PDA

View Full Version : The Amazing Requirement to Win Jester

RLVG
September 16th, 2012, 08:14 AM

The only role I need is a Jester, and I suck at Jester so badly.

I'm using 100s of different strategies, yet Town is so stupid to lynch anyone but me.
I visit none so that Jester is not confirmed, or I visit dying players so they detect me as a killer.

For example :
Town Random 2X, claim Spy to the Jailor.
2X Random were confirmed with several doctors, invests and sheriffs that are dead.

Spy not possible.

Example 2 :
Claim Invest, and see it's not possible - still not lynched, because for whatever reason the Neutral Benign is a survivor and must be lynched.

Example 3 : Claim Coroner, when no Janitor is around.

Example 4 : Be completely AFK from the game and see if they suspect me, nope.

Give me your extremely helpfull advice so I can get all roles, lol.

Damus_Graves
September 16th, 2012, 08:24 AM
if your in a dumb pub game claim vigi d2 and say X is immune.

Gzz
September 16th, 2012, 08:33 AM
Well , accuse someone as sherrif, generally pubs rage nad kill the accuser

Lazers
September 16th, 2012, 08:34 AM
just AFK more often

that's the best jester tactic

No one will probably try to kill you, and town will usually decide to lynch you because you're afk or you're not answering questions. Your GF pairing in most setups makes this easy as fuck

CmG
September 16th, 2012, 08:38 AM
28K points and no jester win? Point hacker spotted... No one can be so bad.

Chane
September 16th, 2012, 08:41 AM
call someobody out as mafia d2, misslynch and do it again d3

if a maf member is on trial you should inno him.

28k no jester win? I call bullshit

Chane
September 16th, 2012, 08:42 AM
call somebody out as mafia d2, misslynch and do it again d3

if a maf member is on trial you should inno him.

28k no jester win? I call bullshit

Tensa
September 16th, 2012, 08:45 AM
Speak french . Best tactic

Damus_Graves
September 16th, 2012, 08:47 AM
Speak french . Best tactic

Any Language but English on English servers is a good tactic. but mafia might get pissy.

Tensa
September 16th, 2012, 08:57 AM
All players hate french :D and name as "La Baguette" in blue white red it works good

RLVG
September 16th, 2012, 09:03 AM
no jester win?
No one can be so bad.

Jester is not exactly commonly gained at an average.

I usualy get killed N1, or jailed / executed.
Sometimes I blame myself playing too smart on a dumb town.

And even with the ability to -prefer, it's rare to get. :P

Don't forget the setups that ban Neutral Benign, or players mass preffering Neutral Benign roles like Executioner, Amnesiac, Survivor and etc - granting them a larger chance to get the role slot.

Hell, would you believe me if I keep meeting Failors?
"I'm a citizen. Don't execute and instead see if anyone gets killed. You may ask an investigator to check on me to confirm I'm a citizen."
EXECUTE

Again, I died N1 as a jester, lol.

Chane
September 16th, 2012, 09:08 AM
call yourself: -prefer serial killer, godfather, arsonist, massmurder

and say: shit... when you enter a game.

Damus_Graves
September 16th, 2012, 09:23 AM
Lol dont do that. thats way to obvious.

Chane
September 16th, 2012, 09:38 AM
I just got in a game with you and you did get killed n1 LOL

100 points from roulette. nice one.

RLVG
September 16th, 2012, 10:00 AM
I just got in a game with you and you did get killed n1 LOL

100 points from roulette. nice one.

And that's how I get so many points. :P
But yeah, dying N1 is fucking lame.

Jr4life24
September 16th, 2012, 10:02 AM
How you win as jester.
Claim citizen on day 3/4 with noob town. Watch them think your godfather.
GG
To avoid jailors before then. Claim invest or Sheriff.

That's how i won mine.

Blazer
September 16th, 2012, 10:19 AM
Claim investigator, out someone as possible mafia, watch them flip town. Claim they were framed, watch the lynching begin.

1 of many ploys

Jim
September 16th, 2012, 10:33 AM
My exec tactic is to claim lookout and say the townie only one to go to dead guy.
As jester it comes so naturally to me that I really don't have a set plan.

Cryptonic
September 16th, 2012, 10:41 AM
If there is a kill missing night one, wait for someone to say "thank you doc" and be like:

I'm Vigilante, I shot x and he was immune to attacks.

then everyone will say you're sk (or gf, depending what which attack was missing), and lynch you.

Xen
September 16th, 2012, 12:45 PM

The only role I need is a Jester, and I suck at Jester so badly.

I'm using 100s of different strategies, yet Town is so stupid to lynch anyone but me.
I visit none so that Jester is not confirmed, or I visit dying players so they detect me as a killer.

For example :
Town Random 2X, claim Spy to the Jailor.
2X Random were confirmed with several doctors, invests and sheriffs that are dead.

Spy not possible.

Example 2 :
Claim Invest, and see it's not possible - still not lynched, because for whatever reason the Neutral Benign is a survivor and must be lynched.

Example 3 : Claim Coroner, when no Janitor is around.

Example 4 : Be completely AFK from the game and see if they suspect me, nope.

Give me your extremely helpfull advice so I can get all roles, lol.

Umm, instructions:

On the name selection, type:

-Xen

Then, go afk.

Auto-win d2 if the jailor doesn't execute you.

creedkingsx
September 16th, 2012, 02:15 PM
Jester takes an art to win as. To do it well, anyway. Most pub games these days, it's as easy as calling Vigilante Day 2 and saying you shot person x and they didn't die.

Voss
September 16th, 2012, 02:16 PM
Jester takes an art to win as. To do it well, anyway. Most pub games these days, it's as easy as calling Vigilante Day 2 and saying you shot person x and they didn't die.

this only works if the pub knows that mechanic.

creedkingsx
September 16th, 2012, 02:24 PM
this only works if the pub knows that mechanic.

I like to fuck with pubs and tell them that mechanic and give the jester the easy win. :D

Damus_Graves
September 16th, 2012, 02:27 PM
Hey Boss, do you remember that ranked game where i used this tactic and got outed as jester?

Voss
September 16th, 2012, 03:42 PM
good times =D you didnt let up either.

creedkingsx
September 16th, 2012, 03:44 PM
Back when Ranked games were a thing for that oh so short period of time? bahaha

Damus_Graves
September 16th, 2012, 03:45 PM
good times =D you didnt let up either.

Lol. yeah. good times.

Back when Ranked games were a thing for that oh so short period of time? bahaha

lol yeah.

Voss
September 16th, 2012, 04:09 PM
ranked games are fun. its just not worth 3 hours of recruitment for one game.

Slaol
September 16th, 2012, 04:10 PM
There is a lot of WIFOM ways that can be gone about, I am sure. But take it from someone who isn't as good at WIFOM...
Just don't pick a name, don't annoy, and don't speak until put on trial.
Then say this.
"Random lynch, ftw. Coroner here."
Guaranteed lynch.

hansol93
September 17th, 2012, 05:47 AM
An easy way I found worked almost all the time I play jester is that I usually just randomly call out someone on d2 and say "oh __ is ___(maf/sk/cult/etc.) and HOPEFULLY town will vote lynch, in which case I'm sure if they're town they'll come up with some elaborate reasoning as to why they are townie and not evil. At that point, don't back down, keep on the attack, seeming almost desperate, but not quite. Just determined to get the kill. Also helps to claim "lynch me if I'm wrong." Now one of four common instances may happen:

1. Successful lynching, lynched is townie. Town freaks out and say "alright *profanity* get this *profanity* next turn. Hope to stay alive.
2. Successful lynching, lynched is evil. In which case, you're ALMOST screwed always, because town will have your trust from then on. Best tactic is to never give out another lead, and hope someone will have the brains to call BS on you at some point in the near future while you're still relevant in the game.
3. Unsuccessful lynch, lynchee provided enough evidence, hope it backfires on you, such as the lynchee being Spy, Mayor, etc. Very indestructible argument as to why they cannot be evil, get rage lynched in return.
4. Unsuccessful lynch, lynchee provided enough evidence, townie ignores you for the rest of the game, in suspicion of you indeed being a jester, game over.

But hey, that is just me... This tactic has worked time and time again, before my points reset due to reinstalling the game on a new hard drive, I had numerous jester wins, and this tactic helped. I know it's simple and frankly stupid sounding, but trust me, no offense many people will fall for it.

Damus_Graves
September 17th, 2012, 08:28 AM
Thats a very generic way of getting lynched.

Sometimes for kicks and giggles i name myself

TheRiddler

and talk only in riddles or condescending tones.
As a Jester i get lynched a lot with that.

Gzz
September 17th, 2012, 08:32 AM
The most successuful tatict who ever tried ( it workerd with a setup where was a d1 lynch ) is speak another leanguage , obliuvsly after choosed a themed name , i did by calling myself "persona molesta" and speaking in latin , after thath all town was on me and i won with no WIFOM

Chane
September 17th, 2012, 12:04 PM
Umm, instructions:

On the name selection, type:

-Xen

Then, go afk.

Auto-win d2 if the jailor doesn't execute you.

he plays on EU.

Glip
September 17th, 2012, 07:40 PM
There are many ways to go about obtaining a Jester win, but every single one of them revolves around one central idea:

Draw attention to yourself.

This is the central component to any Jester victory, and without this, you will not win as a Jester. The finesse of a Jester comes in how to balance the right kinds of attention that you draw to yourself. There are two main categories of attention:

Day Attention: The Lynch Vote (desirable)
Night Attention: The Kill Shot (usually undesirable)

The multiple strategies in playing towards a Jester victory involve drawing different combinations of these two attentions, with different difficulties and chances of success.

Strategy One: The "Obvious Jester"

You know this jester. You see him in almost every game. In fact, in most pub games, you'll see him even when there isn't even an actual jester in the game. This is the guy that spams random junk all day, claims to be the Godfather, and begs to be lynched. He'll wildly defend and vote innocent on all the mafia members, and guilty on everyone else. He'll NEVER shut up. While this does draw the attention of the town, it's so widely recognized as a pure Jester ploy that they'll tend to be reluctant to lynch the Obvious Jester and instead direct the vigilante/jailor/sk/maf to kill him at night.

Pros:

Very high attention draw
Very easy to execute

Cons:

Tends to draw night attention more than day attention
Is easily recognized as a jester strategy, resulting in a reluctancy to lynch

Given the high propensity of this strategy to draw the kill shot instead of the lynch vote, it is inadvisable to try this strategy. However, you may get lucky and find that one town that doesn't care and just wants to shut you up as quickly as possible, and lynches you anyway. It should be noted that this strategy may have a higher success rate if you claim your mafia accomplices as well, in addition to yourself being mafia. It seems people are more willing nowadays to accuse someone of game-throwing, and the game-throwing rage is more likely to illicit a lynch than a night shot.

Strategy Rating: ☼

Strategy Two: The "AFK Jester"

The easiest of all the strategies to execute, this jester does exactly what the name implies. He AFK's. The entire game. Never talks, never votes, never visits anyone. While it may seem that this would not tend to draw attention to you, the inverse is in fact true, depending on the activity of the rest of the players. The more active everyone else is in the game, the more attention the AFK Jester draws to himself. The act of lurking implies scumminess to town members, and will likely draw them to vote you to the stand. AFK'ing on the stand is almost a guaranteed lynch, among the cries of "No role? Guilty!" and the sarcastic "best defense ever."

Pros:

Once voted to the stand, almost always results in a lynch
More likely to imply that you are real scum instead of Jester
The EASIEST of all strategies to execute

Cons:

If the rest of the town is afk and lurking too, which happens often, you are liable to not be noticed, and not be voted.
Vigilantes tend to shoot for those who don't talk much, as lurking is a common scum ploy.
What fun is there to be had in doing nothing?
Cannot be used in FM's, as you will just be modkilled.

This strategy has a higher success rate than the Obvious Jester, and is even easier to execute, but it's simply no fun to do as you just sit there and do nothing. It'll also get you modkilled in FM's. I can never suggest this strategy to anyone, as I believe the fun of the game comes from the day chat, and so everyone should always be encouraged. However, the ease of execution and success rate do merit it a second star.

Strategy Rating: ☼☼

Strategy Three: The "Executioner"

Next to the Obvious Jester, this is the Jester that you see most often. You know the type. He claims a town power role with a suspicious result on a random towny, forces a mislynch, and then hopes to get lynched the next day. He may even slip in the key phrase "If I'm wrong, lynch me tomorrow." This is the first of all the strategies that can utilize any sort of finessing at all. There is some skill in determining which PR to claim, which suspicious result to have, and which towny to accuse. Get a mafia lynched, and the town just might end up believing you're town for the rest of the game. Worse yet, the mafia may believe that you're actually a PR too, and choose to pick you off at night.

Pros:

More likely to draw day attention than night attention
Actually some sort of skill involved to execute correctly (I list this as a pro as it makes the strategy more enjoyable to execute)
Likely to draw the attention of both a framer and an investigative role, resulting in an easy self-lynch.
Can be more associated with an Executioner ploy than a Jester ploy, making it easier to get a self-lynch after the mislynch.

Cons:

Can extremely backfire with a wrong execution, resulting in an almost guaranteed loss.
Random chance is a factor in successful execution.
Still recognized widely as a Jester ploy, making town reluctant to lynch you.

Overall I'm not a big fan of this strategy either. It's too easy to screw up and either make town think you're jester or that you're town. It does however get credit for being a strategy that there is some skill in executing. I'd give it a 2.5, but I can't do half a star, so it'll round up to 3.

Strategy Rating: ☼☼☼

Strategy Four: The Misclaimer

This Jester tries to act like a bad mafia player, and can manifest itself in a number of different ways. This Jester will play the game rather inobtrusively until backed into a corner and forced to make a role claim. The most common is probably the "Citizen" claim, when Citizens are excluded, acting like a newbie Godfather. Other times, he may claim some PR with unsubstantiated/unprovable/disprovable night actions. While harder to pull off successfully, this strategy probably has one of the higher success rates. It's not recognized as a Jester ploy, so town will be quite happy to denounce you as scum and lynch you.

Pros:

Higher success rate when correctly executed
Less reliance on random chance
Not widely recognized as a Jester ploy
First WIFOM-based strategy

Cons:

Harder to execute successfully
Bad executions can draw night attention

This is one of my more likeable strategies simply because there is a modest amount of skill required to pull it off successfully, and when you do, there is a higher success rate. This one receives a solid 3-star rating from me.

Strategy Five: The WIFOM Shroud

This is my personal favorite, and the hardest of all strategies listed here to pull off successfully. This strategy revolves around the construction of a complex WIFOM shroud. This result is in essence the combination of three basic mafia strategies:

Citizen WIFOMing Town PR: Fairly basic Citizen ploy. You want to get shot instead of the real Town PR's.
Mafia WIFOMing Citizen: Also a fairly basic ploy. You want to look pro-town while not having night actions to explain away and while hiding within the most common role in the game.
Jester WIFOMing Mafia: Duh. Most basic ploy of all.

In the end, you've created the four-tiered WIFOM shroud of a Jester WIFOMing Mafia WIFOMing Citizen WIFOMing Town PR.

This risky ploy involves playing very pro-town. You try your best to look like you have the town's best interest at heart and contribute actively in scum-hunting, while not ever actually contributing any useful night action information or claiming an exact role until you absolutely have to, and then claiming the role that Mafia would most commonly claim under the circumstances (usually Citizen). The hardest part of this WIFOM shroud is to have the Mafia come to the end conclusion of you being a Citizen WIFOMing Town PR and thus not worth shooting, while the town, in its paranoia, delves one level deeper, thinking that you are truly a Mafia WIFOMing Citizen, without ever penetrating that last level of the WIFOM shroud and realizing you for the Jester you truly are. Performing classic Citizen slips (making it obvious that you are trying to WIFOM Town PR and get shot) can aid in this endeavour.

Pros:

Not at all recognized as a Jester ploy
Exciting and enjoyable to execute
Involves high game participation

Cons:

Extremely difficult to pull off
Relies on accurate judging of opponents' ability to unravel WIFOM shrouds.
Hard to implement in short time frames

This strategy is overall unlikely to succeed in SC2 Mafia. Not only will you not have the time to think through and type out the necessary stratagems to construct your WIFOM shroud, but your average opponent won't arrive at the desired WIFOM-piercing solution, resulting in Mafia shooting you at night and/or the town believing that you are truly town. I've only seen this strategy implemented once, by myself, in FM XIV, so I can't speak for its true success rate. However, given that this strategy intices the highest level of gamer participation, that the difficulty presents a real, exciting, and enjoyable challenge, and that it can then be adapted for higher levels of intellectual pursuit in applying it to Forum Mafia games, I believe this role merits a higher star rating. Not a perfect 5, but still a 4 nonetheless.

Strategy Rating: ☼☼☼☼

Bruno
September 17th, 2012, 07:47 PM
There are many ways to go about obtaining a Jester win, but every single one of them revolves around one central idea:

Draw attention to yourself.

This is the central component to any Jester victory, and without this, you will not win as a Jester. The finesse of a Jester comes in how to balance the right kinds of attention that you draw to yourself. There are two main categories of attention:

Day Attention: The Lynch Vote (desirable)
Night Attention: The Kill Shot (usually undesirable)

The multiple strategies in playing towards a Jester victory involve drawing different combinations of these two attentions, with different difficulties and chances of success.

Strategy One: The "Obvious Jester"

You know this jester. You see him in almost every game. In fact, in most pub games, you'll see him even when there isn't even an actual jester in the game. This is the guy that spams random junk all day, claims to be the Godfather, and begs to be lynched. He'll wildly defend and vote innocent on all the mafia members, and guilty on everyone else. He'll NEVER shut up. While this does draw the attention of the town, it's so widely recognized as a pure Jester ploy that they'll tend to be reluctant to lynch the Obvious Jester and instead direct the vigilante/jailor/sk/maf to kill him at night.

Pros:

Very high attention draw
Very easy to execute

Cons:

Tends to draw night attention more than day attention
Is easily recognized as a jester strategy, resulting in a reluctancy to lynch

Given the high propensity of this strategy to draw the kill shot instead of the lynch vote, it is inadvisable to try this strategy. However, you may get lucky and find that one town that doesn't care and just wants to shut you up as quickly as possible, and lynches you anyway. It should be noted that this strategy may have a higher success rate if you claim your mafia accomplices as well, in addition to yourself being mafia. It seems people are more willing nowadays to accuse someone of game-throwing, and the game-throwing rage is more likely to illicit a lynch than a night shot.

Strategy Rating: ☼

Strategy Two: The "AFK Jester"

The easiest of all the strategies to execute, this jester does exactly what the name implies. He AFK's. The entire game. Never talks, never votes, never visits anyone. While it may seem that this would not tend to draw attention to you, the inverse is in fact true, depending on the activity of the rest of the players. The more active everyone else is in the game, the more attention the AFK Jester draws to himself. The act of lurking implies scumminess to town members, and will likely draw them to vote you to the stand. AFK'ing on the stand is almost a guaranteed lynch, among the cries of "No role? Guilty!" and the sarcastic "best defense ever."

Pros:

Once voted to the stand, almost always results in a lynch
More likely to imply that you are real scum instead of Jester
The EASIEST of all strategies to execute

Cons:

If the rest of the town is afk and lurking too, which happens often, you are liable to not be noticed, and not be voted.
Vigilantes tend to shoot for those who don't talk much, as lurking is a common scum ploy.
What fun is there to be had in doing nothing?
Cannot be used in FM's, as you will just be modkilled.

This strategy has a higher success rate than the Obvious Jester, and is even easier to execute, but it's simply no fun to do as you just sit there and do nothing. It'll also get you modkilled in FM's. I can never suggest this strategy to anyone, as I believe the fun of the game comes from the day chat, and so everyone should always be encouraged. However, the ease of execution and success rate do merit it a second star.

Strategy Rating: ☼☼

Strategy Three: The "Executioner"

Next to the Obvious Jester, this is the Jester that you see most often. You know the type. He claims a town power role with a suspicious result on a random towny, forces a mislynch, and then hopes to get lynched the next day. He may even slip in the key phrase "If I'm wrong, lynch me tomorrow." This is the first of all the strategies that can utilize any sort of finessing at all. There is some skill in determining which PR to claim, which suspicious result to have, and which towny to accuse. Get a mafia lynched, and the town just might end up believing you're town for the rest of the game. Worse yet, the mafia may believe that you're actually a PR too, and choose to pick you off at night.

Pros:

More likely to draw day attention than night attention
Actually some sort of skill involved to execute correctly (I list this as a pro as it makes the strategy more enjoyable to execute)
Likely to draw the attention of both a framer and an investigative role, resulting in an easy self-lynch.
Can be more associated with an Executioner ploy than a Jester ploy, making it easier to get a self-lynch after the mislynch.

Cons:

Can extremely backfire with a wrong execution, resulting in an almost guaranteed loss.
Random chance is a factor in successful execution.
Still recognized widely as a Jester ploy, making town reluctant to lynch you.

Overall I'm not a big fan of this strategy either. It's too easy to screw up and either make town think you're jester or that you're town. It does however get credit for being a strategy that there is some skill in executing. I'd give it a 2.5, but I can't do half a star, so it'll round up to 3.

Strategy Four: The Misclaimer

This Jester tries to act like a bad mafia player, and can manifest itself in a number of different ways. This Jester will play the game rather inobtrusively until backed into a corner and forced to make a role claim. The most common is probably the "Citizen" claim, when Citizens are excluded, acting like a newbie Godfather. Other times, he may claim some PR with unsubstantiated/unprovable/disprovable night actions. While harder to pull off successfully, this strategy probably has one of the higher success rates. It's not recognized as a Jester ploy, so town will be quite happy to denounce you as scum and lynch you.

Pros:

Higher success rate when correctly executed
Less reliance on random chance
Not widely recognized as a Jester ploy
First WIFOM-based strategy

Cons:

Harder to execute successfully
Bad executions can draw night attention

This is one of my more likeable strategies simply because there is a modest amount of skill required to pull it off successfully, and when you do, there is a higher success rate. This one receives a solid 3-star rating from me.

Strategy Five: The WIFOM Shroud

This is my personal favorite, and the hardest of all strategies listed here to pull off successfully. This strategy revolves around the construction of a complex WIFOM shroud. This result is in essence the combination of three basic mafia strategies:

Citizen WIFOMing Town PR: Fairly basic Citizen ploy. You want to get shot instead of the real Town PR's.
Mafia WIFOMing Citizen: Also a fairly basic ploy. You want to look pro-town while not having night actions to explain away and while hiding within the most common role in the game.
Jester WIFOMing Mafia: Duh. Most basic ploy of all.

In the end, you've created the four-tiered WIFOM shroud of a Jester WIFOMing Mafia WIFOMing Citizen WIFOMing Town PR.

This risky ploy involves playing very pro-town. You try your best to look like you have the town's best interest at heart and contribute actively in scum-hunting, while not ever actually contributing any useful night action information or claiming an exact role until you absolutely have to, and then claiming the role that Mafia would most commonly claim under the circumstances (usually Citizen). The hardest part of this WIFOM shroud is to have the Mafia come to the end conclusion of you being a Citizen WIFOMing Town PR and thus not worth shooting, while the town, in its paranoia, delves one level deeper, thinking that you are truly a Mafia WIFOMing Citizen, without ever penetrating that last level of the WIFOM shroud and realizing you for the Jester you truly are. Performing classic Citizen slips (making it obvious that you are trying to WIFOM Town PR and get shot) can aid in this endeavour.

Pros:

Not at all recognized as a Jester ploy
Exciting and enjoyable to execute
Involves high game participation

Cons:

Extremely difficult to pull off
Relies on accurate judging of opponents' ability to unravel WIFOM shrouds.
Hard to implement in short time frames

This strategy is overall unlikely to succeed in SC2 Mafia. Not only will you not have the time to think through and type out the necessary stratagems to construct your WIFOM shroud, but your average opponent won't arrive at the desired WIFOM-piercing solution, resulting in Mafia shooting you at night and/or the town believing that you are truly town. I've only seen this strategy implemented once, by myself, in FM XIV, so I can't speak for its true success rate. However, given that this strategy intices the highest level of gamer participation, that the difficulty presents a real, exciting, and enjoyable challenge, and that it can then be adapted for higher levels of intellectual pursuit in applying it to Forum Mafia games, I believe this role merits a higher star rating. Not a perfect 5, but still a 4 nonetheless.

Strategy Rating: ☼☼☼☼

Try hard

Damus_Graves
September 17th, 2012, 07:59 PM
Glip by openly stating your Jester tactics. They become known Jester ploys

Glip
September 17th, 2012, 08:03 PM
Glip by openly stating your Jester tactics. They become known Jester ploys

Known, yes. Recognized? Not so much. Nothing I stated wasn't already previously known by the public to have been employed as a Jester strategy.

Blazer
September 17th, 2012, 08:05 PM
Known, yes. Recognized? Not so much. Nothing I stated wasn't already previously known by the public to have been employed as a Jester strategy.

Jester is EZ mode.

Damus_Graves
September 17th, 2012, 08:06 PM
You want a hard role to win with?
Cult against sk mafia arson and MM at the same time.

Blazer
September 17th, 2012, 08:07 PM
You want a hard role to win with?
Cult against sk mafia arson and MM at the same time.

Just Arson period. lol

Glip
September 17th, 2012, 08:08 PM
Just Arson period. lol

Arson is only fun in pairs.

Watch the sparks fly!

Blazer
September 17th, 2012, 08:09 PM
Arson is only fun in pairs.

Watch the sparks fly!

Agreed. When I was Arson in MFM i was lonely...just the stupid cult and mafia and town...i needed a comrade...

J
September 19th, 2012, 06:50 AM
Generally the most effective way I've found is to claim an impossible role early on in the game. "Smart" townies will take note and call you on it = Lynch.

Chane
September 19th, 2012, 07:49 AM
here is a great comeback strat:

"GG no RE"

this strat revolves around a situation which is detrimental to a certain faction. lets say the mafia just got 2 of their members exe'd and the natural killer died as well. you can claim to be the last mobmember and request lynching to get it over with. this will in most cases get you lynched. just state "GG wp" in the chat and talk about how one of your mob members did really well/or bad and it was unlucky that town won so quickly.

Pro's:
-provides a comeback on an otherwise lost game. (you lose if your not lynched)
-very high success rate, especially with no set jester or nat bengin in the set-up. (from random any is best)
-very easy to execute
-very fast, you can perform this in a matter of 10-20 seconds

cons:
-if a jester or nat beng is set and you have some smart players in the game they will call you obvious jester.
-sometimes results in town skipping to let the vigi/jailor handle it

but then... WIFOM! you could be a the last mafia member faking jester to be ignored.

my Rating: ♠♠♠

Fallacy
September 19th, 2012, 09:22 AM
The most satisfying win in this game is jester because you have so much freedom that it's an art.

Damus_Graves
September 19th, 2012, 09:29 AM
The most satisfying win in this game is jester because you have so much freedom that it's an art.

Personally i like executioner more so.
But only because it requires rallying the town against your target

Xen
September 19th, 2012, 01:19 PM
he plays on EU.

Okay, fine.

I just finished this game.

It works without "-Xen" too...

... This is the world we live in.

Voss
September 19th, 2012, 07:43 PM
here is a great comeback strat:

"GG no RE"

this strat revolves around a situation which is detrimental to a certain faction. lets say the mafia just got 2 of their members exe'd and the natural killer died as well. you can claim to be the last mobmember and request lynching to get it over with. this will in most cases get you lynched. just state "GG wp" in the chat and talk about how one of your mob members did really well/or bad and it was unlucky that town won so quickly.

Pro's:
-provides a comeback on an otherwise lost game. (you lose if your not lynched)
-very high success rate, especially with no set jester or nat bengin in the set-up. (from random any is best)
-very easy to execute
-very fast, you can perform this in a matter of 10-20 seconds

cons:
-if a jester or nat beng is set and you have some smart players in the game they will call you obvious jester.
-sometimes results in town skipping to let the vigi/jailor handle it

but then... WIFOM! you could be a the last mafia member faking jester to be ignored.

my Rating: ♠♠♠

then you get vigi shotted.

Force20
September 19th, 2012, 09:53 PM
Generally the most effective way I've found is to claim an impossible role early on in the game. "Smart" townies will take note and call you on it = Lynch.

Citizen is a nice claim. Many godfathers claim citizens and will lynch you.

Doctor/Sheriff claim is also quite nice.

Survivor is also a situational claim for jesters. Town would think you're a witch/evil amnesiac

Chane
September 20th, 2012, 10:43 AM
then you get vigi shotted.

that's a risk yes, but pubs are incompetent and don't want to wait till night, they will lynch you if there is no suspicion of a jester being a direct thread atm

Damus_Graves
September 20th, 2012, 10:53 AM
that's a risk yes, but pubs are incompetent and don't want to wait till night, they will lynch you if there is no suspicion of a jester being a direct thread atm

It actually an uneeded risk.
If town knows they have a killing role they will just use them to kill you

Chane
September 20th, 2012, 11:09 AM
It actually an uneeded risk.
If town knows they have a killing role they will just use them to kill you

pubs. they trust nobody, and they would rather lynch somebody then to skip it "so town killing can do other stuff"

Damus_Graves
September 20th, 2012, 11:10 AM
pubs. they trust nobody, and they would rather lynch somebody then to skip it "so town killing can do other stuff"

I want to be in your games then...