PDA

View Full Version : List of Death Discriptions

Chane
August 31st, 2012, 02:21 PM
for those looking for a list:

Mafia:
He/She was shot at close range.
There were signs of struggle. He/she was shot at close range.
There were signs of struggle. His/Her body was battered and had multiple bone fractures. He/She was shot at close range.
His/Her body had bruises and minor fractures. He/She was also riddled with bullets at close range.
Serial Killer:
He/She had multiple stab wounds.
There were signs of a struggle. He/She had multiple stab wounds.
He/She had bruises and some bone fractures. He/She had multiple stab wounds.
His/Her body was severely battered with many broken bones. He/She had multiple stab wounds.
Veteran:
He/She was killed with a military-grade assault rifle.
He/She had multiple wounds from a fragmentation grenade. He/She was killed with a military-grade assault rifle.
Vigilante:
He/She was ripped apart with several rounds from a high-calibur gun.
His/Her body had bruises and minor fractures. He was shot by a high-caliber gun.
Mass Murderer:
He/She was completely eviscerated.
He/She died horribly to chainsaw wounds.
He/She was torn to pieces with a chainsaw.
He/She became an unrecognizable pile of gore.
His/Her entrails were strewn about the house.
Arsonist:
He/She was killed in a fire.
He/She was incinerated
Bodyguard:
He/She was killed in a duel.
Jailor:
He/She was executed in a jail cell.
Jester Grief Suicide:
He/She apparently shot herself. Her suicide note expressed grief and guilt over the Jester's death.
Witch Suicide:
Bus Driver:
He/She was run over by a bus.
Mason Leader:
He/She was bludgeoned to death.
Administrator Kick:
He/She was struck by lightning.
Suicide:
He/She committed suicide.

Suggestion: add the list Death Descriptions to the help menu in-game together with the roles assigned to them.

I think this will clear up the confusion for a lot of new players, this was the first problem I encountered when first playing mafia, I had no idea what death meant who which means it took a lot of time and fail to learn them all.

weapons of choice
Mafia: low range guns
Serial killer: knifes
Vigilante: high caliber guns
Arsonist: gasoline and a lighter
Veteran: a Military-grade assault rifle
Mass-Murderer: a chainsaw
Body Guard: a gun
BusDriver: a Bus (for every redirected attack)
Jailor: unknown
MasonLeader: unknown (can only kill cultists)

tiloup1441
August 31st, 2012, 02:26 PM
MM = 'entrails torn apart' and some other descrips i think

creedkingsx
August 31st, 2012, 02:40 PM
MM depends entirely on how many kills he gets.

Chane
August 31st, 2012, 03:26 PM
MM depends entirely on how many kills he gets.

in which case we need a list for him as well, but on the wiki.

and could the no voter comprehend the reasoning behind this decision? I would like to hear your feedback.

creedkingsx
August 31st, 2012, 04:24 PM
It's effort on DR's part that is unnecessary. The help menu is currently difficult to read as is because of the blizzard glitch. (damn you, blizzard >.<)
I didn't vote no, just to say.

Chane
September 1st, 2012, 02:28 AM
it's indeed hard to read, but blizz can fix it any moment (nah just joking its blizzard we are talking about)

would it be a good addition to the wiki?

J
September 1st, 2012, 05:48 PM
Mason leader is "beaten to death with a blunt object", just so's you know.

CortoMontez
September 1st, 2012, 08:06 PM
Frankly I think that there should only be one death description for each type (maybe two for the MM when kills > 1), simply because the additional death descriptions add little to the game, and often serve to confuse less experienced players.

A prime example of this is the 'Post-mortem stab wounds' description, which has led many a new player to believe there were multiple Serial Killers in the game.

I also think that the death descriptions should be added to the rolecards of the relevant roles, this way it would both bypass the 'Blizzard bug' and prevent the all too common scenario where newer players confuse the vigilante and veteran death descriptions.

On a final note, if there are multiple hits on a person at night, it should provide a description for each hit, rather than only the first one (which seems arbitrary) this would help prevent further confusion, and provide players with more information.

Chane
September 2nd, 2012, 04:30 AM
Frankly I think that there should only be one death description for each type (maybe two for the MM when kills > 1), simply because the additional death descriptions add little to the game, and often serve to confuse less experienced players.

A prime example of this is the 'Post-mortem stab wounds' description, which has led many a new player to believe there were multiple Serial Killers in the game.

I also think that the death descriptions should be added to the rolecards of the relevant roles, this way it would both bypass the 'Blizzard bug' and prevent the all too common scenario where newer players confuse the vigilante and veteran death descriptions.

On a final note, if there are multiple hits on a person at night, it should provide a description for each hit, rather than only the first one (which seems arbitrary) this would help prevent further confusion, and provide players with more information.

the post mortum stab wounds should be if the if target got healed by doc from mafia and killed by sk

for mafia overiding the doc because another killer did the first hit: "X was bleeding badly from stab wounds when he was shot in the back and laid to peace"

Tensa
September 8th, 2012, 02:04 PM
Sk "His troat was slit" Too no?

Jailor maybe electric chair

Auckmid
September 8th, 2012, 02:11 PM
You're missing the witch kill!

Force20
September 8th, 2012, 05:07 PM
You're missing the witch kill!

I though the witch kill is whatever role the controlled killer is?

Tensa
September 8th, 2012, 05:31 PM

Committed suicide no?

creedkingsx
September 8th, 2012, 06:08 PM

He means when witch makes someone shoot themselves, that is a witch kill.
It is suicide with signs of a struggle, if I recall correctly.

Voss
September 8th, 2012, 10:17 PM
it's indeed hard to read, but blizz can fix it any moment (nah just joking its blizzard we are talking about)

would it be a good addition to the wiki?

http://wiki.sc2mafia.com/en/index.php/Mechanics

day-break messages. THANKS BUD. CHECK OUT WIKI =D

Chane
September 9th, 2012, 03:25 AM
http://wiki.sc2mafia.com/en/index.php/Mechanics

day-break messages. THANKS BUD. CHECK OUT WIKI =D

great!

Chane
September 9th, 2012, 03:32 AM
updated, I think this will be a worthy addition to the help menu in its current state

Damus_Graves
September 9th, 2012, 03:41 AM
Mason Leader: Mace (Bludgeoned to death)
Jailor: Gun (Most Logical choice)
Witch Suicide (only for vigilante)
There was a struggle shot with high caliber gun