PDA

View Full Version : Players Choice Award

Forum Mafia GM
September 7th, 2012, 05:56 PM
I am going to start this here, and move it when we hit Epilogue time.

Vote/talk about who played well and who you think did best.

Lupino
September 7th, 2012, 06:18 PM
Well I guess Irulan had the most impact on the outcome, though his/her daytime behaviour in the first days was far from helpful to the town it gave enough WIFOM protection to buy some time and get information.

Margot did really well with his day shots. He wasn't very active in the scum hunt, though again that might have worked in his advantage.

Paulus' citizen act was convincing enough until close to the end. He wouldn't have been found either if it wasn't for the bus driver switching darwi with me, which was just bad luck. His night kills took out a few mafia players too many, which didn't work out well for him in the end.

Mohiam was great at the start, but started dropping scumtells on his last day.

I don't think anyone stands out for overall great play (daytime and actions), but I'm nominating this bunch.

Jessica
September 7th, 2012, 06:35 PM
I think Margot is playing a very good game. However, GF is doing a solid job atm, so I'll reserve judgement for now.

I think that having [Hidden Town Power] is making the setup much less balanced then if there was just [Hidden Town]. As scum, mass claims are never fun. However, since the exact number of citizens and the exact number of town powers are known, a mass claim in the mid-game makes it way too easy to find the liars. Combined with the very powerful vigilante, town is just too much of a powerhouse.

Garon
September 7th, 2012, 06:59 PM
There wasn't anyone in particular who stood out in my opinion. Lots of players made mistakes here and there and literally everyone was suspicious at some point in the game. If I had to choose, I'd at least nominate Margot, Lupino, Mohiam, and Paulus.

Man, I really wish I lived past night 1. Went from surviving to the end of the game but losing to being one of the first to die but most likely winning. :/

Ilban
September 7th, 2012, 08:13 PM
Would be between Margot, Mohiam and Paulus.

But like Jessica said, we'll have to wait until the end, Red GF seems pretty solid.

Kailea
September 7th, 2012, 08:28 PM
Andrew Ryan or Mohiam.

Jessica
September 8th, 2012, 06:08 PM
Well guess Margot is out of the running for any awards.

-Vote Andrew Ryan

Town still hasn't found him.

Paulus
September 8th, 2012, 07:54 PM
Well guess Margot is out of the running for any awards.

-Vote Andrew Ryan

Town still hasn't found him.
I second this

Chobyn
September 9th, 2012, 02:23 AM
I can't vote for myself I guess, but I woul dlike to nominate myself because I think I did a good job.

-Jailed faykan, giving him information via code which helped to lead the town. Also stopped a mislynch on faykan through revealing myself to him after I knew he was innocent.
-Didn't hammer tylwyth, despite being online the entire hour before end of day 2.
-Executed bellonda (not that useful, but maybe she would have wasted towns time by trolling as she did day 2. She didnt even post during jail chat at all). bellonda was bruno i think
-did a good job scumhunting in the later days

Mohiam
September 9th, 2012, 03:49 AM
I thought Margot played very well in both staying hidden and scum hunting. He would have been my choice before his mod kill.

Lupino made a lot of sense in day chat and his day 1 doc claim was a good idea imo. He made it a bad idea for scum to kill him since a lookout was watching him and his death found the sk. He could have had a big impact on the game if Paulus hadn't made the 'mistake' of killing him.

Paulus did a great job looking like town. His only mis-step was claiming cit on day 2 which was too risky imo when you can be found by the lookout or masons very easily. He also took out a lot of scum with his night kills.

I don't know how well the mafia did without reading their chats but Kailea, Torynn and Helena played solid games by not drawing much attention until the end.

Darwi was pretty good as the jester. I'm not sure why town lynched him when the lookout proved he wasn't the godfather and he was risking getting shot by playing very pro-town and claiming not cit but he somehow made it all work and got himself lynched.

Because of Margot's mod kill, -vote Lupino.

Mohiam
September 9th, 2012, 04:02 AM
I forgot about Irulan but he was very good as well. I'm not sure if claiming cit would have been good if he been masoned but he tried to dissuade them from recruiting him. He picked good some good lookout targets and waited until a load of scum had claimed before disproving them. Without him town probably wouldn't have won.

Kagin
September 9th, 2012, 06:39 AM
I'd nominate Darwi for being #1 jester
What is Darwi's com anyway

Other interesting players: Mohiam, Margot, Lupino

Darwi
September 9th, 2012, 07:12 AM
If you ignore the fact that his unlucky night actions practically caused him to take out half the other scum AND resulted in his own demise, I think Paulus played a great game. I never did think he would be SK.

Although there's something to be said for the GF in that the only way town will have found him is through process of elimination, confirming everyone else as town first.

Vorian
September 9th, 2012, 08:03 AM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/26434502.jpg

Paulus
September 9th, 2012, 08:57 AM

Hey your right.
+1 to you

Garon
September 9th, 2012, 10:45 AM

He came up with that? I totally forgot who did, and he hasn't been that active in day chat. Still, I think he definitely deserves a mention at the very least, so thanks for bringing him up.

Blazer
September 9th, 2012, 03:43 PM
Vote: Raptorblaze

Raptorblaze
September 9th, 2012, 03:45 PM
-vote Tylwyth for Village Idiot
-vote Margot for Player's Choice
@Chobyn a gentleman does not nominate himself :P

Dont Shoot Me
September 9th, 2012, 03:51 PM
-vote Darwi for Player's Choice

It's a nice change of pace to have a jester that doesn't just spam from the moment the game starts until they are lynched.

AppleyNO
September 9th, 2012, 04:53 PM
-Vote Darwi

Great Jester is Great

Brendan
September 9th, 2012, 05:03 PM
-vote Deathfire for captain faggot -vote myself for mvp I mean come on, my last will was the best.

Ash
September 9th, 2012, 06:45 PM
-vote Tylwyth for Village Idiot
This and
-vote Darwi

Mugy
September 9th, 2012, 08:44 PM
I never saw a jester coming
-vote Darwi

CmG
September 10th, 2012, 12:30 AM
Despite he was kinda really really lucky that scum didn't forfeit the night b4. So he magically got lynched with no good reason. But hey! Luck is definetly a huge factor as well. Especially for a jester who was more pro town than most of the Town players. I would have laughed so bad if he would have been standing to the end.

Other choices would be Irulan i guess. The rest couldn't cordinate the day chat to get scum lynched. Its always easier to win as a benign neutral compared to the real scum he didn't took the easy way out and tried to have some fun out of his role and that deserves credit.

-vote Darwi

Glip
September 11th, 2012, 05:13 PM
Well, normally I would have voted for Paulus, but since he won MVP, and after seeing Lupino's magnificent code in jail chat, and knowing how he played, and because he's a House fan...

-vote Lupino

Deathfire123
September 11th, 2012, 05:32 PM
Darwi has nearly everyone fooled, so -vote Darwi

Glip
September 11th, 2012, 07:45 PM
Oh jeez. :shy: You guys are making this feel like Day 6 all over again.

Blazer
September 11th, 2012, 07:46 PM
Oh jeez. :shy: You guys are making this feel like Day 6 all over again.

http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/13153-Dust-Glip-Luv