PDA

View Full Version : Bodyguards are my new favorite roll in pubs =D

Voss
September 20th, 2012, 10:27 AM
SO. You get bodyguard and /sigh because all you do is protect someone from death and you die in their place. stupid right? Time to make things more interesting. Wifom jester and claim who you're going to attack, then protect that target.

Get called MVP BG CHAMP by pubs =)

creedkingsx
September 20th, 2012, 10:45 AM
Clever :o
I.am thoroughly impressed with your wifom

Voss
September 20th, 2012, 10:47 AM
it can also double as wifoming jester/veteran if you're obnoxious enough. no smart mafia would target you or that target with a 10 foot poll

Damus_Graves
September 20th, 2012, 10:55 AM
SO. You get bodyguard and /sigh because all you do is protect someone from death and you die in their place. stupid right? Time to make things more interesting. Wifom jester and claim who you're going to attack, then protect that target.

Thats pretty smart.

RLVG
September 20th, 2012, 12:15 PM
I'm just saying, Player 3, is a Doctor.
I thougth town wanted to know for my investigation.

[Protect Player 3]

Win, may even benefit town if the target really is a doctor - and by saying this information so bluntly that Mafia are likely to ignore him and attack a sepperate target.

If you get jailed, just say the truth that you're a bodyguard baiting by randomly saying a player is a very attractive role to kill - making it likely to kill one of the enemy killers.

Voss
September 20th, 2012, 12:25 PM
I'm just saying, Player 3, is a Doctor.
I thougth town wanted to know for my investigation.

[Protect Player 3]

Win, may even benefit town if the target really is a doctor - and by saying this information so bluntly that Mafia are likely to ignore him and attack a sepperate target.

If you get jailed, just say the truth that you're a bodyguard baiting by randomly saying a player is a very attractive role to kill - making it likely to kill one of the enemy killers.

stupid jailors could screw it up, yes -_-

Dmpk
September 20th, 2012, 12:39 PM
Rule of jailor : Jail someone each night. Execute that person. Win game.

Who pays attention to what is said in jail chat anyways, lies are to plentiful :). I can honestly say im right more than wrong

MissingNo
September 20th, 2012, 12:40 PM
I came to the realization awhile back that a BG who can be healed is one of the strongest roles possible.

All you should have to do is on day 1 explain that you are a BG and that the doc (assuming there is one on the role list) should heal you so you can kill the scum as well as protect people all game.

However, pubs are mind mindbogglingly bad so nearly every time I say this I die n1 and the doc was fingering his asshole or some shit.

MissingNo
September 20th, 2012, 12:41 PM
Generally at the end of the game when I ask the doc why he didn't heal me he says some dumb crap like "Cuz I heal whoever the fuck I want, kid".

BorkBot
September 20th, 2012, 01:04 PM
A problem with claiming early as bodyguard.. since Town Protective was added as a category, doctors are often not a confirmed role anymore.

That and anyone can claim bodyguard, so you might as well be lying.

Voss
September 20th, 2012, 01:13 PM
A problem with claiming early as bodyguard.. since Town Protective was added as a category, doctors are often not a confirmed role anymore.

i think its a valid strategy, as its not used. almost ever. at least i haven't seen that.

Xen
September 20th, 2012, 01:29 PM

This is how I've always played BG.

Example of my method:

PURPLE YOU FAGGOT
STFU
NEWB SHIT
YOU SUCK AT THIS GAME
U DIE TONIGHT
GEEK IDIOT
L2P NUB
ENJOY

"You died defending your target."

I play MM this way too when I don't have host and some newb host makes MM possible. First time I played MM, I killed 8 players getting them to visit someone n1.

MissingNo
September 20th, 2012, 01:38 PM

Except:

1) I said that I did it when doctor was confirmed.

2) N1 the doctor has no real lead with who to heal. If they heal someone random, they may end up healing a maf/neut anyways. So why wouldn't you take a chance on the guy that claims BG day1?

Claiming BG day 1 is unlikely for a scum since unless you are doing something like the plan I have outlined, then the BG makes themselves a very vulnerable target. Town recognizes this and then a BG claim would be suspicious so mafia wouldn't claim it so openly and strategically.

Also, from the towns point of view, you can have a sheriff check them (me) out at any time.

Chane
September 23rd, 2012, 03:31 AM
smart but I don't understand it completely o ,o