PDA

View Full Version : Anti-troll finishes

MissingNo
September 5th, 2012, 03:17 PM
I would like the game to end when it is over except for a chance of down syndrome.

Examples include:

when it goes to day and there are 2 maf+1 arson/sk/mm. Game should end since the only way for maf to lose is if 1 maf trolls or goes afk.

when the last town quits the game during the day and all that remains are neuts that win with mafia as well as killers. such as: [town+town+witch+maf+maf+maf- town lynched, town leaves. game ends.]

Venarik
September 5th, 2012, 05:24 PM
I'm all for it. I'd be interested to hear reasons against it.

on a side note, why is "number" abbreviated "no." when there's no o in number?

AppleyNO
September 5th, 2012, 05:27 PM
when it goes to day and there are 2 maf+1 arson/sk/mm. Game should end since the only way for maf to lose is if 1 maf trolls or goes afk.
I would think the Mafia has a 50% to lose if GF hasn't died(100% if he has), since the SK or MM would kill someone, winning the game.

Also, I agree with the town town witch mafX3 example.

Venarik
September 5th, 2012, 05:31 PM
I would think the Mafia has a 50% (if GF hasn't died) for SK or MM to kill someone, winning the game.

Well if it just went to day, the 2 maf would lynch whoever else is left, wouldn't they?

AppleyNO
September 5th, 2012, 05:32 PM
Well if it just went to day, the 2 maf would lynch whoever else is left, wouldn't they?
OHHHHHH

I thought that when It when into night...

OHHHH

THAT makes sense
*facepalm*

MissingNo
September 5th, 2012, 05:32 PM
I would think the Mafia has a 50% to lose if GF hasn't died(100% if he has), since the SK or MM would kill someone, winning the game.

I said when it goes to day. Sk/mm cant kill during the day.

AppleyNO
September 5th, 2012, 05:33 PM
I said when it goes to day. Sk/mm cant kill during the day.
Then I support this fully
There would be no real reason to continue day at that point.

:P

Chane
September 6th, 2012, 03:15 AM
/sign

I aggree.

but its to fun to act like witch with gf and say your arson when the last town gets lynched

Guardian
September 6th, 2012, 04:07 AM
+1
Agree!

I hate playing with trolls that kill my games in this way.

Damus_Graves
September 6th, 2012, 04:08 AM
Report them.

Mugy
September 6th, 2012, 05:04 AM
This would a huge bitch to code I would assume.

Raptorblaze
September 6th, 2012, 05:24 AM
This would a huge bitch to code I would assume.

Probably, expecially since he'd had to code for EACH POSSIBLE COMBINATION

Chane
September 6th, 2012, 07:18 AM
Probably, expecially since he'd had to code for EACH POSSIBLE COMBINATION

can't he do it like

*wincondition mafia
{if "mafia"=2 and "nat.killer" or "cult" or "town"=1
} {victory=mafia}

NOTE: I can't code, but this is a fague representation of what I mean, he could put it in cathagories right?

Guardian
September 6th, 2012, 07:36 AM
I think what would be needed would be something like:

"Mafia Players" > "Alive Non-Mafia Killers"^2 = TRUE
AND
"Mafia Players" > "Alive Players" - "Mafia Players" = TRUE
AND
Alive Citizens = 0 OR "Citizens win ties" = FALSE
THEN
Proceed to "Mafia Victory"

That would easily finish it.
What I mean by "Alive Non-Mafia Killers^2"
Is number of all living killers (Including vigilantes,jailers,jesters, bus-drivers,witches,SKs,MMs...) squared.

It should also include all players that could THEORETICALLY assist in the killing of someone.

Anyways, it can't be THAT hard to code it in.

MissingNo
September 6th, 2012, 01:52 PM
Another example would be surv+(1 or more) maf+ last town left during the day.

It is silly to have it go to night and fuck over the surv cuz the maf decides to shoot them since the townie is en route to suicide.

Cryptonic
September 6th, 2012, 01:54 PM
This idea makes it completely impossible to get solo win as any non-killing neutral

MissingNo
September 6th, 2012, 03:55 PM
This idea makes it completely impossible to get solo win as any non-killing neutral

It does not.

I specifically said when there are 3 mafia and a witch (and a soon to be dead town) so that the witch couldnt get solo win anyways.

You simply do not need to make games finish if there is a chance for a solo neut win.

Witch is really the only one that matters anyways. A surv, for example, would generally only get solo win if the maf is about to die to the jester. If that were true, then obviously the game couldn't end prematurely since the maf would lose.

Guardian
September 7th, 2012, 01:17 AM
Made some slight adjustments to the formula.

It should now account for every.possible.situation and is 100% fair :)

Mugy
September 7th, 2012, 02:11 AM
I think the current system is fine, you should have the patience to stay in the game for three minutes longer.

Damus_Graves
September 7th, 2012, 02:19 AM
I agree with Tree-san up there.

ZeratulChef
September 7th, 2012, 03:00 AM
I not like this because in some setup Witch can Kill the Evil and go for Own Victory Alone example:

1 GF + 1 Arso + 1 Witch.

Where Witch have already doused GF and ARSO.... so only need to recontrol GF to himself, Wait for Arso Burn and Tadah :) Witch Win.

I am sure another scenario can be exist where Witch can lynch GF and survive to Mass Murderer to control to himself or etcetc.

Guardian
September 7th, 2012, 03:03 AM
From what I see about the topic, the problem is that trolls basically throw away victories.

3 minutes longer isn't an issue, losing the game because of an AFKer is a problem.

Or am I mis-reading something?

MissingNo
September 7th, 2012, 07:41 AM
I not like this because in some setup Witch can Kill the Evil and go for Own Victory Alone example:

1 GF + 1 Arso + 1 Witch.

Where Witch have already doused GF and ARSO.... so only need to recontrol GF to himself, Wait for Arso Burn and Tadah :) Witch Win.

I am sure another scenario can be exist where Witch can lynch GF and survive to Mass Murderer to control to himself or etcetc.

Witch can win with arson. There is no way that scenario would end prematurely

creedkingsx
September 7th, 2012, 02:08 PM

1 GF + 1 Arso + 1 Witch.

Grim? :|