PDA

View Full Version : New Role: Vanguard (Mafia)

Force20
September 3rd, 2012, 08:11 PM
Mafia Killing

"A prison officer working for organized crime."

The vanguard is a mafia-aligned jailor who can choose to cage someone during the day. If no one is lynched that day, then his target is caged the following night. The vanguard can then talk to that caged person anonymously. The vanguard can choose to execute his caged person.

- The vanguard's ability only works if no one is lynched during the day.
- The caged person gains full night-immunity while caged.
- Caging is a perfect role-block; the caged person cannot even talk to his teammates.
- The vanguard cannot talk to the mafia if he has someone detained in a cage.
- The vanguard cannot use -target # if he has someone detained in a cage.
- The mafia will know who the vanguard wants to cage.
- If a vanguard and a jailor want to detain the same target, the vanguard will gain priority.
- If a vanguard and a jailor want to detain each other, then the vanguard will gain priority.

Host options:

- Becomes mafioso if alone (on/off)
- Limited to 1 execution
- Limited to 2 executions
- Can target mafia members

If execution limits is turned off, then the vanguard cannot execute anyone. Additionally, if the vanguard is allowed to detain mafia members, then the vanguard cannot execute them.

Mugy
September 3rd, 2012, 09:03 PM
0/10 for originality, seriously.
As for balance, I think this just won't work. The mafia will know who is NOT mafia, i.e their enemies. The vanguard would have almost no strategy, just jail and random execute.

Slaol
September 3rd, 2012, 09:09 PM
Not going to happen. People try 'Kidnapper' a lot, and I am a fan. But adding a second kill (my Kidnapper does not kill, ever) to Mafia is never going to be a thing. Only Disguiser, and that role is more about the stealing of the identity than the kill itself.

Slaol
September 3rd, 2012, 09:10 PM
0/10 for originality, seriously.
As for balance, I think this just won't work. The mafia will know who is NOT mafia, i.e their enemies. The vanguard would have almost no strategy, just jail and random execute.

Perfect role block, force a claim, more kills, and weakening Jailor in the metagame. Perfectly balanced!

Damus_Graves
September 3rd, 2012, 09:29 PM
Double posts...........

Anyways. This idea has come up before and it has been shot down. This idea needs a reason for what he does and randomly jailing and execution to add an additional KPN is not one i am fond of for mafia roles

Jim
September 3rd, 2012, 09:38 PM
So if mafia have a Disguiser, GF and Vanguard they could kill 3 people in one night.....

Slaol
September 3rd, 2012, 09:57 PM
Double posts...........

Anyways. This idea has come up before and it has been shot down. This idea needs a reason for what he does and randomly jailing and execution to add an additional KPN is not one i am fond of for mafia roles

I was trying to post first one when Mugy7 was posting his. I didn't want to stop it to go read his first. My bad.

Chane
September 3rd, 2012, 11:47 PM
kidnapper, /thread

CardiffKilla
September 5th, 2012, 01:24 AM
Very overpowered!
Double kills for the mafia, perfect roleblock, and the jailing part is pointless because the mafia would nearlly always execute, given that they know the role of the detainee is not on their side.