PDA

View Full Version : Unlucky day

Espozito
September 5th, 2012, 08:57 AM
What a GREAT DAY i had today!!!!
How nice it was to get maf roles 10 times in a row! And every time I have been revealed in 2 days!
More awesome was a friggin cheater mayor who spotted our gf on the first day. he didn't say 'let's random' he said 'He is gf, trust me'. After that the same guy was lookout and he got 2 of 3 mafs on d1 (but we visited different ppl).
After that we had a consig in team, who checked a guy and said he was detective. In the end, he appeared to be SHERIFF! Was it a gamethrower or a blind man?? How could he missread sheriff and detective??? (i checked the replay he saw sheriff, no witch or bd)
After that 10 times-maf i got another role... ARSO! Doused 2 ppl and then got bmed. After that a random guy said i am maf, I started to random-vote... And they lynched me...
When They saw i am arso, not maf (and no framer possible, cause consig is dead and bmer is alive), they said 'gj, sheriff'.
I just don't get it. Am I cursed or what???

Damus_Graves
September 5th, 2012, 09:04 AM
Unlucky indeed. Im sry bro.

Bahkieh
September 5th, 2012, 09:11 AM
I know that feel bro

Blazer
September 5th, 2012, 10:19 AM
*lightning rumbles in the deep*

That sucks bro :/ better luck next time!

Chane
September 5th, 2012, 10:42 AM
I flipping hate playing arson... all my targets die, I get spotted n2... all the time, still need that win

Damus_Graves
September 5th, 2012, 10:43 AM
Arson is playable. You just need to be able to WIFOM and avoid suspension till the right moment

Chane
September 5th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Arson is playable. You just need to be able to WIFOM and avoid suspension till the right moment

2 words: "pubs" and "sheep"

Damus_Graves
September 5th, 2012, 10:47 AM
2 words: "pubs" and "sheep"

One sentence.
Sheep follow the stronger player.

Blazer
September 5th, 2012, 11:04 AM
One sentence.
Sheep follow the stronger player.

owned.

Antithese
September 6th, 2012, 10:22 AM
DIE, POTATO.

MissingNo
September 6th, 2012, 10:31 AM

This is absurd to say.

Thats like saying "playing basketball 1v5 is playable, you just gotta be way better than everyone else."

-.-

Blazer
September 6th, 2012, 10:38 AM
This is absurd to say.

Thats like saying "playing basketball 1v5 is playable, you just gotta be way better than everyone else."

-.-

Horrible analogy. Yet I'm sure Michael Jordan could beat five high school players.
Arson is payable and fine the way it is. If you can't win, you suck or are just unlucky.

Damus_Graves
September 6th, 2012, 10:43 AM
Horrible analogy. Yet I'm sure Michael Jordan could beat five high school players.
Arson is payable and fine the way it is. If you can't win, you suck or are just unlucky.

Thank you Blazer♥.

Anyways. Arson is only hard to play when you fuck up/get sheriffed

MissingNo
September 6th, 2012, 10:43 AM

It is not horrible in the slightest. It is exactly in line with what Damus said (which was along the lines of "so what if its harder? play better").

I was not making a statement in the degree of difficulty arson requires. I have won as arson more than once.

I definately do believe, however, that arson is significantly more difficult than other roles. Saying "its fine the way it is" and refusing to discuss changes is simply ignorant and foolish. Personally I would look toward the investigator message or force "target does not know when doused" to always be on when proposing a change to arsonist.

Blazer
September 6th, 2012, 10:48 AM
It is not horrible in the slightest. It is exactly in line with what Damus said (which was along the lines of "so what if its harder? play better").

I was not making a statement in the degree of difficulty arson requires. I have won as arson more than once.

I definately do believe, however, that arson is significantly more difficult than other roles. Saying "its fine the way it is" and refusing to discuss changes is simply ignorant and foolish. Personally I would look toward the investigator message or force "target does not know when doused" to always be on when proposing a change to arsonist.

Arson is harder. So what. That's why he gets more points in a win. It's like saying omg sniper class sux in cod. Its too hard. That's it's role, suck it up, put on your big boy pants, and grow a pair.

I never said we shouldn't change the arson. However, i have yet to hear an implementation good enough to add/change.

MissingNo
September 6th, 2012, 10:49 AM
Arson is harder. So what. That's why he gets more points in a win. It's like saying omg sniper class sux in cod. Its too hard. That's it's role, suck it up, put on your big boy pants, and grow a pair.

k? so grow a pair and take on those 5 guys in basketball.

Blazer
September 6th, 2012, 10:53 AM
k? so grow a pair and take on those 5 guys in basketball.

I do. Sometimes i win, sometimes i lose. It's the game.
Your analogy still sucks.

If i suck at basketball, i shouldn't change the rules to help me. I should try to get better.
You suck at arson, we aren't going to cater to you, (figuratively). Get better as arson or hope sheriff doesn't find you night one.

MissingNo
September 6th, 2012, 10:55 AM
I do. Sometimes i win, sometimes i lose. It's the game.
Your analogy still sucks.

If i suck at basketball, i shouldn't change the rules to help me. I should try to get better.
You suck at arson, we aren't going to cater to you, (figuratively). Get better as arson or hope sheriff doesn't find you night one.

That is just silly. Of course you should change the rules to make it a 1v1 instead of a 1v5.

And "hope sheriff doesn't find you night one" is just great advice.

Damus_Graves
September 6th, 2012, 10:58 AM
Actually there has been a newb friendly change to the game to make arson easier.

Framer framing as evil neutrals+mafia

Also, Arson is just as hard as MM is. Which is not very hard.

Edit: Also, sniper class in CoD is super easy. For me at least.

Blazer
September 6th, 2012, 11:00 AM
That is just silly. Of course you should change the rules to make it a 1v1 instead of a 1v5.

And "hope sheriff doesn't find you night one" is just great advice.

It's the game. Silly or not. (sometimes sheriff can't find arson)

Your analogy still needs improvement. Your basis is for comparison is skewed. Arson has options in place to make it balanced. In your analogy it's a vague comparison. Many factors will determine the victor. Like i said Michael Jordan our tim Duncan could best 5 high shoolers ez