PDA

View Full Version : Night One

TheJackofSpades
July 28th, 2011, 10:28 PM
Greeting and salutations,

Two things:
1) I am going to wait until you both have the chance to express your opinion on the ever important first night kill, once we have properly discussed it I will cast my vote. I'm fairly active and have plenty of free time so if we need to we can pretty much hold off until the deadline if we really needed to.

2) While this may place me at a disadvantage later, I will be quite blunt in saying I have no intention of pulling punches against the cult. I will not accept the "it's to our advantage to hope we get culted" ideology displayed somewhat by the corleones last game.

With that said, it will be a pleasure working with you two. Quite an interesting team we've got.

Raiden
July 29th, 2011, 12:31 AM
Thank you Jack, it will be a pleasure working with you, and with Zack of course. I remember when i said i wanted to be in team with you, i guess my wish has been granted, lol. Let's not waste the opportunity. The team has great potential!

So, here's what i think:
1) I also have A LOT of free time to spend on the forums, however i'm european. I don't know about Zack, but i and you have around 5-8 hours offset, i think. I'll try my best to be present when there are important matter to discuss real-time.

2) I completely agree with this, both because it would not be "honest" and because we risk the fate of the massino. And i'm sure we don't want that to happen.

As for who we kill tonight, i suggest we avoid the presumably obvious targets, such as spy (common hatred from everyone), narks (previous cult leader), oops (previous culted godfather), clawtrocity (central figure in the last game). The others are all fair game at the moment. My eyes are set on Goonswarm, who i believe is a good player and will mean trouble later on if he has got a power role.

I would also like to investigate Clawtrocity. His mind games are dangerous, i think we would do better if we know more than the others when the time comes to make decisions.

Moreover, we should start planning a defense for each one of us. With two sheriffs and two invests, life will be hard in Cosenza.

TheJackofSpades
July 29th, 2011, 08:57 AM
Hmm the EU time difference will be a little tricky. I'll try and keep my posts more active in the morning as much as I can. I don't think it will but if this game goes past August 18th, I think most of our communication will probably be during my morning hours before and after my 10 am class.

Anyway, on to business.

I agree with your inclination, if the new protection power roles include prominent players from the last game, it is more likely they will protect people who made a splash last game. Goonswarm is a tough call because he's gotten screwed in two mafia games so far so in the slimmest of circumstances there may be a high likelihood of him being protected(someone that likes him protecting him for that reason alone).

I think the safest bet for a kill right now is probably anyone unknown to the game, Crimson, Illidan, Severn, Yayap, vornksr, Ganondorf, Northstar.

They've all got relatively low post counts however, with the exception being NorthStar who has over 100. Pretty meta, I know, but I'd say with certainty that it's a safe first kill that guarantees at least some return in taking out an active player.

If you guys really want to knock out Goon though, I will.

Raiden
July 29th, 2011, 09:24 AM
I did some reading and member analysis while i was waiting, and i think i found out something interesting. Rumpel and his gang were incline to kill Goon too, but then they passed over to deoirin because they thought he was going to be healed, too. I am willing to switch our target. You're right when you say that we're getting a guaranteed kill on unknown low-posters, but as you have also said, they are (probably) guys who won't matter much into the game progression. I'd like to hear what Zack has to say at this point.

I have also checked some people for activity, and i got Oops, Rumpel, Auckmid and philie logging in very often without apparently posting anything. This may or may not mean something, but - apart from oops - i would include them in my to-kill list, especially philie, who also happens to be a mid-poster. That being said, there is only 1 doctor and we have one of the two unkillable roles in the game, we would be extremely unlucky if we don't get a kill this night.

About the timezone issue, i am mostly online from 7 AM through 8 PM forum time, but basically i could be available any time there's something interesting going on. Yes, i have a lot of spare time.

Raiden
July 30th, 2011, 06:55 AM
Zack was Last Active: July 28, 2011, 05:07:03 AM

where is he?

Anyway, i will probably be online for the next 5 hours, after that i cannot guarantee. In case i couldn't be able to join the discussion later, my votes are:

kill philie, send Zack

check Clawtrocity

Zack
July 30th, 2011, 10:17 AM
Hey guys, sorry for not being online. I'm less active on the forum, if at all, during the weekends normally, I didn't realize the game has started already :P

May I overule killing philie for now? You don't know her, but I do since we're both from EU. She can have an impact on the game, if you let her. Whenever it will be beneficial to us or not, only time will tell.

I agree that we shouldn't try to hit any of the obvious targets yet.

kill Crimson, send Zack

I'm indiffrent about who to check, and thats your role actually so you decide in the end, heh.

Indeed, no pulling punches on the cult. Infact i'd like to have the cult leader shot the moment we know who it is.

Raiden
July 30th, 2011, 10:34 AM
I'm still online at the moment :), and we have ... more or less 12 and a half hours to decide our targets, we shall discuss. Jack should log in in a while, unless he too has different timings in the weekends.

Actually, my motive for killing philie was exactly that she could be an active and valuable player for the team she's in (is she actually a girl? she might be healed just for that reason alone. But then again, girls on the internet? wtf), and she's not in our team. She's a mid poster, but not one of the ZOMGOBVIOUS targets such as the one listed earlier. Crimson on the other hand has been suggested by Jack as well, and it's not like i have any strong objection atm. I will stand by my vote for philie, just to hear what Jack has to say on the matter, but crimson will be perfectly fine too.

TheJackofSpades
July 30th, 2011, 11:38 AM
I will be killing phillie tonight unless it is well known that she is female.

I think that it would be nonstrategic to let someone who is both female and impactful to survive past the first night to be perfectly honest.

I withhold my vote for the moment though. Looking forward to that bit of clarification Zack.

P.S. I work saturdays at a local food pantry so this is around the time you can expect me to get back.

Zack
July 30th, 2011, 12:02 PM
The only assurance I can give you about my decision is my gut feeling, we should kill Crimson tonight, not philie.

Well, tbh, him or Rumpel, but Rumpel might be healed.

philie has posted her picture on this very forum, its quite likely many know she's a girl. Funny how that affects our decisions, I admit i'm also less willing to kill her because of that. Thats more due to my "pro-female" nature however, I like it when women have an impact :P

Raiden
July 30th, 2011, 12:43 PM
Is just gut feeling or have you got any particular reason? i.e. you're friend with him, you know that he's a good player, you think the town will follow him, you believe he's mafia, you don't like his name? Why him and not one of the other guys whom jack suggested?

also ITT: pervert guys looking for girls on the internet.

TheJackofSpades
July 30th, 2011, 04:56 PM
Just thought i'd let you know, assuming Zack doesn't respond, I have random.org'd it, and phillie has been sentenced to death.

Raiden
July 30th, 2011, 05:04 PM
The next 20 minutes will be my last for today, and i won't be back online for 8-10 hours. If no objections rise within this time window, i will send my investigating action on Clawtrocity to elixir.

I leave the decision on who to kill to our gf (who seems to have already made up his mind).

I will also miss the first couple hours of day 1, please make sure i don't get accused by too many people during that time :P

TheJackofSpades
July 30th, 2011, 05:10 PM
I've got no problems with investigating Claw

Raiden
July 30th, 2011, 05:27 PM
Uh i just read my role card again and found out that i can also post my night actions here.

check Clawtrocity

Good night and good luck everyone.

TheJackofSpades
July 30th, 2011, 08:06 PM
Alright well, I'm not gonna extend it anymore just in case I fail at time zones.

Kill Philie, send Zack