Narks right now, and I'd like to move on from that for the time being. Instead, based on the logic of vornskr, I am contemplating lynching Crimson to see what he is... I'll wait before voting, though.

MileS
July 31st, 2011, 02:14 PM
I'm okay with lynching Procyon. I would like to hear from him first though.

Vote: Procyon. I'll unvote if he's in danger of getting lynched before we hear from him.

vornksr
July 31st, 2011, 02:16 PM
Ganon, MileS's reasoning in favor of Narks is this: in the last game of forum mafia, Narks was the cult leader, and his first recruit was Procyon. So it sort of makes sense that his first target this game would be Procyon again... the chances of him randomly getting assigned to execute Proc are very slim.

Crimson
July 31st, 2011, 02:17 PM
Can I suggest instead that we lynch Procyon? Since there's a claim that MrSmater is a power town, he might be bad to lose. However, we know nothing about Procyon so far, so he might be better to sacrifice.

If Narks is telling the truth, then either Goon or Crimson isn't a sheriff--it strongly hurts their claims. If Narks is lying, it at least adds some credence to Crimson/Goon's claims. (It also shows that MileS's reasoning in trusting Narks is flawed.)

The problem is with this is that MrSmarter hasn't defended himself. I believe that Miles is either Jester or Mafia.

Miles already said Smarter is a power role, yet, he won't reveal. also, the odds of both of us checking him out are very low. Smarter has 5 votes. He is the closest the lynch out of anybody else. Procyon and MrSmarter are in the same category. I am not saying Narks is lying, but I feel that we should lynch Smarter(I KNOW he is mafia), and so people will see what miles REALLY is. Miles, again, could be jester or mafia. Best bet, honestly, is to lynch Smarter.

Goonswarm
July 31st, 2011, 02:17 PM
ok so goonswarm crimson and aukmid all claim sheriff. also question does invest detect exact role?

Well I know I am a Sheriff, I am simply doing my best to try to prove myself and an investigator. Do I know if Crimson is jester, no. I do know however that we have evidence and an opportunity to extend the town lead.

Goonswarm
July 31st, 2011, 02:21 PM

The problem is with this is that MrSmarter hasn't defended himself. I believe that Miles is either Jester or Mafia.

Miles already said Smarter is a power role, yet, he won't reveal. also, the odds of both of us checking him out are very low. Smarter has 5 votes. He is the closest the lynch out of anybody else. Procyon and MrSmarter are in the same category. I am not saying Narks is lying, but I feel that we should lynch Smarter(I KNOW he is mafia), and so people will see what miles REALLY is. Miles, again, could be jester or mafia. Best bet, honestly, is to lynch Smarter.

Well are you sheriff or invest because that puts Aukmid high on suspicion list, also what did it say when you checked him?

McJesus
July 31st, 2011, 02:21 PM
btw i voted smarter and elixir missed it... it was at the bottom of the page

Clawtrocity
July 31st, 2011, 02:22 PM
Vote Mrsmarter

9 pages. Holy shit this is gonna be a fun game of forum mafia

I'm all for the random lynching for a round or two especially when we can gather evidence from it. We'll 100% know a mafia after this guy is dead. We'll know it's either Crimson and Goon or Aukmid I guess.

Sorta sucks for Mrsmarter to be used as bait, but in the end it's helping the town win. I'm all for lynching him.

McJesus
July 31st, 2011, 02:23 PM
Guys I just checked the role list, there are two sheriffs!

vornksr
July 31st, 2011, 02:23 PM
Crimson, MileS's decision not to reveal makes at least a little bit of sense. He's given us the important info, and it wouldn't be hard if he were lying to make up a power role for MrSmarter.

You're right that Procyon and MrSmarter are in the same category: possible executioner targets. If we kill one of them, that sends the serial killer into overdrive. That seems bad to me. However, we have a bit more reason to think that you are the executioner, and not Narks. (Note that Goon's claim doesn't back you up at all.) So perhaps Ganondorf is right that you are our potential best target.

And, Goon, Crimson does not claim inves. That's too sloppy a mistake for you to make if you really are sheriff.

Elixir
July 31st, 2011, 02:24 PM
btw i voted smarter and elixir missed it... it was at the bottom of the page

That you did.

Vote tally:

Procyon 2 (narks miles)
Mrsmarter 7 (crimson Goonswarm divermaster sp mcpwnage ganondorf clawtrocity)

Please keep in mind if a person receives 14 votes at any stage it will not matter if a vote is canceled before I return. (work soon etc)

vornksr
July 31st, 2011, 02:26 PM
Yayap, I can't help to notice that you're not volunteering to be investigated, but that you're volunteering to be investigated by the sheriff specifically. Why is that?

This is MileS's first post of the game, back on page 3. He catches that Yayap called for a sheriff and not an investigator... something that you would expect an investigator to be especially attuned to.

One reason why I believe him when he claims investigator.

Crimson
July 31st, 2011, 02:28 PM

Well are you sheriff or invest because that puts Aukmid high on suspicion list, also what did it say when you checked him?

It said he was a member of the mafia.

It wasn't specific. it didnt say de luca or romano. just said mafia

this is my first time ever playing forum mafia.

Crimson
July 31st, 2011, 02:31 PM
And, I'll say it again. We can simply wait it out and have a Invest/Sheriff check out Procyon/Smarter. As vorn said, that wouldn't be good for town. I'm simply giving out the information I found.

You don't have to act out immediately on it. Lynching me, however, would be bad, as I am the Sheriff. Lynching me would case 1 lonesome of a sheriff. I do think Auckmid is lying as well.

Clawtrocity
July 31st, 2011, 02:32 PM
I don't see where Auckmid claimed sheriff or why Goon said he was lying?

In any case it'd be Crimson and Goon lying or Narks lying.

Narks is probably some power evil role that is trying to come off as Jester...Again.

I'm also going to suggest that someone kills Spy and Narks tomorrow. It'd be helpful to cut down on the useless spam throughout the day that I have to try to go through to figure out what's going on.

Obviously the Mafia/SK won't kill them because they are just causing confusion, but if someone got a gun I'd blast them in the face.

Also it doesn't matter if the SK gets a double kill now since he already wasted a night of not killing either by a doctor healing or just being AFK. Don't try to find AFK people because there could always be the chance of him not killing in hopes that we look for an afk person to kill.

We need more people to vote Mrsmarter so we have some information on who's lying. Don't be a bunch of scared assholes and let's kill this guy so we know what we're up against.

vornksr
July 31st, 2011, 02:32 PM
Goon and Crimson have no reason to throw suspicious onto Auckmid. He's made only one post, on p.7, and it had nothing suspicious in it besides an understandable misreading. Goon is either not reading carefully or is trying to misdirect the town.

The best target for our lynch is not MrSmarter but Procyon, whom no one has claimed is a power role. Please stop bandwagoning MrSmarter.

Illidan
July 31st, 2011, 02:35 PM

This is MileS's first post of the game, back on page 3. He catches that Yayap called for a sheriff and not an investigator... something that you would expect an investigator to be especially attuned to.

One reason why I believe him when he claims investigator.

Good point vornksr, i missed that.

However, I still want to hear Mrsmarter defense or the role from MileS, so I'm gonna join the other votes hoping that he starts posting.

If he doesn't, we still get a very clear idea of what everyone other role is.

Vote Mrsmarter

Crimson
July 31st, 2011, 02:36 PM
I just read Auckmid's post. I thought he claimed Sheriff, at first. Guess he didn't.

Goonswarm
July 31st, 2011, 02:37 PM
Crimson, MileS's decision not to reveal makes at least a little bit of sense. He's given us the important info, and it wouldn't be hard if he were lying to make up a power role for MrSmarter.

You're right that Procyon and MrSmarter are in the same category: possible executioner targets. If we kill one of them, that sends the serial killer into overdrive. That seems bad to me. However, we have a bit more reason to think that you are the executioner, and not Narks. (Note that Goon's claim doesn't back you up at all.) So perhaps Ganondorf is right that you are our potential best target.

And, Goon, Crimson does not claim inves. That's too sloppy a mistake for you to make if you really are sheriff.

I just wanted to hear it from him. In that case I am hoping we get a lynch today so we can eliminate a Mafia and prove that Aukmid is a liar.

divemaster127
mrsmarter is a good target lynch him then we can get some info and figure out who's credible and who's not

vornksr
vote Procyon

Again, I emphasize, MrSmarter is not the best choice. He's more likely to be an exe's target and also possibly a power role.

Even if Claw is right about Narks, the chances of him being an exe whose target is Procyon seem very low. Also, not that he isn't trolling at all this game (i.e. spamming useless stuff): he made one to-the-point post and left.'

Please stop bandwaggoning MrSmarter.

TheJackofSpades
vote MrSmarter

I'll trust the general consensus, I didn't anticipate how much MLG would capture my attention. After tonight it should be a non-issue.

Raiden
July 31st, 2011, 02:38 PM
Whoa, whoa, whoa. What an unexpected outcome of events. We have no less than 4 sheriffs and 1 investigator, huh?

Well, since i think a lynch will be due at this point, i am forced to make my claim sooner than what i would be comfortable with.
I have a name. a name different from any of the directly accused people. A name, i am 100% sure, which belongs to one of the bad guys. I won't tell which factions he's in, because this will be my life insurance for this night, should the doctor choose to heal one of the claimed investigating roles.

Why should you believe me any more than one of them? Because i can't be an executioner. I am in no hurry to lynch my target, unlike the exe, who must live with the fear of death should his target be killed at night.

For now, i will believe Crimson, who i think has more backup to his claims than the other. Of the 4, i surely won't believe Narks's claims. Trolling is a double edged blade, you know. And i have good enough reasons to be suspicious of Miles, although he's not the name written in my last will.

vote MrSmarter

vornksr
July 31st, 2011, 02:39 PM
*sigh*

I guess I might as well give up, but I'll state it one last time:

1. MrSmarter is a worse lynch than Procyon. And he gets us the same amount of info
2. Auckmid has done nothing suspicious at all. By casting suspicion on him, Goon looks worse.

Elixir
July 31st, 2011, 02:40 PM
Vote tally:

Procyon 3 (narks miles vornksr)
Mrsmarter 10 (crimson Goonswarm divermaster spy mcpwnage ganondorf clawtrocity illidan raiden thejackofspades)

Please keep in mind if a person receives 14 votes at any stage it will not matter if a vote is canceled before I return. (work soon etc)

vornksr
July 31st, 2011, 02:41 PM
By the way we have THREE sheriff claims, not four. You aren't reading closely enough, people.

Raiden
July 31st, 2011, 02:45 PM
By the way we have THREE sheriff claims, not four. You aren't reading closely enough, people.

Sorry, i misread a post where divemaster said Auckmid claimed sheriff too. That doesn't change much, 3 sheriff are too much for this town.

Raiden
July 31st, 2011, 02:46 PM
where i thought that divemaster said*

he didn't actually say that

monster
July 31st, 2011, 02:47 PM
Although I'm half asleep I needed to post - so much stuff happening - this game is off to an awesome start. At this point I'm confident that the lynch of procyon will give town more info than the lynch of MrSmarter. But I'm not going to vote until we hear from the people who are being accused, I suggest you also take your time and wait as there is plenty of daytime left. Also 3 sheriff claims - lol.

Illidan
July 31st, 2011, 02:48 PM
1. MrSmarter is a worse lynch than Procyon. And he gets us the same amount of info

This is really not true at all.

By lynching Mrsmarter, we'll know at least about 3 people, and we'll know if their claims are true or at least possible (example: if smarter is town, goon could still be sheriff and crimson might be jester/exe).

By lynching procyon, we just know about Narks, who made just 2 posts and wasn't backed up by anyone.

Also, I'm starting to get suspicious about you for defending smarter so much, without having heard anything from him yet.

vornksr
July 31st, 2011, 02:48 PM
Actually he did on page 7:

ok so goonswarm crimson and aukmid all claim sheriff.

But I think it was a mistake: he meant to say Narks, not Auckmid.

vornksr
July 31st, 2011, 02:51 PM
This is really not true at all.

By lynching Mrsmarter, we'll know at least about 3 people, and we'll know if their claims are true or at least possible (example: if smarter is town, goon could still be sheriff and crimson might be jester/exe).

By lynching procyon, we just know about Narks, who made just 2 posts and wasn't backed up by anyone.

Also, I'm starting to get suspicious about you for defending smarter so much, without having heard anything from him yet.

It is true: let me explain why.

Either way, we learn nothing about goon, because Crimson might be executioner and not mafia.

So Procyon tells us about Narks, and MrSmarter tells us about Crimson.

MrSmarter also tells us about MileS, but he's also a greater risk. I've presented evidence why I do believe MileS, and also evidence why the chances of Crimson being exe are greater than Narks being exe.

So things balance in favor of Procyon, not MrSmarter.

I'm making this argument based on what makes the most sense, not on a need to defend MrSmarter.

Clawtrocity
July 31st, 2011, 02:54 PM
So Raiden just outted himself as SK/Mafia

He says he has a name of a bad guy. He can't be investigator or sheriff. He either attacked GF or SK and knows who that person is.

vorn, we all understand what you're saying, but right now more people are voting for mrsmarter than procyon. Don't try to turn this into a flip flop no lynch. I don't care which one we lynch, but one of them should die. We will have so much information the second we know their role so let's do this.

I'm personally more interested in figuring out what Miles is. My vote still stands.

vornksr
July 31st, 2011, 02:56 PM
Raiden potentially outed himself as investigator: only MileS has claimed investigator so far.

I understand what you mean, but I believe strongly that Procyon is a better choice. After we hear from both of them, and if the town is in danger of not lynching, I may be willing to switch my vote. But in the meantime I'm going to argue for what seems best to me.

divemaster127
July 31st, 2011, 02:56 PM
i thought auckmid claimed sheriff somewhere but maybe i was wrong i know goon and crimson did though

Goonswarm
July 31st, 2011, 03:00 PM
*sigh*

I guess I might as well give up, but I'll state it one last time:

2. Auckmid has done nothing suspicious at all. By casting suspicion on him, Goon looks worse.

It is simple process of information, I am putting my money on Crimson as I have evidence that suggests he is not mafia. I have nothing to prove Aukmid is not a liar. Bottom line is I go with what I know and in my book Aukmid is much more likely to not be a sheriff than Crimson.

monster
July 31st, 2011, 03:00 PM
As I see there are already 10 votes for mrsmarter I really have to ask some of you to CANCEL your votes - if we lynch before we hear from the accused we deny ourselves additional information + there are plenty of people yet to make a first post. Take your time, don't rush - THERE WILL BE A LYNCH TODAY, LET'S MAKE IT COUNT.
(Yes I realize this sounds like I'm trying to defend him but that is not the case.)

also i had a similar thought as clawtrocity above me about raiden

Illidan
July 31st, 2011, 03:01 PM
@vornksr: No, really, just no.

If we lynch procyon and he's mafia, we'll know that narks is sheriff (might still be exe, no restriction on the side, but lower chance). If he's town, we'll know that Narks is exe/evil.
This is 1 person we're talking about, just Narks.

Instead, if we lynch Mrsmarter and he's mafia, we'll know that Crimson is sheriff (like above, might still be exe) and that MileS is wrong. Otherwise, if he's town, we'll know that Crimson is NOT sheriff, and MileS was right.
This is 2 people, which is more than one.

Also, if we found that Mrsmarter is town and lynch Crimson after, if he's mafia we'll know that Goon is lying, so this goes up to 3 people, although the chances of this are very very low.

I've understood that you strongly believe MileS, but not everyone of us do at this stage of the game.

Raiden
July 31st, 2011, 03:01 PM
So Raiden just outted himself as SK/Mafia

He says he has a name of a bad guy. He can't be investigator or sheriff. He either attacked GF or SK and knows who that person is.

vorn, we all understand what you're saying, but right now more people are voting for mrsmarter than procyon. Don't try to turn this into a flip flop no lynch. I don't care which one we lynch, but one of them should die. We will have so much information the second we know their role so let's do this.

I'm personally more interested in figuring out what Miles is. My vote still stands.

Why do you say i can't be one of those roles? Are you one of them, my friend? So far, 3 sheriffs and 1 investigator are lying. ALL of them could be lying, yet you think i am a bad guy just because i have a name? You are making the biggest mistake of your life, even bigger than the one you made in the first game.

Severn
July 31st, 2011, 03:02 PM
Greetings fellow law abiding Citizens,

I have just returned from the humble halls of my church this morning to find this most distressing of news. I have yet to hear from this knave Procyon, but perhaps he to has been delayed in worship and is not here to defend himself. I will soon rally against him if he does come forth and speak. Let us not be rash to lynch one of these other fellows. There are many wild tales being spoken and surely some are lies and some are not. I do not wish to lynch this Smarter quite yet.

Mr. Goon's apparent misstep and blind hate for our brother Auckmid has me most concerned. He is a most proficient man at everything he sets his mind to and so I am surprised at his actions. Either our dear sheriff has taken to the vice of drink or he has been set against us to lynch an innocent man.

-Severn

Raiden
July 31st, 2011, 03:02 PM
Are claiming*

fuck my keyboard

Elixir
July 31st, 2011, 03:04 PM
Last Update From me for a while:

Vote tally:

Procyon 3 (narks miles vornksr)
Mrsmarter 10 (crimson Goonswarm divermaster spy mcpwnage ganondorf clawtrocity illidan raiden thejackofspades)

Please keep in mind if a person receives 14 votes at any stage it will not matter if a vote is canceled before I return (which wont be for a few hours)

Day I will End at 2am Tuesday, 2nd August 2011 Pacific Daylight Time

You have approximately 35 hours before cut off.

Goonswarm
July 31st, 2011, 03:04 PM
As I see there are already 10 votes for mrsmarter I really have to ask some of you to CANCEL your votes - if we lynch before we hear from the accused we deny ourselves additional information + there are plenty of people yet to make a first post. Take your time, don't rush - THERE WILL BE A LYNCH TODAY, LET'S MAKE IT COUNT.
(Yes I realize this sounds like I'm trying to defend him but that is not the case.)

This logic is 100% against town and its best interest. By not voting for him you are putting yourself in a position that is against town. We gain unity and information with this lynch. It does not help however that MrSmarter is not posting at all. Not sure why you would want to defend someone when the Accuser has been proven to not be mafia. Honestly this logic is play stupid and counterproductive.

Goonswarm
July 31st, 2011, 03:05 PM
Greetings fellow law abiding Citizens,

I have just returned from the humble halls of my church this morning to find this most distressing of news. I have yet to hear from this knave Procyon, but perhaps he to has been delayed in worship and is not here to defend himself. I will soon rally against him if he does come forth and speak. Let us not be rash to lynch one of these other fellows. There are many wild tales being spoken and surely some are lies and some are not. I do not wish to lynch this Smarter quite yet.

Mr. Goon's apparent misstep and blind hate for our brother Auckmid has me most concerned. He is a most proficient man at everything he sets his mind to and so I am surprised at his actions. Either our dear sheriff has taken to the vice of drink or he has been set against us to lynch an innocent man.

-Severn

Claim a role, defend him with information and not RP bullshit or shut up.

vornksr
July 31st, 2011, 03:08 PM
If we lynch procyon and he's mafia, we'll know that narks is sheriff (might still be exe, no restriction on the side, but lower chance). If he's town, we'll know that Narks is exe/evil.
This is 1 person we're talking about, just Narks.

Actually, if Procyon is evil and Narks is right, that means that at least one of Goon & Crimson is lying.

So really, it's about 1.5 vs. 2. You're right that MrSmarter gets us a little more info, but I don't think it's worth the risk.

I'd like to repeat monster's request: please recant some votes for MrSmarter. We've got plenty of time & we don't want to lynch him before he speaks.

vornksr
July 31st, 2011, 03:10 PM
This logic is 100% against town and its best interest. By not voting for him you are putting yourself in a position that is against town.

Goon, monster is only asking that we delay voting him until he has a chance to defend. Not that we don't lynch him at all. Please read more carefully: your misdirection is seriously hurting the town.

Severn
July 31st, 2011, 03:12 PM
Try reading my post where I actually claimed a role. Law abiding citizen.

Your play has me reading that you are not town in the slightest. Either a jester or exec. You are a good player and I will quote you now, "in my book Aukmid is much more likely to not be a sheriff than Crimson." AUKMID NEVER CLAIMED SHERIFF. I checked his posts. The one post he made never claimed it. I think you are either jestering it up and trying to offend me so I vote against you or you are trying to get Auk lynched next since he is your target.

The biggest tell is your getting us to rush to judgment. WE NEED TO USE OUR TIME. Long days are the biggest advantage that we have as town. We have plenty of time and some people haven't posted yet because they have lives or because of timezones.

Severn
July 31st, 2011, 03:12 PM
Above post directed to Goon btw.

vornksr
July 31st, 2011, 03:13 PM
Severn, thanks for speaking some sense. :)

Crimson
July 31st, 2011, 03:14 PM
Why should people have to cancel? Just keep it at 10 for now, or get rid of this mafia scum now.

monster
July 31st, 2011, 03:14 PM

This logic is 100% against town and its best interest. By not voting for him you are putting yourself in a position that is against town. We gain unity and information with this lynch. It does not help however that MrSmarter is not posting at all. Not sure why you would want to defend someone when the Accuser has been proven to not be mafia. Honestly this logic is play stupid and counterproductive.

WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT - we have 35 hours left of daytime and you want to cut it off - denying a possible town power role the right to defend himself. Not to mention there is actually a discussion going on and people are talking and playing the game. ARE YOU FUCKING JOKING? This was honestly the most newbie thing anyone has said today.

#vote GOONSWARM

vornksr
July 31st, 2011, 03:16 PM
Crimson, if we keep it at 10 there's a danger people will continue the bandwagon without reading closely. What's the harm in pulling back some votes for now?

Crimson
July 31st, 2011, 03:19 PM
Crimson, if we keep it at 10 there's a danger people will continue the bandwagon without reading closely. What's the harm in pulling back some votes for now?

Because, once we realize he is mafia, what if we don't have enough time for everyone to revote? Just keep it at 10. No one would be stupid enough to vote.

Goonswarm
July 31st, 2011, 03:20 PM
This logic is 100% against town and its best interest. By not voting for him you are putting yourself in a position that is against town.

Goon, monster is only asking that we delay voting him until he has a chance to defend. Not that we don't lynch him at all. Please read more carefully: your misdirection is seriously hurting the town.

Honestly think about it like a game of SC2 Mafia, we bleed members every day we take no action. We have reasonable cause to lynch multiple people. The reason I push for a lynch is we have no Jailor type roles. No MATTER WHAT we prove someone a liar or true to the role. We can only GAIN information by lynching. Normally I would sit back and agree with you but with a Cult Leader, 2 Mafia factions and a SK out there we will bleed town at an incredible rate.

In Response to Severn: You are reading into the details too much, I am watching MLG at the same time here. So let me clarify my position to resolve any confusion going forward.

1: I am Sheriff
2: I checked Crimson and got a "Innocent" result.
3: Crimson claims Sheriff and states MrSmarter is Mafia (Extremely logical based on my check)
4: I read from others that Aukmid claimed sheriff, if he did not then it is my mistake. Regardless there are too many claims for the role and I know that I am one of the two. Process of elimination will give me an answer after todays lynch.
5: I know that Narks/Crimson/Myself Officially Claimed Sheriff
6: You as a citizen said "Greetings fellow law abiding citizens does not mean you claim citizen"

So I know my position is aggressive but with the information we have and having 1 mafia dead night 1 we are in an outstanding position to gain much from this lynch. In theory:

We lynch Smarter, he is mafia: Proven Sheriff
We lynch Smarter, he is not mafia: We look into narks claim and use the leads we have there

No matter what in my mind we stand to gain from this lynch.

MileS
July 31st, 2011, 03:20 PM

We'd gain more information if we allowed for more discussion and THEN lynched than if we simply lynch right now, especially after people haven't defended themselves. You're the one being anti-town and counterproductive.

The rush to lynch MrSmarter is more evidence pointing to Procyon being Mafia. I think we need to look carefully at everyone trying to push a MrSmarter lynch.

MileS
July 31st, 2011, 03:22 PM
Goon I think you might be misunderstanding - no one is suggesting that we don't lynch. People want to delay until later in the day so we have more time for discussion.

vornksr
July 31st, 2011, 03:22 PM
Because, once we realize he is mafia, what if we don't have enough time for everyone to revote? Just keep it at 10. No one would be stupid enough to vote.

We have 35 hours. Running out of time is NOT going to be a problem.

Spy
July 31st, 2011, 03:23 PM

Honestly think about it like a game of SC2 Mafia, we bleed members every day we take no action. We have reasonable cause to lynch multiple people. The reason I push for a lynch is we have no Jailor type roles. No MATTER WHAT we prove someone a liar or true to the role. We can only GAIN information by lynching. Normally I would sit back and agree with you but with a Cult Leader, 2 Mafia factions and a SK out there we will bleed town at an incredible rate.

In Response to Severn: You are reading into the details too much, I am watching MLG at the same time here. So let me clarify my position to resolve any confusion going forward.

1: I am Sheriff
2: I checked Crimson and got a "Innocent" result.
3: Crimson claims Sheriff and states MrSmarter is Mafia (Extremely logical based on my check)
4: I read from others that Aukmid claimed sheriff, if he did not then it is my mistake. Regardless there are too many claims for the role and I know that I am one of the two. Process of elimination will give me an answer after todays lynch.
5: I know that Narks/Crimson/Myself Officially Claimed Sheriff
6: You as a citizen said "Greetings fellow law abiding citizens does not mean you claim citizen"

So I know my position is aggressive but with the information we have and having 1 mafia dead night 1 we are in an outstanding position to gain much from this lynch. In theory:

We lynch Smarter, he is mafia: Proven Sheriff
We lynch Smarter, he is not mafia: We look into narks claim and use the leads we have there

No matter what in my mind we stand to gain from this lynch.

Props to whomever works out the probability of all claims in his post.

vornksr
July 31st, 2011, 03:27 PM
Goon, delay as in do a day 1 lynch on Monday, August 1st, rather than a day 1 lynch on Sunday, July 31st. Just give more time for discussion, not an extra night.

Goonswarm
July 31st, 2011, 03:28 PM

WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT - we have 35 hours left of daytime and you want to cut it off - denying a possible town power role the right to defend himself. Not to mention there is actually a discussion going on and people are talking and playing the game. ARE YOU FUCKING JOKING? This was honestly the most newbie thing anyone has said today.

#vote GOONSWARM

I thought that it ended today, in that regard what you state makes sense. I will not pull my vote as the result is the same in my mind and even if he is town (which I doubt) a lynch is still required to prove multiple claims. So while I understand you thinking that giving him a chance to defend himself, the fact remains that he was accused by a supposed sheriff. Unless he can post some evidence that PROVES his innocence (ie gunsmith that gave X player a gun) the lynch should go through. (last mafia the days were shorter so sorry) To give him a chance to defend himself I will ask that the players interested in voting hold your votes. Mine will stand for reasons I have explained.

So I AGREE with giving him time to prove his innocence and not lynching anywhere in the near future. It does not change my position however.

Vonskr: Yea I thought they only lasted one true day, sorry if that misled you guys (I thought we had only around 6-8 hours left not 35+).

vornksr
July 31st, 2011, 03:31 PM
Well, chances are good that he'll claim some kind of power role. But really only 4 of those will offer incontrovertible evidence: doctor (if he healed SK's target), gunsmith, armorer, or mason who made a successful recruit. What do we do if he's a doc who healed the wrong person, or another sheriff/invest claim?

divemaster127
July 31st, 2011, 03:33 PM
we really dont need a mason or a doc to reveal themselfs

Raiden
July 31st, 2011, 03:33 PM
All i am seeing among these lines is that monster, clawtrocity and miles are trying their hardest to divert the town attention from the most accused target, each one claiming different names, but not accusing themselves. The jester is certainly at work, trying to get guilty by defending the most obvious evil targets.

Also, as i have already said, i have my own reasons not to believe Miles's claim regardless of what MrSmarter is.

I am not, in any way, pushing the lynch towards mrsmarter, but all these runs for his help after they saw the votes skyrocketing are at the very least suspicious. Please note that i have no intention of accusing anyone other than the already accused, for i can handle evidence by myself. I'm just outing my thoughts.

Goonswarm
July 31st, 2011, 03:36 PM
Well, chances are good that he'll claim some kind of power role. But really only 4 of those will offer incontrovertible evidence: doctor (if he healed SK's target), gunsmith, armorer, or mason who made a successful recruit. What do we do if he's a doc who healed the wrong person, or another sheriff/invest claim?

In my mind if that is the case, we look at other leads and sacrifice a lynch day to get more information. I hope that Narks would give more insight on his claim as it was awful short. Anyways I think based off the posts today we have some good leads to go off of. I am still very convinced that MrSmarter will not be able to provide evidence to back up any town power role claims. Anyways, this forum mafia is shaping up well and fun fun!

vornksr
July 31st, 2011, 03:37 PM
What evidence do you have for not trusting MileS? It's important, because it could change my stance on MrSmarter.

But let's be clear: I'm basically the only person who's been saying we shouldn't lynch him. Everyone else has only been asking for more time. So if his guilt should make anyone look suspicious, it's me.

Goonswarm
July 31st, 2011, 03:39 PM
Honestly at this point we NEED to hear from Procyon and MrSmarter

vornksr
July 31st, 2011, 03:44 PM
It occurs to me that one thing no one has pointed out so far is the possibility of a framer. The only evidence that a framer couldn't tamper with is MileS's claim that MrSmarter is a town power role. So, in that regard, lynching MrSmarter may do more to clear somebody's name than lynching anybody else. Just a thought.

(We still, obviously, should wait to hear their defenses.)

Goonswarm
July 31st, 2011, 03:48 PM
It occurs to me that one thing no one has pointed out so far is the possibility of a framer. The only evidence that a framer couldn't tamper with is MileS's claim that MrSmarter is a town power role. So, in that regard, lynching MrSmarter may do more to clear somebody's name than lynching anybody else. Just a thought.

(We still, obviously, should wait to hear their defenses.)

Good point and I definitely agree it is possible.

Ganondorf
July 31st, 2011, 03:51 PM
Guys, here is what I think: we won't lynch today (as a real day). Hopefully, we will hear from the accused sometime in the next 12 hours. Tomorrow, everyone make a giant post outlining what they think about each claim, what their logic is, who they suspect, and what they intend to vote. Personally, I'm gonna get on my computer and make one he'll of a post about what I think. Until further notice, I withdraw my vote (though I still suspect MrSmarter moreso than Pro)

monster
July 31st, 2011, 04:12 PM
Both procyon and MrSmarter are online - hype, hype, hype

Clawtrocity
July 31st, 2011, 04:17 PM
Role claims so far:

Sheriff:
Narks
Crimson
Goon

Investigator:
Miles

Raiden has claimed he is one of these roles as well, but won't say which one. We have 5 names with 3 possible slots.

2 of those 5 people are bad. However the other three could likely be bad as well. Either way we're going to be losing some sheriffs and investigators soon if these role claims are true.

It's up to the doctor to heal one of them and at the moment for all we know Mrsmarter could be the doctor. That means if we kill Mrsmarter then we lose all of them...We'd be out a lot of power roles.

I know Miles is lying about being investigator and I'm pretty sure Raiden is bullshitting as well. However I don't feel like role-claiming or doing anything fancy and for all I know they could be citizens acting like that to soak shots.

So we're back to killing either Mrsmarter or Procyon. It's hard to choose because neither are talking at all. So I guess we just get to sit and twiddle our thumbs until they choose to talk or the time limit comes closer and we're forced to lynch one.

Auckmid
July 31st, 2011, 04:18 PM
The way I see it is that we have 3 claimed Sherif's. One of them is lieing.
Goonswarm claimed inno on Crimson
Crimson claimed guilty on Mrsmarter
Nark's claimed guilty on Procyon

I think that Goonswarm is the most likely to be telling the truth, in which case either Crimson or Nark's is most likely executioner.

I don't think that it is the smartest thing in the world voteing for Mrsmarter or Procyon, as one of the claimed Sherif's has to be lieing, and it is possible that the real Sherif's target was framed. Goonswarm got innocent on Crimson, but that dosn't mean he isn't executioner.

Guys, here is what I think: we won't lynch today (as a real day). Hopefully, we will hear from the accused sometime in the next 12 hours. Tomorrow, everyone make a giant post outlining what they think about each claim, what their logic is, who they suspect, and what they intend to vote. Personally, I'm gonna get on my computer and make one he'll of a post about what I think. Until further notice, I withdraw my vote (though I still suspect MrSmarter moreso than Pro)

I too would like to hear from the acussed in the next little bit, before we do anything to hasty.

REMEMBER
I think MrSmarter is at L-3 (3 more vote's required to lynch). This is only the 1st real day of the game. We have another 2 real day's till the 1st Mafia day closes. It is rarely smart to hammer before we need to, as prolonging the day's give's us more real info.

MileS
July 31st, 2011, 04:22 PM
I'm curious as to why you think I'm not investigator, Claw?

Auckmid
July 31st, 2011, 04:31 PM
Also...

No leads?
If not, then let's not lynch anyone today, as usual.
I'm going to be away today so don't nail me for being quiet.

I find this truly suspicious. Probably the most suspicious comment made this entire day. Oops is not a newb, and he know's that the Lynch is the Town's greatest weapon. Yet, he is encouraging no lynches on page 2. WTF? He knew what happend last time there was no lynches. I think Oops might very well be Deadly Scum, maybe even the Cult Leader or the Serial Killer. We may not have any truly solid evidence against him, but I just can't let this post go unnoticed. I would appreciate it very much if one of the Investigator's or Sherif's looked into this.

Vote: Oops_ur_dead

It is looking however like it's either going to be MrSmarter or Procyon is going to get the rope, though. I may switch my vote once they have a chance to post.

Auckmid
July 31st, 2011, 04:35 PM
The way I see it is that we have 3 claimed Sherif's. One of them is lieing.
Goonswarm claimed inno on Crimson
Crimson claimed guilty on Mrsmarter
Nark's claimed guilty on Procyon

I think that Goonswarm is the most likely to be telling the truth, in which case either Crimson or Nark's is most likely executioner.

I don't think that it is the smartest thing in the world voteing for Mrsmarter or Procyon, as one of the claimed Sherif's has to be lieing, and it is possible that the real Sherif's target was framed. Goonswarm got innocent on Crimson, but that dosn't mean he isn't executioner.

I too would like to hear from the acussed in the next little bit, before we do anything to hasty.

REMEMBER
I think MrSmarter is at L-3 (3 more vote's required to lynch). This is only the 1st real day of the game. We have another 2 real day's till the 1st Mafia day closes. It is rarely smart to hammer before we need to, as prolonging the day's give's us more real info.

Typo here. MrSmarter is only at L-4 (10 votes against, 14 to lynch)

NorthStar
July 31st, 2011, 04:38 PM
Was at the family cottage so excuse my absence and I've only recieved internet service in an internet cafe in a town nearby, but anyways, we're off to a good start and I haven't read a single thing you guys have said. =)

NorthStar
July 31st, 2011, 04:41 PM
Was at the family cottage so excuse my absence and I've only recieved internet service in an internet cafe in a town nearby, but anyways, we're off to a good start and I haven't read a single thing you guys have said. =)

Vote "MrSmarter".

Auckmid
July 31st, 2011, 04:45 PM

Vote "MrSmarter".

Why?

McJesus
July 31st, 2011, 04:45 PM
from reading his posts monster is on my short list as either an evil role or a jester...

Auckmid
July 31st, 2011, 04:47 PM

Vote "MrSmarter".

Why?

To be more clear, your first reply was a "nothing". Your second post was simply a Vote. No reasoning, no opinions. What is your opinion on the game, and why are you inclined to vote for MrSmarter?

NorthStar
July 31st, 2011, 04:48 PM

Vote "MrSmarter".

Why?

I've skimmed and scanned through all of the post and I agree with Goonswarm's post that it would be logical to vote MrSmarter as it would give us more information about what to do, and yes, a lynch can change the entire game if used correctly, and in my opinion, I think getting MrSmarter lynched would help the town immensely, as I'm starting to believe he is an anti-town role, but let's not forget, if I'm quick enough, I may cancel my vote before Elixir returns and stop a disaster.

Auckmid
July 31st, 2011, 04:53 PM
So then. You say that we will learn more information from mrSmarter's death then anyother role. What will you learn if he flip's town? What will you learn if he flip's Mafia? What will you learn if he flip's Third party?

I'm with-holding my vote because I think Crimson may very well be Executioner.

vornksr
July 31st, 2011, 04:55 PM
This is why I want people to recant their votes. Others are showing up, skimming the thread, and trusting what Goon has to say, even though Goon is obviously scum or is not paying good attention.

I, too, want to know why Claw "knows" MileS isn't an investigator. Raiden, too, claimed he had reason to doubt MileS: I'd like to know that that is.

For what it's worth, chances are good that if MileS is mafia, he would be the consigliere (since he's claiming investigator). That would make MrSmarter Godfather... which presumably Crimson wouldn't detect?

Also, I'd really like to know what sort of evidence Raiden has. He might be sheriff/investigator, but my guess is that he's the hooker and he knows who the serial killer is.

Auckmid
July 31st, 2011, 04:59 PM
This is why I want people to recant their votes. Others are showing up, skimming the thread, and trusting what Goon has to say, even though Goon is obviously scum or is not paying good attention.

I, too, want to know why Claw "knows" MileS isn't an investigator. Raiden, too, claimed he had reason to doubt MileS: I'd like to know that that is.

For what it's worth, chances are good that if MileS is mafia, he would be the consigliere (since he's claiming investigator). That would make MrSmarter Godfather... which presumably Crimson wouldn't detect?

Also, I'd really like to know what sort of evidence Raiden has. He might be sheriff/investigator, but my guess is that he's the hooker and he knows who the serial killer is.

I preaty sure GF is immune to detection. If MrSmarter flip's GF, then it is possible that MileS is Consigliere, but that would also mean Crimson is Executioner.

MrSmarter
July 31st, 2011, 04:59 PM
Im an investigator, Auckmid came up as citizen.
I personally think crimson is the exec, however I could have been framed (is there a framer in this one, I forgot)
I'll wait to hear form Procyon before I vote.

Severn
July 31st, 2011, 05:04 PM
North if you are still online please recant, your vote might have just hurt the town. People need to STOP VOTING or RECANT a vote or two on smarter until we hear a defense. We have plenty of time. I'm still suspicious why NEITHER player has defended themselves yet and so both are on my short list.

One thing I would like to point out is that the exec is not limited to targeting towns like in many SC2 games. He could very well have a scum target. So if someone turns out to be exec don't assume his target was inno. The serial killer getting A DOUBLE KILL when exec wins is really gonna bite us I suspect.

Severn
July 31st, 2011, 05:07 PM
I personally think crimson is the exec, however I could have been framed (is there a framer in this one, I forgot)

In light of this.... I think Proc is the safer vote. Even if Smarter is scum I really think the bandwagon was to much and I don't want serial killer getting a double kill from an exec win. Still waiting on Procyon but not for long.

vornksr
July 31st, 2011, 05:10 PM
Ok, so MrSmarter claims investigator. It would be really nice if MileS had committed to what role he thought MrSmarter was. There's a simple encryption that would let us do this (this isn't great, but I think it'll work for our purposes--let me know if it's easier to crack than I think):

Imagine that MileS's username was GeorgeWBush. 4 hours ago, he could have posted this message: SBHGYRUXF.

Then, after MrSmarter claimed, MileS could reveal the key to his encryption: RUMSFELDX. Because it has an obvious connection to MileS's username, it's unlikely that he made it up out of nowhere. Now we subtract the key from the message:

SBHGYRUXF
RUMSFELDX
---------------
AGUNSMITH

This way MileS would have been locked in to a claim about MrSmarter, without letting MrSmarter know what that claim was.

Thoughts?

Raiden
July 31st, 2011, 05:10 PM

Miles, what do you have to say about this?

vornksr
July 31st, 2011, 05:13 PM
Specifically, Raiden, you could commit your suspicious name to such an encryption.

Severn
July 31st, 2011, 05:14 PM
Ok, so MrSmarter claims investigator. It would be really nice if MileS had committed to what role he thought MrSmarter was. There's a simple encryption that would let us do this (this isn't great, but I think it'll work for our purposes--let me know if it's easier to crack than I think):

Imagine that MileS's username was GeorgeWBush. 4 hours ago, he could have posted this message: SBHGYRUXF.

Then, after MrSmarter claimed, MileS could reveal the key to his encryption: RUMSFELDX. Because it has an obvious connection to MileS's username, it's unlikely that he made it up out of nowhere. Now we subtract the key from the message:

SBHGYRUXF
RUMSFELDX
---------------
AGUNSMITH

This way MileS would have been locked in to a claim about MrSmarter, without letting MrSmarter know what that claim was.

Thoughts?

That is... a lot of work but interesting even if you be trolling.

Ganondorf
July 31st, 2011, 05:19 PM
Actually, MrSmarter's defense makes me want to vote for him even more. If he gets lynched, then we either kill an evil role or we kill the investigator and then know that Miles is an evil role. I recanted my vote for MrSmarter in my last post and I stand by this. Tomorrow, however, I may end up voting for him again...

vornksr
July 31st, 2011, 05:25 PM
Wait, how does MrSmarter being an investigator prove that MileS is evil? There are two investigators on the role list...

As a sign of good faith, I'm going to commit to my role right now. Note that you can't gather any info from this based on the length, since I can pad the message or not write the full word.

My commitment:

TLHRLBGSSY

Goonswarm
July 31st, 2011, 05:27 PM

Anyone care to counter claim this, otherwise I will believe it and although unlikely the framer may have gotten luck night 1.

Auckmid
July 31st, 2011, 05:27 PM
My top suspect is still Oops. Unfortunately, not many of you are going to see my logic, but I must ask for the investigators to please investigate Oops.

Other then him, my other 2 suspect's are Raiden and MileS

Ganondorf
July 31st, 2011, 05:32 PM
Oh sorry (I didn't notice that there was two investigators on the roles list). On that note, I really don't know what I'm gonna do tomorrow...

vornksr
July 31st, 2011, 05:36 PM
Why are you all backing down all of a sudden? MileS already said that MrSmarter was a town power role, so all he had to do was read the thread & claim one that seems plausible. I still think that Goon is being a jester, but none of this changes anything I've been saying all day.

Crimson
July 31st, 2011, 05:38 PM
The other invest won't counter claim.

Guilty.

vornksr
July 31st, 2011, 05:39 PM
Don't you mean the two other invests? At least you're consistent.

Crimson
July 31st, 2011, 05:41 PM
Listen,

just because Smarter was smart enough to lie and say he was invest(which is because fake Invest said he was power role) doesn't mean anything. Of course he'd claim a power role.

As I said, Smarter is Mafia or was framed. I DOUBT he was framed.

MileS
July 31st, 2011, 05:42 PM

Miles, what do you have to say about this?

Yeah, he came up investigator when I checked him. Not much I can really say about it.

I still want to hear from Procyon.

Crimson
July 31st, 2011, 05:43 PM
Both MileS and MrSmarter are Mafia!

vornksr
July 31st, 2011, 05:44 PM
just because Smarter was smart enough to lie and say he was invest(which is because fake Invest said he was power role) doesn't mean anything. Of course he'd claim a power role.

That's exactly what I just said. But you said "the other inves" won't counterclaim... as if you take it for granted that there is one besides MrSmarter. From your perspective, all of the current investigator claims ought to be false.

Raiden
July 31st, 2011, 05:45 PM
Now that MileS answered, i am in a secure enough position to make my big claim. Just let me think the whole thing through for a while.

For now, i withdraw my vote for MrSmarter because there are high chances that he is actually an investigator. I will also explain why in my next post.

MrSmarter
July 31st, 2011, 05:45 PM
Betting crimson is exec. Odds I was framed and investigated night one are very low.
Still waiting to hear from proycon.

MileS
July 31st, 2011, 05:47 PM
No, we're both investigators. It only makes sense for me to defend a townie that I know is innocent.

MileS
July 31st, 2011, 05:47 PM
Previous post was in response to Crimson.

MileS
July 31st, 2011, 05:50 PM
I'm gonna be gone for the next few hours, just to let you guys know.

Clawtrocity
July 31st, 2011, 06:13 PM
Well here's the deal. Investigators suck. If there was another investigator they could speak up and get both these guys killed.

I'm still sticking to what I know and that's Miles isn't an invest. I don't even think he's consig. I just know he's not invest.

Either way we still have Raiden to deal with. Now that we pretty much have all investigative roles filled with some extra claims we have to look at Raiden's claim as hostile. The only way he could have a name is if he attacked the GF/SK which would make him a role that can attack. Either that or he's a mason/gunsmith/armorer and just trying not to get shot. If he's trying to do that he's not being smart about it at all and people will kill him knowing he's bluffing.

Cancel vote on mrsmarter

We'll see what other information comes forward soon. Tomorrow we are lynching someone I don't care who, but you can't play Mafia with this many people accurately. We need to find information by lynching people who will prove people innocent/guilty.

Raiden
July 31st, 2011, 06:20 PM
Ok, this is it. I hereby claim Investigator.

Miles is clearly NOT an investigator at this point. I have thought of a few possibilities about his role, and here's what i think:

1) MileS could be the Godfather and MrSmarter is the Consigliere. This would explain why Crimson found him as mafia, as well as MileS defense.
2) MileS could be the Cult Leader who recruited MrSmarter. This means that MrSmarter would be a Culted Investigator. This would also mean that MrSmarter has either been framed or Crimson is a non town, possibly the jester, executioner, or Romano mafia.
3) MileS could be the jester. He is defending him because, lacking my informations, he believed he was mafia and he tried to get lynched when we found that. This also includes the possibility that MrSmarter isn't really an investigator, but something totally different.

MrSmarter cannot be Romano Mafia because Clawtrocity instavoted for him, and i am 100% sure that Clawtrocity is the Romano Hooker. I didn't want to claim that earlier in the day because he might as well have been framed, but after his posts, i am sure he hasn't. Him suggesting that I and Miles lied point towards the fact that he is an investigator as well, however at this point the chances of it being true are next to zero.

vote Clawtrocity.

While i am at it, i will respond to the accuses directed at me. I cannot be the SK. The only reason i said i had a name is because i was afraid to die after some people brought up random suspicion (namely Rumpel; while i will never agree that random lynch is a good strat, i don't think he's a bad guy from the info i have now. We'll see if he votes on clawtrocity or tries to defend him). If i were really the SK, i would just shut the fuck up and not claiming my role, since i could not possibly die next night. Both mafia made their kills (they haven't targeted me) and i can't attack myself, can i? My vest would still be intact and it would be VERY STUPID of me to claim a power role if i had guaranteed survivability.

I also cannot be the Romano Hooker who has roleblocked the SK. Do I even need to explain that? It doesn't make sense to accuse someone as anything different than SK if this was true.

The reasons i am not sticking with my vote for MrSmarter are that i don't want to lynch a plausible investigator, even if he is culted. He might still find mafia. The same reason is valid if he is the De Luca consigliere, as the De Luca are already hindered and their focus would be on finding the other bad guys as soon as possible.

Ganondorf
July 31st, 2011, 06:23 PM
Actually, with the defense made by MrSmarter being plausible, I think it is wise to vote for Proycon. Lynching him will still yield information about who is truly a sheriff which would be VERY helpful right about now. My only concern is that the executioner target is Proycon, but I think it is well worth the risk.

Ganondorf votes to lynch Proycon

Raiden
July 31st, 2011, 06:29 PM
Narks is just a troll. A good one, but still a troll. He claimed almost EVERYTHING in the last game and none of it was true.

Clawtrocity
July 31st, 2011, 06:29 PM
Wait how did you get from Miles is 100% bad to Claw might be bad let's get him?

If you want I'll be the hammer to Miles lynch in case you all think he is Jester.

Let's do that.

Everyone lynch Miles and I'll be the last one to lynch him proving I'm not scared to die and will help the town win. How about that?

If you're really invest and you found me as a hooker than I pretty much know who the framing mafia are. They obviously knew I'd be a big target after the amount of attention I gathered early on last game.

I don't want to vote Miles yet since I think I need to be the last one to do it.

Ganondorf
July 31st, 2011, 06:30 PM
What was his role in the last game? Narks, I mean...

Clawtrocity
July 31st, 2011, 06:33 PM
narks was cult leader last game

Literally ignore everything him and Spy say. There's no point trying to comprhend it or anything. They are better off getting shot at night than trying to deal with them during the day.

vornksr
July 31st, 2011, 06:33 PM
I know Miles is lying about being investigator and I'm pretty sure Raiden is bullshitting as well. However I don't feel like role-claiming or doing anything fancy and for all I know they could be citizens acting like that to soak shots.

Claw, at this point you need to explain how you "know" about MileS and why you think Raiden is bsing.

Also, as i have already said, i have my own reasons not to believe Miles's claim regardless of what MrSmarter is.

Raiden, why were you suspicious of MileS even before MrSmarter claimed investigator? At that point, MileS was the only other investigator claim, so there should have been nothing suspicious in it.

If we assume that Raiden is telling the truth, then MileS cannot be. However, we know nothing about MrSmarter, Goon, Crimson, or Narks, given that there could be framers and such about. (I still think that Goon is jester, though.) So it looks to me like hanging MrSmarter is the best option, because he's the lynch pin that holds everything else together. Getting Claw tonight won't tell us very much--which means that it wasn't actually a great idea for Raiden to reveal at this point.

(Again, all of this is assuming Raiden is telling the truth.)

Raiden
July 31st, 2011, 06:34 PM
Wait how did you get from Miles is 100% bad to Claw might be bad let's get him?

If you want I'll be the hammer to Miles lynch in case you all think he is Jester.

Let's do that.

Everyone lynch Miles and I'll be the last one to lynch him proving I'm not scared to die and will help the town win. How about that?

If you're really invest and you found me as a hooker than I pretty much know who the framing mafia are. They obviously knew I'd be a big target after the amount of attention I gathered early on last game.

I don't want to vote Miles yet since I think I need to be the last one to do it.

And here he is, diverting attention from himself once again.
You cannot possibly have been framed, there is no way you would know MileS is not an investigator unless you are one, and i know you aren't. MrSmarter is also on the table of the possibly framed guys since Crimson's accuses, and this by itself reduces the chances that you are actually framed by a great amount. As i said, your credibility is next to zero.

vornksr
July 31st, 2011, 06:38 PM
Why is it so clear that Claw isn't framed?

Suppose Claw is framed. Then MrSmarter is mafia & Crimson is an honest sheriff and MileS is mafia pretending to be 3rd investigator. How is any of that inconsistent?

Raiden
July 31st, 2011, 06:43 PM
Raiden, why were you suspicious of MileS even before MrSmarter claimed investigator? At that point, MileS was the only other investigator claim, so there should have been nothing suspicious in it.

A mix of probability and observation. I cannot believe a guy who is voluntarily willing to lynch people when the highest probability is that you will lynch a Citizen, and the fact i was an investigator made it just harder to believe him. I did not, as claw did, claim that i am sure he isn't. However, now i am.

If we assume that Raiden is telling the truth, then MileS cannot be. However, we know nothing about MrSmarter, Goon, Crimson, or Narks, given that there could be framers and such about. (I still think that Goon is jester, though.) So it looks to me like hanging MrSmarter is the best option, because he's the lynch pin that holds everything else together. Getting Claw tonight won't tell us very much--which means that it wasn't actually a great idea for Raiden to reveal at this point.

(Again, all of this is assuming Raiden is telling the truth.)

If you assume i am telling the truth, i just said that there are high chances that MrSmarter is a real investigator and i don't want him lynched. Since i will not believe any of Narks claim, i just provided the town with a 100% guilty target to lynch. How is that a bad idea?

Raiden
July 31st, 2011, 06:45 PM
Why is it so clear that Claw isn't framed?

Suppose Claw is framed. Then MrSmarter is mafia & Crimson is an honest sheriff and MileS is mafia pretending to be 3rd investigator. How is any of that inconsistent?

He's blatantly lying about being sure that MileS is not an investigator and accusing me as an SK/GF. MrSmarter COULD be the De Luca consigliere, but getting the Hooker down is far more valuable to the town than killing an investigating role, albeit an evil one.

vornksr
July 31st, 2011, 06:50 PM
From my perspective, he could be the other investigator, in which case everything he says makes perfect sense to me.

My perspective on who best to kill is about how much information it'll bring town. Let's look at the four cases:

Lynch MrSmarter, he's guilty. Then Crimson is good and MileS is bad.
Lynch MrSmarter, he's innocent. Then MileS is good, Crimson is probably bad, and you're bad so Claw is good.

Lynch Claw, he's guilty. You're good.
Lynch Claw, he's inno. You're bad.

Doing the first will tell us a lot more. We can always do Claw the next day.

But Claw should really tell us some more about himself right now...

oops_ur_dead
July 31st, 2011, 06:54 PM
Aww shit, I get back and the thread is fucking 500 pages long.

Can someone recap everything that's happened so far, please? I tried to skim the pages but I still understand nothing.

Goonswarm
July 31st, 2011, 06:56 PM
I stand by my statement to lynch Smarter, i honestly believe that he is mafia. It would tell us so much at the price of 1 town role. People have taken clear sides on DAY 2 and I honestly feel that being able to draw a line based on the lynch result and find out who is true and who is a liar is key.

vornksr
July 31st, 2011, 06:58 PM
Narks claimed sheriff and accused Procyon of being mafia.
Then Crimson claimed sheriff and accused MrSmarter of being mafia.
Goon claimed sheriff and said Crimson is not suspicious.
MileS claimed investigator and said MrSmarter was an unspecified town role.
10-11 people voted up MrSmarter.
We argued a lot; Raiden announced that he had found another scum; Claw declared he had evidence against MileS.
MrSmarter claimed he was investigator; MileS confirmed that was what he saw.
Raiden claimed he was investigator, and Claw is the hooker.

A handful of people basically claimed citizen.

vornksr
July 31st, 2011, 07:00 PM
(A few addendums: for a while I argued very hard to lynch Procyon and not MrSmarter. I no longer stand by that position. When MrSmarter claimed investigator, he said that Auckmid showed up as citizen to him.)

Clawtrocity
July 31st, 2011, 07:02 PM
I figure telling the truth gets you killed so I might as well try to lie to stay alive.

Miles is 100% not investigator.

Raiden is probably investigator.

This means I was framed. Any amount of people could of wanted me framed to catch you off guard, but I assure you I am not the Hooker. The only reason I thought you were lying was because 1: I thought there was only 1 invest. 2: I thought it seemed fishy saying you had a name.

I can almost assure you one of the following people or multiple are on Orange Mafia whatever their name is

SAS, oops, narks, false, or jack

Others might randomly pick me, but they have a higher chance of trying to frame me.

I won't say what role I am because there's not need, but if you want to keep investing me to see that I'll show up as a different mafia each time then go ahead. Unless framers automatically make you look like a hooker for some reason. You could also have the Mason deal with me tonight. I'll either die to the mason or I'll be proven a town power role when I'm not turned into a Mason.

All I'm saying is there are other ways of dealing with me and I'm not the biggest threat. We potentially have the rest of an entire mafia or the cult right in front of us and you're more threatened by a guy who may potentially block an invest or two.

Seriously...Vote miles so I can hammer him.

Raiden
July 31st, 2011, 07:03 PM
From my perspective, he could be the other investigator, in which case everything he says makes perfect sense to me.

My perspective on who best to kill is about how much information it'll bring town. Let's look at the four cases:

Lynch MrSmarter, he's guilty. Then Crimson is good and MileS is bad.
Lynch MrSmarter, he's innocent. Then MileS is good, Crimson is probably bad, and you're bad so Claw is good.

Lynch Claw, he's guilty. You're good.
Lynch Claw, he's inno. You're bad.

Doing the first will tell us a lot more. We can always do Claw the next day.

But Claw should really tell us some more about himself right now...

Explain to me how i would be bad if MrSmarter is innocent. I am the first saying that MrSmarter has fairly high chances to be innocent, or at least a valuable asset to the town.
Also, there will be no proof that he was not framed until Clawtrocity dies, revealing his role, and if he's inno it was him who has been framed. Only then Crimson will be cleared by all the accusations.
Again, if you lynch MrSmarter, you are now lynching a power role which, if he is town, could be extremely useful. On the other hand, if i am wrong on Clawtrocity, not only you will know that i am a bad guy, but you also probably lynched a poorly played citizen.