PDA

View Full Version : New Role: Liar

Ekkeh
September 8th, 2012, 10:40 AM
Role name: Liar
Description: A friend of one of the members of the mafia
Alignment: Neutral (Neutral evil)
Ability: None
Winning conditions: The Liar's target should still be alive by the end of the game.

Options:
[ ] Liar has to survive untill the end of the game. (default = off)

Sheriff Reports: Not suspicious
Investigator Reports: Your target appears to be unsuspicious. They are citizen, but they could be hiding something sinister...

Extra info:
The liar gets a random member from the mafia as his target. His goal is to let that person survive the game.
The liar does not know who the other mafia members are and does not know the role of his target.
The mafia does not know who the Liar is.

It's a hard role to win with. Probably the same difficulty as the witch, maybe a bit more difficult.

RLVG
September 8th, 2012, 11:07 AM
A reverse executioner?

Exe : Lynch townie (usualy)
This : Don't Lynch maf

Chane
September 8th, 2012, 11:08 AM
how many variations have we had on this idea? this certainly is one of the weaker ones.

Blazer
September 8th, 2012, 11:16 AM
sounds like lawyer...or w/e that role is that we had a chance to vote on :o

Tensa
September 8th, 2012, 11:18 AM
Nice idea!

MissingNo
September 8th, 2012, 11:26 AM
Day 2: -pm orange hey im liar and thats how i know ur maf. tell me the other mafs and we can vote together.

and then you essentially have another maf member...

Ekkeh
September 8th, 2012, 11:42 AM
A reverse executioner?

Exe : Lynch townie (usualy)
This : Don't Lynch maf

Basicly, yes. Except he won't turn into jester when his target dies. (Might be a way to make the role still fun to play when his target gets killed, but haven't thought of a way yet).

Day 2: -pm orange hey im liar and thats how i know ur maf. tell me the other mafs and we can vote together.

and then you essentially have another maf member...
Possible if PM is turned on yes. But a witch can do the same when he finds out who the mafia is (won't be on day2, but can still happen early). And a spy might intercept the PM if he's in game, pointing out every member of the mafia.

Slaol
September 8th, 2012, 03:57 PM
Basicly, yes. Except he won't turn into jester when his target dies. (Might be a way to make the role still fun to play when his target gets killed, but haven't thought of a way yet).

Possible if PM is turned on yes. But a witch can do the same when he finds out who the mafia is (won't be on day2, but can still happen early). And a spy might intercept the PM if he's in game, pointing out every member of the mafia.

Witch takes FAR more nights, and a lot of guessing. Change it to "Target won't be Town" and then it might not be Mafia. That makes it ?better? but still just he OK idea that has been raised again.

MissingNo
September 8th, 2012, 04:00 PM

Spy is often excluded or no town randoms.

Witch can win without mafia and therefore the maf need to be more wary of her (in case she goes for solo win or allies with the neut killer). Liar is 100% working with the mafia no matter what.

CardiffKilla
September 12th, 2012, 03:16 PM
I like your idea very much Ekkeh.
I agree with Blazer though, I think Lawyer is a much better name for this role.
I reckon it should have an ON / OFF switch for whether or not target is always Mafia because this role could work with anybody.
Maybe he should be set a new target if his original one is killed at night too perhaps?

This role should defo be added to the game.

Blazer
September 12th, 2012, 05:20 PM
I like your idea very much Ekkeh.
I agree with Blazer though, I think Lawyer is a much better name for this role.
I reckon it should have an ON / OFF switch for whether or not target is always Mafia because this role could work with anybody.
Maybe he should be set a new target if his original one is killed at night too perhaps?

This role should defo be added to the game.

I meant there is role called lawyer, that pretty much does this.

Saneshelf
September 12th, 2012, 09:15 PM
Essentially allied with the mafia, but the mafia does not know who they are (might kill/lynch them)

CardiffKilla
September 13th, 2012, 01:50 AM
I meant there is role called lawyer, that pretty much does this.

Really? I haven't played Mafia for the last week but I'm currently unaware of such a role.

Pedobearr
September 13th, 2012, 03:29 AM
Seems like a executioner to me.

Blazer
September 13th, 2012, 08:19 AM
Really? I haven't played Mafia for the last week but I'm currently unaware of such a role.

It's in R&D. It's a role that has been nominated to be implemented.

Damus_Graves
September 13th, 2012, 08:22 AM
It would be a good idea if a host option for target is always mafia is put into it.

and once again:
WITCH ISN'T HARD TO WIN AS!

Blazer
September 13th, 2012, 08:41 AM
It would be a good idea if a host option for target is always mafia is put into it.

and once again:
WITCH ISN'T HARD TO WIN AS!

That is pretty much the lawyer Damus.

Damus_Graves
September 13th, 2012, 08:43 AM
That is pretty much the lawyer Damus.

I know that.
I'm just giving advice ^.^

Blazer
September 13th, 2012, 08:44 AM
I know that.
I'm just giving advice ^.^

Don't give him advice to make it a role already suggested *facepalm*

Damus_Graves
September 13th, 2012, 08:45 AM
Don't give him advice to make it a role already suggested *facepalm*

Would you like me to say "This is lawyer. (Like so many other people have)"

It's solid advice. even if it IS lawyer redone

Blazer
September 13th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Would you like me to say "This is lawyer. (Like so many other people have)"

It's solid advice. even if it IS lawyer redone

Then the role should be deleted since it's Lawyer (already suggested).

Ekkeh
September 13th, 2012, 11:13 AM
It's in R&D. It's a role that has been nominated to be implemented.
What is R&D?

Damus_Graves
September 13th, 2012, 11:15 AM
What is R&D?

A subforum for VIP and above.

creedkingsx
September 13th, 2012, 11:26 AM
What is R&D?

Research and Development where any new ideas can be suggested and discussed by those allowed access, and eventually either implemented or rejected. Anything that has been implemented can be seen: here (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/forumdisplay.php/143-The-Display-Case), publicly.