PDA

View Full Version : Standard Ranked Day 2 Neutral wins.

Shellow
September 13th, 2012, 01:59 PM
In the last 7-8 games of Standard Ranked i have played, a player will claim sheriff day 2 and say that X is maf and X gets lynched.
Every time, the "sheriff" is an exe. And every time, town loses because of neutrals like jester/witch/exe making things easier for the witch.

I don't play ranked anymore because of this sole reason, You can't tell the difference between the Sheriff and the Executioner because they exe doesn't need to live until the end, so he can just go rampart asap.

Am i the only one hating ranked games because of this? Some times i'm the target and some times i'm not but i always say that the guy is exe and they always lynch anyway, i'm becoming pants on head crazy because of this.

Opinions?

Cryptonic
September 13th, 2012, 02:00 PM
If you're an executioner target, have a better defense.

Damus_Graves
September 13th, 2012, 02:34 PM
It happens so much more in pub games.
but then again i've never been outed as jester and still get lynched in pub before

Voss
September 13th, 2012, 02:41 PM
for this sole reason, i make it so exec has to survive till the end and say, lynch the sheriff if wrong. that way, the exec doesnt win and is forced to come out

Damus_Graves
September 13th, 2012, 02:42 PM
for this sole reason, i make it so exec has to survive till the end and say, lynch the sheriff if wrong. that way, the exec doesnt win and is forced to come out

If survive to the end is on, exe needs to be night immune. otherwise it's almost 100% impossible to win.

Voss
September 13th, 2012, 02:50 PM
why would mafia kill confirmed exec thats not scum hunting?

Damus_Graves
September 13th, 2012, 02:51 PM
why would mafia kill confirmed exec thats not scum hunting?

you would be surprised.

either they don't pay attention to everything or they get a free kill.

Sk and Arson have done this as well. it's utterly idiotic but there ya go.

creedkingsx
September 13th, 2012, 03:45 PM
People still listen to the bullshit sheriff claim on d2? I thought that was wiped out from metagame a long time ago. Shame on you and the town for listening to an obvious exercise ploy

Bluejay
September 13th, 2012, 03:47 PM
Man, is like every other thread in this forum about how pubs are dumb?

Damus_Graves
September 13th, 2012, 03:48 PM
Man, is like every other thread in this forum about how pubs are dumb?

this wasn't pub. it was ranked if the OP is truthful.

Bluejay
September 13th, 2012, 03:50 PM
this wasn't pub. it was ranked if the OP is truthful.

True, but even then, do regular pubs play ranked games from time to time? Maybe I shouldn't be making these statements since I haven't played the game in months.

Damus_Graves
September 13th, 2012, 03:51 PM
True, but even then, do regular pubs play ranked games from time to time? Maybe I shouldn't be making these statements since I haven't played the game in months.

all my ranked games have been more or less non-pub like.

creedkingsx
September 13th, 2012, 03:59 PM
All my ranked have been pub crazy with people who think they are good

Blazer
September 13th, 2012, 04:54 PM
That's horrible. You sir, are a host that I dislike.
Just defend yourself better. You realize mafia can WIFOM exe right ^.^

Damus_Graves
September 13th, 2012, 04:55 PM
That's horrible. You sir, are a host that I dislike.
Just defend yourself better. You realize mafia can WIFOM exe right ^.^

this is one of the reasons i dont require exe's to survive to the end

Blazer
September 13th, 2012, 04:55 PM
this is one of the reasons i dont require exe's to survive to the end

Me either. That's just cruel...especially w/o night immunity. I greatly dislike those hosts...

Force20
September 13th, 2012, 05:02 PM
a player will claim sheriff day 2

Someone claimed sheriff day 2...you know how likely that sheriff made a legitimate claim? Either he is an executioner, there's a framer in the game, or the sheriff was damn lucky. If you are even ON trial, come up with a better defense.

That being said, is the executioner's target only town-aligned? If so...

Suggested options are:

Becomes jester upon failure = on

Immune at night = on

Target is always town-aligned = off

Must survive to the end = off

Blazer
September 13th, 2012, 05:03 PM
Someone claimed sheriff day 2...you know how likely that sheriff made a legitimate claim? Either he is an executioner, there's a framer in the game, or the sheriff was damn lucky. If you are even ON trial, come up with a better defense.

That being said, is the executioner's target only town-aligned?

Sometimes Im sheriff and get maf night 1.

Damus_Graves
September 13th, 2012, 05:05 PM
There are times when im lookout i'll claim sheriff to get more solid votes on someone.

Force20
September 13th, 2012, 05:06 PM
Sometimes Im sheriff and get maf night 1.

Edited my post.

Anyways, there's 3 maf and you're playing against 14 people. The likelyhood of you finding a mafia person is 3/14, which is pretty low. The likelyhood you will find ANY scum is probably 7/16 (this is assuming sk, arson, mm, and cult is thrown into the mix) which is kinda high.

Damus_Graves
September 13th, 2012, 05:09 PM
don't look at it in the form of odds when not talking about FM's.

in sc2 mafia there are ways of finding scum d1 or n1.

Blazer
September 13th, 2012, 05:15 PM
don't look at it in the form of odds when not talking about FM's.

in sc2 mafia there are ways of finding scum d1 or n1.

This. Scum tells GG. Thats how I find whole mafia and outed them each day once. They were like "YOU LUCKY!" and raging.