PDA

View Full Version : [Suggestion] Non-Host Save Building

RLVG
September 3rd, 2012, 11:08 AM
I like the idea to make saves, take setups from others and etc.

However, my own save is messed up and whenever I try to fix it everyone just quits because all they see is roles being re-arranged.

My save is so messed up there's NO random roles. The misc stuff is fine, but...
When they see I take slightly longer to fix my save, delete things and replace - they think I'm some noob and quit.

It's rare I get permission by others to fix my save, but when there is - there's still some disagreeing.:suspicious:

So my suggestion is that we should be able to edit our own save during the game. Say, -rebuild would cause a menu popup and we could fix things there. Affecting our own current save data while the current one plays. Prefferably when we're dead.

Duzero
September 3rd, 2012, 11:12 AM
That's actually a good suggestion, sometimes i find problems in my save and think about changing them. But it might be a while until I'm host again so by the time I host again (hours or days later) I will have forgotten about the fix and do the same mistake again :p.

Blazer
September 3rd, 2012, 11:14 AM
Or you could click "create game" and host your game by yourself and edit it.

RLVG
September 3rd, 2012, 11:17 AM
Or you could click "create game" and host your game by yourself and edit it.

A setup would also require 15 players, otherwise you can't fill all the roles. With only yourself, good luck making a setup.

Blazer
September 3rd, 2012, 11:21 AM
A setup would also require 15 players, otherwise you can't fill all the roles. With only yourself, good luck making a setup.

With only yourself you can edit, remove, and add roles. Then just click "save" or type -save.
I just started a game by myself and checked to see if I could do it again...you cant start but you can save, isn't that the whole point?

creedkingsx
September 3rd, 2012, 11:22 AM

If game starts with only 1 person in the game, you can add up to 15 slots in the game, edit role options, and save as needed. Infinite timer.

RLVG
September 3rd, 2012, 11:24 AM
If game starts with only 1 person in the game, you can add up to 15 slots in the game, edit role options, and save as needed. Infinite timer.

Wow, really? NONE told me. And I wouldn't be sane to join with just myself.

Very well, I'm the noob again. Close / del thread. :P

Edit : A suggestion would be to make this easier to notice.

creedkingsx
September 3rd, 2012, 11:26 AM
Wow, really? NONE told me. And I wouldn't be sane to join with just myself.

Very well, I'm the noob again. Close / del thread. :P

Haha :P There is a mode under mafia called, "Save Slot," allows 1 person in lobby and automatically loads up your save and everything is ready for you when it starts.